Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub 189 Discussion/190 Predictions

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 189 Discussion/190 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    I don't think Natsume is as strong as Toujou. In new school arc, when Oga was fighting Miki, Natsume didn't have upper-hand and won because his opponent let his grip loose. But he IS strong, little below Toujou/Oga (without demonic powers), as we saw in first arc, where he was beating everyone he wanted. MK5, Toujou's subordinates etc. Kanzaki was getting beaten, Natsume came, beat the shit outta them.
    We've never actually seen Natsume going all out so that's not accurate. He might show his true strength in this arc.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter this week. I am feeling the epicness of this arc already even if there were literally no female characters in it.

The drawing was phenomenal this chapter! I admit, I was thrown off by the harsh shading in some of the panels, but I think they add real grit to the scenario. The spread with Nasu introducing himself was so epic, especially since he's carrying the concrete wall slab like its nothing. The thugs were drawn very well too, Nasu being particularly interesting. Last chapter I was so sure he'd look like an Oga/Toujo lovechild, but his features are unique after all. At the same time he's like a background fodder that shouldn't be challenging anyone, but there he is, one of three antagonists.

Wow, Oga was so serious this chapter. I think its because he's been concerned about Beel being kidnapped that makes the arc much more interesting. Oga normally couldn't care less about the higher order of things. And yeah, last chapter he kept on saying how he can handle it, how he doesn't care that Ishiyama's having a duel to see who comes out on top again, but the dream persists on becoming reality. Its creepy, and I'd be creeped out too. Oga is in a abnormal situation here, he has to remain on top of things otherwise there's no guarantee on what could happen next, not to him, but to people around him. He's rattled by Beel's agitation, and he's concerned for Furuichi's safety.

Natsume, Shiroyama, and Kanzaki's fights were good too. I'm glad we're seeing more of them. I know Kanzaki got knocked unconscious, but eh, I'm not too worried by it. He's the weakest of the TKKH, after all. Then again, I've never been good with power levels, so as long as its not Toujo or Kunieda getting their ass handed to them for no reason, I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed by this ? It's a Deja vu, reminds of the first arc where Oga had to beat the Touhoushinki... Also Oga fought against freakin demons... Unless these guys have some demonic power, it would be a bit lame to see Oga, Toujou and Kunieda struggle against those punks coming out of nowhere.
    I think this arc has more than meets the eye. One major thing that stood out to me was that Onizuka was taking orders from a freshman, and that Nasu didn't seem to identify with Takamiya and Fuji as I thought he would. Oga's prediction that all three of them would steal/kidnap Beel, but so far it looks like the three of them have come from different schools and are acting independently. We'll see next chapter if these guys stand a chance against Oga at all. If they've contracted with demons, that's great, if not, I'm sure its justified in some other way. The fact that Hilda's not in this chapter means we have no clue if any of these guys are demons, contractors, or something else entirely.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    I don't think Natsume is as strong as Toujou. In new school arc, when Oga was fighting Miki, Natsume didn't have upper-hand and won because his opponent let his grip loose. But he IS strong, little below Toujou/Oga (without demonic powers), as we saw in first arc, where he was beating everyone he wanted. MK5, Toujou's subordinates etc. Kanzaki was getting beaten, Natsume came, beat the shit outta them.
    Don't forget Natsume was the only guy who came out completely unhurt after school's explosion in the first arc.
    I'm starting to believe again he has some special power.

Haha, hype is working on me.
    Last edited by Pirulito; January 24, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like things are about to get interesting. I'm beginning to have high expectations for this arc. Just maybe, Natsume might get serious.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    This chapter was awesome. Natsume was shining in this chapter. He's probably as strong as Toujou but still oozing with respect for Oga. Glad some action is finally happening.
    God he we go again Natsume hype he's ridiculous overrated. Natsume needed his buddies to fight against a 1 demon, while Toujou took out 2 piller heads with out much trouble.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Laif's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. i would really loved if it turned out that Natsume is stronger than Oga My fav. char from the beginning. ofc.. with Furuichi

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt Natsume is strong but I personally don't think he's stronger than Oga.Oga is pretty much a demon now.
    I also wouldn't be too thrilled if Natsume is a demon or contain demon blood like Izuma.
    If every strong person in this series are demons or rely on demonic power,it would get boring.That's why I'm glad that Toujou is still a 'human'.
    Last edited by Akia999; January 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was great and the Arc seems to be quite promissing.

The freshmen seem to be quite good. Especially as they already managed to take down Kanzaki. Of course he isn't the strongest in Oga's army, but still.
    Natsume was great. Of couse he didn't show his true power, but he still managed to submit the one who is at least stronger than Kanzaki with one simple handshake. And that's badasss.)

The Freshmen guy who confronts Oga must have a demonic power of some sort, otherwise I just can't see how he can logically fight on par with Oga. But we'll see in the next chapter what's going on.)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Laif's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the theory about Natsume having a demon power.. or could be a demon in human skin (i know it sound ridiciolous but whatever ) I could be wrong.. but isn't he the only one major character excluding Hilda that never went all out on somebody?? If thats true, no wonder I am not the only one who hypes him to some other level Those characters are always badass even though the don't shine to often.

@Demon Roronoa Zoro
    I respect your opinion about some of us hyping Natsume. But it is my right to dream right and having my own opinions and assumptions

Peace, and good day to all Beelzebub fans

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsume really strong.. but i still think Toujou stronger than him.. Toujou the more he fight the more stronger he become.. like super beast in human form (Great Tigers) while Oga a super demon in human form (Ultimate Ogres).. Onizuka toe to toe with Toujou just an old story.. just a hype from Ishiyama delinquent fodder.

Nasu the eggplant? huh..? there much strong people out there.. Aiba one of them but without demonic power like seal of Beelzebub i'm sure Oga can just overkill them all. i got some theory that maybe Nasu the eggplant? got contract with some strong demon and the one who put shit on the Beelzebub seal are the demon. not so sure or did Nasu the eggplant? so fast that even Oga don't see what he doing with the seal..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the dream implied a Beel kipnapping, maybe we will finally see the return of Athrun and his boss who seem to have something against the Demon King they might be pulling the string of the freshmen without their knowledge.
    Last edited by masgrande; January 26, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    Since the dream implied a Beel kipnapping, maybe we will finally see the return of Athrun and his boss who seem to have something against the Demon King they might be pulling the string of the freshmen without their knowledge.
    If someone in the demon world was the one who to put their hands in this ruckus, I think that's entirely plausible, but somehow I believe that Arthrun will not come back (sooner) for unknown reason. Tamura has been so bad when it comes to foreshadowing, one proof of this statement is that it took a very long time before we know the truth about Natsume's power. I'm not saying that your theory is preposterous, but I won't cross my fingers to Arthrun appearance happening in the near future, especially this arc.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Doraku. Beelzebub's strength is in many areas, but foreshadowing is meh at best. I think its too soon to say whether Arthrun, Solomon Company, or even Behemoth is behind this. But for it to not be demon related at all is really a longshot at this point.

Technically nothing new was revealed about Natsume in this chapter -- we all know he's waaaay stronger than he lets on, and the extent of his power has yet to be reached. The one thing that's stopping him from doing more is that he doesn't have the motivation and he's content with being part of Kanzaki's gang. Its kind of refreshing in a way, far too often hyper-competent sidekicks have secret motivations. Though it would be neat for someone else to realize Oga has supernatural powers. I mean, Himekawa even told Oga he has the power to knock down buildings (he should know from personal experience) without the slightest curiosity as to how that could be possible.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I hold the precise opposite opinion: I love Tamura-sensei's foreshadowing because it is so abrupt. A small detail is dropped here and 100 chapters later, it becomes something of major importance. Like Saotome, who was introduced as a reminiscence of Toujou's. Or Behemoth, first introduced in a bad recollection of Hilda's.

I'm particularly irked by series that mention a forthcoming character or event too often, trying to build up the hype, and then it comes, often with a whimp. I really prefer it when there is just one quick reference and then that person or event just vanishes from the narrative until it becomes necessary. That way, I feel I can forget about it and really concentrate on what is happening now. It also prevents pointless speculation. Although people do bring up Athrun every now and then, it is with mild expectation at most, and we don't need him to explain everything that is happening. He has been mentioned, and will come back when he is necessary. Until then, it is as if he had never existed.

I believe it is one way of keeping the plot simples because constant foreshadowing would force the mangaka to make short detours to show what the foreshadowed character is up to, so that we won't be too curious about it. Think of it as throwing a bone to the audience. That kind of thing really irritates me. I don't read One Piece, but I'm told there is a character called Dr. Vegapunk who has been mentioned for the first time hundreds of chapters ago and still hasn't shown his ugly face, but keeps being mentioned. I wouldn't be too comfortable with that. I would prefer to be surprised with a big, uncalled for, appearance when they weren't even expected (like Behemoth) several dozen chapters after their existence has been made known to us in passing.

My textbook example of foreshadowing (well, reverse foreshadowing, as it refers to the past) is Misaki's previous role as leader of the Red Tails. It was mentioned in a tiny, hidden note in a single panel in chapter 88 and almost forgotten by everyone until it became central to the Furuichi Arc, since the gang became a factor in the budding friendship of Oga and Furuichi. And now it may have become a factor in Furuichi and Nene's getting... closer, for want of a better word.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

*shrugs* I guess this time we have different perspectives on what constitutes a good foreshadowing. I wouldn't blame inconsistencies solely on Tamura's writing when it comes to foreshadowing in Beelzebub - the nature of Beelzebub as a gag manga itself, as you already said, already restricted our speculations and hopes into a more narrow room compared to a battle manga such as One Piece. Beelzebub world building is quite small, so I wouldn't say constant foreshadowing is as necessary as One Piece which already has bazillion chapters right now.

The hype about Arthrun or Natsume has been on going for hundred chapters right now, but the way Tamura pulled out those twist or whatsoever abruptly is not really my thing - Ever since Hilda's left eye stun got pulled in a seemingly gag arc, I was perplexed - not necessarily in a bad way - on how Tamura pulled the stunt. It's quite vexing at times, but everybody has different taste in regards to how the plot is unfolded so let's just agree to disagree on this matter.

By the way, I'm amazed that some people forgot about some important details about Misaki being a former leader of Red Tails.. that details is too obvious to be missed.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast