Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

1 5.88%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

1 5.88%
  • Excellent

13 76.47%
  • Top 10 in Magi

2 11.76%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magi 171 Discussion/172 Predictions

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 171 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    However, after reading it, i noticed this part was quite fast with a shallow proposite of a hero entrance. Furthermore, Titus lost resolve that he achieve when Mogamett was convincing him and even Aladdin was part of it in the previous chapter about trust and friendship, and the bonds he tie with the girl he saved. All of that was forgotten with just a speech of Mu. Shinobu fall a little on this chapter, that is my impression.
    See what I was emphasizing in the last chapter discussion? yeah, the pace of this war is quite fast, if we compare this to another Manga, normally all the wisdom talks should last longer than this. The way Aladdin involved in the war is also pretty straightforward - not as roundabout as other manga would do when the main character enters the main stage.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 171 Discussion/172 Predictions

At last !
    First page was already brutal, but it was only a glimpse of the carnage. I wasn't expecting to see heads and arms torn from their bodies but hey, that's convenient for the fanalis.
    It was highly exciting to see Aladdin take a third option and getting in the way of both Magnostadt and Reim. Next chapter has chances to make me rate it as a "Top 10" level.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if I've read the translations before the actual chapter came out.. I still got the goosebumps!!

I never imagined the Fanalis corps'battle would be that umm... brutal! I mean their faces (the way Ohtaka drew them all) scares the hell out of me! It's a good thing that there are still the some little funny moments because of Muron I suddenly imagined if Morgianna will be like them too when she unleashes her true potential.

We almost forgot about the 5th level authorization district. Thanks to that giant magic tool and more people have surely died

Mu's kinda cute when he smiles. Period. But he mentions something about their fates are just the same as Titus'. Because of that, I began to think that there's "something" behind those words... oh btw, maybe Mu knew Aladdin because of Alibaba or because Titus said his name out loud LOL. I think Titus still hasn't told about Aladdin's true identity.

ALADDIN!! You're just like the sun! really... so freakin' cute!
    Finally! He will unleash the fruits of his labor! I wonder how will Scheherazade and Mogamett and the rest of the magicians will react onto his true identity, and power.

Alibaba where the hell are you?

/Rant over

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a very nice chapter, in particular how you can see Aladdin enter into the scene until the final page. That was almost cinematographic. Though it was a bit surprising to see all the finalist do nothing when he support Titus whereas they were crazy beasts just before. Another surprise was that Mu consider himself more a monster than a human. It's almost sad that he feels this way and Aladdin may want to change that opinion of him too like he acknowledge Titus as a friend.
    Last edited by k-dom; January 28, 2013 at 05:40 PM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, the Fanalis are so freaking strong and scary. O_O
    Awesome chapter, can't already wait to read the next one; after all the we have yet to see the climax of this war.
    I wonder if Mu really meant those words he said or if he was just demoralizing Titus in order to bring him back easily.
    Anyway Aladdin's entrance was just beyond awesomeness.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's really only three things I can say about this chapter:

- DEM FUKKEN FINALIS FUKKEN UP YER MAGICIANS N SHET

- Titus...finally comming to terms with himself? (In all honesty I didn't stop being skeptical if he was a trap or not until a few chapters ago, I didn't buy alladins analyisis initially since he did something similar with one of sinbad's 8 generals *forgot her name and am too lazy to look it up* XD)

- and Aladin's about to pull a shanks... this shall be awesome...

And now that I am caught up, I now wait...for a week....damn....
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 171 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    See what I was emphasizing in the last chapter discussion? yeah, the pace of this war is quite fast, if we compare this to another Manga, normally all the wisdom talks should last longer than this. The way Aladdin involved in the war is also pretty straightforward - not as roundabout as other manga would do when the main character enters the main stage.
    I meant the scene Aladdin perfectly could enter while Titus was about to kill some Fanalis.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this Magi Forum will also need a thread " Things You Probably Didn't Notice " ..

In this page (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/136796/..._sense-scans/4) .. Ren Gyokuen has touched Ren Kouen's body after holding the diseased hand of the Kou Emperor's dead body .. i think she did that intentionally to spread the disease to Ren Kouen also.. also Ren Kouen doesn't seem like the type to join with Al Sarmen ..

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't have anything to add, excellent chap. I didn't expect Aladdin to save the day that early but now I'm hoping for some awesome moments. It's always nice when a kid lectures all the grown-ups

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    How were these guys ever forced into slavery?
    Not that hard to imagine if you look at Morgiana. As long as you oppress someone from early age, he/she will bend to your will as long as there's no one who will free you from the shackles in your mind.
    And you shouldn't forget that the Fanalis Corpse probably was trained for a lot of years, they've done nothing but fighting so they're experienced warriors. As far as I understood it, the Fanalis never were that big in population so if an army somehow managed to destroy their main force, they can just take the kids and use them the same way Jamil did with Mor.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I recall a silhouette of a full grown Fanalis male in the shackles Mor broke early on, but I guess we'll find out that she's a pure blooded Fanalis or something eventually.

Well putting that aside, I really, really can't wait for the next chapter haha. I actually don't even really care about what kind of giant magic explosion Aladdin will pull off, I just want to see the reactions to him being a Magi.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Well I recall a silhouette of a full grown Fanalis male in the shackles Mor broke early on, but I guess we'll find out that she's a pure blooded Fanalis or something eventually.
    Do you mean Goltas? he isn't a Fanalis though.

Quote Quote:
    Well putting that aside, I really, really can't wait for the next chapter haha. I actually don't even really care about what kind of giant magic explosion Aladdin will pull off, I just want to see the reactions to him being a Magi.
    LOL, I'm now thinking most of them will have their jaws dropped in surprise.

Anyway, I suddenly got a hunch that Alibaba will show up to cover Mu and the Fanalis corps when Aladdin starts attacking. Or Titus will stop Aladdin and says something like "This is my fight, don't interfere" but these are just my prediction LOL

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2