Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HSDK Chapter 506 Discussion/Chapter 507 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 506 Discussion/Chapter 507 Predictions

kkck
    Well, no matter how you look at it, you can't just put back your dislocated joints so casually. It's not Bleach or One Piece and even there it isn't quite casual. And here in HSDK you actually need a doctor for such thing to happen just as in normal life. Or at least another person who can help you to put it into right place. So, I can't see him just casually putting his dislocated joints back in place. It would be inhuman.
    And I don't agree that they are on the same level. I would actually say that the difference between them would be even more than between Kenichi and Kano Shou in DoD Tournament. So I do believe that winning here would be an asspull. Especially in such a condition after Takeda has several dislocated joints and is also worn out. And we do know that Takeda's stamina isn't on Kenichi's level, when he can easily fight for quite a long time, while Takeda has a big difficulty fighting Kenichi more than several rounds, when Kenichi isn't even trying for the most time.

Buggy
    Well, it would be logical if someone saves Takeda at the very end. We know that Tanaka is around the place. And he wants to know the info on Kensei's location. So I believe he will try to interrogate someone from Yomi here. And it might be a good option.

P.S. Well, even though Lugh didn't inflict significant damage for now, but we should remember that his fighting style is about making a person unable to fight or kill him trough dislocating or breaking joints. For now he already managed to dislocate several joints and also make Takeda worn out, while Takeda didn't manage to land any clean hit. At the same time Takeda was actually trying to take down Lugh, while Lugh clearly seemed playing with Takeda, so I do believe that for now their level is different and if Takeda wins with just some move that he invents on a whim... well, it would be a very big question.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to agree that Takeda winning at this point would definitely be some BS. At most I expect another draw, so that maybe he can go learn some new moves from Shiba and then fight Lugh again for one last conclusive match.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

My impression was that, by being in a mirror house where he gets flooded with images, Takeda will now be forced to rely less on his sight and use more of his intuition and instinct. Lugh has the advantage of having to do this all the time, but maybe it will give Takeda a temporary advantage. That and his love for Miu.
    It's already been established in their earlier encounter that Lugh is something of a gentleman fighter and he might even be the one to graciously offer a draw. Takeda winning this would be a joke.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    kkck
    Well, no matter how you look at it, you can't just put back your dislocated joints so casually. It's not Bleach or One Piece and even there it isn't quite casual. And here in HSDK you actually need a doctor for such thing to happen just as in normal life. Or at least another person who can help you to put it into right place. So, I can't see him just casually putting his dislocated joints back in place. It would be inhuman.
    And I don't agree that they are on the same level. I would actually say that the difference between them would be even more than between Kenichi and Kano Shou in DoD Tournament. So I do believe that winning here would be an asspull. Especially in such a condition after Takeda has several dislocated joints and is also worn out. And we do know that Takeda's stamina isn't on Kenichi's level, when he can easily fight for quite a long time, while Takeda has a big difficulty fighting Kenichi more than several rounds, when Kenichi isn't even trying for the most time.

Buggy
    Well, it would be logical if someone saves Takeda at the very end. We know that Tanaka is around the place. And he wants to know the info on Kensei's location. So I believe he will try to interrogate someone from Yomi here. And it might be a good option.

P.S. Well, even though Lugh didn't inflict significant damage for now, but we should remember that his fighting style is about making a person unable to fight or kill him trough dislocating or breaking joints. For now he already managed to dislocate several joints and also make Takeda worn out, while Takeda didn't manage to land any clean hit. At the same time Takeda was actually trying to take down Lugh, while Lugh clearly seemed playing with Takeda, so I do believe that for now their level is different and if Takeda wins with just some move that he invents on a whim... well, it would be a very big question.
    Well, people being able to casually get joints back on during a fight is incontrovertible manga fact, not something subject to debate. We have even seen takeda himself doing it.
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...kenichi/470/14
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...kenichi/470/16
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...kenichi/494/15
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...kenichi/494/16

How can the difference be that large? Kenichi did in the end win against kano however there are plenty of circumstances which made that possible. For one thing, kenichi was lucky he was wearing the vest otherwise he would have died 2 seconds into the fight. After he lucked his way out of that one the fight went on for a few chapters of kenichi very narrowly avoiding death while sho still didn't seem to be trying too hard. Sho could actually handle a berserker miu back then, at the time kenichi had to resort to boob groping or dying where he stood. Sho showed significantly better technique, speed and strength back then than kenichi (and realistically speaking the only aspect where kenichi was outright superior to sho was endurance).

The situation with takeda and lugh is different. Lugh has not shown particular superiority in any one regard to far. Speedwise takeda can keep up, strength is something which logic would suggest takeda is superior at. The issue against lugh is that every single aspect of how takeda fights is inconvenient against lugh, takeda's style as a whole has not versatility. Even then, takeda has such an overwhelming disadvantage against lugh and under those circumstances he has been at large been able to avoid being caught in a lock. Kenichi had no disadvantage of the sort against sho. Sho in fact had superior technique than kenichi however it was not a situation of kenichi's multiple styles having a disadvantage over sho's multiple styles.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    Well, you posted several links, but most of them were the ones about Masters and that's a big difference. They are inhuman. If some of them can actually break tanks with their hands and legs. At the same time the likes of Takeda and Kenichi are simple teenagers. Of course they have better physics, stamina and speed than a normal teenager and they might even surpass some grown-ups in several physical aspects, but they are still bound to be hurt, when they kick something really hard and have their joints dislocated. Takeda only managed to do what he did, because his joint was dislocated not due to Lugh's moves, but due to his head's hardness. Also there is a differense in putting back a finger and something like an arm or leg. And during the fight Lugh managed to dislocate one or more joints in Takeda's legs, and no way Takeda can himself put his leg joints in place. Especially, when he is still standing on them all the time.

Well, no matter how you look at it, but there is quite a differense between Takeda and Lugh. Takeda is worn-out, has several joints dislocated and is also a bit wounded due to hitting mirrors, while Lugh didn't even seem to start trying. He actually looked like toying. So what is the difference between Kenichi and Shou's fight, especially since you yourself stated that Shou was superior in every aspect only excluding endurance.

And well, Lugh's speed does seem superior to Takeda's otherwise he couldn't have dislocated several joints so casually, while not even being serious... So I absolutely can't agree that there is no differense between the two. Don't even know, where you see Takeda keeping more or less with Lugh. Of course Lugh can't just casually come to Takeda and perform several locks, since it's a fight and Takeda is somewhat trying, but still Takeda can't prevent any of Lugh's attacks, when he manages to dislocate joints, so how come it's not in Lugh's favour for now, while Takeda can't even lay a single punch?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats the difference between one dislocation and another? I could buy there being a difference between a finger and a leg being dislocated however how does the source of a dislocation make a difference here?

Takeda does not have any dislocated joints currently. from what I gathered lugh simply attacked a few of them but did not in the end dislocate anything. Otherwise takeda would already be superior to akira in that he can fight using dislocated joints rather than having to go through the trouble of putting them back on.

Lugh didn't start landing attacks until very recently though. Before the current chapter we actually saw takeda performing some very strange stuff to get out of the locks on his own. Its not a matter of a difference in speed, strength, stamina or maybe even technique level which is making the difference, it is a matter of compatibility. Not a single aspect of how takeda fights is practical against someone like lugh overall. Lugh is at large someone against whom what takeda knows about fighting does not work (which makes whatever takeda might have learned right now contextually significant). I didn't say things weren't in lugh's favor though, quite the opposite since what takeda has learned of boxing until now is not helpful at all. If takeda was that significantly physically weaker than lugh on top of being up to now ignorant of anything which would actually be useful against locks then he would have died faster than what kenichi would have without the vest against sho (which is pretty damn fast).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is refreshing to have a closer look at the strength and skill of the Shinpaku alliance members.

Next to Kenichi, Takeda probably is the strongest, closely followed by Siegfried. Kenichi is of course trained by many masters and Takeda is trained by master class fighter James Shiba.

Looking at Takeda's punch, it looks a bit like Kenichi's Mubyoshi. Perhaps it's Takeda's own 'similar' technique. In effect, he is able to more effectively use Ryuusei Seikuken and use an advanced version of "Auto Rhythm" or advanced version of another technique, perhaps "Hair's Breadth Cross Counter".
    (Techniques are taken from http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Ikki_Takeda).

The way the story is developing so far, Kenichi is -in a way- building his own "Ryouzanpaku" dojo, but with a lot more styles.

Predictions for the next chapter(s):
    • Takeda comes up with a plan and defeats Lugh
    • Miu unleashed her Dou Ki, but her killing intent almost takes over. In the end she is able to defeat Rimi without killing her.
    • Kenichi has a hard time against Berserker, but eventually succeeds in defeating him.
    • Siegfried and Hermit's fight ends in a stalemate
    • Kushinada defeats Kisara, but she either cannot kill her, or Ukita intervenes and Kushinada cannot kill him.
    • Freya is unable to escape and is abducted. The next 'arc' is about getting Freya back
    • The 'retired businessman' is secretly Kenichi's real father

Hmmm, were that the fights or did I forget anyone?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi should lose against Berserker. It has been too long since he has had a setback, and Berserker needs character development before Kenichi can win against him. Talk no Jutsu needs something to work against and Berserker is just a blank slate personality wise

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by world is wide View Post
    Kenichi should lose against Berserker. It has been too long since he has had a setback, and Berserker needs character development before Kenichi can win against him. Talk no Jutsu needs something to work against and Berserker is just a blank slate personality wise
    Except that he can't really *lose*, since in that case Berserker would no doubt kill him. Or he doesn't and suddenly he's a much more interesting character.
    Also, Kenichi is continually trained by all those 'genius' masters, while Berserker is relying on talent, intuition and improvisation alone; even though that's obviously a powerful combo. IMO Kenichi should have the arsenal to be able to defeat Berserker.

In any case, I don't find these chapters boring at all, it's nice to see the other fighters finally getting some limelight!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

TAKEDA will die most likely unless the masters come in time lugh is goint to be inspired to kill takeda
    the most likely outcome is takeda is heavily hurt. on the matter of Kenichi i think he will apply what he has learnt from the Chinese masters.

Isshinsai Ogata will leave the fight bettween takeda & lugh to tell berserk to kill kenichi before the masters come.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2