Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How did Ichigo get his zanpakuto?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How did Ichigo get his zanpakuto?

Ok, as I understand it from the latest chapter the Zans are handed out by the Zan man in the Royal Guard.
    Spoiler show

Now if this is true then Rukia once got her as well and when she stabbed Ichigo he got all of her power. This meant her Zan too right? But wouldn't this Zan be Rukias? Ichigo never went to soul society to get one of his own right? And if that is so, why does Rukia have one? Or did she get a new one and if so, how were they as in tune as her and her last one and why did Ichigos not contain the Reiatsu of Rukia?

My mind is full of ****
    Some one help me out here.
    Meh

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did Ichigo get his zanpakuto?

Ichigo already had Shinigami powers as stated by Urahara. He always had, probably by being son of Isshin. When he emerged as a shinigami for the first time, he already had his shihakusho. So he probably is a exception to this rule.

Now let's take an example: if some normal human dies and then goes to Soul Society, he won't have neither a zampakuto or a shihakusho. When he enters the Shinigami academy, he'll receive his clothes and a Asauchi.

Or Kubo just didn't think about this when he created the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo is simply special (or more exactly, the Kurosaki family is special).
    I suppose when he was stabbed by Rukia in ch. 1, all the power Rukia had (including the zan) moved to him, so he basically had a sealed Sode no Shirayuki. Ofc Rukia's power and zan regenerated later, since it was not a broken bankai (lucky Rukia, she doesn't have to worry about her bankai losing strength after being broken ). Then, when regaining shinigami power under Urahara, it was his own reiatsu only. Since he's so special, he can make the shinigami stuff (zan, shihakusho) himself.
    Later in FB arc, he got shinigami power by the lightsaber Rukia stabbed him with. I suppose the lightsaber was only made to deliver some reiatsu needed to reawaken his own shinigami power (various captains giving their reiatsu being only symbolic).
    When Ichi was stabbed by Byakuya and lost the shinigami power, Rukia's went with it, and he has his own so there's not really any reason for him to keep Rukia's power.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Ok, as I understand it from the latest chapter the Zans are handed out by the Zan man in the Royal Guard.
    Spoiler show

Now if this is true then Rukia once got her as well and when she stabbed Ichigo he got all of her power. This meant her Zan too right? But wouldn't this Zan be Rukias? Ichigo never went to soul society to get one of his own right? And if that is so, why does Rukia have one? Or did she get a new one and if so, how were they as in tune as her and her last one and why did Ichigos not contain the Reiatsu of Rukia?

My mind is full of ****
    Some one help me out here.
    Maybe Ichigo's reiatsu took over Rukia's sword and therefore it became his? Sort of like, Zangetsu took possession of the blade and maybe kicked her zan out.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Urahara Kisuke made it for Ichigo (before he met Rukia obviously)?
    Urahara has already been shown to try and copy the Royal guards special techniques:
    Giraffe's magic healing pool
    Cook's de novo souls
    Why not also pimp's de novo zanpakuto's?
    Maybe even the Hougyoku was a copy of something the royal guards (or even the soul king?!?) did - a technique to boost a soul past what it should normally be able to do...
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoGF View Post
    Ichigo already had Shinigami powers as stated by Urahara. He always had, probably by being son of Isshin. When he emerged as a shinigami for the first time, he already had his shihakusho. So he probably is a exception to this rule.

Now let's take an example: if some normal human dies and then goes to Soul Society, he won't have neither a zampakuto or a shihakusho. When he enters the Shinigami academy, he'll receive his clothes and a Asauchi.

Or Kubo just didn't think about this when he created the manga.
    It's the lack of Asauchi tha boggles my mind. Even if ichigo is a special case how come he could make something that requires a Royal Guard to make. The blades or asauchi or w/e are crafted and handed out.
    And if Rukias Zan got kicked out of the blade then Rukia would have to start over with a new one that won't be vacant leaving her with 2 (?) Zanpakutos in one blade?

And if Urahara made one, how did it come into Ichigos possession before they even met?
    Meh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the answer is simple-

Rukia was given an asauchi- and she knew enough to get to shikai.
    then she gives her powers to ichigo, and his soul begins to be imprinted using her zanpaktou-
    It was stated that rukias powers awakened ichigos.

Then after he lost her powers and had to find his own, his soul was already imprinted by rukias zanpaktou allowing his own shinigami soul to develop to the point that he was able to pull his zanpaktou from the box at the bottom of the shattered shaft training. his time running around as a shinigami gaining experiences imprinted his soul through rukias powers which have a bit of the asauchi in them.

when he finally got his own blade and solidified it into zangetsu, it was a full time release state zanpaktou, this may or may not have had something to do with the way in which he obtained his powers or not.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing. If zampakuto are given to people then ocam's razor suggests ichigo's zampakuto was also given to him. We have seen shinigami keeping their swords within their gigai at times so giving ichigo a zampakuto and putting it within his physical body should not be a problem. At the moment we should just assume ishin or urahara simply had access to an asauchi at some point and this in turn was given to ichigo at least long enough before for him to be able to imprint the sword with his essence.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had a weird thought. What if the reason that Ichigo's bankai couldn't be stolen was because, unlike the shinigamis, he wasn't given an asauchi? Perhaps that is what is being stolen by the medallions.

And if Ichigo wasn't given an asauchi, then could it be that something else took its place and made his zanpakuto form? Could it be related to his fullbring ability somehow? Could Urahara have created something based on Nimaiya's asauchis that he used instead?

Hmmm, all kinds of interesting questions!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I just had a weird thought. What if the reason that Ichigo's bankai couldn't be stolen was because, unlike the shinigamis, he wasn't given an asauchi? Perhaps that is what is being stolen by the medallions.

And if Ichigo wasn't given an asauchi, then could it be that something else took its place and made his zanpakuto form? Could it be related to his fullbring ability somehow? Could Urahara have created something based on Nimaiya's asauchis that he used instead?

Hmmm, all kinds of interesting questions!
    Ichigo is a shinigami, quincy, asauchi hybrid . Seriously though good thought, that could explain the medallion not working. Now kubo just needs to make sense of how he got his zanpakuto
    Meh

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo isn't the only one you need too be thinking of though. If i remember correctly, Kenpachi got his Zan before even joining the gotai 13. So how did he even get one without being handed an asauchi. This leads me to believe that the school doesn't actually give you the sword. I mean how do they even get the swords? None of the royal guards are known to visit soul society often. Infact i think this one time was once in almost 100's of years. So i think that once a shinigami reaches a certain level of power/ability the asauchi simply appears and then that's when they fight with it and train with it untill the asauchi has gathered enough information from there soul to change and then go shikai.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, zampakuto should have existed well before the academy was founded 2000 years ago so there definitely have to be some other methods to get zampakuto. Perhaps they are given to every soul who enters SS? Or perhaps they are actually just given away to people with high reiatsu? The amount of spiritually aware souls in SS is not that insanely large to begin with (people born in SS plus the few human souls who awake spiritually at some point).

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    Ichigo isn't the only one you need too be thinking of though. If i remember correctly, Kenpachi got his Zan before even joining the gotai 13. So how did he even get one without being handed an asauchi.
    Well maybe Kenpachi obtained it by killing an already existing shinigami and stealing his Asauchi. This would also help foster distrust between his zanpakuto and him - as neither were 'meant' to be together in the first place?

As for Urahara giving Ichigo - well, Urahara has known Ichigo (and his dad) the whole of his life. There must have been plenty of opportunities to give Ichigo a custom made Zanpakuto - especially considering that Urahara knew what Ichigo was - and (going out on a limb) expected that people like Aizen would have an interest in Ishin's family/Ichigo.
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone in the chapter 523 discussion thread made a post about how this could explain why Ichigo and Zaraki are both in constant Shikai - because they never had sealed swords to begin with. Ichigo's Zan sprang out of nowhere, and Zaraki had his long before he ever joined the Gotei 13.

Another thought I had is that maybe Ichigo's Zanpakuto is actually more similar to an Arrancar's. Whilst Shinigami imprint an Asauchi with their essence, Arrancar's Zans are constructed purely out of their power. Maybe Ichigo's Zan formed in the same way, but being part Shinigami, he had an inner spirit unlike Arrancar.

That still doesn't explain Zaraki, but I suppose living in Rukongai he might just have picked up an Asauchi somewhere.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Ichigo created his own zanpakuto subconsciously. He is a hybrid after all, Fullbringers and Quincies do have their special reiatsu/reishi abilities.

Or, Ichigo's zan is simply not powered by an Asauchi.

On the surface it looks like Ichigo has a typical zan, but its inner mechanics and such are probably different.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast