Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 377 Discussion/378 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 377 Spoiler Discussion Thread

http://www.mangapanda.com/gantz/377

looking at all this hype, after this fight, it may very well be the end of gantz, this really looks like a series climax...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

7. March ... again 3 weeks , i wonder why , 'cause Oku is so freaking lazy at the moment , he reused the same panel for Blondie all the time and isnt even drawing backgrounds anymore if someone is talking , so he could easily release a chapter every week , lol .

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Has Kei actually survived a mission without being injured before? Which body parts do you think will be first to go in 378?
    I'd rather say something like 381 or even 385. I bet the next chapter will end before the fight starts.
    I'd say Kei will first lose an arm.

Honestly I liked this chapter, I was expecting some uber boring pacing, lol'd at the "I'll be back" line.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did literally all of the Gantzers on the ship forget that they had guns and could just kill whatever the hell the giant's name is in like 5 seconds?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say, I was waiting for this fight for such a long time... And it finally gonna happen !
    Well I'm amazed by the author though... Always able to make you hate the " people " around the heroes, they disgust me personally

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Gantz become a shounen when I wasn't looking? I mean, yes, Kurono was inevitably going to fight this guy, but to do it out of some heroic "world savior" mentality seems to go against everything that we've been shown about Kurono in the series. What made Gantz awesome was that the characters are all unequivocally and disgustingly human. They are all flawed in serious ways. Kurono is a selfish bitch; he was never the hero, he was never the one to lay down his life for everyone else - that was always Kato. Not to say he hasn't done heroic things; but they were always very much out of self-interest, and almost always related to a girl. For the past 200 chapters, that is Tae-chan, but before that it was Sei (his first time) and Kei ("big-breasted bitch"). And his weakness, his fear, his self-interest is precisely what makes him relatable, unlike most shounen main characters who are absurdly and unrealistically selfless, though extremely admirable.

I hate that the plot took this direction that essentially boiled everything down to "the human race, including your girlfriend, is going to be wiped out if you don't fight the big boss alien." There were other ways to get to the big fight that wouldn't have essentially undone 370 chapters of character development. Just my two cents; I still enjoy reading Gantz and I am in no way a hater, but I feel like it has lost a lot of its original appeal and premise. The characteristic seinen blood and sex is still there, but that's not what made Gantz great - it was and always has been the characters, and I think the characters are precisely what have suffered so much in Part 3.
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurono, since Tae's death, he has become like that... Did you see his fight against the Oni aliens Boss ? How he never stopped fighting against him while he had only one thing on his mind : Tae

It's the same too, he's fighting to protect her first, that hasn't changed at all. If he doesn't fight against that guy, she may die, and he can die too and not only that, but his friends too would die

No matter how " harsh " a Seinen is, it will never ever keep up without doing this, the best example is Berserk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

How the hell did Gonde lose when he can take on a ship full of Gantzers in his small cloths?

Oku oh Oku, your ways are truly incomprehencible.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr.danly View Post
    Did Gantz become a shounen when I wasn't looking? I mean, yes, Kurono was inevitably going to fight this guy, but to do it out of some heroic "world savior" mentality seems to go against everything that we've been shown about Kurono in the series. What made Gantz awesome was that the characters are all unequivocally and disgustingly human. They are all flawed in serious ways. Kurono is a selfish bitch; he was never the hero, he was never the one to lay down his life for everyone else - that was always Kato. Not to say he hasn't done heroic things; but they were always very much out of self-interest, and almost always related to a girl. For the past 200 chapters, that is Tae-chan, but before that it was Sei (his first time) and Kei ("big-breasted bitch"). And his weakness, his fear, his self-interest is precisely what makes him relatable, unlike most shounen main characters who are absurdly and unrealistically selfless, though extremely admirable.

I hate that the plot took this direction that essentially boiled everything down to "the human race, including your girlfriend, is going to be wiped out if you don't fight the big boss alien." There were other ways to get to the big fight that wouldn't have essentially undone 370 chapters of character development. Just my two cents; I still enjoy reading Gantz and I am in no way a hater, but I feel like it has lost a lot of its original appeal and premise. The characteristic seinen blood and sex is still there, but that's not what made Gantz great - it was and always has been the characters, and I think the characters are precisely what have suffered so much in Part 3.
    Kei's changes are obvious to anyone who's been following Gantz for the last few years, that's the 370 chapters of character development you're talking about. If you're still looking for Kei the "selfish bitch" at this point then you might as well have read through the story in one sitting, missed half the story and got absolutely nothing out of it

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Man Oku sure knows how to drag a chapter. Hope this will be the final fight. Can't take any more of this.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr.danly View Post
    Did Gantz become a shounen when I wasn't looking?
    Gantz became a shonen series all the way back when Kei formed the team and started training them. At that point in time it stopped being a struggle for survival and more of a shonen "let's collect points to revive our friends" series.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange that Oku started the Third Phase as an all out war to then regain his concept of the Boss fight. The Shapeshifting alien was more of a last boss than the so called strongest alien invader.

Oh well, I guess he can bring back the points again, how much in Gonde worth? XD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To everyone saying this is a Shonen it most definitely is not. Kurono has been the man ever since he fought the vampires and died. I'm actually glad that he's been called out because at least everyone knows that he will be their savior after all is said and done. Anyways great chapter in terms of setting up the final showdown but I do expect to see possibly another main character or two die before the series ends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    To everyone saying this is a Shonen it most definitely is not.
    What a compelling rebuttal. I've completely changed my mind. /rolleyes

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    How the hell did Gonde lose when he can take on a ship full of Gantzers in his small cloths?

Oku oh Oku, your ways are truly incomprehencible.
    "Is that so? Hmm, no matter. Stranger things have happened." - Sieglinde of Catarina

Also
    "I guess no christmas this year" mixed with laughter and tears
    I don't know why, but I found that VIP post to freaking funny.
    Last edited by EliteBeatAgents; February 13, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast