Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chihayafuru 2

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chihayafuru 2

Title: Chihayafuru (Season 2)
    Episodes: 25
    Aired: Jan 12, 2013 -- ??
    Producers: Madhouse Studios, VAP
    Genres: Drama, Game, Sports, Josei

Summary:
    Now in their second year of high school, Chihaya and her friends share all the fun and worries that come with welcoming underclassmen to the team as they face tough rival schools. The passion of the Mizusawa Karuta Club burns hotter than ever, but with the same refreshing, youthful mood carrying over from the first season.

Source: cyber12

P.S.: I actually haven't checked the first episode yet, planning to do so tomorrow. But given the awesomeness of the first season, I hope we'll get to see more in this new season, especially character developments! (I so wish to see the solution to the love triangle, lol~).

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chihayafuru 2

Watched them up till second eps now.
    They still haven't changed much though they are now senpais.
    Chihaya is still as enthusiastic as ever(or maybe more enthusiastic? ). She really have to learn some self-control. Mashima really fits to be that admirable handsome senpai though...
    When Mashima and Chihaya are promoting the club, I feel like instead of karuta club, they fit more in a modelling club. Just look at the two of them!
    It's eps 1 and they fall into some problems already. It's interesting to see how each of them has different goals and Chihaya is the one who realizes this. Oh, and how greedy she is about her goals. I agree with the others that I've never seen someone that greedy. I'm a bit touched that the first thing she says she want is for Mashima to get into class A. D'awwww~
    I'm a bit annoyed with Sumire though... How narcissistic. I feel like throwing up when she thinks of herself as a main character in a shoujo manga. And all she can think of is looking for a boyfriend. Oh yes, she's annoying. It's interesting that she likes that poem by Ono no Komachi though... That's a good poem. Kana-chan is awesome in dealing with her.
    Again, I have to point out: poor, poor Mashima. I actually ship Mashima and Chihaya but with things as they are now, I don't think we'll see much of a development between the two of them. I feel sad when Mashima talks to Sumire about wanting to choose. He sounds so heartbroken, it feels like he talks to himself rather than to Sumire.
    These two eps really remind me of high school days. *sigh* Getting people into club is really hard, especially if the club is not popular. It's to be expected that even though at the first meeting there are many students who join, as the weeks go by, the number will dwindle. It's rather cruel though for the karuta club. I mean, only two students left? (and both of them are hopeless, at least for now. One is scary, one is crazy about love ) I know now why adults often think that high school students are still children. Also, it's reassuring that some things will never change among the first-year students. It's all about the senpai!
    Now that I think about it again, karuta is sure hard, eh? I do think it's a bad decision to let Chihaya teach the first-years since she will scare them away but she's so insistent. *sigh* Though it's funny when they accuse her of being benched and she shouts that she's the ace. It turns out that she's so insistent because she feels guilty about falling sick last year in the tournament. It's a good development though, because now everyone understands her need of teaching the first-years.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The first two episodes reminded me of why exactly I love Chihayafuru. Crazy, lovely, but touching as well!

At times I feel the graphic is a bit strange (like how Chihaya's lips seem so huge in one of the scenes), but at other times they are all gorgeous as well. But graphic put aside, I'm happy to meet the characters again. It also feels like we're jumping to the plot right away with the complications shown on the first two episodes. Things which make sense now that they are in their second year and have karuta to fight for.

Who doesn't love that scene when Chihaya prioritized Taichi? I went and as well for him! Please, please, let them be together... /ignorant fangirl

Hanano is amazingly annoying. On top of it, she's not even beautiful. -__- Well, let's see how she will develop being 'taught' by Chihaya and Kana. The new guy is so strange. I have a hard time liking the first year students, lol. Looking forward for their development!

P.S.: I'm happy to hear that 99RadioService is still the one doing the OP. I like the voice of the vocalist, and starting to like the new OP too. <3

---------- Post added February 04, 2013 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was January 21, 2013 at 08:27 PM ----------

Aw, c'mon, this series needs more love! It's just awesomeeee~

I LOVE episode 4! The best part, of course, without any doubt, is the part where Chihaya offered her towel to Taichi and he accepted it!!! I'm so freakin' happy~

What I like from Chihayafuru is about how in one episode you can enjoy the comedy, the tension, and the lovely parts as well. We still get that in this episode. I enjoy the tension and to see how each of them came to a realization of one or two aspects about karuta or about being a team with the same passion. It's calming and makes you warm inside.

And Arata's phone is pink. LOLWUT.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I LOVE episode 4! The best part, of course, without any doubt, is the part where Chihaya offered her towel to Taichi and he accepted it!!! I'm so freakin' happy~

Me too!!! Me too!!!
    It's really funny to see that at the same time he lifts up his hand, everyone throws their towels towards him which means that everyone knows what is the matter with him... (the sudden stop of the music gives a good effect too..)
    But the best is of course when Taichi looks to his right and see Chihaya offering her towel.. It means that Chihaya is watching him even though she is usually so focused on her own game.. Not to mention her goofy look when offering the towel...

Of course, Taichi must be really happy..

What I like from Chihayafuru is about how in one episode you can enjoy the comedy, the tension, and the lovely parts as well. We still get that in this episode. I enjoy the tension and to see how each of them came to a realization of one or two aspects about karuta or about being a team with the same passion. It's calming and makes you warm inside.
    Indeed. Taichi is growing in his confidence (though it's scary how bad his luck is... *gulp*), and he learns how to trust his own teammates... Hanano is also growing, I think she's inspired by Taichi, until she decided on her own to learn about their opponents... That is some serious development in character.
    Hanano's realization that Taichi likes Chihaya means that it is actually obvious the their friends, which also means how dense Chihaya is.

Taichi's memorization skill is scary, he actually can focus on his own game while being aware of how many cards are read? O_o
    I LOLed though when Tsuboguchi-san said it was creepy in Taichi's hearing.. LOL some more when the other guys are envying his popularity... It's really something that the towels were all thrown by females... Now I really hope there's someone like Taichi around... *dreamy sigh*

And Arata's phone is pink. LOLWUT.
    ...with flowery theme.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Me too!!! Me too!!!
    It's really funny to see that at the same time he lifts up his hand, everyone throws their towels towards him which means that everyone knows what is the matter with him... (the sudden stop of the music gives a good effect too..)
    But the best is of course when Taichi looks to his right and see Chihaya offering her towel.. It means that Chihaya is watching him even though she is usually so focused on her own game.. Not to mention her goofy look when offering the towel...
    It's funny because everyone cried on how bad Taichi's luck is and had prepared themselves to help Taichi the moment he asked... Of course, Chihaya being one of them is the best sweet surprise. XDDD

Indeed. Taichi is growing in his confidence (though it's scary how bad his luck is... *gulp*), and he learns how to trust his own teammates... Hanano is also growing, I think she's inspired by Taichi, until she decided on her own to learn about their opponents... That is some serious development in character.
    Hanano's realization that Taichi likes Chihaya means that it is actually obvious the their friends, which also means how dense Chihaya is.
    At one moment I wonder how it could be so fast, but then I realized Hanano said that it had been two months. So I guess the newbies have gone through quite a lot to get to understand karuta and the team better, thus the changes we see in the tournament just now.

I want to smack Chihaya, seriously. For letting Taichi in such an unclear situation for a year already.

...with flowery theme.
    Even worse.

I wonder what his wish is. Maybe to move to Tokyo?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny because everyone cried on how bad Taichi's luck is and had prepared themselves to help Taichi the moment he asked... Of course, Chihaya being one of them is the best sweet surprise. XDDD

Taichi is not alone after all... Everyone supports him, even Chihaya comes when he needs it the most...

Ah, this is just so sweet.

At one moment I wonder how it could be so fast, but then I realized Hanano said that it had been two months. So I guess the newbies have gone through quite a lot to get to understand karuta and the team better, thus the changes we see in the tournament just now.

I want to smack Chihaya, seriously. For letting Taichi in such an unclear situation for a year already.
    Are you sure it's for a year? I have the impression that it has been going on longer for Taichi...
    At least, Chihaya has been showing more attention to Taichi lately...The towel proves it, no?
    I wonder whether this makes things easier or harder for Taichi... The fact that she's showing attention must have made him happy, but if later Arata shows up and takes Chihaya's attention, it will hurt more because she has given him hope only to crush it...

Even worse.

I wonder what his wish is. Maybe to move to Tokyo?
    That's my guess too. I bet he's thinking about Chihaya (and maybe Taichi?) when he says that.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Taichi is not alone after all... Everyone supports him, even Chihaya comes when he needs it the most...

Ah, this is just so sweet.
    I support him as well! In worst case Chihaya rejects him I'll gladly take him! #eh

Are you sure it's for a year? I have the impression that it has been going on longer for Taichi...
    At least, Chihaya has been showing more attention to Taichi lately...The towel proves it, no?
    I wonder whether this makes things easier or harder for Taichi... The fact that she's showing attention must have made him happy, but if later Arata shows up and takes Chihaya's attention, it will hurt more because she has given him hope only to crush it...
    Hm~ They separated after elementary school. Taichi had liked her ever since before, but as kids I don't think they actually think that much about romance. Once they grew up, they think more and feel more. Taichi got a girlfriend but he wasn't serious and still liked Chihaya even though she seemed to be interested to Arata (although maybe it's only about karuta). So episode 4 makes me happy because it seems Chihaya care about Taichi more than we think~ But maybe it's worse for Taichi and his inferiority complex towards Arata.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I support him as well! In worst case Chihaya rejects him I'll gladly take him! #eh
    Eh.

Hm~ They separated after elementary school. Taichi had liked her ever since before, but as kids I don't think they actually think that much about romance. Once they grew up, they think more and feel more. Taichi got a girlfriend but he wasn't serious and still liked Chihaya even though she seemed to be interested to Arata (although maybe it's only about karuta). So episode 4 makes me happy because it seems Chihaya care about Taichi more than we think~ But maybe it's worse for Taichi and his inferiority complex towards Arata.
    You think so? But childhood romance always go on longer than what people thinks. They might not think much about romance back then, but they've been looking into that one person and no one other ever since...

Anyway... MUKATSUKU!
    Why does it end in such a cliffhanger!!! ARGH~ And when it's getting interesting too!! I want to know what Chihaya actually did!

The part I like in this eps is Taichi snapping. and that boys (I wonder why only boys..) should never start a sentence with "but".. Sounds silly but indeed it's a good advice (not an advice really, more like an order ).
    And Sudo-kun! Wow, I kind of expect him to show up but not as a reader... He's good at it, huh. LOL at Hokuo boys getting pressured. Even a cough sends a jolt onto their backs.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5 is so lovely. From the sweet surprise by Sudo throughout the episode (S is for sadist indeed, but I still love him ) until the very important message to all boys. XDD

I was curious too, and after discussing it with fellow viewer today, we concluded that Chihaya was trying to combine Shinobu's style (which aims at one specific card at the edge accurately) with Suo's style (which treats many cards as one-syllable cards). Not that I actually understand Suo's style. :| But I'm curious as well to see more execution of it!

Saturday can't come fast enough.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

This eps is so tense! But I love it.
    Chihaya has been growing so much, eh... It's like she has Suo's aura already. (Now I'm wondering how Suo will react about this if he knows) She's still bad at team match thoug.. Just look at how she still didn't see around. But at least, she doesn't give up easily.
    My feeling about this eps is the same as Chihaya's feeling about the match. It's so much fun, but I'm really sad about their defeat. I hope they'll train harder to better in the National.

Taichi still has that look whenever Arata's name is mentioned, huh. I wish in the next eps, there will be more development in the relationship department. I feel that it is unfair for Taichi to feel so threatened by someone who doesn't even show up often...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Very, very unfair for Taichi. He is the one who has always been there for Chihaya. But judging at how dense Chihaya is, I don't think we'll get satisfactory conclusion from the romance department when this series is over. -___-

About Suo.. I'm reading the manga at the moment, and without trying to spoil anyone, I think Suo's character is more explored in the manga than the anime. I see that now, and it's a bit too bad, but I can see why. Yeah, Chihaya looks so much like Suo in various ways, haha~ XD The story is awesome, winning or losing never matters here. With each match everyone grows one step higher, and that's already enough. I'm jumping with joy when Taichi won, and sad when Chihaya lost. But it's a great stepping stone for everyone. Thankfully both team proceeds! Now they have to fight super harder! Can't wait for the next matches!

P.S.: I'm gonna miss my S(adistic)-udo.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Very, very unfair for Taichi. He is the one who has always been there for Chihaya. But judging at how dense Chihaya is, I don't think we'll get satisfactory conclusion from the romance department when this series is over. -___-
    I'll seriously throw a fit if that happens.

P.S.: I'm gonna miss my S(adistic)-udo.
    You actually like the guy? I kinda admire his sadism (though he still lose to some other sadists) but I don't like his face.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll seriously throw a fit if that happens.
    All fans, be it Arata-x-Chihaya-club or Taichi-x-Chihaya club, will. No worries.

You actually like the guy? I kinda admire his sadism (though he still lose to some other sadists) but I don't like his face.
    He's funny in his sadism, lol~ If we're talking his face I dislike that new guy who likes to lick his face or mouth or whatever that is with three twin brothers more than Sudo. -__-

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched episode 6 of Chihayafuru season 2 all I can say is that show really knows how to surpass itself. It produces such quality episodes especially with the Karuta matches that makes it appear so effortless that I am just in awe each time it ends, I especially have to give kudos to the author of the series because she really knows how to make the sport interesting without having to resort to any dumbing down or gimmick to attract audiences to the allure of the sport. Really this show just blows my mind away if you're not watching it you are missing out big time.

One thing I am very curious and wish I could ask the author of the series is does she actually decide to pick the poems read for each match or does she just leave it to random luck because I feel many are quite apt to the situation going on in the match if so I have to say she has a really good sense for evoking the feelings of the poems.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

God, the new eps is .
    Especially when Kana just breaks the fourth wall by saying how Chihaya still doesn't understand the meaning of the title even though they're in the second season.

And, it's nice to see how Chihaya's family think about her and karuta. How her mother believes in karuta and her sister trying to do better after seeing her playing karuta (despite she keeps complaining about it... ) The talk between Chihaya's and Kana's mothers is really touching.

Oh, and the concert club playing the school anthem to cheer the karuta club. They must be really thankful about Chihaya's greediness concern for them to play until the fourth verse.

But... that last part must have meant something. When Hanano asks about who she thinks often, she wonders about Arata. Then...
    I feel sad for Taichi. He's having dark expression again...

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast