Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 121

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

  1. #46
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The land of Dreaming
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    Yeah but its still hard unless someone says it in black and white. Here is the formula for bangs and # of them. P=(2x - .75)squared over 2. But I guess not knowing and getting to debate like this is part of fun. I also thought of the single baang that took out the bull, it seem much much bigger then any of the ones hes done since with multiple shots. I think that # of rooms does mean more techniques, and a slight hit on over all power. But does 5 strongest rooms deal more damage then 1 great room? I don't think there has been enough evidence to say just yet...
    Yeah the "formula" I used is just a simplification to explain the concept. It can get more detailed, for example, if with one Bang you use a low shinsoo consuming technique, let's say 10% of your capacity, then would still have 90% or nearly so to use in other Bangs.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    I think it's all about concentration/skill.
    If think about Mazino, what's more powerful? he putting all his strength in a single room or putting all his strength in 2 rooms?
    I don't think that if he creates 2 rooms, their power will be 50% each of a single room. And I don't think that a single formula can calculate it. As the user get more skilled, more rooms he can use, also he could lose less strength on the use of these rooms.
    It's like: Baam can create a second room with almost the same amount of power of a single room, but as he tries to create a third room, he needs more concentration for this new room.. so all 3 rooms would lose an amount of power and the same goes on and on..

    At least it's how I get it.
    The thing here is: you will not "miracly" become stronger the moment you open another Bang. See it this way, Baam at his current level can, at full power, manipulate a certain amount of Shinsoo, I said 1000 just as an example. But in this moment he has a certain limit, like everybody else. Now more bangs are used so that you can perform more techniques at the same time, even if the same technique but in double. So the more Bangs Baam opens the more he will have to divide the amount of Shinsoo he can control right now. In this very fight, the Baam with 3 Bangs opened is as strong as the same Baam seconds later with 5. He just decided to use 5 Bangs instead of 3. But the maximum amount of Shinsoo Baam can control didn't increase because of that. Which means if his full power is 1000 lke I said, it will not turn into 2000, because at Baam current level of power he simply can't control more than 1000 "units" of Shinsoo.

    Of course I agree that to open more Bangs you need more concentration and more skill.

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    756
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    What an epic chapter the only thing I will hate is if Baam will just retreat after seing Koon... I think Rachel had notice Koon's plot and knew that Baam is alive so Rachel group wants to destroy Koon's group with the help of Baam by tricking him that Koon's group is bad

  3. #48
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if he can use more than 5. He didn't use 5 from the start to gauge their strength, then when he felt that 5 was necessary he used it, so it could be he can use more but didn't want to overdo it. I wonder what floor regular Baam is now equal to, he is obviously beyond the regulars on his floor but he isn't on the level of a low class ranker.
    Some people have argued that Baam has already shown more than 5 rooms as he was controlling at least one Lighthouse and five rooms of energy attacks, so 6 rooms. I figure that Baam can use 6-8 rooms. In terms of D-rank, I would think that the normal room max for them would be 7 or 8 rooms, possibly 10, so I would think that Baam is probably equal to a high level D-rank regular right now.

    He established one room in two weeks, and if Ren was telling the truth, Ren was considered a genius for establishing one room in two years. In the approximately 6-7 years since then, Baam has shown the ability to use five rooms, something that no other E-rank regular (I know Baam's an irregular, but that's beside the point for the moment) has shown. Ran and Novick don't know of anyone in the E-rank who can use five rooms, and only about 10 E-rank regulars can use more than three rooms, which obviously means that they can use four rooms, and Baam's the only E-rank person who can use five rooms.

    If Ren was considering a genius for creating one room in two years, I would say that a good wave controller should be able to establish one room in probably four, maybe five, years, and as everyone we're going to meet on the 28th, 29th, and 30th floors have taken longer to climb than Baam has from the 20th to the 30th floor, and the most that they're able to create is four rooms, you could argue that they've been climbing for 12-16, or maybe more, years.

    Spoiler show

  4. #49
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    SIU said that high rankers usually controls 20-30 rooms. so maybe 10 should be a little to much for D level regulars?
    Dunno, it still too foggy
    ...

  5. #50
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    SIU said that high rankers usually controls 20-30 rooms. so maybe 10 should be a little to much for D level regulars?
    Dunno, it still too foggy
    i can't recall where SIU said it, but the ToG wiki claims that it's 30-50 rooms for High Rankers. I would expect that Wave Controllers could control more rooms than your typical High Ranker, plus then we have Enryu and the DBZ joke. I don't know.

    What would you think of 7-8 rooms for the top D-rank regulars? They need to have something more than E-rank regulars. If the most that an E-rank regular can usually manipulate is 4 rooms, then at least two or three more rooms should be necessary. Then again, we don't know to what floor D-rank actually goes. A lot of the E-rank floors are when you're just starting out, so maybe you don't have to be that strong up to that point.

    Spoiler show

  6. #51
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The land of Dreaming
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    If the most that an E-rank regular can usually manipulate is 4 rooms
    It's not "usual" at all. What Novik said is that from the thousands of E-rank regulars probably only 10 could use 3 bangs, among Wave Controllers. So for a E-rank to have 3 is very rare. Only "Monsters" like they said Quatro. So I also doubt that D-rank can again "usually" have 7-8. That might be too much. Of course they have to be stronger than E-rank, even the strongest E-rank, but the number of Bangs isn't the only measure of strength. Still we can't conclude much without understanding the real difference between ranks, ie, what it really means in terms of power.

    The problem here is that we might fall into the miskate of looking at Baam to establish a norm. But Baam is far from normal. Novik was shocked when he saw the 5 Bangs, because that's not something an E-rank would be able to do, even among the top 10, where Novik stands. I would say Baam is already a D-rank regular, and not even a low one. Because even if Baam was fairly weaker than Love he did fairly good against him and the "fight" wasn't even over before Wangnan interropted them. Love is a high C-rank: 2C. That's why I place Baam among D-rank already.
    Last edited by Daniel; January 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM.

  7. #52
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    It's not "usual" at all. What Novik said is that from the thousands of E-rank regulars probably only 10 could use 3 bangs, among Wave Controllers. So for a E-rank to have 3 is very rare. Only "Monsters" like they said Quatro. So I also doubt that D-rank can again "usually" have 7-8. That's too much. Of course they have to be stronger than E-rank, even the strongest E-rank. So I would say they have more than 3, but the number of Bangs isn't the only measure of strength.
    First, you're misinterpreting the use of the word "usually." What I was saying there is that under most circumstances, the most than an E-rank regular should ever be able to manipulate is four rooms. I didn't say that it was commonplace for an E-rank regular to be able to manipulate four rooms.

    The 7-8 rooms I suggested was for the very, very top-tier D-rank Wave Controllers, so basically the top-tier E-rank regulars who level up over time as they become D-rank, you get the idea. I was suggesting 7-8 rooms for the most elite, so basically around 10 guys, the same number who can manipulate four rooms at E-rank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    The problem here is that we might fall into the miskate of looking at Baam to establish a norm. But Baam is far from normal. Novik was shocked when he saw the 5 Bangs, because that's not something an E-rank would be able to do, even among the top 10, where Novik stands. I would say Baam is already a D-rank regular, and not even a low one. Because even if Baam was fairly weaker than Love he did fairly good against him and the "fight" wasn't even over before Wangnan interropted them. Love is a high C-rank: 2C. That's why I place Baam among D-rank already.
    I'm not looking at Baam to establish a norm, more to theorycraft a situation. I also took Ren into account. Did you read my previous post, or did you just zero in on the word "usually" and thought it meant something completely other than what it did? If you looked at my previous post, I stated that I figured Baam right now could be equal to a high-level D-rank Wave Controller.

    In terms of Love, don't confuse overall with C-rank. Just because that's your overall doesn't mean you're C-rank. Love's a Ranker, so while that's the overall he has, he's no longer a regular...It doesn't make Love a C-rank regular.

    On the other hand, Androssi's potential, while still being on the Floor of Test, is 1A, which is higher than Yu Han Sung's current overall, although not his potential. If Androssi only fulfills her original potential, she would end up as a High Ranker.

    Spoiler show

  8. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Now i'm finally calm.

    I think the one who "killed" Teddy was Bunnygirl, and that's the next development SIU promised. Koon getting together with Baam will help to make a plan against the next arc, this is crucial for that.

    Baam using five rooms at once was awesome, owning this foolish arrogant brat of Ran plus the help of Novick it was hyper-awesome. I'm sure for that kind of explosion that the rooms contains a balanced level of Shinsoo from the user, using 5 rooms it would means each have 20% of Baam quantities of Shinsoo to make it. Because after fighting Mazino he showed his true strenght as Wave Controller using it all in his hand, and was a indeed strong enough to go through his weird named attack and scratch him, this is a real feat, hurting an Irregular, so i'll give him credit.

    I didn't understood how Baam could manipulate these three red lighhouse boxes and create a shield with them. If it was introduced before, i passed away... or could be that it wasn't a shield, but his freezing technique that stopped the lightning.

    Weeell, i repeat myself, this was an outstanding chapter, and made my week. Great developments i smelling to the next arc, getting all the protagonists together to something big enough to rumble the tower. Yeah, i missed the princesses

  9. #54
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Now i'm finally calm.

    I think the one who "killed" Teddy was Bunnygirl, and that's the next development SIU promised. Koon getting together with Baam will help to make a plan against the next arc, this is crucial for that.

    Baam using five rooms at once was awesome, owning this foolish arrogant brat of Ran plus the help of Novick it was hyper-awesome. I'm sure for that kind of explosion that the rooms contains a balanced level of Shinsoo from the user, using 5 rooms it would means each have 20% of Baam quantities of Shinsoo to make it. Because after fighting Mazino he showed his true strenght as Wave Controller using it all in his hand, and was a indeed strong enough to go through his weird named attack and scratch him, this is a real feat, hurting an Irregular, so i'll give him credit.

    I didn't understood how Baam could manipulate these three red lighhouse boxes and create a shield with them. If it was introduced before, i passed away... or could be that it wasn't a shield, but his freezing technique that stopped the lightning.

    Weeell, i repeat myself, this was an outstanding chapter, and made my week. Great developments i smelling to the next arc, getting all the protagonists together to something big enough to rumble the tower. Yeah, i missed the princesses
    Baam used five rooms when he crushed Quattro.

    In terms of the lighthouse thing, most of us just assumed he used Triple Field or something and Baam does appear to be a capable Lightbearer as his secondary position. In fact, Baam actually seems to be a much weaker version of Yu Han Sung, just YHS doesn't seem to have Baam's copying ability. YHS is a Wave Controller, who is quite capable as a Lightbearer, plus is physically inept (I would liken that to how Baam took damage from physical sources, such as Wangnan's regular bomb).

    Spoiler show

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Because after fighting Mazino he showed his true strenght as Wave Controller using it all in his hand, and was a indeed strong enough to go through his weird named attack and scratch him, this is a real feat, hurting an Irregular, so i'll give him credit.
    It would be infinitely more impressive if Mazino was actually serious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I didn't understood how Baam could manipulate these three red lighhouse boxes and create a shield with them. If it was introduced before, i passed away... or could be that it wasn't a shield, but his freezing technique that stopped the lightning.
    Lighthouses can "freeze" things. We've only specifically seen that in reference to people (see Mazino talking about bringing an Opera if you want to stop him for even a second), but it is possible that the effect can extend to other things. We just haven't seen it in practice and I don't think SIU has said in a blog post/afterword.

    Also, we don't know if Baam was the one operating the lighthouses this chapter. Reason says he wasn't, but we don't know.

  12. #56
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    I'm just ridiculously excited that we're going to see the meeting we've been waiting so long for. The action was great this chapter, and Bam's apparent LH ability was somewhat surprising. Excitement abounds.

  13. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    You have my thanks again guys. If i recall correctly Bunny was with two boxes and then appeared a third one, sure summoned by Baam. The funny fellow of FUG was supposed to teach Baam about martial skills, hope he won't restrict only to control Shinsoo and going to Fisherman or Spearman whether a situation is required.

  14. #58
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    A great chapter. I like the battle. Baam surely is strong, eh? And the ending. Well, I'm excited to see the next chapter because both have "problems". Baam would think Koon's team killed Horyang, and Koon saw Baam with a person who sent an assassin for him. I wonder who will trust who, haha~ And I actually liked Ran though he thinks too high of himself sometimes, lol. He makes an interesting pairing with Novik.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I think the one who "killed" Teddy was Bunnygirl, and that's the next development SIU promised. Koon getting together with Baam will help to make a plan against the next arc, this is crucial for that.
    I think so too. This female bunny is very suspicious since last chapter with how she tried to stop Baam from advancing too fast. I think she has another assassin ready and that's the one who killed Horyang, unless she can duplicate herself or something to kill Horyang and still walking with Baam. XD

  15. #59
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Some people have argued that Baam has already shown more than 5 rooms as he was controlling at least one Lighthouse and five rooms of energy attacks, so 6 rooms. I figure that Baam can use 6-8 rooms. In terms of D-rank, I would think that the normal room max for them would be 7 or 8 rooms, possibly 10, so I would think that Baam is probably equal to a high level D-rank regular right now.

    He established one room in two weeks, and if Ren was telling the truth, Ren was considered a genius for establishing one room in two years. In the approximately 6-7 years since then, Baam has shown the ability to use five rooms, something that no other E-rank regular (I know Baam's an irregular, but that's beside the point for the moment) has shown. Ran and Novick don't know of anyone in the E-rank who can use five rooms, and only about 10 E-rank regulars can use more than three rooms, which obviously means that they can use four rooms, and Baam's the only E-rank person who can use five rooms.

    If Ren was considering a genius for creating one room in two years, I would say that a good wave controller should be able to establish one room in probably four, maybe five, years, and as everyone we're going to meet on the 28th, 29th, and 30th floors have taken longer to climb than Baam has from the 20th to the 30th floor, and the most that they're able to create is four rooms, you could argue that they've been climbing for 12-16, or maybe more, years.

    that translation is wrong 10 people who can use more than 3 rooms is all wrong....what he said is the entire e-class there is 10 people who can use 3 rooms at once meaning there is no people who can use more than 3 rooms, it is rare those who use 3 rooms at once and he called quatro monster lol


    http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/129/16
    Last edited by salvatore022; January 28, 2013 at 04:13 AM.

  16. #60
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Some people have argued that Baam has already shown more than 5 rooms as he was controlling at least one Lighthouse and five rooms of energy attacks, so 6 rooms. I figure that Baam can use 6-8 rooms. In terms of D-rank, I would think that the normal room max for them would be 7 or 8 rooms, possibly 10, so I would think that Baam is probably equal to a high level D-rank regular right now.

    He established one room in two weeks, and if Ren was telling the truth, Ren was considered a genius for establishing one room in two years. In the approximately 6-7 years since then, Baam has shown the ability to use five rooms, something that no other E-rank regular (I know Baam's an irregular, but that's beside the point for the moment) has shown. Ran and Novick don't know of anyone in the E-rank who can use five rooms, and only about 10 E-rank regulars can use more than three rooms, which obviously means that they can use four rooms, and Baam's the only E-rank person who can use five rooms.

    If Ren was considering a genius for creating one room in two years, I would say that a good wave controller should be able to establish one room in probably four, maybe five, years, and as everyone we're going to meet on the 28th, 29th, and 30th floors have taken longer to climb than Baam has from the 20th to the 30th floor, and the most that they're able to create is four rooms, you could argue that they've been climbing for 12-16, or maybe more, years.
    Good analysis but trouble is that we don't know how room progression works. It could be that it's not linear and after 3 rooms it gets much more difficult to use more rooms. Also with the lighthouse, we're still not sure who is actually controlling them, it could be that baam only controlled them for the shield whilst xia controlled them the rest of the time.

    By the way, with the whole 10 e-class regulars being able to use more than 3 rooms, I believe that was a mistranslation, the mangapirate one just states 3 rooms which would make sense considering how they were talking about quatro

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts