Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 394

Thread: Bleach 525 Discussion

  1. #151
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Still...I wonder if Kenpachi discovers his Zanpakutou name...from the flashback,it seems that somehow and subcounsciously,he released it,as it was not an ordinary asauchi...

  2. #152
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    No problems with the revelation about Kenpachi having a mental block - that makes sense to me with everything we know about him. I am a little surprised that Kenpachi was meant to be this much a monster though, could have guessed that he could get as strong as senior captains, but didn't see him being just simply flat out >> Unohana. Yeah him being stronger as a young boy sounds a little strange, but I can just accept that that's how Kubo meant him to be - flat out stronger. Knowing what he said in the novel comments, he did plan this (unless he was making stuff up lol)... soo fine.

    I don't sound too excited because I'm getting bored of Kenpachi. I'm not his fan and although he has his awesome moments, atm I find the story with him being in spotlight a little dull. I was very much looking forward to seeing more of Unohana, with all the hype, and first kenpachi secret that I found absolutely awesome. However I don't at all think she'll die. I'm expecting Kenpachi to stop before he kills her, if he should really be able to do it. Doesn't he always save those that are worth fighting? And I'm sure even if she should be weaker, she's still a worthy opponent. Not to mention that it seems like she's the most important person for him, save Yachiru... pink Yachiru.

    It would be too strange to kill her off just like that... is that the only reason she is in Bleach? To stand around for 500 chapters and then die for the greater good? And of course, it doesn't make sense for SS to get rid of one of the strongest fighters, even if it should make one person stronger. They need all the power they have. Not to mention that she's not only a fighter, but first of all a godly healer (her former sensei is in Royal Dimension so.. I don't care if he's better), just how many people could she save in the war that's to come? Considering of course that she won't have to stay shut in like she did during the first Quincy invasion.

    And of course the art is as good as always. I still can't get used to drugged-eyes Unohana but she's very pretty indeed. Kubo is insanely good at showing emotions through eyes / faces. Young Kenpachi reminds me too much of Akon, but he was cute despite being a monster, it's quite conflicting, at the same time he seems innocent and devilish.

    And oh, yes, Zaraki x Unohana is given. Kubo wrote their shipping scenes for the musical years ago, and now we have them being cute in manga too lol

    Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Ichigo is a mut and a main character, so that's a given. Also he wasn't automatically super strong. He still had too develop his abilities. Aizen and Yamamoto worked to get as strong as they were. Kido takes practice, Shunpo needs to be improved, and Bankai must be achieved. They may have been gifted, but they still had to work to reach their limit. Kenpachi on the other hand was apparently born to be awesome. He was already the best swordsman and obviously well above Captain Class as a child.
    If he had to take care of himself for years being alone in the world, he probably grew in power that way. Idk, my example would be some wild hunters, it's not like they were born with skills, but if you need them / practice, you'll get better even without tutoring. Now he's just that talented and pure strong that he became that strong just by plundering Rukongai.

    Kenpachi might have looked like a kid, but that means nothing in Soul Society. Hitsugaya too is at least 150 years old and he looks like a kid still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    The thing is his performance is subpar compared to his older self. His reiatsu is still monstrous, most likely stronger than when he was a kid but Unohana was killing him over and over during their training. If reiatsu is the sole factor that makes Kenpachi stronger, why couldn't he overpower Unohana as he used to? Or do you think his reiatsu is getting stronger as he fights Unohana?
    Actually I do think that he was suppressing his reiatsu after that fated fight and until now. Isn't that what was implied? He suppressed his powers always just enough to be on the same level as his opponent, resulting in close matches. Not sure if the eyepatch is fake (I don't think it is) but I guess the prime example could be him upping his reiatsu in his fight against Ichi, although I think he was suppressing it on two levels. One unconscious, the "shackles" Unohana commented on, and the other consciously like in the fight with Ichigo (...so, he was unconsciously on the level as when Ichigo finally beat him, but consciously was a little lower than that for the first part of the fight and then stopped consciosly restraining himself when Ichigo was stronger than his initial try).

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #153
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Still...I wonder if Kenpachi discovers his Zanpakutou name...from the flashback,it seems that somehow and subcounsciously,he released it,as it was not an ordinary asauchi...
    I don't quite get the impression that the manga says anything about his asauchi in particular. I guess we can wonder where it came from. Perhaps someone he killed? He could be like tousen whose asauchi was the zampakuto of a previous shinigami. I would think that if he did that his zampakuto would kinda resent him for killing its previous owner though... I wonder what happens to zampakuto when shinigami die. The link between shinigami and zampakuto is deeper than what the actual origin of zampakuto would suggest so perhaps once the owner of a zampakuto dies the zampakuto becomes a blank of sorts? Or perhaps it depends on the bond between them. If only shikai has been acquired then the zampakuto becomes mostly blank after the death of a shinigami however once bankai is reached the zampakuto actually dies with the shinigami since the bond between them was much deeper.

  5. #154
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    i dont understand why many people here are complaining about the chapter... it was stated since the first arc that zaraki is a monster...also during fight with ichigo zaraki himself hinted that he lowers his level to enjoy fighting coz he has not found anyone he could enjoy fighting with...personally i loved this chapter...especially zaraki as a kid standing on the mountain of corpses... this was the first time we saw kenpachi as a kid and his expression and ART were amazing...this was pretty much expected from him... even i like unohanas character more than zaraki but that doesnt mean i would expect unohana to win this one ( my friends reaction was after reading this chapter : "as expected from zaraki kenpachi" )...anyone who has followed and understood bleach should definitely know this...there is no reason to complain...

  6. #155
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Wonder if Unohana ever had the urge to fight Kuraosaki. Especially considering his growth. She probably looked at him like another Zaraki. Wonder why Zaraki was so strong to begin with. What was he when he was a human?
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

  7. #156
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    I was not able to read the previous post, so I don't know if someone already said it.
    Anyways I believe that this man is Isshin http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/525/6.

  8. #157
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't quite get the impression that the manga says anything about his asauchi in particular. I guess we can wonder where it came from. Perhaps someone he killed? He could be like tousen whose asauchi was the zampakuto of a previous shinigami. I would think that if he did that his zampakuto would kinda resent him for killing its previous owner though... I wonder what happens to zampakuto when shinigami die. The link between shinigami and zampakuto is deeper than what the actual origin of zampakuto would suggest so perhaps once the owner of a zampakuto dies the zampakuto becomes a blank of sorts? Or perhaps it depends on the bond between them. If only shikai has been acquired then the zampakuto becomes mostly blank after the death of a shinigami however once bankai is reached the zampakuto actually dies with the shinigami since the bond between them was much deeper.
    Tousen's friend became a Shinigami on the principle of living for justice, and upon adopting his Zanpakuto, Tousen also became a Shinigami to live for justice, so it was compatible, or it simply worked because the Zanpakuto regressed to an Asauchi. But Kenpachi's sword is different because he most likely got it from somebody else, or it might not even be a real Zanpakuto, just a sword he won in a fight and took a liking to. Apart from two mentions, there's no real evidence that sword is a Zanpakuto, and can the rest even know if Kenpachi himself doesn't even know?

    ---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    Wonder if Unohana ever had the urge to fight Kuraosaki. Especially considering his growth. She probably looked at him like another Zaraki. Wonder why Zaraki was so strong to begin with. What was he when he was a human?
    Hitsugaya is an incredibly talented child that became a captain in a year, Gin was also incredibly talented, so was Byakuya and Shunsui + Ukitake, Urahara, Tessai, Yoruichi, Soifon, Aizen, most likely Yamamoto. There are geniuses everywhere, with the potential to become powerful, Kenpachi is simply one of them that became a good sword fighter.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  9. #158
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    I was not able to read the previous post, so I don't know if someone already said it.
    Anyways I believe that this man is Isshin http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/525/6.
    I din't think Isshins face is that muscular and Isshin has black hair.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

  10. #159
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Tousen's friend became a Shinigami on the principle of living for justice, and upon adopting his Zanpakuto, Tousen also became a Shinigami to live for justice, so it was compatible, or it simply worked because the Zanpakuto regressed to an Asauchi. But Kenpachi's sword is different because he most likely got it from somebody else, or it might not even be a real Zanpakuto, just a sword he won in a fight and took a liking to. Apart from two mentions, there's no real evidence that sword is a Zanpakuto, and can the rest even know if Kenpachi himself doesn't even know?
    It is or at least, Zangetsu knows of it.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-567-8/...apter-113.html

  11. #160
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Tousen's friend became a Shinigami on the principle of living for justice, and upon adopting his Zanpakuto, Tousen also became a Shinigami to live for justice, so it was compatible, or it simply worked because the Zanpakuto regressed to an Asauchi. But Kenpachi's sword is different because he most likely got it from somebody else, or it might not even be a real Zanpakuto, just a sword he won in a fight and took a liking to. Apart from two mentions, there's no real evidence that sword is a Zanpakuto, and can the rest even know if Kenpachi himself doesn't even know?
    It was stated by Kubo / databook that it's a zanpakutou in constant shikai state, so... yeah I think it is a zanpakutou.

  12. #161
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Maybe zaraki is related to the soul king or somethng , cuz they both dont have no eyebrows and the front hair lines look kinda similar and maybe zaraki was sent down to rukongai cuz he stole that zanpaktou and nobody could go near him without being slashed to death and he was pissed at the soul king that he started going on a rampage killing everyone he sees so as to spite the king and make him regret sending him down to rukongai but he ended up loving fighting and by chance met unohana who was seeking the strongest and what if he was sent to hueco mundo , he and stark could have been bestest fwenz , no ?

  13. #162
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    It is or at least, Zangetsu knows of it.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-567-8/...apter-113.html
    And what do those sound effects mean? It could just be symbolic. Kenpachi said that the sword he was holding was in its only form, because seals wouldn't work, but how did the sword get to that state? Did he steal or take an Asauchi and it instantly transformed into that "Shikai" form without communication? Ichigo had a brief talk with Zangetsu before he could even release that oversized version of Rukia's Zanpakutou. Unless Kenpachi at one point managed to communicate with it, but ignored it, but even then, he doesn't even know if his Zanpakutou has an ability, Ichigo shot a few Getsuga Tenshous by accident even if he didn't know how to. Or it could simply be a melee style Zanpakuto, and it just fits him better for his preference to fight with a sword.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  14. #163
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    And what do those sound effects mean? It could just be symbolic. Kenpachi said that the sword he was holding was in its only form, because seals wouldn't work, but how did the sword get to that state? Did he steal or take an Asauchi and it instantly transformed into that "Shikai" form without communication? Ichigo had a brief talk with Zangetsu before he could even release that oversized version of Rukia's Zanpakutou. Unless Kenpachi at one point managed to communicate with it, but ignored it, but even then, he doesn't even know if his Zanpakutou has an ability, Ichigo shot a few Getsuga Tenshous by accident even if he didn't know how to. Or it could simply be a melee style Zanpakuto, and it just fits him better for his preference to fight with a sword.
    Well, I don't know that much, could be. But at the very least, it symbolizes the sword has a spirit or something that could cry, literally or not.
    The little Kenpachi shown in this chapter's flashback is holding onto the very same sword (same hilt, same dented structure), so, he got it from some Shinigami way before. He probably communicated with it, perhaps even subconsciously, but who knows, the constant release seems to be doing nothing apparently.

  15. #164
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    I'm finding it odd that I enjoy the character of Kenpachi, and even more, Captain Unohana, but I am really not excited about the way Kubo went here. I understand the concept of the eleventh division being built on strength, but the overfocus on lust for violence reduces my respect for the characters to the point where it's hard to enjoy the current chapters. I know that there are 'dark heroes,' but I'm not seeing anything redeeming about these two. They seem to ignore their duties, concocting reasons (as Unohana did in the flashback) to go out and kill people. It does fit with the brutal image Bach painted of the early Gotei 13, but that violence just seems pointless and selfish. Why would the Gotei 13 value these two? Yes, they are powerful, but I am beginning to agree that Central 46 was right not to want someone who kills for enjoyment to 'protect' the Seireitei. He could as easily fight for the enemy, which is why he would be vulnerable to Bach's 'brainwashing.' Offer him a good enough fight and he would sell his soul for it. And 'Yachiru' seems no better. Sure the Gotei needs power, but power they can depend on. They're in deep enough shit as it is. They don't any more enemies...especially ones they built.

    I am hoping Kubo does SOMETHING to make these two something that resembles 'captain' and 'leader' material. Right now, their philosophy seems to only support Bach's assertion that Yamamoto got weak because he found he had things he wanted to protect. Protection seems to be the last thing on their minds. I still hold out some hope, of course, but I don't know how the Seireitei can depend on this to strengthen the Gotei's defenses. It could really backfire.

    Maybe someone could give me a different, more positive perspective. Maybe I'm just not understanding what Kubo's trying to say here. Any ideas?

  16. #165
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    If he had to take care of himself for years being alone in the world, he probably grew in power that way. Idk, my example would be some wild hunters, it's not like they were born with skills, but if you need them / practice, you'll get better even without tutoring. Now he's just that talented and pure strong that he became that strong just by plundering Rukongai.

    Kenpachi might have looked like a kid, but that means nothing in Soul Society. Hitsugaya too is at least 150 years old and he looks like a kid still.
    He still had above Captain Class reiatsu. Which would have made his fights easier. Also he looked to be fairly healthy and scar-less to me. And judging from what Unohana said in this chapter, she was the first person he felt a challenge from.

New Reply
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts