Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    With the final theory, I don't see it as being impossible. From what we've seen, lighthouses seem to function like a computer, with the Opera seeming to be comparable to a supercomputer, so with something which is even more powerful than the Opera under Zahard's control I wouldn't say it's impossible for every regular to be monitored on every floor. It's also possible that the Eye of God can hack into every lighthouse in the tower to increase its field of vision.
    I seem to recall one of the groups that translated the early chapters doing math on the number of regulars in the tower. The low answer was hundreds of millions. Even if you have the machinery to watch that many people, assembling the manpower needed is essentially impossible. How many people can someone reasonably watch? 100? You'd have to have at least a million people watching over the regulars then if there is 100 million regulars. And that's an absurdly conservative estimate on the number of observers.

Also, when Ha Jinsung was meeting with Karaka, he suggested that they go elsewhere as the guardian was watching. If the guardians don't care about Zahard then why would he be concerned about being watched by them?
    I'm saying that the guardians aren't Zahard's lackeys and wouldn't feel the need to report their actions to him (seeing as you'd be more likely to say that Zahard works for them, he should be reporting to them, not the other way around), not that they don't necessarily care about anything. (Who knows what they care about)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I seem to recall one of the groups that translated the early chapters doing math on the number of regulars in the tower. The low answer was hundreds of millions. Even if you have the machinery to watch that many people, assembling the manpower needed is essentially impossible. How many people can someone reasonably watch? 100? You'd have to have at least a million people watching over the regulars then if there is 100 million regulars. And that's an absurdly conservative estimate on the number of observers.

I'm saying that the guardians aren't Zahard's lackeys and wouldn't feel the need to report their actions to him (seeing as you'd be more likely to say that Zahard works for them, he should be reporting to them, not the other way around), not that they don't necessarily care about anything. (Who knows what they care about)
    Well, it could be automated, there does seem to be AI in the TOG story considering the introduction of Emile so it's entirely possible. Even if they're not watching every single regular in the tower, I would think that they would at least try to keep track of FUG's members, regardless of how little of a threat they see them as, though I guess that would raise the question of why they made it obvious to everyone that Viole was a slayer candidate.

But again, if there is no risk of the guardians reporting their actions to Zahard, why would Ha Jinsung care enough about the guardian watching for him to go somewhere else.
    Last edited by abc1233; January 29, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But again, if there is no risk of the guardians reporting their actions to Zahard, why would Ha Jinsung care enough about the guardian watching for him to go somewhere else.
    Reporting things you see is different than reporting things you do. Also, it is both highly possible and highly probable that FUG has run afoul with the guardians (If I was FUG, I'd try to get them to undo Zahard's immortality), so he could want to avoid them because they don't like FUG even if they don't necessarily plan on telling Zahard.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Reporting things you see is different than reporting things you do. Also, it is both highly possible and highly probable that FUG has run afoul with the guardians (If I was FUG, I'd try to get them to undo Zahard's immortality), so he could want to avoid them because they don't like FUG even if they don't necessarily plan on telling Zahard.
    But if they are willing to report everything they see like a lackey then it's likely that they're willing to report what they do as well if they really are supporting Zahard. Why is it highly probable? FUG has displayed nothing against the guardians, just against Zahard himself. The guardians entered into a contract with Zahard, I doubt they can just break it if they feel like it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But if they are willing to report everything they see like a lackey then it's likely that they're willing to report what they do as well if they really are supporting Zahard.
    Trying to act like reporting what you see is the same as reporting what you do is absurd. Reporting what you see doesn't make you a lackey because it doesn't have anything to do with you. And we have no idea if they go to him with information or if they just answer when asked. That makes a huge difference.

Why is it highly probable? FUG has displayed nothing against the guardians, just against Zahard himself. The guardians entered into a contract with Zahard, I doubt they can just break it if they feel like it.
    And why couldn't they break it? Because they fear being reamed in court for breach of contract? If you have the power to make someone immortal, you have the power to take it away.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

And why couldn't they break it? Because they fear being reamed in court for breach of contract? If you have the power to make someone immortal, you have the power to take it away.
    Probably... but Enryu proved that Guardians can be killed. They probably don't fear Zahard, but just breaking the contract out of nowhere wouldn't be wise. Zahard forces could kill a Guardian too, the problem is that with it the shinsoo on the floor would be dead and no good comes from it.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Anyway, I don't think that the Guardians go reporting things to Zahard. But I do think that he has a great reach over the matters in the tower and an irregular taking guardian tests wouldn't slip through his eyes. Remember, we don't know how, but Yuri knew that an irregular entered the tower almost instantly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Probably... but Enryu proved that Guardians can be killed. They probably don't fear Zahard, but just breaking the contract out of nowhere wouldn't be wise. Zahard forces could kill a Guardian too, the problem is that with it the shinsoo on the floor would be dead and no good comes from it.
    I dont really think thats really possible by zahard forces since most of them are regulars and are hevily bounded by the law of the tower which the guardians have total conrol on. Only ones capable of Killing guardians will be zahard himself, but i dont see him being that powerful i mean i see him to be below the guardian level

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the guardians break the contract with Zahard, wouldn't the laws that possibly prevent his forces to kill a guardian also be lifted?
    Also, Zahard is pretty strong himself. Arie Hon, who is the strongest warrior of the 10 families said that he could never beat Zahard.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to act like reporting what you see is the same as reporting what you do is absurd. Reporting what you see doesn't make you a lackey because it doesn't have anything to do with you. And we have no idea if they go to him with information or if they just answer when asked. That makes a huge difference.

Never said it's the same, read again, I said the implications of them reporting what they see make it likely that they are willing to report what they do as well. If they are willing to report what they see to Zahard then that suggests that they are in support of him or at the very least have been forced to support him, otherwise why would they report it? If they don't answer to Zahard and are apathetic to all that he does or are actually against him then they wouldn't report what they see. Now if they are in support of him (or are forced to be), why is it so hard to imagine that they will report a potentially dangerous irregular who takes a guardian test to him as well.

Because contracts by their very nature suggests repercussions should they be broken. Headon clearly plays a part in FUG and if he speaks for the rest of the guardians then that suggests that they want to get rid of Zahard but cannot simply revoke the contract otherwise they would have done so already

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Arie Hon, who is the strongest warrior of the 10 families said that he could never beat Zahard.
    well arie hon no being able to beat zahard doesnt really mean that zahard can really kill a guardian. Enryu is actually ranked above zahard remember?
    not saying zahard CANT kill guardian but i really dont think his forces can do that.
    MAYBE zahard can equalize at best but his minions killing a guardian i dun think so. AND if the contract is nullified the regulars who are in the zahard force cant use shinsoo...
    so only ppl who defy the law of tower can actually do that.. so it will be only the irregulars or so i think it works

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    well arie hon no being able to beat zahard doesnt really mean that zahard can really kill a guardian. Enryu is actually ranked above zahard remember?
    not saying zahard CANT kill guardian but i really dont think his forces can do that.
    MAYBE zahard can equalize at best but his minions killing a guardian i dun think so. AND if the contract is nullified the regulars who are in the zahard force cant use shinsoo...
    so only ppl who defy the law of tower can actually do that.. so it will be only the irregulars or so i think it works
    So basically Zahard + 10 family heads. Wouldn't be surprised if they can kill a guardian together

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically Zahard + 10 family heads. Wouldn't be surprised if they can kill a guardian together
    This
    That's what I was trying to say.. Zahard's forces are his supporters. If they have no contracts, they are irregulars and don't abide for no law. Anyway.. I think this discussion is more for the hangout thread than to the chapter thread

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

may be IF zahard is with them, IF the guardian is outnumbered fby 11 to 1 then possibly but who knows. I dun see this battle happening in the first placeand not to mention that the zahard forces might incur heavy causality themselves too

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gelcertified's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sucker for me, but I've just read the latest chapter now, and it was AWESOME!!!!
    Koon and Baam are going to meet!! Yay! I just hope they won't get into a misunderstanding and ends up fighting cuz that'll so break my heart...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sjmiii's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think much is going to happen between those two. Koon is not the type to just let Viole go, especially if he knew he was really Baam. Also, considering that this arc is just a prelude to the next one I am not expecting any resolutions at all but I am looking forward to the upcoming twist.

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast