Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kyuubi's yang chakra

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyuubi's yang chakra

Well, I think the shrunken Kyuubi we have now won't be enough to go against frigging meteors (and God knows what else!). Do you guys think there's any chance the Kyuubi will manage to recover/fuse again with it's yang half that Minato sealed inside the Death God's belly?

---------- Post added November 23, 2011 at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was November 18, 2011 at 05:07 AM ----------

So... nobody here has any thoughts whatsoever on the matter?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyuubi's yang chakra

He already has the yang the yin is sealed in the shinigami. And it is probably lost forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you're right: it's the yin chakra the one that has been sealed. But, then again, since the fox shrunk this much,

I believe it must have lost A LOT of its chakra! Aside from Naruto fighting the other bijuus and Madara and Sasuke, how can Tobi and the like think they can revive the Juubi without at least half of Kyuubi's chakra? The Nine Tails is supposed to be the most powerful bijuu by far, so most of Juubi's power has been sealed in her (and, therefore, inside the shinigami). There MUST be a way to undo the shinigami thing, since it's a separate dimension different from normal death. Maybe we could even see Minato and the other Hokages, who knows!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't the fox get back its chakra because of the fact chakra regenerates? or is it still a half of what it was? but actually,jiraiya said the halved fox would have been sealed forever.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Yeah, you're right: it's the yin chakra the one that has been sealed. But, then again, since the fox shrunk this much,

I believe it must have lost A LOT of its chakra! Aside from Naruto fighting the other bijuus and Madara and Sasuke, how can Tobi and the like think they can revive the Juubi without at least half of Kyuubi's chakra? The Nine Tails is supposed to be the most powerful bijuu by far, so most of Juubi's power has been sealed in her (and, therefore, inside the shinigami). There MUST be a way to undo the shinigami thing, since it's a separate dimension different from normal death. Maybe we could even see Minato and the other Hokages, who knows!
    As far as I've understood it. Minato said that it was conceptually impossible to seal the entire kyuubi in naruto. So he split up the yin and yang. But as the kyuubi has showed, he regenerates all of his chakra. This became evident after naruto 'stole' the kyuubi's chakra and the kyuubi became skinny, only to recover to his normal size again.

The face that shows that the kyuubi has reached it's original size again (before having half of it's chakra sealed) is that during chibaku tensei, naruto transformed into the 8 tailed of the kyuubi. The form it had was HUGE, in fact the same size it had originally.

The kyuubi's original size:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-55203-...apter-501.html

The scale of chibaku tensei:
    http://i12.mangareader.net/naruto/439/naruto-8809.jpg

The kyuubi's size after partially breaking out of chibaku tensei:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-444-13...apter-439.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-445-3/...apter-440.html

As you can see, chibaku tensei is humongous. Just look at the size of the trees. The compare that to the size of the trees when the kyuubi stands next to them.
    Now scale that to the size of the kyuubi when breaking out of chibaku tensei.

It's pretty equal. Just shows it's already recovered the chakra it once lost at the hands of yondaime. Meaning naruto has nothing to recover. Even if he did, he couldn't get it back anyway.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted a theory a long time ago that touched on this. Essentially, I believe that the yin portion of the Kyuubi's chakra is going to manifest itself inside of Sasuke, or at least it'll manifest from him.

(Forgive me but I'm not going to post links).

We were told that the Kyuubi manifests itself where hatred swells. No single being has more hatred than Sasuke. Personally, I believe that all this extra chakra that he is gaining, and the power of his hatred is actually the Kyuubi's chakra slowly forming within him.

The Juubi cannot be complete without all of the Kyuubi. Tobi must know this, so essentially his plan is useless until he gets the Kyuubi inside of Naruto, and it's remaining chakra from the Death God.

As far as we know, you can't destroy Biju's because they are chakra, they eventually reform even if you kill the Jinchuriki they are in, and I think the same thing applies to what happened to the Kyuubi. The Death God couldn't just destroy the Kyuubi, it sealed it, but as we have seen with Naruto's seal, all seals can leak and break.

What I think Tobi's plan was from the beginning was to use Sasuke as a conduit for the Yin portion of the Kyuubi. Allowing his hatred to swell would allow the Kyuubi's chakra to form in him, he's essentially the perfect candidate as he is a Uchiha as well.

Tobi also wants Naruto and Sasuke to fight. Not just so he could capture Naruto, but so the Kyuubi can be close to it's Yin chakra abeing formed, perhaps allowing Naruto to absorb the Yin chakra from Sasuke, or perhaps just have the Yin chakra fully manifest thanks to being so close to the mind soul and body of theYang portion of the Kyuubi.

While it's just a theory and it has holes, I think that Yin portion will be brought back, either this way or by some jutsu involving the Death God directly.

*fixed
    Last edited by Delbi; December 02, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiking_Bear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Tobi also wants Naruto and Sasuke to fight. Not just so he could capture Naruto, but so the Kyuubi can be close to it's Yang chakr abeing formed, perhaps allowing Naruto to absorb the Yang chakra from Sasuke, or perhaps just have the Yang chakra fully manifest thanks to being so close to the mind soul and body of the Yin portion of the Kyuubi.

While it's just a theory and it has holes, I think that Yang portion will be brought back, either this way or by some jutsu involving the Death God directly.
    Naruto already has the Yang half of the Kyuubi sealed inside of him. The Yin half resides inside the Death God.

For some reason I think that Naruto might get his bijuu extracted. The reason I think this is because it was established in Kushina's flashback that an Uzumaki is capable of surviving bijuu extraction. If that happens, then it can allow the Jyuubi to be reassembled. As for the Yin half, I think there must be a way for it to come back from the Death God. Maybe Minato's Shiki Fuujin was incomplete and there is a way to enter the seal. Or maybe he left Naruto with a way of accessing the Yin. Hard to say - there's a lot of different ways that the story can play out.
    Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
    Edo Tensei summons the soul, not the body.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a time i hoped something, anything of importance will happen about this lost half of kyuubi chakra. But i've gradually lost my hope. I guess kishimoto might as well take the easy route of saying kyuubi regrew it. Ofc i'll be most happy if my prediction goes wrong. (there is still a chance that the manga will move beyond the current war arc)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishi probably retconed the yin/yang thing. Minato stated he is sealing half the Kyuubi inside and not yin/yang.

Only half of it:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-55672-...apter-503.html

Kushina had ALL OF IT inside of her(and the first's wife). So it stands to reason that Minato sealed half of the thing in Naruto as Naruto was only a baby. That is the only explanation as to why Minato stated it would be imposible. Then as we know Kyuubi can regenerate back in time even if its killed. Kyuubi right now is back to full power.

Also Kyuubi regenerated so fast right now inside of Naruto because the Kyuubi was feeding on Naruto's own chakra.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Whynot's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Kishi probably retconed the yin/yang thing. Minato stated he is sealing half the Kyuubi inside and not yin/yang.
    It was Jiraiya, who stated he sealed Kyuubi's yin chakra in the God of Death: http://www.mangareader.net/93-375-11...apter-370.html

I for one like what scandalous' remembered us, in his post: Kyuubi's size during the fight with Pain seemed in par with that of his glory... and if you think that everything yin has some yang deep inside, and vice versa (like in the Taiji Tu symbol), well, you might as well think Kyuubi grew his yin back from the little seed of it that was buried inside the yang he had kept.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Naruto has it whole. Chumping him at this point as being a 'half' jinchuuriki to me is counter to a part of the story. He's the kind of character IMO that will deal with the full weight of things. Also, not much is known about the bijuu even now. Thanks to the ET spam, I'm thinking that they really are literally nothing more than 'energy with an attitude'.

Finally, even if the chakra is forever sealed inside of Minato/really is different and Naruto does happen to be half a jinchuuriki, we can never overlook Kinkaku/Ginkaku who could transform up to 6 tails, presumably each. And at the time they were tainted with the 9 tails chakra there was no split between the yin and yang chakra. Other than obviously wanting the chakra in general, we don't know some of the finer details of why Tobi wanted it so badly and felt desperate enough to summon Gedo Mazo for an epic smash & grab because in that chapter (or the one after), even Kabuto sneezed at Tobi for doing it.
    Last edited by jalix; December 08, 2011 at 02:43 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    It was Jiraiya, who stated he sealed Kyuubi's yin chakra in the God of Death: http://www.mangareader.net/93-375-11...apter-370.html

I for one like what scandalous' remembered us, in his post: Kyuubi's size during the fight with Pain seemed in par with that of his glory... and if you think that everything yin has some yang deep inside, and vice versa (like in the Taiji Tu symbol), well, you might as well think Kyuubi grew his yin back from the little seed of it that was buried inside the yang he had kept.
    I am aware of who stated that. What i was stating is that Kishi changed it over the years and now its half of the chakra as a hole (and not yin yang) that is what a "retconed"means.

Now of course the Kyuubi got to full force again. It can regenerate back to full from nothing even if it dies with the host. The Biju's soul somehow get's back. Biju's are made out of chakra (energy) that is made into a type of energy-"matter"so a type of solid energy. The biju's are in essence solid energy beasts. The energy just resembles flash, skin, bones and other crep(does not make sense to me but that is how the manga is showing them).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    There was a time i hoped something, anything of importance will happen about this lost half of kyuubi chakra. But i've gradually lost my hope. I guess kishimoto might as well take the easy route of saying kyuubi regrew it. Ofc i'll be most happy if my prediction goes wrong. (there is still a chance that the manga will move beyond the current war arc)
    Kind of makes you think, doesn't it? Somehow Naruto looses the kyuubi but who can revive Naruto and possibly die in the process if Tobi & Madara & Nagato et. all are already gone & if Tsunade can't? Maybe someone with the rinnegan & now that door seems to be creaking open for a certain petulant & angry Uchiha...

Then things work how Naruto stated when they met in the "Incompetent Sakura" arc. "If we fight, we'll both die." Of course that's wild speculation, but meh a small pet theory.

For the kyuubi chakra though it has returned to it's size. Whether it be anime or manga, Kishimoto's played around with that statement for a while. A kind of hole in that is that, well, Naruto was still a baby so if the chakra just returned couldn't it have still been a threat? But then a fair rebuttle could be: The seal was at it's strongest when it was first applied. Tough to sort out.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it matters that much...I believe that the entity known as Jyuubi will regain all his wits, intelligence, self-awareness w/e, just with with a bit less chakra...that's all...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    didn't the fox get back its chakra because of the fact chakra regenerates? or is it still a half of what it was? but actually,jiraiya said the halved fox would have been sealed forever.

According to jiraya, he said that mentally minato divided kyuubi chakra into yin and yang chakra. To finish it this mystery what i think is that the yin chakra cannot return to kyuubi.

Yin and yang chakra is like the two sons of rikoudou sennin.

Yin chakra is like the outside power that takes form.
    Yang chakra is like the inside power that doesnt have form = kyubii's chakra.

So certainly naruto does have both yin and yang but only half of the two. Like 25% each.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast