Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: What's up! ^^

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    What's up! ^^

    Hi everyone!

    Nice to meet you!

    My name is Jen or you can call me Jiyeon. I'm Korean and am fluent in the language. The next language I would like to learn is Japanese and hoping to become fluent in that too!

    I love watching animes and reading mangas (obviously...^^;

    I also like to play video games...mostly rpgs made by square enix (Final Fantasy series ^^b)
    I like to role play with other people when i'm in that creative mood ^^

    Aside from watching animes I also watch Korean dramas and listen to KPop most of the time.

    I enjoy meeting new people who have the same interest as me so I hope to meet a lot of people here and make lots of friends!

    See you guys around! ^^

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Welcome!!

    This is the best place for making new friends that's for sure...you just wait until the manhwa fans find this thread...do you read any manhwa?

    And do you like western RPGs?

  4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Welcome!!

    This is the best place for making new friends that's for sure...you just wait until the manhwa fans find this thread...do you read any manhwa?

    And do you like western RPGs?
    Nice to meet you! ^^
    I don't read any manhwas...only mangas

    I don't think i've played any western RPGs before...

  6. #4
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Hey another newcomer; welcome on MH.
    We seem to have common interests, so I will be looking forward to discussing with you in the forums.
    Anyway what's your favourite anime/manga? Your favourite sport?

  7. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Welcome, welcome

    I have an uncanny attraction to emotional songs, so, do you know any in Korea?
    Oh, by the way, enjoy your time around. You'll definitely love the atmosphere

  8. #6
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by kimcheee View Post
    Hi everyone!

    Nice to meet you!

    My name is Jen or you can call me Jiyeon. I'm Korean and am fluent in the language. The next language I would like to learn is Japanese and hoping to become fluent in that too!

    I love watching animes and reading mangas (obviously...^^;

    I also like to play video games...mostly rpgs made by square enix (Final Fantasy series ^^b)
    I like to role play with other people when i'm in that creative mood ^^

    Aside from watching animes I also watch Korean dramas and listen to KPop most of the time.

    I enjoy meeting new people who have the same interest as me so I hope to meet a lot of people here and make lots of friends!

    See you guys around! ^^


    Welcome to mangahelpers - glad to have you here.

    Well - bene already asked what I was going to ask - :bene

    What K dramas are you watching currently ? Did you watch secret garden, iris, swallow the sun ?
    We have some gamers here as well, so you will get along really well.


  9. #7
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Welcome kimchee

    Beware of Charlie *runs away*

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #8
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Welcome kimchee

    Beware of Charlie *runs away*
    Aye

    Alls i needed to hear was, reads and understands fluent Korean.


  12. #9
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    You're ruining my awesome title for me

  13. #10
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    You're ruining my awesome title for me





  14. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Hey another newcomer; welcome on MH.
    We seem to have common interests, so I will be looking forward to discussing with you in the forums.
    Anyway what's your favourite anime/manga? Your favourite sport?
    i have so many favorites! Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Seed & Destiny, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, InuxBoku SS...these are a couple that i like ^^
    i like to play basketball and volleyball

    ---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Welcome, welcome

    I have an uncanny attraction to emotional songs, so, do you know any in Korea?
    Oh, by the way, enjoy your time around. You'll definitely love the atmosphere
    I know a lot of emotional Korean songs...i listen to a lot of them
    you should probably check out Lyn, Park Jung Hyun, Kim Bum Soo, Wheesung, K.Will, Baek Ji Young...these are a few

    ---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post


    Welcome to mangahelpers - glad to have you here.

    Well - bene already asked what I was going to ask - :bene

    What K dramas are you watching currently ? Did you watch secret garden, iris, swallow the sun ?
    We have some gamers here as well, so you will get along really well.
    I'm actually not watching at the moment cause the dramas that are currently released don't really interest me...the last dramas that I watched was Vampire Prosecutor 2 and A Gentleman's Dignity
    I've watched Secret Garden and Iris but not Swallow the Sun...can you recommend some dramas that's been out recently?

    ---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Welcome kimchee

    Beware of Charlie *runs away*
    thanks for the welcome goldb! nice to meet you ^^
    and thanks for the warning? ^^;;

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #12
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Cuz I have a habit of promoting manhwa series -

    I seen some episodes of this one Cheer up Mr Kim and so far I'm loving it.

    Swallow the sun is pre - Iris and if you liked Iris - you will most likely heart that one.

    And for secret garden i like this song a lot

    Spoiler show

    I haven't seen those you mentioned but Vamp P was Japanese i saw a bit but dropped it

    I did see one K drama called Prosecutor princess though - lol


  17. #13
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Cuz I have a habit of promoting manhwa series -

    I seen some episodes of this one Cheer up Mr Kim and so far I'm loving it.

    Swallow the sun is pre - Iris and if you liked Iris - you will most likely heart that one.

    And for secret garden i like this song a lot

    Spoiler show

    I haven't seen those you mentioned but Vamp P was Japanese i saw a bit but dropped it

    I did see one K drama called Prosecutor princess though - lol
    oh~ so you promote manhwas...

    secret garden was pretty good but i don't think it's a drama i can watch again ^^;;
    the fact that they switched bodies kind of weirded me out >.<

  18. #14
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by kimcheee View Post
    oh~ so you promote manhwas...

    secret garden was pretty good but i don't think it's a drama i can watch again ^^;;
    the fact that they switched bodies kind of weirded me out >.<
    Yes, the body switching element was weird but at least it didn't have the stereotypical guy or girl ex or what have you, plotting against the main lead that comes into picture from mid to half through he plot.

    I liked this factor or simple form compared to the normal or standard format that is generally used or over used -

    Secret garden was pretty straightford minus the magic elements.
    Although it also has the bad 'cold rich guy' meets innocent woman who changes him, etc. What can you do - can't over nitpick I guess.

    But you need to see swallow the sun for sure - its pretty good.
    Quote Quote:

    oh~ so you promote manhwas...
    Yes, you can say that.

    -


  19. #15
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's up! ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yes, the body switching element was weird but at least it didn't have the stereotypical guy or girl ex or what have you, plotting against the main lead that comes into picture from mid to half through he plot.

    I liked this factor or simple form compared to the normal or standard format that is generally used or over used -

    Secret garden was pretty straightford minus the magic elements.
    Although it also has the bad 'cold rich guy' meets innocent woman who changes him, etc. What can you do - can't over nitpick I guess.

    But you need to see swallow the sun for sure - its pretty good.
    Yes, you can say that.

    -
    I guess I'll give the drama a try when i get the chance

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts