Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    No, power isn't everything, but it helps. If you have to hit your opponent 20 times to win and they only have to hit you 5, you have less margin for error, even if you are significantly better.
    Thats true, but viole is pretty strong remember when they did the shinsoo test he scored really high. Also I think everybody thinks violes strength is weak due to mule saying he lacks in that field,when in actuallity he was probably saying it lacks when comparing his strength too rankers since everything else that viole has is close to a ranker.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    And after Viole fight with mazino and seeing how Mazino obliterated a couple rankers rankers a few minutes later... maybe I'm giving Viole too much credit, Dunno only time will tell
    Mazino was going easy on Viole and his team. He didn't go easy on the rankers.

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Thats true, but viole is pretty strong remember when they did the shinsoo test he scored really high. Also I think everybody thinks violes strength is weak due to mule saying he lacks in that field,when in actuallity he was probably saying it lacks when comparing his strength too rankers since everything else that viole has is close to a ranker.
    I wasn't commenting specifically about Viole. We don't know how strong he really is.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Yes, I do remember... but it's Quant, SIU ran som many gags with him that I can't see him a a powerful being. And after Viole fight with mazino and seeing how Mazino obliterated a couple rankers rankers a few minutes later... maybe I'm giving Viole too much credit, Dunno only time will tell
    Nevertheless he is still one of the very very few regulars who actually made it up to the 134th floor, I doubt Viole can take him. Urek is the strongest active ranker in the tower, the fact that he obliterated 2 rankers shouldn't make you underestimate the position of a ranker.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

No words to this chapter...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    I think the more room you use, the less the overall strength of those rooms.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    I think the more room you use, the less the overall strength of those rooms.
    While this is generally true per a SIU blog post, without very specific examples, it is hard to say how pronounced this really is.

If, for example, someone's single baang has a power of 1 (lets not worry about the units of that), but when they use 3 baangs, each baang has a power of .75, using more baangs has more potential power. If the power of 3 is .33, or even something like .25, then it is an entirely different matter. (Of course, there is still potentially more value in using 3 over 1, even if it ends up being overall weaker)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha I always thought of rooms/baangs a little differently. I never thought of it as each room does the same damage (as in everyones room has a value of 1) and its a % reduction in each hit, I always though of it like damage. Say maybe baam's rooms each do 100dmg, while urek can deal out 1000dmg a room. Who really knows, because it seems like your attacks are weaker while your learning, and when its mastered it shouldn't have a handicap on it anymore. Im kind of basing this off when baam first learned his fist destruction technique it was really pathetic and weak. Now its mastered and he does full damage. But the saying More baangs doesnt mean more power could just be related to pure damage. Each of baams rooms do 100% damage as the previous, but his overall damage is like 100+ 100+ 100+ 100+ 100+ 100= 600 vs. ureks 1 room of 1k damage.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyaaaaaa!!! I'm just to hyped to comment something serious, but what an incredible chapter was!!!! The best of the week, no doubts!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter!!! Agreed! It's the best of the week!

Anyway I don't get the confusion about the Bangs. I understands SIU's words as follow: your power is divided by the number of Bangs you use, overall your power doesn't increase with the number of Bangs.

The number of Bangs for me is a matter of skill, not power. More bangs means you can use more shinsoo techniques at the same time. For example when Baam first tried to kill the Bull, he tried you to use 2 Bangs, one to Stop the Bull and other to strike it. But he couldn't (not enough skill), so he completely focused on striking.

Now a person has their own capacity, ie, power level. If they use 1 technique=1 Bang they can put 100% of their shinsoo capacity into it, if they use 2 tech=2 Bangs the maximun they can put behind each is 50%, if not less because "opening" a Bang might be in itself Shinsoo consuming. The number of techniques one can use simultaneously will not make their power grow. Let's say if Baam has 1000 units of Shinsoo capacity for example, this capacity will not suddenly increase to 1500 or 2000 just because he decided to perform 2 techniques at once.

The number of Bangs is a matter of skill, it means you can do more stuff at the same time. In this particular situation if you're fighting 2 opponents it means you can attack them both at once, of defende AND attack at the same time, more Bangs will also mean more possible combinations like these.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a little confused on the part when he threw the lighting spear did he freeze the attack in mid air or did the lighthouse becuase when he came down the spear was still frozen in mid air then it exploded when he hit the ground?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Great chapter!!! Agreed! It's the best of the week!

Anyway I don't get the confusion about the Bangs. I understands SIU's words as follow: your power is divided by the number of Bangs you use, overall your power doesn't increase with the number of Bangs.

The number of Bangs for me is a matter of skill, not power. More bangs means you can use more shinsoo techniques at the same time. For example when Baam first tried to kill the Bull, he tried you to use 2 Bangs, one to Stop the Bull and other to strike it. But he couldn't (not enough skill), so he completely focused on striking.

Now a person has their own capacity, ie, power level. If they use 1 technique=1 Bang they can put 100% of their shinsoo capacity into it, if they use 2 tech=2 Bangs the maximun they can put behind each is 50%, if not less because "opening" a Bang might be in itself Shinsoo consuming. The number of techniques one can use simultaneously will not make their power grow. Let's say if Baam has 1000 units of Shinsoo capacity for example, this capacity will not suddenly increase to 1500 or 2000 just because he decided to perform 2 techniques at once.

The number of Bangs is a matter of skill, it means you can do more stuff at the same time. In this particular situation if you're fighting 2 opponents it means you can attack them both at once, of defende AND attack at the same time, more Bangs will also mean more possible combinations like these.
    Yeah but its still hard unless someone says it in black and white. Here is the formula for bangs and # of them. P=(2x - .75)squared over 2. But I guess not knowing and getting to debate like this is part of fun. I also thought of the single baang that took out the bull, it seem much much bigger then any of the ones hes done since with multiple shots. I think that # of rooms does mean more techniques, and a slight hit on over all power. But does 5 strongest rooms deal more damage then 1 great room? I don't think there has been enough evidence to say just yet...
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by halfcrzy View Post
    I never thought of it as each room does the same damage (as in everyones room has a value of 1) and its a % reduction in each hit, I always though of it like damage.
    Everyone's single baang has a value of 1 or 100% in the context of themselves. With the difference in mass and density, obviously people have different power in relation to each other.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's all about concentration/skill.
    If think about Mazino, what's more powerful? he putting all his strength in a single room or putting all his strength in 2 rooms?
    I don't think that if he creates 2 rooms, their power will be 50% each of a single room. And I don't think that a single formula can calculate it. As the user get more skilled, more rooms he can use, also he could lose less strength on the use of these rooms.
    It's like: Baam can create a second room with almost the same amount of power of a single room, but as he tries to create a third room, he needs more concentration for this new room.. so all 3 rooms would lose an amount of power and the same goes on and on..

At least it's how I get it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MariuszNo's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's out

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be too much for Baam to be one of the rare people whose baangs get more powerful the more he uses or would it be accepted because Baam is an irregular and irregulars get overpowered abilities?

Also, there is no way that Baam doesn't reveal himself to Koon next chapter. (that is assuming that Koon might not recognize him) He is going to HAVE to ask about Rachel.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast