Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Ace replaced Who? (WILD POLL OPTIONS)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimbei

1 5.00%
  • Kaidou

1 5.00%
  • Shanks

0 0%
  • Doflamingo

0 0%
  • Zeff

0 0%
  • Crocodile

4 20.00%
  • Moria

2 10.00%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • Boa Hancock

0 0%
  • Other

12 60.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ace replaced Who?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ace replaced Who?

It could also be this guy - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Chameleone

It's not sure yet if he's part of canon, but it's said that in the past he infiltrated WB pirates in order to leak information and bring him down, but Marco discovered him and stopped him. It doesn't say what his position was, but someone with that kind of ability could have ranked pretty high. I don't know why Oda would give him a relevant history like that only for live show. I guess it could be same as Shiki. His history was covered in chapter 0, so it's considered canon. Only the events of Strong World are questionable, since there's no reference in manga.

Anyway, I'd like it more if it was someone else. Someone who would appear in manga later (which is not sure for this dude).

P.S. He's quite fabulous, isn't he?
    Last edited by Razh; January 26, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the Wiki, I don't think he could have been in WB's crew, much less a captain since his personality is far too selfish to work efficiently with WB. So far, no one on WB has shown to be greedy, with the exception of Blackbeard, so they worked well together. Chameleone's greed and DF ability could bring down WB crew, and it's not said he turned good, it just implies he continued to be against Whitebeard.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    According to the Wiki, I don't think he could have been in WB's crew, much less a captain since his personality is far too selfish to work efficiently with WB. So far, no one on WB has shown to be greedy, with the exception of Blackbeard, so they worked well together. Chameleone's greed and DF ability could bring down WB crew, and it's not said he turned good, it just implies he continued to be against Whitebeard.
    Not sure what you mean. According to Wiki:
    "In the past, he infiltrated the Whitebeard Pirates in order to destroy it by leaking inside information, but Marco discovered what he was plotting and put a stop to his actions."

That means he joined the crew and planned to bring it down from inside. I doubt he hid himself on Moby Dick and stalked crew in hopes of getting some good info. That would just be silly...

And crew as large as WB's is bound to have all kinds of people and WB can't read minds, which BB proved.

Also, I never said anything about him being good later, or whatever. Look, it's just a decent possibility and there's nothing on wikia that disqualifies the dude as a possible former 2nd commander.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm teetering between Crocodile and Chameleon

I'd like to see the latter appear in the manga at some point, though I wish his bounty was a bit higher if he was indeed the 2nd division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates at one time
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Not sure what you mean. According to Wiki:
    "In the past, he infiltrated the Whitebeard Pirates in order to destroy it by leaking inside information, but Marco discovered what he was plotting and put a stop to his actions."

That means he joined the crew and planned to bring it down from inside. I doubt he hid himself on Moby Dick and stalked crew in hopes of getting some good info. That would just be silly...

And crew as large as WB's is bound to have all kinds of people and WB can't read minds, which BB proved.

Also, I never said anything about him being good later, or whatever. Look, it's just a decent possibility and there's nothing on wikia that disqualifies the dude as a possible former 2nd commander.
    He could have impersonated as someone else though. The way he infiltrated WB isn't clear, he could have done it in many ways.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Mihawk?

- Explains the pre-existing rivalry with Shanks and their many battles Whitebeard remembers.
    - It explains why it took them a while to replace him (he betrayed them by joining the marines/taking the title of worlds strongest swordsman) *note*
    - Explains why he was curious as to the current difference between himself and Whitebeard (ominous as to if he had made the correct decision in leaving his crew and going solo)

Note: Roronoa had explained multiple times to Luffy that if he had stood in his way of becoming the world's strongest, he would have left the crew (regardless of how his feelings changed after time passed).

It could be that a condition of being recognized as the world's strongest swordsman is to have no allegiances (other than the Marines) and to take the title without a crew.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought of Mihawk before but something doesn't fit.

Vista is an oldtimer in WB pirates. He's been there for more than 20 years. This panel, where Vista concludes Mihawk heard of him pretty much dismisses Mihawk as not only a 2nd commander, but the crewman as well.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I thought of Mihawk before but something doesn't fit.

Vista is an oldtimer in WB pirates. He's been there for more than 20 years. This panel, where Vista concludes Mihawk heard of him pretty much dismisses Mihawk as not only a 2nd commander, but the crewman as well.
    Not necessarily. It could mean that both he and Vista either rarely talked with each other or Vista wasn't as well known back in the time? Considering the divisions, was it possible they never met before?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Not necessarily. It could mean that both he and Vista either rarely talked with each other or Vista wasn't as well known back in the time? Considering the divisions, was it possible they never met before?
    Seeing how WB pirates are a one big familly and how even allied crews are connected, I don't find it likely.

Mihawk - Vista situation is no different from Crocodile - Blackbeard situation. If it's possible that Mihawk was a 2nd commander without ever meeting Vista, then it's also possible Crocodile was a 2nd commander without ever meeting Blackbeard.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2