Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Vampire the Masquerade; The Return of Caine

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Galejro's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Vampire the Masquerade; The Return of Caine

Welcome

I would like to present my creation Vampire the Masquerade; The Return of Caine based on Vampire the masquerade/ World of Darkness universe.

I can't call it a manga nor a comicbook because it has elements of both. Though I think you might enjoy it. I pretty much need feedback on it as it is just the Prolouge and the first chapter, the rest is a work in progress.

Short: Biblical Caine (The first and most powerful vampire in the world) returns after 3000 years of slumber to execute his plans. He’s aims and goals? Unknown and locked only within his deceptive mind will unravel before you in this four episode series I plan to make.

For practical reasons (cause this is over 80 pages so far) you can access the comic book:
    By downloading it Here in a RAR
    Or by visiting its gallery on my Deviantart account Here (Only here you have to click on pages right to left/ bottom to top)

If you like I can still post all the pages in this thread but be prepared for a lot of scrolling down XD
    Last edited by Galejro; January 19, 2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Spelling and some vital facts not mentioned.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vampire the Masquerade; The Return of Caine

Galejro, PLEASE DO!

I'm a big fan of the White Wolf RPGs and I'm dying to read your story! xD
    Specially if it has a lot of gangrel *-*

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Gangrel is gonna be like 5% of this particular episode , though
    Spoiler show
    . The Series will be more Antediluvian/Tremere/(promethean)Brujah centered for certain reasons I wish not to spoil.

I would also like to announce I made a Web Comic devoted to this series: www.galejro.blogspot.com

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Ty for sharing *-*
    I'll show people your story, only a few of them knows about Vampire.
    I like how you summarized the book of nod part, so maybe people who are curious about it will learn a bit about its background faster through your story^^

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Book of Nod itself is a resource for a decent comicbook series (I know it cause I handwrite it in a form of manuscript as a hobby). True, many people have forgotten about Vampire: The Masquerade Universe and it's my quest to re-popularise it a little befor World of Darkness online comes out (though the accursed Twilight series and simillar things make it a difficult task). It's the best Vampire Universe since Dracula people have never heard about.

Though my summary of The book of Nod is HELL-A-SHORT, I hope people find it in PDF's and read the thing themselves, it's a bit difficult cause it's biblical language but it (and some other VTM lore books like Revelations of Lilith) gives Lord of the Rings, Hobbit and Harry Potter a run for their money in the "awesome-as-hell" departament.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the biblical language actually makes it more poetic, so I enjoy the reading more, but I get what you mean with 'difficult'.
    Movies are also a quick way to make it popular, and we do have some good ones about Dracula, and I do hope that all those elements together will rescue the Vampire stories image xD Anyway, looking forward for the next chapter^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really interesting. I love oWoD vampire as opposed to nWoD. what photo editing programs did you use for this?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

-It starts with the MS office picture manager for setting the brightness and gamma so that the page doesn't look like a blatant paper scan and to unify most colors.
    -Enter photoshop CS5 where I clean most of the page from particles/ re-collor the eyes so that they seem glowing/ color Caines suit which is naturally black and white.
    -MS paint (windows 7 version) to make the final fixes, setting the page number and produce the dialouge bubbles and narrative texts.

Rough page differ day and night from the final product as in this example.

BTW this is a page from the second chapter I am currently working on, so far it'll be christmas 2013 by the time I finish it
    Last edited by Galejro; March 21, 2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling

New Reply