Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Kotoura-san

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kotoura-san

Kotoura-san

Title: Kotoura-san
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jan 11, 2013 to ?
    Producers: AIC
    Genres: Comedy, Romance
    Based on a manga: Kotoura-san

Summary:

A school love comedy. Kotoura Haruka is a 15-year-old girl who can read people's minds. She has been suffering from troubles caused by her mind-reading ability, and her parents got divorced as a result. She moves to a new high school but tries to keep away from her classmates. Manabe Yoshihisa, one of her classmates, accepts and appreciates her ability and she begins to interact with her friends with his help.

Comment:

I've only watched the first episode but it really impressed me. Probably the best I have seen this season together with Tamako Market.
    A pretty sad, believeable backstory and two very likeable main characters are the two things that made me pretty fond of the series. If it's able to maintain this quality I'm pretty sure this will be one of my favourites of the winter season.
    Now I'm off to watch the just released second episode~

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kotoura-san

The second episode was as excellent as the first one. Good thing I checked this out, I will definitely enjoy this series

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Kotoura-san

This thread is so lonely.

I checked the first episode today. Looking quite good for a pilot episode. A sad opening, though. Judging by the expression Kotoura had in the beginning and through some past scenes, I thought she'd be ice cold whenever anyone approached her. But she opened up when she talked to Manabe. I guess her nature is fun and cheerful so she actually can't stand being alone. Manabe is so funny, lol.

Gonna check more episodes, looks like this will be quite an enjoyable series.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have been catching up with the latest episode, and I have to conclude that I have mixed feelings about this Anime. On one hand, I really like the first episode, it started really strong and left me with a good impression. Half of the pilot episode was pretty dark and intriguing so I keep watching. The second and third episode are nice, but the setting, conflict, and dialogue is getting repetitive. One thing that I'm hoping for latter episode is more characters development rather than watching same conflict repeatedly and lacking interesting surprise.

Hopefully this is going to get better after the fourth episode.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    So I have been catching up with the latest episode, and I have to conclude that I have mixed feelings about this Anime. On one hand, I really like the first episode, it started really strong and left me with a good impression. Half of the pilot episode was pretty dark and intriguing so I keep watching. The second and third episode are nice, but the setting, conflict, and dialogue is getting repetitive. One thing that I'm hoping for latter episode is more characters development rather than watching same conflict repeatedly and lacking interesting surprise.

Hopefully this is going to get better after the fourth episode.
    I'm more or less of the same opinion. I think Kotoura is a good, entertaining anime, with some strong qualities, but not anything great. Above average, worth finishing, but not special.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the light-hearted take on the dramatic moments. The teasing through the thoughts is quiet humorous too. XD I needed something to replace Kill Me Baby and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, and that's it for me. It's nice to have so many good one/two cour comedies the last couple of years.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Up to episode 5, now I see how some may find it boring or flat. To be honest I've been feeling like that too, especially in episode 5 nothing much happened about Kotoura expanding her social circle. Maybe it just wanted to stress out how she lived after returning to school. So I'm looking forward for more character development with complications harder than before. Of course, in relation to the mind-reading power, which I don't really see it being used a lot lately, I guess.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Up to episode 5, now I see how some may find it boring or flat. To be honest I've been feeling like that too, especially in episode 5 nothing much happened about Kotoura expanding her social circle. Maybe it just wanted to stress out how she lived after returning to school. So I'm looking forward for more character development with complications harder than before. Of course, in relation to the mind-reading power, which I don't really see it being used a lot lately, I guess.
    Episode 5 probably was the worst so far, I agree. In case of character development I do feel like were getting something, especially in episode 7. I won't say anything though to avoid spoiling. And the confrontation I've been looking forward to the most might be close, at least that's how it looks.

Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not quite sure about this latest complication. I see it hard to relate to previous episodes. I mean, from psychic abilities to catching a criminal? I'd rather have the team deal with their lives as students, or finishing the problem with Kotoura's mother or something like that. The jump to the latest twist feels a bit too strange for my taste, unfortunately. But I've come this far, so yeah I'll just go with it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kotoura-san

this anime is great, i just started and im on episode 6

very good story and characters, kotoura has been trough so much pain, its so nice to see her with friends

the plot is a bit too predictable, but its still been entertaining so far

New Reply