Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chihayafuru 2

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chihayafuru 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    Glad to see you're warming up to GatsArata but you know the queen has always been creepy when it comes to something she's terribly obsessed with (in this case Karuta otherwise it would be those awful mascots) and GatsArata happens to be one of her biggest obsessions for obvious reasons.

Remember GatsArata stood undefeated for his age bracket, as Nishida had pointed out before as being his reason for making him wane on Karuta (GatsArata was so good that he basically smashed everyone with his almost insurmountable talent), until he decided to stop due to the incident with his grandfather which traumatized him so you can guess why Shinobu is absolutely obsessed with him.
    Another provoking attempt.

I just hope that Shinobu won't do something bad.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Another provoking attempt.

I just hope that Shinobu won't do something bad.
    Remember only Taichi does despicable things

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What is this? #teamTaichi

EPisode 8 is so funny but fresh as always. The ending was the best though, Shinobu-chan had always wanted to meet Arata and now she got the chance. Can't wait to see them in battle! <3

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What is this? #teamTaichi
    We all know who likes to play dirty

Edit: OMG latest episode XD Oh I love the humor of this show seriously.

---------- Post added March 19, 2013 at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was March 07, 2013 at 11:05 PM ----------

Other than the match being quite good yeah the humor just keeps on rolling, wait till you guys see more jokes about the Master of Karuta (AKA the biggest headache in history). So wondering what do you guys think of ArataGats and Shinobu now
    Last edited by Hamy; March 09, 2013 at 10:08 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm enjoying the episodes! Lately it may not be as awesome as previous episodes but I still love how simple and sweet it is. How sweet of Shinobu to do that even though it was for her own reason. But they look good together, just let Taichi be with Chihaya, ahehehe. <3

On other side glad to see the Ice Empress supporting the team so much in her own way. Everyone had grown so much.

---------- Post added April 16, 2013 at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was March 26, 2013 at 09:24 AM ----------

Oh. My. God. I so love that ending scene of episode 14. Taichi, just how could you be so--

Anyway, I feel the semifinal was a bit slow, but it was wrapped up pretty nicely. I'm definitely looking forward to the final. Fujisaki is surely a special group for them to beat Hokuo so easily (poor Sudou, but the team members are even poorer for they'll face beating from Sudou lol). And their teacher is the most suspicious one. Judging from how Mizusawa had trouble with Akashi Girls team, they will probably have it even harder with Fujisaki, but there's always a miracle so yeah.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

He only did that when they were children and even then he repented.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

We all know who likes to play dirty
    Oh, do you?

So wondering what do you guys think of ArataGats and Shinobu now
    Seeing as you are in team ArataGats, aren't you jealous?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

I LOVE the past three eps. They were so exciting! I'm glad that they won the match as a team, though a bit sad that Chihaya lost (well, I kinda know that she would lost anyway so...). Chihaya still has a lot to learn.

Now I'm more excited for the final match! If the semifinal was already so suspenseful, I can't wait to know how this one will go!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I really loved the ending of the match, reminded me why I love the series so much. Usually you have the main lead or one of the more experienced/famous/talented characters who wins or looses a curcial match/fight so I was surprised when all of a sudden everything was up to Komano. Really nice move, Chihayafuru never forgets to give each character some spotlight/time to shine. I actually was pretty nervous like all the guys in the anime "Is he gonna do it? Oh please...." but when he started that speech and you saw that one card mirrored in his glasses I knew he would win and just enjoyed him getting that card. I think I left out a little cry of joy just like his other teammates anyway, that was really exciting! Looking forward to the next episode

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

GYAAA~~~

I've been waiting for two weeks to know the conclusion of the match and...

I'm SO HAPPY! I was filled with dread and anticipation the whole time and..

I'm touched by Taichi's "valiant display"... He really gives it his all though he knows he has such bad luck, but thank goodness, God is on his side this time.

And Chihaya! Despite her hurting hand, she wins the match... and she manages to wake up in time to see Nikuman-kun's and Taichi's victory!

And the last part!!! Finally they meet Arata! Now I'm wondering what will happen next! (I want to see Taichi's jealous face again. )

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ARATA Please, Chihaya, please.... Look at that person behind you, who fights with you, who helped you to create the club in the first place...

A lovely episode. Just watching the opening of the episode, I was reminded of the intense battle and I got a bit nervous. It increased throughout the episode, and then that happened. That sweet victory. How could I not cry in happiness~

I wonder what Arata will do after this. And Shinobu-chan too. Although Shinobu is more stubborn than Arata, haha~

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Would have been so so sad if Chihaya can't play the individual tournament because of her injury and lost the final.... but what a great win, Taichi was so impressive

I'm with you vio, Chihaya should rather focus on Taichi than Arata. I do like him but the one who supported her all this time wasn't him but Taichi, so she should thank him properly. We all know it's not that simple though, Arata will always be very special to Chihaya so I fear she's going to focus on him for now =/

And I really hope Chihaya can play the individual tournament, though that may be used as a plot device to prevent her from playing against the Queen again. My guess is that the author plans to give her another year until she's facing her again because as much as I would love it, it's too early for Chihaya to win against the Queen. There's a good chance we will finally reach the point of the manga scanlation though, if I'm not mistaken that's when

Spoiler show

Would be great because that means I could finally start reading the manga

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i started watching this the other day (well season 1)

and it was the first time i have watched a jousei title

it was actually pretty interesting i dont believe that all jousei or shojou can onoy entertain gurls

just like all shounen and seinen onoy entertain boys

a person shouldnt let such labels.or demographics define what is entertaining to them

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished my run from the 1st season to the 22nd of Chihayafuru 2. Those intense moments during tournaments. All characters are so great.

Minus, maybe, Nishida (Porky) who needs a bit more development I think.

I hoped a closer and longer match between Chihaya and Shinobu despite the injury but hell no, she is the Queen, how am I supposed to expect otherwise, certainly my shounen distortion.

Mashima is truly terrible in luck, aside his games, I understand how painful it is for him to see Chihaya turning her head towards Arata despite the fact Mashima was the one who helped her all the way. However I'm not sure about Chihaya's true feelings for Arata, I don't really think it's really "love" in the romantic way. Meh, she is too focused on Karuta anyway for that anyway.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Mashima is truly terrible in luck, aside his games, I understand how painful it is for him to see Chihaya turning her head towards Arata despite the fact Mashima was the one who helped her all the way. However I'm not sure about Chihaya's true feelings for Arata, I don't really think it's really "love" in the romantic way. Meh, she is too focused on Karuta anyway for that anyway.
    Taichi's problem in Karuta isn't so much that he is just unlucky but rather he doesn't trust in the cards as much as he could. He has no faith in his card being read, and he can predict that. What is interesting though is that he never grasps that there are cards that are just never meant to be read and rather than keeping them on his field he should focus on sending such cards, he has such a good grasp of what won't be read. That is his fatal flaw as a player in that despite all his work I don't feel he truly has bonded with Karuta as much as he could. All the good players all have some sort of bond with Karuta except Taichi.
    Last edited by Hamy; June 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's Taichi's trait that he's usually less passionate and relies on facts. To me it looks like he's at his best when he has his emotions in check, it's a refreshing behaviour that makes him different from the famous karuta-lovers. Just like Fujisaki's coach said, he beats talent with hard work, and I sure hope he can face Chihaya and Arata on a (kinda) equal level. He definitely deserves it.

Great episode btw, it's so awesome that Taichi finally made Class A The last scene was so touching, it's incredible how much Taichi is focusing on helping Chihaya and by that even forgets about his own success. It was great seeing Chihaya so happy, reminding him of what he just achieved. I'm probably a Taichi-fanboy but he did so much for Chihaya, I can't help but root for him.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Taichi's problem in Karuta isn't so much that he is just unlucky but rather he doesn't trust in the cards as much as he could. He has no faith in his card being read, and he can predict that. What is interesting though is that he never grasps that there are cards that are just never meant to be read and rather than keeping them on his field he should focus on sending such cards, he has such a good grasp of what won't be read. That is his fatal flaw as a player in that despite all his work I don't feel he truly has bonded with Karuta as much as he could. All the good players all have some sort of bond with Karuta except Taichi.
    Well it was a very hot reaction from me just after watching this episode.
    As I said, somewhere :
    Quote Originally Posted by Gats
    About Mashima : he seems to have terrible luck but I wonder if it's really that. It's more like he is limited by his own frustration in front of failure or what he feels like an imminent failure. His technique based on memorisation is a very stressful one actually, it's easier to get panicked once you realize you mixed your memorisations.
    Besides, to support a bit your point, Mashima's goal is to change himself rather than Karuta itself. He is using Karuta as a vessel for that (but not only for that of course).

Anyway I just watched 23rd episode. Agreed with niichan.
    I can't wait for the Arata vs Shinobu match. Even though they already played together I didn't thought that Arata knew that much Shinobu despite the fact they didn't have a match for a very long time. (unless I missed something ?)

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast