Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Chihayafuru 2

  1. #46
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2



    I have to admit I'm really glad Chihaya chooses to watch Taichi's match. I was a bit worried since it's Arata and the Queen, two players she cares about a lot. But for her to choose Taichi means she cares for Taichi more than them.
    And I was sad when Taichi decided to play his game fast so that Chihaya can watch the Class A's match. He really is unselfish, and that's why it's so painful to see him being friendzoned. But I'm glad he can win the match. He has been longing so long to be a Class A, and now he is at the same class as Chihaya and Arata.
    And that last scene when Chihaya is so happy, she cries... D'awww.

    As for the Queen and Arata's match... I like Arata's attitude. Somehow when he smiles at the Queen when she challenges him, I think that his smile is so refreshing (and suddenly reminded of kazehaya) that I'm confused how he can be so relaxed. And in the beginning of their match, when she says they don't need friends, he becomes a badass with his relaxed, "O ga?" And he keeps smiling throughout the game. Whoa. That's got to irritate the Queen. Way to go, Arata. I hope he wins.

  2. #47
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Okay. I admit that Arata is SUPER COOL in episode 23 and 24. *bows on Arata* He looks super awesome while playing, when he smiles, when he wins... And I don't know, I really like his figure. The way his whole body and face is designed, together with his personality and the way he speaks... So prince charming. And what he did to Shinobu-chan at the end of the match is also very sweet. I'm sold.

    HOWEVER! That doesn't mean I'll hand over Chihaya to Arata, though. Chihaya is and will always be and has to be Taichi's. Look at all those sacrifices he made for Chihaya, at the risk of disrupting his own game pace just to get the girl to the match she should've watched... It's touching when she keeps her promise to watch Taichi gets to Class A at the beginning of the season.

    I'm not sure what's left for the last episode. Watching the new boy's final? And it feels like we're going to be left with yet another open ending...

    Chihayafuru Season 3?

  3. #48
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Okay. I admit that Arata is SUPER COOL in episode 23 and 24. *bows on Arata* He looks super awesome while playing, when he smiles, when he wins... And I don't know, I really like his figure. The way his whole body and face is designed, together with his personality and the way he speaks... So prince charming. And what he did to Shinobu-chan at the end of the match is also very sweet. I'm sold.

    However it makes you wonder if his smile is totally part of his nasty strategy herited from his grandpa to piss off Shinobu. Because I don't remember him doing such a smile outside that context.


    Quote Quote:
    HOWEVER! That doesn't mean I'll hand over Chihaya to Arata, though. Chihaya is and will always be and has to be Taichi's. Look at all those sacrifices he made for Chihaya, at the risk of disrupting his own game pace just to get the girl to the match she should've watched... It's touching when she keeps her promise to watch Taichi gets to Class A at the beginning of the season.

    I'm not sure what's left for the last episode. Watching the new boy's final? And it feels like we're going to be left with yet another open ending...

    Chihayafuru Season 3?
    OF COURSE SEASON 3

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #49
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post

    However it makes you wonder if his smile is totally part of his nasty strategy herited from his grandpa to piss off Shinobu. Because I don't remember him doing such a smile outside that context.
    True, I wonder about that too. It did play a role in shaking Shinobu's defense, so I guess it was indeed a skill from his (nasty) grandfather.

    Wataya is such a strange family. Nasty grandfather, parents who pray so hard for their son to lose, and nasty boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    OF COURSE SEASON 3

  6. #50
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Okay. I admit that Arata is SUPER COOL in episode 23 and 24. *bows on Arata* He looks super awesome while playing, when he smiles, when he wins... And I don't know, I really like his figure. The way his whole body and face is designed, together with his personality and the way he speaks... So prince charming. And what he did to Shinobu-chan at the end of the match is also very sweet. I'm sold.
    Yep, yep. He's totally relaxed that he's annoying his opponent, because it seems like he doesn't take things seriously, but when he keeps winning, it is really pissing off. Thank goodness I'm not his opponent.
    A good thing that he's lean and tall too, so his form when he's playing karuta looks so beautiful...
    Now I wonder if Shinobu will develop a crush on Arata.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    HOWEVER! That doesn't mean I'll hand over Chihaya to Arata, though. Chihaya is and will always be and has to be Taichi's. Look at all those sacrifices he made for Chihaya, at the risk of disrupting his own game pace just to get the girl to the match she should've watched... It's touching when she keeps her promise to watch Taichi gets to Class A at the beginning of the season.
    TRUE! TRUE! Chihaya should be with Taichi!!! I'll take Arata!

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm not sure what's left for the last episode. Watching the new boy's final? And it feels like we're going to be left with yet another open ending...

    Chihayafuru Season 3?
    Probably more scenes of jealousy for Chihaya (since Arata shows concern over Shinobu) and Taichi (here we go again...).
    But yeah, probably Tsukue-kun's match.



    ---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post

    However it makes you wonder if his smile is totally part of his nasty strategy herited from his grandpa to piss off Shinobu. Because I don't remember him doing such a smile outside that context.
    Probably it's because he's rarely shown? He seems to be the type to smile often to me. We are often only shown scenes of him in serious situation... and he does smile a few times before.

  7. #51
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Probably it's because he's rarely shown? He seems to be the type to smile often to me. We are often only shown scenes of him in serious situation... and he does smile a few times before.
    There were moments when he had a burst of happiness, but that has nothing to do with this smile. And I fail to see how you're assuming he is the type to smile a lot. Besides, if the anime rarely shows him in such state, usually it means that his usual behaviour isn't like that until proven by the anime itself later.

  8. #52
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Okay. I admit that Arata is SUPER COOL in episode 23 and 24. *bows on Arata* He looks super awesome while playing, when he smiles, when he wins... And I don't know, I really like his figure. The way his whole body and face is designed, together with his personality and the way he speaks... So prince charming. And what he did to Shinobu-chan at the end of the match is also very sweet. I'm sold.

    HOWEVER! That doesn't mean I'll hand over Chihaya to Arata, though. Chihaya is and will always be and has to be Taichi's. Look at all those sacrifices he made for Chihaya, at the risk of disrupting his own game pace just to get the girl to the match she should've watched... It's touching when she keeps her promise to watch Taichi gets to Class A at the beginning of the season.
    Yep, we see so little of Arata but when he gets some screentime he proves to be a great character too. I always thought his way of speech was kinda weird (he has that weird accent everyone from his region has, it's so different to what I'm used to )

    And Ayase x Taichi all the way, they freaking deserve each other!

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm not sure what's left for the last episode. Watching the new boy's final? And it feels like we're going to be left with yet another open ending...

    Chihayafuru Season 3?
    Not sure either, I sure have trouble holding back reading the manga. Now that the anime has finally catched up with the later manga scanlations I will definitely start reading the series when the next episode is over

    And obviously we will have a third season

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    TRUE! TRUE! Chihaya should be with Taichi!!! I'll take Arata!
    That weird moment you mistake yuki for Hamy and you're all "Uh, Gats is around you know?"....

  9. #53
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    There were moments when he had a burst of happiness, but that has nothing to do with this smile. And I fail to see how you're assuming he is the type to smile a lot. Besides, if the anime rarely shows him in such state, usually it means that his usual behaviour isn't like that until proven by the anime itself later.
    Well, I was just speculating. It is entirely possible he uses that smile for strategic purposes, but I don't want to judge too soon.
    He's obviously not to type to have this face , right? I don't know why I think so, I just have that kind of feeling. He's like the friendly type of guy that often broods, but whenever you greet him, he'll smile. We rarely see him in social situations, aren't we?

    ---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    That weird moment you mistake yuki for Hamy and you're all "Uh, Gats is around you know?"....
    How could you make that mistake?

  10. #54
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Well, I was just speculating. It is entirely possible he uses that smile for strategic purposes, but I don't want to judge too soon.
    He's obviously not to type to have this face , right? I don't know why I think so, I just have that kind of feeling. He's like the friendly type of guy that often broods, but whenever you greet him, he'll smile. We rarely see him in social situations, aren't we?
    Well I didn't meant to the point he is the type to frown. As for greeting, I don't know, maybe. I don't remember him having such an attitude each time he met Taichi...or even Chihaya in the present day, he was not grumpy but even when he discovered for the first time Chihaya's playstyle in the grade A tournament and has been impressed by how she evolved, he didn't make that smile (I think...I need to recheck the video). If I remember correctly, even Chihaya was taken aback by his smile with the Queen, which should indicate it's a special event enough don't you think ?

    Maybe there are other references in the manga but I didn't read it yet.

    ---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

    @niichan : well about Hamy and Arata, maybe you should check the previous pages

    ---------- Post added June 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2013 at 06:10 PM ----------

    And now we have to wait.

    The end was just ok. I expected a bit better stagingwise.

  11. #55
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    How could you make that mistake?
    Don't know, you're really alike sometimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    @niichan : well about Hamy and Arata, maybe you should check the previous pages

    ---------- Post added June 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2013 at 06:10 PM ----------

    And now we have to wait.

    The end was just ok. I expected a bit better stagingwise.
    I can imagine XD

    Hmm the ending definitely was a bit abrupt but I guess it couldn't be helped, they probably couldn't find a better point to stop. I prefer that over some filler ending. Besides that it was another good episode to me. I'm so with Kana, Taichi gooooo! I know Arata plays a huge role for Chihaya because he influenced her so much but come on, Taichi supported you like crazy for so long, give him some love!

    And I wonder if we're going to get the real first "training arc". Guess I don't have to wait for the anime, now that the series catched up to the scanlations. Time to read the manga

  12. #56
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Chihayafuru 2

    Awawawawa~~ I'm really at lost for words to describe my feeling about this eps..

    As I expected! We get to see "that look" again in Taichi's face. Poor him...

    Not to mention, Chihaya actually said it! She likes karuta... and ARATA! (hey, it rhymes) I wonder which she likes best... And those poems about him is just... kirei...
    DEMO! I agree with Kana... GO BUCHOU!!! Don't give up!! We'll support you!!
    I feel like I find a kindred spirit in Kana...

    Now I really, really want Season 3... Onegai onegai~~
    Last edited by yukihime03; June 30, 2013 at 02:29 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts