Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Taijutsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Taijutsu

I think this is what people want to see more of, it was what made naruto in the past really good, and lately since the war we have not been able to see that much of it, since madara has the bijuu's. But I think once the war goes down to a 1v1 battle we will be able to see more of it.

Here are some awesome battles that I felt was great because of Taijutsu
    naruto vs sasuke
    sakura vs sasori
    lee vs kimimaro

I think Taijutsu is what naruo been missing lately, feel free to discuss on the matter

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taijutsu

Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    I think Taijutsu is what naruo been missing lately, feel free to discuss on the matter
    Agreed. Imo, Naruto was totally badass with frog fu in SM against Pain. That was sick. I hope he'll soon fuse SM with RM so we can see some bashing.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    I think this is what people want to see more of, it was what made naruto in the past really good, and lately since the war we have not been able to see that much of it, since madara has the bijuu's. But I think once the war goes down to a 1v1 battle we will be able to see more of it.

Here are some awesome battles that I felt was great because of Taijutsu
    naruto vs sasuke
    sakura vs sasori
    lee vs kimimaro

Agreed. One worth mentioning too is Lee vs. Gaara. Not sure if that's considered a true taijutsu fight since that's not what Gaara mainly used but Lee was definitely awesome in that fight.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. We haven't seen many people with exceptional taijutsu skills. Not to the degree that taijutsu can be the decisive move in a battle, at least, aside from Gai mainly.
    It's really doubtful if there is ever going to be a 1v1 battle in the current war, but even if there is one, Rinnegan+Mokuton is too tough to penetrate via sheer taijutsu, excluding Susano'o.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - we want to see more taijutsu. If the older brother had the eyes and the younger brother the body, then it is not inconceivable that there is taijutsu out there that can break even the rinnegan+mokuton. Tough to see, but certainly possible. We saw a speed from Naruto when he attacked Kisame and when he dodged the raikage...all of those suited for taijutsu but he has not used them. He chose SM against the 2nd raikage and for good reason...KM seems to have taken a back seat when it comes to taijutsu.
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. The taijutsu battle (although brief) of sasuke vs orochimaru during the chuunin exam was really well done in the anime. I have to say the kakashi vs hidan and kakazu taijutsu battle was exceptional as well.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah its been a while since ive seen someone take i nice kick to the head. kimimaru vs lee and gaara was one of the best fights ive seen. its too bad kimimaru didnt get more screen time, he was arguably one of the best fighters shown in the series, his reflexes and dodging were unreal

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Taijutsu

@xaither
    Actually, Naruto VS Sasuke's fast-paced taijutsu doesn't really exist in the manga.
    Naruto is one of the few mangas where fight scenes when in the anime tend to be highly superior to the manga.

Naruto VS Sasuke which is one of the greatest anime fights imho, the anime added on tons of Taijutsu scenes whilst the manga just had Sasuke delivering a few beatdowns to Naruto and then Naruto went 1tail-Cloak.

Lee VS Gaara, Lee VS Kimimaro, Kakashi VS Hidan & Kakuzu anyone??
    Find a clip of that last one on YouTube or something. The taijutsu in the anime that Kakashi brings out is beast.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the big fights now (which is what we've been seeing for a long time now) have no real room for taijutsu. If the characters would fight with pure taijutsu for more than a few blows we'd all scream idiotic writing. Kishi has basically screwed himself over by having too powerful characters with techniques (ninjutsu) that are too convenient. Why on earth would e.g. Tobi allow himself to be in a taijutsu fight? Why wouldn't Madara just Shinra Tensei his opponent? Why wouldn't Sasuke add a Chidori or Susano'o? The way characters are able to fart out ninjutsu that normally require hand seals pretty much instantly works against taijutsu too (like Raikiri).

Now that all the "minor" Edo Tensei are gone too, there's really no more room for a good taijutsu brawl. What is a definite, and only case I can come up with where it will logically happen (for sure), is Naruto vs Sasuke. In the end both will be exhausted and we'll see them brawl with taijutsu, or something along those lines. Naruto spamming shadow clones while Sasuke just wtfplows through them is highly unlikely at this point too. It's sad, but a reality. Taijutsu was very enjoyable. The coolest parts of fights for me personally is when Kishi pulls out some creative taijutsu. The start of Itachi vs Sasuke and the short skirmish between Naruto and Omoi and Karui comes to mind.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    the short skirmish between Naruto and Omoi and Karui comes to mind.
    I have to admit, this reminds me of how nice the Taijutsu scenes were. Kishimoto did well with them.

I dunno that its over though. Remembering that Juugo and Suigetsu were brought back out of the fodder can and they are now more relevant than the Konoha12 excluding Naruto/Sasuke obviously and Shikamaru, Ino and Hinata. (I've not mentioned Sakura because unfortuantely Kishi is neglecting her, no idea why)
    With Juugo and Suigetsu being still relevant there is a chance we get Taijutsu fights.

Anybody remember that anime scene where Kabuto sliced up wasps or something?
    There are probably more great Taijutsu scenes that I don't remember quite well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i know its not a taijutsu vs taijutsu fight but arent the hyuugas using their gentle fist style taijutsu against the jyuubi? and lee just kicked madara. So i think its still here in the manga it just doesnt happen as often cuz of these crazy ninjutsus now that dont require handseals. Remember when handseals mattered?? :P But anyways taijutsu now is only effective if you are a master or have some specialized form of it (gentle fist, sage katas, enhanced strength, lightning armor, etc.)

New Reply