Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Will the RK-4 prevail against Team Yuri?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Yuri's power is overrated.

12 60.00%
  • No, they'll need help.

6 30.00%
  • Other (please post)

2 10.00%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 268 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 268 Review

The poll last week was on who would make it to the battle first Frankenstien or Rajak. The majority thought "Frankenstien"; and were wiser than myself and about half as many who thought "Rajak" and a few thought they would get there at the same time. But I don't think any of us are going to complaining on account of how great things turned out. Plus, being wrong is good for soul; I should know....

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Time to see how good these Elders really are.

This week begins with the 8th Elder celebrating a little blow he apparently landed on Seira, who is badly bleeding (I have no idea when or where this happened so I'm going to assume it was off panel). He looks a little abashed when the 7th and 5th both are displeased with his lack of manners in interfering in somebody else's fight as he did.

This takes some of the fun out of the fight for the 7th who decides to leave it to the 8th but changes his mind when Seira offends him by pointing out how odd it is for a dishonorable traitor like him to be upset by dishonorable tactics. The 8th is hilariously deflated by this (clearly boredom is a problem for him). Then the 7th throws another taunt at Seira and steps forwards to resume the fight.

Seira starts to bristle with rage but remembers her training with Frankenstien and a lecture he gave her about the risks of losing her temper. She takes a breath and forces herself to calm down. The 7th notices the change and the 5th seems pleased; the 8th doesn't know what's going on.

The fight resumes and Seira fights much more skillfully but is still unable to compete with the sheer skill and power with which Zarga Siraina uses his soul weapon and eventually takes a heavy blow that goes through several buildings behind where she's standing

Meanwhile, Rk-4 are working their way toward the school with Tao back the Frankenstien's providing what support he can from there. M-21 is upset and blaming himself again. Tao calls him out on it this time around and tells him to use his brooding time more constructively by deciding beforehand just how far he's willing to go against M-24. M-21 declares that to protect the kids he is prepared to kill him.

In the classroom Yuri, Kelvin, and Mark await them, standing over the unconscious forms of Shin Woo and his friends. Kelvin rendered them unconscious with some form of poison, which is apparently a part of his abilities. They make a little more small talk then they notice the Takeo, M-21, and Regis arriving.

Back at the fight with the Elders Seira is still standing (barely) but seeing her on the brink of death the 8th elder can't help himself and fires a massive beam at her right as the 5th tells him not to. When the smoke clears standing there holding Seira's unconscious form and looking supremely pissed off is Frankenstein. The 7th recognizes him instantly and the 5th recognizes the name. Time to kick off the main event!

Chapter Review

When a werewolf who mows down skyscrapers calls you psycho, you know you've got some problems.

Substance

Seira's fight is over and I'm very pleased with it. We got to see what she can do and where her limits are. Despite her perpetually serene exterior her emotions got the better of her and she paid the price for it. After she calmed herself down her fighting style seemed much more skillful and dangerous but she was too injured and her opponent was too strong. I think losing this fight was very good thing for her character in the long run.

My other big takeaways from this phase of the fight with three elders is how much better this group of villains are as characters. Noblesse has always suffered in finding interesting villains. Instead of characters I love to hate, too often it produces characters I plain ol' hate (Go die Yuri, and be quick about it.). I like all the of these Elders. I found the banter between the 5th and 7th genuinely entertaining, making them a far more charismatic team than I was expecting. It would even have been the highlight of the chapter for me were it not for the sheer magnitude of Frankenstein's badassery.

Speaking of which, seeing a pissed off Frankenstein take on these elders should make form some absolutely amazing chapters. He won't be catching these opponents by surprise. Two out of three immediately knew who he was. The 7th may even have fought against him before seeing as he was always picking fights with Clan Leaders. I don't think this will be a sure victory for Frankenstein either. Not by a long shot

The other thing that needs talking about is the developing situation at the school where Crombell's creepy villainous threesome and their hostages await M-21, Takeo, and Regis. The good guys may have gotten stronger but are they strong enough? Because it seems like it really is going to be 3 vs 3 and that's not good. That means Takeo is probably going to have to take Yuri solo *gulp*. I think the other two battles are very winnable but that one seems like it could be rough. For those who theorized that Shin Woo was part werewolf, it's time to start hoping he wakes up and does Takeo a favor by clawing Kabuto 2.0's manberries off.

Presentation

The art work had it's rough patches but again I really liked it overall. Seira's fight looked great. I particularly enjoyed the balance it struck with background detail and character detail. The scope of the battle was shown very very well. The expressiveness was also great, in particular Frankenstein entrance and the reactions too it. There were some rough edges however; literally, in the unfortunate case of Regis and M-21 who both had a white edge in one panel that was never darkened to hide how the figure was superimposed on the background. Still, overall I thought it did a great job showing what it needed to in clear way.

It also had some points in how it was put together that seemed a little.. odd. The beginning part with the 8th Elder talking about an attack I don't ever remember seeing was a bit weird (like a page went missing somewhere). Then the transition between Yuri's group noticing the RK-4 back to Seira's fight wasn't given enough of a transition for my liking. The first time I read it I though Seira had crashed through the school wall or something.

Overall Rating

A really awesome chapter that fully displays how great battles in Noblesse can be; as well as builds toward an even greater set of climactic battles. There were some presentation hiccups that were hard for me to ignore which keep it away from a perfect, score as much as I loved it (and I did love it).

I give it a 4 out 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • The 5th, 7th, and 8th will be too much for Frankenstein to handle alone.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 27 Losses)

Rajak will beat Frankenstein to the scene of the battle. ~ Loss
    I should really know better than to bet against Frankenstein being awesome.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 268 Review

i also think 5th, 7th, and 8th will be too much for Frankenstein to handle alone.where is rajak and when will he come or he will come after fight end ???????.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!
    I think Zarga was talking about the attack 8th did in last chapter, because of which Seira was caught off guard by Zarga's attack.

I think we're going to get more answers than we expected in this season. To be honest, I thought they will fight, and kill elders and that's all..... Seems like that isn't the case.
    Now I am even more curious about the female werewolf. She either knows Frankenstein or she have at least heard the name of "Frankenstein". It would be interesting if it's the first case. Hope author does some revealtions on origins of Union, and how did these elders (especifically 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th) joined Union. I believe the numbers 4 to 7th joined Union at a single time, and it would be interesting if they were partners in crime from the start.

It's also possible that female WW was involved in the incident 820 years ago. Rai is the strongest being in existence, and knowing his responsibilities as the "Noblesse", I believe he should have enough strength to counter attack if some nobles tries to do a gangbang on him. It's said in manhwa that no strange event occured 820 years ago other than the disappearance of Rai. So it's likely that all the traces of battles were destroyed and clan leaders didn't faced noticiable injuries otherwise Frankenstein, Gejutel and previous lord would have noticed. How could you not suffer any serious injury if you're fighting Rai? Likely the help of other beings was taken.

Or could the female werewolf be one of Franky's fan girl? It's mentioned that the girls were all over him. Maybe she tied to kill Rai so that he can give her some time.

This was really a killer cliffhanger.....

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, strixflash, that was the attack that Zarga was referring to.

I think Franky will take out the Traitor and Werewolf and Rajak or someone else will take out the 8th. It's not that I don't think that Franky's capable of taking out all three of them, it's that there's no need for him to kill the 8th Elder. Of course, he could just one shot the 8th Elder, which would probably be a better idea as the 8th Elder likes to interfere in others' fights.

Clearly Zarga harmed Franky's beloved, so he has to die, and a Werewolf who's a Traitor also needs to be killed by Franky. The Werewolf seemed afraid just because of Franky's reputation, even though she hadn't met him, and Zarga's just seemingly afraid of Franky.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, I said I wanted to see Franky take on all 3 Elders, so it looks like I'll get my wish!

He used to fight multiple clan leaders at once, so he should definitely be able to hold his own against these guys.

But he will probably have to use more of his power, which seems to pose a risk to his life and eat away at him, hence why Rai didn't want him using it. So it could be that he wins vs. the 3 Elders, but Rai wakes up and forbids him from using his powers for a while or something.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that the one who keeps Franken in check is taking a nap, will result in Franken doing whatever he wants. Remember that when Franken fought the 12th Elder and wanted to torture him o death, that it was Rai who stopped him.

So if Franken will take on the three Elders at once Franken won't hold back one bit and won't even concern himself with his surroundings. So Monday could be the day South Korea (Soul) gets erased completely.

Actually if we think logically about it I start to think that Franken is abit weaker than the old clan-leaders. I mean Rai worried in Lukedonia that Franken will have to face the new Keritas clan-leader and only gave his consent when Franken told him that the new one isn't on par with the old one.
    Furthermore Franken could fight to his fullest against the clan-leaders when he was staying with Rai but the old clan heads had to be cautious to not fatally injure him cause that would put Rai into a bad mood.

PS: Seems like Kaye's dad didn't have silver hair like his son. I mean Zarga only knows of the Landegre and Royard clan having silver hair.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    PS: Seems like Kaye's dad didn't have silver hair like his son. I mean Zarga only knows of the Landegre and Royard clan having silver hair.
    Not necessarily. Elders were expecting clan leaders. Zarga betrayed Lukedonia 500 years ago when Kaye just became a clan leader. Naturally, Zarga knows Kaye personally.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that the one who keeps Franken in check is taking a nap, will result in Franken doing whatever he wants. Remember that when Franken fought the 12th Elder and wanted to torture him o death, that it was Rai who stopped him.

So if Franken will take on the three Elders at once Franken won't hold back one bit and won't even concern himself with his surroundings. So Monday could be the day South Korea (Soul) gets erased completely.

Actually if we think logically about it I start to think that Franken is abit weaker than the old clan-leaders. I mean Rai worried in Lukedonia that Franken will have to face the new Keritas clan-leader and only gave his consent when Franken told him that the new one isn't on par with the old one.
    Furthermore Franken could fight to his fullest against the clan-leaders when he was staying with Rai but the old clan heads had to be cautious to not fatally injure him cause that would put Rai into a bad mood.

Its possible but I don't think the old clan leaders would have so much respect for him if he was that much weaker than them. I imagine that Gejutel and Ragar were two of the previous lords strongest clan leaders but there were 13 of them so Franken might have been stronger than a few of them.

IMO I think the 8th is definitely going to die. Either Franken will take him out quickly or Rajak will assassinate him.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Its possible but I don't think the old clan leaders would have so much respect for him if he was that much weaker than them. I imagine that Gejutel and Ragar were two of the previous lords strongest clan leaders but there were 13 of them so Franken might have been stronger than a few of them.

IMO I think the 8th is definitely going to die. Either Franken will take him out quickly or Rajak will assassinate him.
    Aren't there only 12 clans in the Noble society??
    Franken did say in his fight against Ragar that his power is inferior to that of a clan head.

From what we saw so far and know it is safe to say that Ragar,Gejutel,Kaye's dad and old Lord are definetely stronger than Franken. The traitors can't be taken lightly too cause Zarga killed Seiras dad easily according to his statement. Now the question is if Franken could have defeated Rajak easily?Deeing that they are of the same generation.
    This I doubt cause Rajak was putting up a good fight until Franken lost it.
    So we will have to see. What makes Franken so dangerous for the clan heads is his mind and how he can use his powers.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't there only 12 clans in the Noble society??
    Franken did say in his fight against Ragar that his power is inferior to that of a clan head.

From what we saw so far and know it is safe to say that Ragar,Gejutel,Kaye's dad and old Lord are definetely stronger than Franken. The traitors can't be taken lightly too cause Zarga killed Seiras dad easily according to his statement. Now the question is if Franken could have defeated Rajak easily?Deeing that they are of the same generation.
    This I doubt cause Rajak was putting up a good fight until Franken lost it.
    So we will have to see. What makes Franken so dangerous for the clan heads is his mind and how he can use his powers.
    no there r 13 clanleder in past
    6 traitors
    seira and other girl, rajak , blond hair (old lord like him), strongest new clanleder (try to fight rai) , small boy and Gejutel

6 bad + 7 good = 13 clans in past

New Reply