Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

But every irregular is not bound to the laws of the tower, what makes them dangerous. FUG isn't only against Zahard, but against the whole 10 families, so a slayer could be simple one who slays the familes or the princess, diminishing their power.
    That's why I think the current Slayers aren't irregulars, it was stated that they've been waiting a long time for a irregular to show up

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so wasn't that kakara (the guy in the mask) Also a slayer candidate? If he isn't an irregular then the theory that he is meant to take out the princesses or even some of the higher members of the 10 families who greatly support Zahard would be a good theory. Even tho that mask guy seems to have an agenda of his own when he sent that shadow after Baam.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not only a slayer candidate, he's already a slayer. And yes, he seems to have an agenda of his own, SIU himself told ue that he'll show up quite a bit on part 2

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I just remembered, Luslec is Slayer #1 and he was born on 80th floor, so he can't be an irregular.

It's funny I didn't think about this sooner. But what if someone killed 100th floor guardian? Would Zahard and his 9 buddies become mortal again? Maybe FUG only needs an irregular to kill the guardian who gave Zahard immortality.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting thought. I wonder what the fall out was from Enryu (sp?) Killing that guardian, was everything the guardian did undone or did any gifts he bestowed on others remain. Can another guardian, a stronger one, remove a gift given by a weaker guardian? These are all things we will have to keep an eye on as the story progresses. it seems like this story will carry on for years to come (I pray) so lots of answers to come still.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic chapter!

I feel bad about Horyang, but he might actually not be dead.
    Apparently that bunny girl wants Novik and Ran dead, so she might have been lying to push Baam to kill them.

And, the meeting finally happen!
    I can't wait to see the interaction between Baam and Koon!

I wonder if they'll talk about Rachel!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point your debating here, i would put in the table the Princesses system which is very weird. Why Zahard wanted to preserve his "kingdom" abroad the tower? What was his propose? Also, SIU has not introduced how they are make though these are selected and trained as Spartians with the losers dropped out.

Why this man has opposites? like FUG or even in a slightly manner Wingtree.

Sure it is that he has another idea to do in the Talze User universe, so he won't say all the pertinent things about the tower, because it's normal to think that a tower has to be made from the outside despite someone pile rocks above others.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Maybe it's because it's easier? Guardian's tests are no joke and sucess rate is probably a lot higher in normal tests. FUG has no use of a dead slayer, after all.
    If Baam is unable to pass the Guardian's tests, he is unlikely to be of much use against Zahard.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    No, I just remembered, Luslec is Slayer #1 and he was born on 80th floor, so he can't be an irregular.
    But that doesn't necessarily mean he can't kill Zahard as he was born prior to the granting of immortality. (I mean he isn't physically prevented from killing Zahard. The fact that he is weaker than Zahard kind of prevents him from killing Zahard.)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    If Baam is unable to pass the Guardian's tests, he is unlikely to be of much use against Zahard.
    Even if he is unable to pass the Guardian's test alone, it doesn't mean he won't get stronger eventually. For someone like Baam who assimilates other people's techniques instantly, it makes more sense to mingle and compete with other regulars and come into contact with rankers. Of course, I won't pretend I know what FUG is thinking but I think that someone who conquers each floor through Guardian's test and is also a Slayer candidate won't last long. Too much of a potential threat.

But that doesn't necessarily mean he can't kill Zahard as he was born prior to the granting of immortality. (I mean he isn't physically prevented from killing Zahard. The fact that he is weaker than Zahard kind of prevents him from killing Zahard.)
    I think it does. I think the Guardian just extended the law of Tower residents not being able to kill Guardians toward Zahard and his team. I don't think it matters that he was born prior to it. Of course, there is no definitive proof yet, but it would make sense based on what we know so far.

It's true that he's weaker than Zahard based on ranking, but things could have changed since Zahard went to rest. I'm not saying anyone is stronger than someone, but the list shouldn't be taken for granted. It's not like there are tournaments being held regularly to decide the ranking.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

How? Outside of making contracts with the guardian, I'm pretty sure there is almost zero contact between the guardian and anyone else. (Guardians don't seem to keep that close an eye on those administering the tests and the tests they give after they've accepted a proxy) It is not hard for someone to talk to the guardian, ask for a test, take the test, then hop to the next level without anyone ever noticing.

I wouldn't say it was the whole point. There were other serious advantages to it. Also, if this was seriously the case, letting Baam go around telling people he is a FUG slayer seems to go against this.
    How can you be so sure? Zahard and the 10 family heads are all irregulars, so they can probably speak to the Guardians just as easily as Baam can. If Zahard made a contract with the Guardians so that no regular can kill him, then it's not a stretch to think that he also made some sort of contract to keep an eye on irregulars through the guardians. You also have to remember that one of the family heads possesses the strongest lighthouse in the tower - the Eye of God. If this lighthouse has the ability to even see into the Guardian's realm then that could explain why taking tests from the guardians is too risky. Finally, Zahard may be keeping track of all of the regulars on each floor (maybe through Eye of God) so if one regular manages to get to the next floor without passing the admin test then that could cause alarm bells to ring.
    Last edited by abc1233; January 29, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    How can you be so sure? Zahard and the 10 family heads are all irregulars, so they can probably speak to the Guardians just as easily as Baam can. If Zahard made a contract with the Guardians so that no regular can kill him, then it's not a stretch to think that he also made some sort of contract to keep an eye on irregulars through the guardians.
    First off, we don't whether preventing regulars from killing him was an intentional or unintentional byproduct of his immortality. (Are the great family heads also unable to be killed by regulars? With the exception of the Bloodmadder, the family heads are all immortal, so I would say no) The answer to that question would tell us a lot about how much the guardians support Zahard. (They obviously made him immortal and let him run the tower, but intentionally making him unkillable is an entirely different matter. That's the difference between not caring and actively supporting Zahard.)

Secondly, what is the guardian's motivation to disclose their business to Zahard? Even if they support the guy, I can't see why they would agree to tell Zahard when people want to take a test from them. That's between them and the test taker.

You also have to remember that one of the family heads possesses the strongest lighthouse in the tower - the Eye of God. If this lighthouse has the ability to even see into the Guardian's realm then that could explain why taking tests from the guardians is too risky.
    Now, this is an interesting possibility. On one hand, when forming a contract with the guardian, Baam was able to appear before the guardian without ever physically going there (I doubt he teleported) which makes it seem like the guardians do not exist in the physical realm as we know it. On the other hand, he had to physically travel to see the guardian to ask about taking the test from him. (Was that just a plot device to allow for Koon's deception?)

If the guardians do exist physically and one has to physically travel to a guardian to ask to take a test from it, it would be relatively easy to watch those areas though I could see a guardian being less than happy it was being watched. (or it could not care)

Finally, Zahard may be keeping track of all of the regulars on each floor (maybe through Eye of God) so if one regular manages to get to the next floor without passing the admin test then that could cause alarm bells to ring.
    Given the population of the tower, this is practically impossible. And when you add in the fact that it should be theoretically possible to interact with no one (isn't the land mass on each floor larger than the continents on Earth?), that becomes infinitely more impossible.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

With the eye of the God, I think it's really possible.. even so, I don't think this is the case.

Remember, When Yuri travelled to the second floor, she took a rout planning to not be discovered. Yet knew when that she had arrived.
    I think that when a regular is teleported to the inner tower, the Ruler and/or Director are immediately aware of their presence.. so it would be easy to figure that someone is taking the guardian test

*sorry for the english.. I'm writing from work, hehehe

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, we don't whether preventing regulars from killing him was an intentional or unintentional byproduct of his immortality. (Are the great family heads also unable to be killed by regulars? With the exception of the Bloodmadder, the family heads are all immortal, so I would say no) The answer to that question would tell us a lot about how much the guardians support Zahard. (They obviously made him immortal and let him run the tower, but intentionally making him unkillable is an entirely different matter. That's the difference between not caring and actively supporting Zahard.)

Secondly, what is the guardian's motivation to disclose their business to Zahard? Even if they support the guy, I can't see why they would agree to tell Zahard when people want to take a test from them. That's between them and the test taker.

Now, this is an interesting possibility. On one hand, when forming a contract with the guardian, Baam was able to appear before the guardian without ever physically going there (I doubt he teleported) which makes it seem like the guardians do not exist in the physical realm as we know it. On the other hand, he had to physically travel to see the guardian to ask about taking the test from him. (Was that just a plot device to allow for Koon's deception?)

If the guardians do exist physically and one has to physically travel to a guardian to ask to take a test from it, it would be relatively easy to watch those areas though I could see a guardian being less than happy it was being watched. (or it could not care)

Given the population of the tower, this is practically impossible. And when you add in the fact that it should be theoretically possible to interact with no one (isn't the land mass on each floor larger than the continents on Earth?), that becomes infinitely more impossible.
    With the final theory, I don't see it as being impossible. From what we've seen, lighthouses seem to function like a computer, with the Opera seeming to be comparable to a supercomputer, so with something which is even more powerful than the Opera under Zahard's control I wouldn't say it's impossible for every regular to be monitored on every floor. It's also possible that the Eye of God can hack into every lighthouse in the tower to increase its field of vision.

Also, when Ha Jinsung was meeting with Karaka, he suggested that they go elsewhere as the guardian was watching. If the guardians don't care about Zahard then why would he be concerned about being watched by them?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    With the eye of the God, I think it's really possible.. even so, I don't think this is the case.

Remember, When Yuri travelled to the second floor, she took a rout planning to not be discovered. Yet knew when that she had arrived.
    I think that when a regular is teleported to the inner tower, the Ruler and/or Director are immediately aware of their presence.. so it would be easy to figure that someone is taking the guardian test

*sorry for the english.. I'm writing from work, hehehe
    Well she made all that trouble to not be discovered by Evankhell, so its safe to say that they dont have all that control over who enters or leaves theirs floor.
    Although Yuri had Evan with her and he is one of the best guides of the tower, so travelling between floors(specially the second floor) must not be easy.

If someone has an Opera then its another thing though...

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Over 100 posts? Wow I'm really happy that ToG became so well-discussed and popular lately, awesome

Can't add much, despite the fact that this is the most interesting cliffhanger I've seen in ToG for quite a while. Or maybe the most ever, god knows what might happen now.

It's certainly not how I wished for Baam and Koon to finally meet again but I have to hand it to SIU for coming up with this.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast