Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 188

Thread: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

  1. #16
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Natural order is reinstablished, Naruto gets bashed by Sasuke fans
    @Kid Chameleone, I'll probably hit you with a wall of text.
    Be prepared

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    this was a response to another post but i thought it should be a thread, what do you guys think? imho these are the reasons naruto sucks as a main character and whats holding him and the story back

    1. narutos fights are all easy( well easier for him) - everytime he fights someone they get amnesia or turn into fodder nin and dont do half the things theyve shown before, simply because naruto is too stupid and under developed to face an enemy at full strength so they get dumbed down

    examples:
    naruto vs kakuza - naruto beat him by using the same bait and switch tech even though he was fighting kakashi, ino and chouji at the same time not to mention he fought the first and lived for almost 100 years meaning his battle experience alone should make narutos heart stop

    naruto vs pain - they all attacked him 1 by 1

    Naruto, bee vs obito/6 jinchuriki - 6 jin plus obito cant take out naruto? for real...?

    naruto vs kyuubi - kyuubi is said to destroy mountains and cause tsunamis in one tail swing but naruto beats it with simple kage bushin, rasengan combo
    Your perception, which is, forgive me, flawled ( I'll concede on Naruto vs Kakuzu, that was retarded ):
    -Naruto vs Pein: they didn't attack him one by one, they simply went on the defensive while Deva regained his powers, and the only Path that could pose a threat to a Sage Mode user was the only one that attacked, Animal Realm.
    Let's just resume it, will you?
    1. Preta Path: Attacked Naruto, got one-shotted
    2. Human Realm: totally useless in a direct fight
    3. Asura Realm: got one-shotted beforehand
    4. Animal Path: attacked Naruto
    5. Deva Path: coincidentally regaining his power a moment before being hit by FRS
    6. Hell Realm: totally useless in a direct fight and too important to be lost

    -Naruto & Bee vs 6 Jinchuurikis: your reason is "NO WAY NARUTO CAN'T WIN", provide a reasonable motive for it

    -Naruto vs Kyuubi: lol this proves just how irrational your hate is.
    Kyuubi wasn't brought down by KB + Rasengan, was brought down by, in order, A FRS, 100 clones clad with Nature energy empowered Oodama Rasengans, another FRS to add to the first that initially blocked Kyuubi's movements.
    In total, 3 FRS and 100 Oodama Rasengans. And even then it only let Naruto stole a part of Kyuubi's chakra

    Quote Quote:
    2. naruto is ninja jesus without effort - why does he get all these power ups? uzumaki, son of the 4th, child prodigy, jinchuriki, sage like wtf its too much and the thing that pisses me off the most is that he doesnt make the most of these forms he simply rushes off and gets a new one. he never fully masters that power he rushes off, loses, then gets thrown a 2 second training arc that takes no effort and is dumbed down for him

    examples:

    lives with jiraiya for almost 2 years, comes back with bigger rasengan

    wind chakra: instead of finishing his wind training he gets new rasengan and rushes off. kishi couldve easily had him finish it off screen but wever

    sage mode: he hasnt shown half the abilities jiraya showed and jirayas wasnt even finished, not to mention hes only shown frog fu and again new rasengans

    kyuubi mode: didnt fully master kyuubi mode just ran off and became bffffffgfffgsomglolz with the kyuubi in like 0.5 seconds giving him the biggest power boost with no considerable effort even though the kyuubi hated him and wanted revenge last time we saw him

    you dont have to be the child prodigy, chuck norris and bruce lee all into one to be the main character, he has too many power ups and needs to have some taken away cause its getting ridiculous no one else has that much packed into them
    this is rich.
    Being an Uzumaki or son of Yondaime are power ups now I guess fodders like Fugaku are even better, since they descend directly from Rikudou Sennin
    Also lol at him reaching power ups without effort ( hello? Uchiha and their Sharingan having 294785903875759 free powers called. Hello? Hashirama called. Hello? Kabuto and his 284748 milkshake power up called ), no power up was achieved without effort bar Bijuu Mode, and that was after 570 chapters.

    Also no one has the same power?
    Lord Madara and Tobito has just as much if not much more, having Sharingan, Rin'negan, Mokuton and control over Juubi.


    Quote Quote:
    3. his fighting style/ brain - his base stats are garbage, not to mention the fact he needs someone to hold his hand in every fight, he cant think for himself and never trains fully he just rushes off into a new battle in hopes of seeing the one that got away...sasuke-kun

    examples:

    when has he ever worked on hand to hand, ninjutsu or chakra control outside of a time when plot demanded it? part 1 he was always busting his ass but now he has a game shark and the cheat codes to power up whenever he wants

    he cant hold his own and always needs someone to think or save him
    Base stat are shit?

    No Kyuubi Naruto did, in order:
    -Beat Kiba
    -Forced Gaara to use his Bijuu Mode
    -Tied with Kabuto
    -Beat Kakuzu
    -Wounded Kyuubi strongly enough to steal his chakra
    -Beat 3rd Raikage

    Yeah, he's incredibly incompetent. So incompetent that, even without using Kyuubi powers, he still has more wins under his belt than most characters.
    Same characters that, without their golden ability, would be dead now

    Quote Quote:
    ALL OF HIS FIGHTS END IN KAGE BUSHIN BAIT AND SWITCH RASENGAN COMBO

    naruto vs itachi - http://www.mangareader.net/93-266-1/...apter-261.html
    naruto vs kakuza - http://www.mangareader.net/93-346-10...apter-341.html
    naruto vs pain - http://www.mangareader.net/93-447-18...apter-442.html
    naruto vs kyuubi - http://www.mangareader.net/93-53820-...apter-499.html
    naruto vs obito - http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/598/15

    naruto fights are all recycled to the point where i dont even read his fights anymore, i just give them a quick scan and hope something new happens and where the fuck are his new techs? can i get a tornado of atleast a gust of wind ffs. come on kishi even pidgey learns gust at lvl 6
    Of the ones you linked, only Naruto vs Kakuzu ended that way
    -With the Itachi clone, the switch was made by Kakashi
    -With Pein it wasn't a switch, but him using clones as a rocket launcher
    -With Kyuubi, he used clones to overpower him
    -With Obito, it was a combined strategy made by him and Kakashi

    ^ All the above have different endings, even if they end always with a rasengan, true

    Naruto is that kind of manga, deal with it, no character has that kind of versatility you want, bar Madara and maybe Kakashi

    Quote Quote:
    4. narutos motivation - naruto just wants to save sasuke and get his fudge packed. early in the manga it was about defying destiny and carving your name into history, now its all about sasuke. sauske this, sasuke that. get over it already! its at the point where i cant even remember when naruto did something on his own and not having his driving motivation being sasuke and honestly its kinda gay and his dedication to someone who has made it clear they dont want or need to be saved and is completely capable of taking down kage level nin is kinda really gay. i have no problem with gay people but its not right how far naruto is going for him, even if he is his best friend theres a point to call it quits people have to come to their own decisions.
    Read the last... How many there were... 100+ chapters, where Naruto kinda fights to save the world and his friends, talking about the Sauce only with Itachi.
    His speeches are Sasuke-free since a lot of time

    Quote Quote:
    5. naruto stupidity - this shit need to end, i know hes stupid but theres a limit to how stupid people are and simply saying hes stupid doesnt mean you can simply forget about teaching him new jutsu and have him develop a thought other than his hard on for sasuke.
    kishi simply covering up narutos faults with hes stupid is garbage. i know a lot of so called ''stupid'' people and they arent as hopeless as naruto.
    Take it with Kishi, he still showed pretty ingenious strategies in this war, except against Nagato.
    But when Naruto is dumbed down its because he's dumb, when those against Naruto don't show an IQ of 2048 is because Naruto is main character

    Quote Quote:
    the problem isnt with sasuke its with naruto. naruto is potrayed as a fuckin idiot who cant do things for himself while sasuke is taking on kage level nin all by himself.
    *coughcough* Karin *coughcough* Tobi *coughcough* Taka *coughcough* Orochimaru *coughcough* Itachi *coughcough*

    Quote Quote:
    we dont hate naruto, we prefer sasuke becuase sasuke has interesting fights and does things for himself as opposed to this so called ''child saviour'' who cant learn a new fucking jutsu or think for himself even though hes the ninja equivalent of jesus

    naruto hate comes from his lack of skills and him being a boring 1 dimensional character
    sasuke hate comes from sasuke doing all the things naruto is supposed to
    The Sasuke hate got explained pretty well by Delbi above ^
    The Naruto hate comes from:
    10% of people hating Naruto because he's a dumb happy guy
    50% comes from Sasuke fans eating their liver in jealousy because Naruto gets stronger than their favourite character
    20% comes from people genuinely unhappy with the story
    20% comes with people going with the flow of the chapters, now we see Naruto hate because the chapter sucks just like, during the Kabuto vs Uchiha bros fight, there was Sasuke hate because he took part of a dumb fight with the role of the damsel in distress


    tl;dr you are blinded by your hate of Naruto and can't see things by what they are, and while you make some valid post, most of it are just things you confused in your hate, not legit reasons as to why Naruto is a broken main character and where Sasuke's hate come from.
    Your post lacks objectivity, which is a focal point in proving one's point.
    If you are horribly biased towards the characters you are discussing, you'll just convey your hate, not your intended message

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by samsiufan View Post
    @Delbi - I don't even think Sasuke is a winner (he has not got the mentality to be one) and I think he has been saved several times and also by yours truly (Naruto). I personally don't hate Sasuke what I dislike is people hating on Naruto yet turning a blind eye to Sasuke (why? because they think he is a genius?)

    Sasuke has always been weak-minded and always will be. He is easily manipulated. May be after his trip to find the one who knows it all, he will become emotionally stable. My simple diagnosis is this...If Jiraiya's definition of what makes a nin is true, then Sasuke is as far from a nin as he could ever be!

    People like Lebron James are winners and have the mentality to back it up not just inbred talent!
    Sasuke doesn't have the mentality of a winner? Sasuke has literally gone to the ends of the earth, allied himself with the most dangerous people possible in search for power. He's succeeded at everything he's done in life. Just because he's an asshole doesn't make him a loser.

    And again, you fail to understand Sasuke if you think he is "weak minded". The guy keeps chugging along on willpower despite his world continually being shattered. If he was "weak-minded' he would have curled up into a ball the day his brother killed his family. Instead, he trained himself everyday, and kept training and looking for power until he confronted his brother, and then did so with no fear until he was nearly killed. Even with no chakra left he didn't give up until he was literally backed into a corner.

    You also say he is easily manipulated, and yet he's the one been doing the manipulating. He tricked Konoha, tricked Orochimaru (who is no his subordinate) tricked Obito. Make no mistake, Sasuke plays games with those he is with to his own ends and his own ends alone. He is patient, and knows the right time to strike, and is likewise conscious of his own short comings (he admitted he could not defeat Orochimaru unless he was sick).

    And not to say anything, but Lebron has played the sore loser card more than most. Sasuke is no inbred, and the fact that Lebron has more natural talent than nearly any human beng on the planet kind of goes against his "winner" mentality. Michael Jordan has a winners mentality because he hated losing more than he loved winning. Lebron isn't like that lol.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #18
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: why naruto is a broken main character/ where sasuke hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Ask yourselves this. Why are most athletes like Lebron James, Tom Brady, and Derek Jeter hated so much by people who don't root for them? Because they are great at what they do, and always win. People don't like winners they can't root for, and Sasuke is a prime example of this, hence why he is hated so much.
    People hate Lebron or Nadal in tennis because, as you said, they are great at what they do despite their obvious lack of skills, which is compensated by explosive athleticism and little more ( which in Lebron's case is kinda false since he can virtually cover every spot from 1 to 4 in both body and skills ).
    A tennis lover will always like more Federed than Nadal, because Federer is everything, while Nadal is 70% body, 20% left arm, 10% skill. This doesn't change the fact that Nadal proved to be better in direct confrontation, and this fuels hate, imo, even more which kinda relates to this topic:

    Sasuke is like Federer and Nadal all mixed into one, meaning incredible skills and "unfair" great advantages

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #19
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Actually, I think there are far more Naruto haters than Sasuke ones, which is why this thread is even more pointless. Each person has a different taste, so debating about that has no meaning nor end. That was proved numerous times in chapter discussions so these kind of topics should be, like, locked or deleted. It inspires flaming.
    I think the haters are rather equal. And to be quite honest, that balance has only shifted in recent years. Ask ninjabot, Sasuke and Itachi used to be HATED on these forums. Let us not forget the "Jirayia hair defense" against Amaterasu that so many loved to use.

    ---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    People hate Lebron or Nadal in tennis because, as you said, they are great at what they do despite their obvious lack of skills, which is compensated by explosive athleticism and little more ( which in Lebron's case is kinda false since he can virtually cover every spot from 1 to 4 in both body and skills ).
    A tennis lover will always like more Federed than Nadal, because Federer is everything, while Nadal is 70% body, 20% left arm, 10% skill. This doesn't change the fact that Nadal proved to be better in direct confrontation, and this fuels hate, imo, even more
    Lebron and Sasuke are great examples of people who have not only great natural talent, but amazing skill on top of it. It frustrates people that someone could be so naturally gifted and then also have amazing.
    Last edited by Delbi; January 22, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: why naruto is a broken main character/ where sasuke hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    Lol yeah i know i didnt eveb say i hafed naruto as a character all i said is that hes broken and needs some improvement but exodi pounced on my ass wothout fully reading or comprehending what i said. I said he needs to improve becuase as he inow he is a broken and boring 1 dimsensioal character i didnt say he had to be kakashi or even minato all i made a proper list of hat he needs to fixed from an unbaised opinion. I took evey cooll nin and compared nsruto andshowed what he was missing that woule mak him a great ninja. He already has the heart and drive to get things done but hes traits alone cant and shouldnt have allowed him to make it this far without losing an arm or a leg

    He s stupid and it would be nice to see a new strategy other than bait and switch. Unreasonable? No

    He could learn a new jutsu. He doesnt need 1000 but you need more than kb and rasengan to win a fight hes facing ninja like madara and the raikage now you need more than two moves and a playground battle strategy to be winning these fightz. The bait and switch shouldve died in part one but hes constantly using it and constantly spamming the rasengan which is a close range tech, how is he supposed to get close to someone like madara or sasuke who have op moves like amaterasu and susanno? Youre telling me hes gonna do the same old bait and switch on someone like madsra or sasuke? Get the fuck outta here that shit didnt work on sasuke in part 1 hes always destroyed narutos clones with ease so sayjng his hand to hand needs improvement isnt a strech

    His motivation is solely sasuke! If that isnt weird or suspect to you than thats your own thing but making naruto so dedicsted to someone who can clearly take care of themselves and is known to be hard headed is weird. As i said theyre "bestfriends" and as a best friend he should let sasuke fijd his own path and come back on his own. Him trying to force him back home simply shows hes still has mind of a child and csnt see thjngs from other prespectives limiting the amount of chsrscter growth and acutally hindering his relationship with sasuke. His constant obsession has blinded to the truth that he is nowhere near kage level and its as sasuke stated at oros hideout "if you got time for chase me you should be off training"(or something like that). Naruto needs to build on his own strengths and find his own path again cause now hes simply doing things and living for the sake of sasuke. He needs to be his own man and go back to the ""my way of the ninja" naruto that we came to know and love

    Itd be nice to see naruto do some oher thing, im not bashing being hinest but of course naruto fan boys are gonna gank me like exodi. Thats the problem with forums and discussions today. People see opinion and observation as an attack without fully understanding what people are trying to say. I didnt say naruto was a bad or terrible main character i simply said he is broken because when you compare him to other njn hes simply strong becuase of kyuubi and sage mode take those away and theres no way in hell hed still be alive or able to fight sasuke on par. He needs to work on his base skills and strengthen his mind and stop relying on othrrs so much.


    If you really think everything i said about naruto is wrong than please prove otherwise. I am not bashing just pointing out his flaws. If i wanted to talk about his good qualities i would say hes loyal, hardworking, never gives up, funny, reliable but the thread is called "why naruto is a broken character" if youre a real fan of natuto you can admit he has flaws, you dont need to pounce on someone if they make an opinion or voice a thought and one joke isnt enough to make you cometely shut down a thread even though it hhas valid points (cough, cough, exodi cough) if yiu have an opinion please state it but if your gonna put on a cape and jump to narutoz rescue please dont comment. Have an open mind naruto isnt perfect and does need tweaks to his chsracter like every character. Nobody is perfect so dont act like naruto is cuase without kyuubi or sage hed be 6 feet under by now. As i siad i want him to be his own man but its too close to the end...

    ---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

    Saying naruto doesnt need improvment is like saying a 600 pound guy doesnt need to lose weight simply becuase he gets things done. Even if he gets shit done theres always room for self improvment

    ---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

    People excuse the fact nsruto is an idiot simply cuase he can do cool things im saying fuck all that jazz and learn to stand on your own feet naruto like honestly guys he cant even do a one handed rasengan after 3 years. What does he work on besides power ups?
    Seeing my name so many times in someone else's post is so weird. O_O

    I'll apologize for insulting your intelligence by telling you your interpretation was juvenile. I still stand by everything else I said, however. Also, notice how I never responded to your response. Maybe, somehow, I saw and understood some of the points you made. Or perhaps I was just waiting for another chance to "gank" you. You decide.


    Lastly, I'll address the fanboy part, the part I least want to address, because I'm way too old for that:

    Trying to defend the main character doesn't always necessarily equate to "fanboyism".
    I merely offered my own interpretation of Naruto's character, though admittedly maybe harshly shutting you down in the process (probably because the tone of your posts is extremely frustrated). Like someone else said, it all really is just a matter of opinion, so we all can benefit from choosing our words carefully.

    In the future, however, if you want someone to take you seriously, try thinking about what you're writing and how it sounds to people who are reading it. Uchiha_Blood said it pretty well, I think.

    Conclusion:

    Naruto is the main character who has gone from being hated by most everyone to being loved by the entire village. The way he fights is simple, yes, but it is unique to him, and I believe changing that changes how we'd perceive him as well. .

    That is all.
    Last edited by Exodi; January 22, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

  10. #21
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Rinnegan is the true broken character. Just look at Madara and Nagato - they had to be tweaked to avoid owning the enemies outright. The Rinnegan can own Sasuke and Naruto simply with chakra absorption, to name one out of many ways. It took Kabuto screwing Nagato up and rule of Edo Tensei for Itachi to save Naruto and Bee from Nagato, and Madara is using Mokuton for the lulz.

    Since Naruto and Sasuke's fighting style uses up tons of chakra, like Susano'o and Kyuubi's chakra, they'd get owned with Rinnegan.



    Sasuke is hated because people don't like how good he is. They like accusing him of getting free powerups or asspulls because they like Naruto over Sasuke. Pretty sure you can't accuse Sasuke of gettin powerups on platter or powerups without a cost or asspulls without accusing Naruto as well. And if you do, it just shows how biased you are, and that your posts aren't wholly valid.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #22
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    This thread....all I see is pure flaming...

  13. #23
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    IMO, I like Naruto a lot. His ability to be Epic has proven second to none in this manga.

    The only thing I dislike about his character is his tree hugging forever opportunistic side. Although that has changed recently with the death of Neji much to my liking.

    Other than that, his stupidity, character regression, and childishness are all thanks to Kishi destroying his and most of these characters. I don't hate Naruto for that, but Kishi for being such a shitty writer and butchering characters like Naruto, Sakura and Danzou.
    Last edited by Delbi; January 22, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #24
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke is hated because people don't like how good he is. They like accusing him of getting free powerups or asspulls because they like Naruto over Sasuke. Pretty sure you can't accuse Sasuke of gettin powerups on platter or powerups without a cost or asspulls without accusing Naruto as well. And if you do, it just shows how biased you are, and that your posts aren't wholly valid.
    What I don't understand is why one needs to bring up Sasuke when he's talking about Naruto and the other way around.
    Saying that Sasuke gets free power ups its the objective truth, and bringing up Naruto doesn't it make any more legit, same thing with Naruto.

  16. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Iran
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Actually, I think there are far more Naruto haters than Sasuke ones, which is why this thread is even more pointless. Each person has a different taste, so debating about that has no meaning nor end. That was proved numerous times in chapter discussions so these kind of topics should be, like, locked or deleted. It inspires flaming.
    I am here since 2008 ( but I signed up in 2009 ) ....
    and back then people didn't bash on Naruto so much .... some people ( and myself ) had problem with some issue like reviving konoha ninja and etc .... but after kage summit and Kishi new style ( trying to make manga super epic with jesus no jutsu , big no jutsu , TNJ , Edo tenssi and etc ... ) more people come and criticism Naruto manga ....

    and honestly , I didn't hate Naruto and saw him as acceptable main character till kage summit arc but after that kishi turned him to Jesus and Naruto saying big things without thinking about it , then I hate him . ....

    and about Sasuke .... well he was better character till the end of kage summit arc .... after that he wasn't in manga and I really don't like his new style .... he rushing to his end without having a plane for after his revenge mission .... and Susanoo is lame ....

    Kishi turned Sasuke to 2nd Itachi ....
    Last edited by shafagh; January 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
    خداحافظ

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #26
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    What I don't understand is why one needs to bring up Sasuke when he's talking about Naruto and the other way around.
    Saying that Sasuke gets free power ups its the objective truth, and bringing up Naruto doesn't it make any more legit, same thing with Naruto.
    That's the proof that they can't be talked about individually without comparing one to another. When you say "Naruto", Sasuke automatically screams backwards and vice versa. They're two opposites, and naturally when they're discussed, their opposite side is bound to be mentioned, that being hate or liking.

  19. #27
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    What I don't understand is why one needs to bring up Sasuke when he's talking about Naruto and the other way around.
    Saying that Sasuke gets free power ups its the objective truth, and bringing up Naruto doesn't it make any more legit, same thing with Naruto.
    Because both are related to each other in a way, they're connected. It's been said both are destined to fight each other at the end. It's much like Goku vs. Vegeta (but Sasuke's more important than Vegeta <_<) or Harry Potter vs. Voldemort. so6pww brought up Sasuke even when nobody did, and somehow concluded that people wanted Sasuke to fight Madara and thougth he'd save the day though no one to my recollection has said that.

    Sasuke getting free powerups is subjective, based on what one thinks about him. You can't say the same with Naruto, considering the Kyuubi and all. the thing is, people bring up Sasuke gettin free powerups and asspulls too much, but they don't complain about Naruto getting the same.


    Either way, Delibi summed up my feelings about Naruto. Although Naruto's not my favorite character, he's the reason why I started reading and loved this manga. Naruto himself was epic in Part I, and I think Kishi added dimension when he had Naruto admit to Hinata that Naruto was all talk, and that he actually felt like a failure. Then you had Naruto be so epic against Pain, so serious and smart, which Kishi continued against Kumo. And then he started destroying that by making Naruto faint, making him think he was on a mission to check penises or vaginas, and have him rely mainly on Kyuubi's power instead of strategize and plan like he used to.

    Naruto was never broken in my opinion until he and Kyuubi became butt buddies because he could still get beaten. Yeah, he won nearly all of his matches, but that's by outsmarting his enemies and not giving up. Those two reasons are why I love more of Naruto's fights than any other characters'. His fight against Kiba, Neji, Gaara, Pain, and even Zabuza were awesome. He wasn't powerful enough to defeat them, nor did he need to be. You had Naruto be a clever little fox who didn't give up and came up with ways to win. That's the Naruto I love, that's the manga I love. Not this Susano'o/Kyuubi bullshit and Mokuton spammage crap. Hell, Sasuke had great fights too until he gained Mangekyo.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #28
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    What I don't understand is why one needs to bring up Sasuke when he's talking about Naruto and the other way around.
    Saying that Sasuke gets free power ups its the objective truth, and bringing up Naruto doesn't it make any more legit, same thing with Naruto.
    They'll always be comparable because they are the main characters. Not to mention people like to validate their argument by pointing out the consistencies with both characters.

    The truth is, both Naruto and Sasuke have given freebies, and they have both worked for power. This has happened with nearly every character in the manga, it just so happens that the powers Naruto and Sasuke get for free or work for far exceed those of everyone else.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  23. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    guys im not flaming, i dont hate naruto i like him as a character i just think he could be developed better. no ones even reading and comprehending what i said or what i posted. i didnt say i hate naruto and i didnt say i prefered sasuke either. my fav character WAS neji

    this is a thread about why i think naruto is broken, hes the main character and should be developed better and reach his full potential not run on power ups and kyuubi chakra.

    when it comes down to it naruto and sasuke are the same, both have been saved countless times. naruto has kyuubi, sasuke got his ass saved by karin soo many times and they both pretty much have the same number of power ups susanoo, sharigan, sage mode, kyuubi etc. I DID NOT SAY I LIKE SASUKE MORE OR SASUKE WAS A BETTER CHARACTER stop putting words in my mouth. i simply said SASUKE DOES THE THINGS NARUTO IS SUPPOSED TO.

    when it comes down to it fights sasukes are usually more interesting. he always wins his fights with a new move or some crazy strategy but we never see naruto doing that its always rasengan, rasengan sage mode kyuubi rasengan and i know sasuke has been spamming amateratsu and susanoo lately but he fought danzou and all kages, same for naruto hes spamming sage mode and kyuubi in the war and all his fights.

    naruto and sasuke are pretty much the same when it comes to build and power, they are both built op but when you compare how the two use those powers sasuke is leauges above naruto. as i said i want naruto TO USE HIS FULL POTENTIAL, no sage mode or kyuubi mode i wanna see some wind chakra and maybe a new strategy other than his bait and switch rasengan. you guys are seeing this as an attack and are looking at it from one objective view, yes this thread is about how naruto could use improvement, it may have come off as flaming and bashing but if you read my points i do have legit theories and aspects where naruto can improve. if sasuke was fucking up as much as naruto there would be one for him too, but kishi portrays him like hes the main character.

    so your sasying it wouldnt see nice to see naruto come up with a strategy other than the bait and switch?
    it wouldnt be nice to see a new jutsu come from him?
    it wouldnt be nice to see him stand on his own 2 feet?
    it wouldnt be nice to see some maturity and have him forget about sasuke and let him do as he pleases instead of fixating the entire story around him?

    i just stated the things i wanted to see, there are thins i wanna see from every character but this is about naruto cause hes the main.

    do you want me to bitch about sasuke?
    sharigan is super op
    constant use of susanno
    has seemingly never ending chakra(itachi could only use ms 3 times a day -.-)
    amateratsu control so he can fire it like a disc from a distance and use it as a shield so hes untouchable

    every character has their flaws, i wanna see improvement from naruto cause honestly hes the only person who needs it right now. no one else in the manga is that under developed and that strong at the same time.

    its as kakashi said in part 1 ''a pro with a rock can beat a rookie with a knife''. well naruto is that rookie with a knife, he hasnt fully mastered any of his powers completely. wind chakra , sage mode, kyuubi mode like he cant even do rasengan with one hand he doesnt need to be goku but it would be nice to see him have some strong points in his fighting style cause he has none except unpredictability. look at other characters

    kakashi: vast jutsu, speed, smarts, great senses and reflexes
    sasuke: lightning and fire jutsu, speed, strategy, reflexes
    shikimaru: strategies on the spot, shadow binding, scanning and analyzing an opponent in moments
    sakura: healing, super strength, smarts( analyzed tobis jutsu way before anyone else)

    every character has a uniqueness to theyre style and something that sets them apart, naruto has things that make him an individual too

    wind chakra, vast chakra reserve, good reflexes, stamina, fast regeneration

    and yet he doesnt bank or capitalize on any of them! what im saying is he needs to work on his base skills like everyone else or atleast master a skill before he sets out because every fight is won by power and not uniqueness or strategy, its always rasengan or a variation. the point im trying to get at is why give him all these power ups if he doesnt know how to use them fully or properly? why be so quick to give him another ability hes not gonna use? he doesnt really have flaws in his battle style but he s not weak but hes not that strong either. take away kyuubi and sage mode and hes a sitting duck

    why cant he improve all his base stats and master something fully like other characters do before rushing into a fight simply to get a power up? no other character get leniency like naruto, its like i said if it was anyone other than naruto hed be killed 5 times over so why not give him excuses and have him bust his ass and work like everyone else? i know his powers dont come easy but for the amount of power he gets compared to the time he puts in is ridiculous. it took him like 10 chapters to get kyuubi mode and sage mode he shouldve been working on those when he left with jiraiya( i know they practiced kyuubi but it got them no where and was a waste of time if naruto were just gonna become best friends like that and i know you cant predict something like that but still jiraiya failed to train naruto properly. instead of focusing on kyuubi chakra so he can fight akatsuki he shouldve had naruto work on his own skills so when he does use the chakra and when its time to face the kyuubi he'll already be a powerhouse.

    im just tired of repetition and i want something new from the character thats not bashing, if anything im a loyal fan caus i can admit where the chaacter needs work and improvement and not blindly accept everything. the point of the thread is point out narutos flaws so we can discuss where they can be fixed or need improvement. if you really think im trying to bash the manga than dont bother posting because ive already stated many times and if your READ my posts youd see i dont hate the character, just the was hes portrayed

  24. #30
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Naruto is a broken main character/ where Sasuke's hate comes from

    To add to what I said, Naruto didn't even have to be in fights to be awesome. The way he yelled at Inari was epic and so brutally honest. When he talked to Neji about destiny, it was awesome. When Gaara was pummeling Naruto, and Naruto refused to run or back away, that was awesome.

    Naruto fainting when he learned Sasuke's fate was death was NOT awesome. Naruto being one-track mind is NOT awesome. Naruto repeating the same shit is not awesome.


    I mean, Naruto can easily be a great character. He was complex, and he evolved over time, since the beginning of manga. Then he started to devolve. Sasuke however, improved. Instead of just being all REVENGE REVENGE, he's actually questioning his path. He wasn't just one-track mind back when he wanted revenge against Itachi, he refused to kill anyone not associated with Itachi.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  25. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts