Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    It's not "usual" at all. What Novik said is that from the thousands of E-rank regulars probably only 10 could use 3 bangs, among Wave Controllers. So for a E-rank to have 3 is very rare. Only "Monsters" like they said Quatro. So I also doubt that D-rank can again "usually" have 7-8. That might be too much. Of course they have to be stronger than E-rank, even the strongest E-rank, but the number of Bangs isn't the only measure of strength. Still we can't conclude much without understanding the real difference between ranks, ie, what it really means in terms of power.

The problem here is that we might fall into the miskate of looking at Baam to establish a norm. But Baam is far from normal. Novik was shocked when he saw the 5 Bangs, because that's not something an E-rank would be able to do, even among the top 10, where Novik stands. I would say Baam is already a D-rank regular, and not even a low one. Because even if Baam was fairly weaker than Love he did fairly good against him and the "fight" wasn't even over before Wangnan interropted them. Love is a high C-rank: 2C. That's why I place Baam among D-rank already.
    i think baam is on ranker level
    if u think carefully baam is now FUG member and other FUG members want him to kill Zahard who is 3rd strongest in tower and he have army of strong rankers so he can send rankers to kill baam just like when he send rankers to kill real Anak Zahard .i think FUG may have train baam to fight them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME CHAP. I dun know what baam will do now next chap is gonna be a killer. I think Baam is on league with low class ranker but he wasnt showing every thing he can do like freezig ppl or that vbration strike of FUG or what ever he learnd from Love.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

btw is it official that he is a wave controller who is capable of using lighthouse ie a trainee light bearer by now?
    i mean he did manipulate 3 lighthouse this time

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the SFX of the move Viole used "Kiiiiiiiinng"
    Is the same SFX that happened when Viole froze Yeon's flames, etc.

In today's afterword, SIU mentioned how a good light bearer can increase one's shinsoo usage, so I guess we can say that he was able to stop the spear of lightning because of that.

Now, I'm not sure if it was Viole who moved those lighthouses though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    A great chapter. I like the battle. Baam surely is strong, eh? And the ending. Well, I'm excited to see the next chapter because both have "problems". Baam would think Koon's team killed Horyang, and Koon saw Baam with a person who sent an assassin for him. I wonder who will trust who, haha~ And I actually liked Ran though he thinks too high of himself sometimes, lol. He makes an interesting pairing with Novik.

I think so too. This female bunny is very suspicious since last chapter with how she tried to stop Baam from advancing too fast. I think she has another assassin ready and that's the one who killed Horyang, unless she can duplicate herself or something to kill Horyang and still walking with Baam. XD
    yeah, even if Koon cant tell that its Baam, what will he think now that he knows the bunny girl is nothing more than a wraskly wrabbit. I think he will (if he knows its baam) tell him to get away from her and assume that his trusting friend was duped by her. But if he doesn't know its him he may assume that he is in league with her and attack. If koon goes head to head with Baam I don't think he stands a chance in raw power or over all fighiting technique but I'm sure koon will have some tricks that even out the playing field.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Lighthouses can "freeze" things. We've only specifically seen that in reference to people (see Mazino talking about bringing an Opera if you want to stop him for even a second), but it is possible that the effect can extend to other things. We just haven't seen it in practice and I don't think SIU has said in a blog post/afterword.

Also, we don't know if Baam was the one operating the lighthouses this chapter. Reason says he wasn't, but we don't know.
    Im pretty sure he was the one using the light houses hahaha, because 1: if that girl was helping they would show her in the fight and her reaction at least once,

2: why would he put his hand up right when the spear froze.... It would be retarded if he did that for nothing lol,

and 3: if she was the one using the lighthouses wouldnt of ran attacked her while novick distracted viole, instead of ran attacking the light house? i mean im pretty sure its better to attack the main source. what other evidence do you need lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Good analysis but trouble is that we don't know how room progression works. It could be that it's not linear and after 3 rooms it gets much more difficult to use more rooms. Also with the lighthouse, we're still not sure who is actually controlling them, it could be that baam only controlled them for the shield whilst xia controlled them the rest of the time.

By the way, with the whole 10 e-class regulars being able to use more than 3 rooms, I believe that was a mistranslation, the mangapirate one just states 3 rooms which would make sense considering how they were talking about quatro
    Yeah, I realize now. That throws a wrench into my theory then.

Well, SIU said that High Rankers can control 30-50 rooms, and you'd assume that your average Ranker can control a smaller number of rooms.

It could indeed get exponentially harder to control another room. I'm sure we'll see at some point, but probably not for a good number of months, unless Poken has special E-rank regulars under his command.

Well, it's not clear if Baam summoned one light house as one just appeared when Ran rose above him, or if XiaXia summoned that one as well. It was the same red as XiaXia's which would tend to make you think it was XiaXia's, but it could just be that a certain level of Suspendium in the commonly available lighthouses is red at that point. For example, we know Lero-ro's lighthouse is gold. Apple's is red and Koon's is blue, iirc.

At the very least, we know Baam controlled them for the shield tech, which means that he is a fairly capable lightbearer as well. This lighthouse sort of does seem like it's Baam though as he's bringing it with him. Here, Baam appears to summon the same lighthouse above his head, although I could be wrong. Hopefully SIU will clear it up next chapter.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; January 28, 2013 at 09:20 AM.

Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOO, DON'T STOP NOW!!!

I planned to stop reading to let the chapters pile up, but you can see how that ended up.

Well Baam seems to be doing better than I expected. It's a too bad it isn't clear how much of lighthouse he had and how much (if any) was Rabbit's help.

And is Horyang really dead? Rabbit could have been lying, just how she lied about seeing Novick and Ran kill him. I know he's not immortal but since we saw Baam getting healed by his lobster, the same could happen with Horyang. Perhaps it's just slower because he only has half of the demon.
    Last edited by Razh; January 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Im pretty sure he was the one using the light houses hahaha, because 1: if that girl was helping they would show her in the fight and her reaction at least once,

2: why would he put his hand up right when the spear froze.... It would be retarded if he did that for nothing lol,

and 3: if she was the one using the lighthouses wouldnt of ran attacked her while novick distracted viole, instead of ran attacking the light house? i mean im pretty sure its better to attack the main source. what other evidence do you need lol
    So, you are positing that she is standing around watching the fight doing nothing? That's not going to get Baam to kill Ran/Novic which she seems to want.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    So, you are positing that she is standing around watching the fight doing nothing? That's not going to get Baam to kill Ran/Novic which she seems to want.
    Well if she was doing something, wouldnt SIU be more clear about it? and like i said before why arent they trying to attack her, especially if she is making the lighthouses? Also it seems like she lays alot of traps so if she was actually helping i think they would have been attacked by one like koon was and how she did to viole to slow him down.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Idk maybe i might be wrong, but it sure doesnt seem like she is doing anything

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Yeah, I realize now. That throws a wrench into my theory then.

Well, SIU said that High Rankers can control 30-50 rooms, and you'd assume that your average Ranker can control a smaller number of rooms.

It could indeed get exponentially harder to control another room. I'm sure we'll see at some point, but probably not for a good number of months, unless Poken has special E-rank regulars under his command.

Well, it's not clear if Baam summoned one light house as one just appeared when Ran rose above him, or if XiaXia summoned that one as well. It was the same red as XiaXia's which would tend to make you think it was XiaXia's, but it could just be that a certain level of Suspendium in the commonly available lighthouses is red at that point. For example, we know Lero-ro's lighthouse is gold. Apple's is red and Koon's is blue, iirc.

At the very least, we know Baam controlled them for the shield tech, which means that he is a fairly capable lightbearer as well. This lighthouse sort of does seem like it's Baam though as he's bringing it with him. Here, Baam appears to summon the same lighthouse above his head, although I could be wrong. Hopefully SIU will clear it up next chapter.
    Have we ever seen a lightbearer give someone information telepathically? When Koon was instructing Ran and Novick he had to actually speak so I'm thinking it's not possible. If you look at the second picture you linked, Baam instantly knew where Ran was thanks to the lighthouse without Xia having to say anything so I'd say they were his lighthouses, plus Ran doesn't seem to think that it's Xia controlling these otherwise he would have aimed straight for her rather than the boxes themselves.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Have we ever seen a lightbearer give someone information telepathically? When Koon was instructing Ran and Novick he had to actually speak so I'm thinking it's not possible. If you look at the second picture you linked, Baam instantly knew where Ran was thanks to the lighthouse without Xia having to say anything so I'd say they were his lighthouses, plus Ran doesn't seem to think that it's Xia controlling these otherwise he would have aimed straight for her rather than the boxes themselves.
    No, we haven't seen a lightbearer give someone information telepathically. Baam seems to summon (in reality, make visible, if I understand it correctly) that lighthouse. I think that at least that one was his and XiaXia wasn't doing anything. Remember that I stated that Baam, in my opinion, was using six rooms as he had the five energy attacks, plus the one lighthouse? Now, a high level lighthouse shouldn't need to be directly controlled, but it still takes focus and if you're using it for something, it should be worth a room. Iirc, it's only low level suspendium stuff that needs to be controlled with shinsoo, otherwise it can float on its own. I can't imagine that FUG would've provided Baam with a low quality lighthouse either. Given that YHS is a very capable wave controller/lightbearer, I'm sure that he could've provided some teaching in the use of a lighthouse. Baam has actually shown the most power in the use of a lighthouse so far, but we haven't seen Lero-ro use his, except to show Baam a few things.

XiaXia at least had some with her, but whether or not she retracted hers and Baam used all of his is unclear to me. I'm a little surprised that Baam even took her along if he was this capable of a lightbearer. You'll recall that there's a central lighthouse that you carry with you and then ones you send out in the field, such as how Koon had his primary one and then the one that was traveling with Ran and Novick. Baam doesn't seem to use a primary one in the same way, but neither did Prince when Prince used Triple Field, which is supposedly not a real technique, but...
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; January 28, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Spoiler show

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Review is out (Here is a link for any who are interested)

The poll is on who you think is the mastermind behind the trap Koon and his time find themselves caught in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Holy crap! 70 replies to the discussion thread in less than a day. It's good to see Tower of God get the attention it deserves!
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

Holy crap! 70 replies to the discussion thread in less than a day. It's good to see Tower of God get the attention it deserves!
    No wonder, the manhwa is on fire! xD
    And the workshop battle will be even better D: I wish I could travel to the future lol

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore022 View Post
    that translation is wrong 10 people who can use more than 3 rooms is all wrong....what he said is the entire e-class there is 10 people who can use 3 rooms at once meaning there is no people who can use more than 3 rooms, it is rare those who use 3 rooms at once and he called quatro monster lol

http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/129/16
    No, that translation is wrong.
    It's 10 people who can use 3+.
    He called Quaetro a crazy person, not a monster, lol.

That's why speed scans mess you up.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, FUG is a big organization with what seems to be a pretty wide influence. To have someone like Yu Han Sung on a key position that allows them to track possible candidates immediately...

Well, if they are monitoring Baam to keep him away from his old group (among other things), isn't it possible that they also have people working with Baam's old team to control Baam better. Naturally, that Apple chick is prime suspect. And that picture of Veniamino appeared quite suspicously. Anyway, it's just a possibility. I won't pretend everything fits perfectly when it isn't. This theory wouldn't explain how Baam and Koon could have appeared on the same place. Unless it's some kind of a test for Baam...

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast