Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Ace replaced Who? (WILD POLL OPTIONS)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimbei

1 5.00%
  • Kaidou

1 5.00%
  • Shanks

0 0%
  • Doflamingo

0 0%
  • Zeff

0 0%
  • Crocodile

4 20.00%
  • Moria

2 10.00%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • Boa Hancock

0 0%
  • Other

12 60.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ace replaced Who?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace replaced Who?

Last edited by FaustXIII; January 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ace replaced Who?

I think its rather unecessary to know. Because if it was, it would've been told at the time.

Most of your options are very unlikely but Crocodile, because we know thet Crocodile and WB had something in common. Out of your Choices (except Other) i would think Crocodile fits the most.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

For a long time...

Most likely, Jimbei, Zeff, Shanks or Kaidou.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeff, Jimbey, and Shanks would absolutely not fit because of the Timeline. I think Kaidou is also impossible because he is one of the Emperors and i dont think he grew out of another Emporers crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for a not introduced character. I can't think of anyone that'd fit.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it was Chameleone. Shanks was never a Whitebeard Pirate nor was Hancock nor Jinbe nor Zeff...

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    I think its rather unecessary to know. Because if it was, it would've been told at the time.
    I think that is a pretty weak argument. Take for example the following page: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2068-...hapter-19.html Would you answer that it's unecessary to know who the guy is that hits Buggy and Shanks if someone were to ask? Well you might have in the past but knowing just who this person is I guess you wouldn't.
    My point is that you can never be sure if a little detail that is not explained at the time it has made it's first appearance, might be important someday.

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I think that is a pretty weak argument. Take for example the following page: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2068-...hapter-19.html Would you answer that it's unecessary to know who the guy is that hits Buggy and Shanks if someone were to ask? Well you might have in the past but knowing just who this person is I guess you wouldn't.
    My point is that you can never be sure if a little detail that is not explained at the time it has made it's first appearance, might be important someday.
    Ace and WB are dead. When would be the best time to tell about their past rather than when they were still alive. I dont know but i for myself cant imagine that oda would take that step back to talk about WBs and Aces bond again.
    I think if it would habe been necessary who exactly ace was replacing, than it wouldve been told in just that moment when he was asked to.

The best way to find out is to ask oda via SPS.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I learned not to disregard any bit of information Oda drops in One Piece. If the person who used to be 2nd commander was unimportant, Oda would said something like "ever since Charlie the 2nd commander died/retired, the spot has been empty". But this way, there's a lose end, and in One Piece, it means it's going to be tied, sooner or later.

This is the first time I thought Crocodile used to be one if Whitebeard Pirates. He's even standing on the side all in black, sort of like a black sheep compared to others.

But as fine and as interesting that sounds, there's a problem with how Crocodile didn't seem to recognize Blackbeard in ID. And that's strange because Blackbeard has been part of Whitebeard Pirates for 20 years.

I guess there are slight possibilities that Crocodile left the crew more than 20 years ago or that he just never met Blackbeard but let's face it, those are astronomically small.

It could be Jewelry Bonney, but I kinda doubt it. Ability to make herself younger and the fact that she cried when WB died aren't enough.

Kaidou is a good possibility. We don't know when the WG branded 4 strongest pirates as emperors, but we do know that it's been less than 12 years ago. Why? Because that's when Shanks was at Luffy's island and I can't imagine him being able to go all the way to East Blue without offsetting the entire world balance and causing the Marines to chase him. Missing emperor would be noticed.
    Since WB Pirates was probably the strongest pirate crew at it's prime, it's possible that Kaidou was a part of it for some time, but then went off to pursue his own ambition. I don't think WB would have stopped him or anyone who wanted to join him, as long as they didn't kill anyone. Still, I'm not that convinced of this, because it's just a shot-in-the-dark theory, with no real facts to support it. If it turns out to be true, I'll be really surprised.

Anyway, I voted "other" because I think it's very likely it's nobody from the list. It could be one of those shadow brokers, or even that guy Jack...

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But as fine and as interesting that sounds, there's a problem with how Crocodile didn't seem to recognize Blackbeard in ID. And that's strange because Blackbeard has been part of Whitebeard Pirates for 20 years.
    Thats a good point.
    But even though Crocodile had a deep grudge against WB, i wonder where that came from. It has surely something to do with his lost Hand and scar in his face.
    Maybe some confrontation from the past rather than he was kicked out of WBs crew then?
    Crocodile is in his mid 40s, it IS possible that he was in WBs crew before BB joined, but thats only a weak theory.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for other: we will never know, because it's completely irrelevant. Except for Kid and Zeff, every one of those characters fought in the War. If any of them had at any time been a commander in Whitebeard's crew, we would already have know, it would have been important enough to mention in the war. I'm not sure to what purpose Oda would retcon Kid or Zeff as part of Whitebeard's crew, so I am discounting both options.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbei and Hancock can't have been the leader of Whitebeard's second division. Jinbei was more of a loyal friend to Whitebeard than part of his crew everyday. I don't see how Hancock would have been with Whitebeard as well, especially considering how she was willing to fight them, and how no one reacted in WHitebeard showed any reaction to her being on the Marine's side. In fact, no one on the poll options make any sense.

But I"m sure we'll find out who it was later.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I learned not to disregard any bit of information Oda drops in One Piece. If the person who used to be 2nd commander was unimportant, Oda would said something like "ever since Charlie the 2nd commander died/retired, the spot has been empty". But this way, there's a lose end, and in One Piece, it means it's going to be tied, sooner or later.

This is the first time I thought Crocodile used to be one if Whitebeard Pirates. He's even standing on the side all in black, sort of like a black sheep compared to others.

I guess there are slight possibilities that Crocodile left the crew more than 20 years ago or that he just never met Blackbeard but let's face it, those are astronomically small.

It could be Jewelry Bonney, but I kinda doubt it. Ability to make herself younger and the fact that she cried when WB died aren't enough.

Kaidou is a good possibility. We don't know when the WG branded 4 strongest pirates as emperors, but we do know that it's been less than 12 years ago. Why? Because that's when Shanks was at Luffy's island and I can't imagine him being able to go all the way to East Blue without offsetting the entire world balance and causing the Marines to chase him. Missing emperor would be noticed.
    Since WB Pirates was probably the strongest pirate crew at it's prime, it's possible that Kaidou was a part of it for some time, but then went off to pursue his own ambition. I don't think WB would have stopped him or anyone who wanted to join him, as long as they didn't kill anyone. Still, I'm not that convinced of this, because it's just a shot-in-the-dark theory, with no real facts to support it. If it turns out to be true, I'll be really surprised.

Anyway, I voted "other" because I think it's very likely it's nobody from the list. It could be one of those shadow brokers, or even that guy Jack...
    Actually Blackbeard have had been a member of the Whitebeard Pirates for over half of his life, since he had joined the crew over 25 years ago (during Roger's last meeting with Whitebeard, the latter made a reference to Blackbeard). I doubt Crocodile was ever part of the crew, much less a Commander.

Quote Quote:
    Jinbei and Hancock can't have been the leader of Whitebeard's second division. Jinbei was more of a loyal friend to Whitebeard than part of his crew everyday. I don't see how Hancock would have been with Whitebeard as well, especially considering how she was willing to fight them, and how no one reacted in WHitebeard showed any reaction to her being on the Marine's side. In fact, no one on the poll options make any sense.
    That aside, Hancock recieved the title of Shichibukai 13 years ago on her very first voyage as the captaon of the Kuja Pirates.
    Last edited by Samui; January 25, 2013 at 06:51 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of like the idea of it being Zeff, because it would explain how Sanji got so strong for the first part of the story. I like the idea of him being trained by a Yonkou's crew mate much better than him being just some unremarkable former pirate.

The only serious flaw I can see with this theory is that Krieg attacked Zeff for his knowledge of the Grand Line, but if Zeff really was a Whitebeard pirate, then surely Krieg wouldn't have attacked him for fear of retribution. Everyone knows you don't mess with Whitebeard's crew.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    I kind of like the idea of it being Zeff, because it would explain how Sanji got so strong for the first part of the story. I like the idea of him being trained by a Yonkou's crew mate much better than him being just some unremarkable former pirate.

The only serious flaw I can see with this theory is that Krieg attacked Zeff for his knowledge of the Grand Line, but if Zeff really was a Whitebeard pirate, then surely Krieg wouldn't have attacked him for fear of retribution. Everyone knows you don't mess with Whitebeard's crew.
    Zeff cannot be a Whitebeard Pirate. Not only he had his own crew (until 11 years ago), but also he had sailed in the Grand Line for only a year.

Still, Zeff is pretty strong.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast