Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 525 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

Well what could one say about this chapter?
    At the time nothing in Bleach makes sense.

We have so many Shinigami's who being called the strongest. Yama, Unohana,Aizen and now we have Kenpachi.
    Why is Kubo using the word strongest on so many people? I mean we clearly know that Yama-jii is the strongest Shinigami. Bach said that the most fearsome one of the assassin group was the demon sword which was yama-jii.
    And Kenpachi can't be stronger than Yama-jii cause Yama said it himself in the past 1000 years nobody who was born was stronger than him well with the exception of Ichigo.

It's like Kenpachi is the Broly of Bleach. The legendary Shinigami with a power above all else. For those who don't know who Broly is:
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Broly
    Hopefully Kubo will soon start either the stroy of Isshin or the past of Urahara and Yourichi.

Seems like Kubo and Kishi suck at writing good endings to their story's.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    So, as expected Unohana is destroying, healing, destroying, and healing once again. In other words, Unohana has no intention of winning this battle. So Shunsui's words, as expected, were completely meaningless.
    Not meaningless - he said "even I know that one of you has to die" - he didn't say who. It is perfectly possible that he knew what Unohana's plan would be, but said that for the readers benefit (kinda breaking the third wall - but since when has that not happened in bleach before?!?) rather than directly stating that she would have to sacrifice herself...
    When Kenpachi decides not to kill her, then Shunsui's words will be slightly more meaningless - though still not entirely, as Kenpachi letting Unohana go fine would mean that she would have given it her all - bankai included - and Zaraki being powerful enough to take that and still crush her enough to allow her to survive afterwards (holding back slightly) then that would be unexpected to him I am sure.
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a very disappointing chapter.

What Kubo did in 18 pages, everyone was theorizing in just one forum post last week.

What a waste.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh chapter for me even though it explain pretty well the connection of Kenpachi's strength diminishing because he don't want his enemy to be slaughtered quick so fight after fight he is becoming weaker and weaker... Well still even with a poor execution on how Kenpachi's strength weakens Bleach is by far much greater than Naruto this week I guess only Toriko can match up with One Piece this week ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, whoa. What the hell. Why is everyone so pissed?

Kenpachi restraining himself has ALWAYS been his character since his very first fight with Ichigo. What's so bad with us finally knowing the reason why he does that? What's so wrong with a character growing weaker over time instead of stronger? I personally have never seen anything like that in shonen and it feels very refreshing. This also explains all those inconsistencies in Kenpachi's power people have been complaining about all this time.

Dude simply lowers himself to his enemy's level, and therefore always has a chance to either win or lose. He does this because he, since his fight with Unohana, has been unable to fight at 100% and having fun at the same time.

Kenpachi being all about having fun in battle is his whole character. Think about it for a sec.

I tend to believe no outcome would have satisfied everybody. Personally I find this to be a nice change of pace from the old "get my resolve and fight for my friends" cliché.

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 11 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not an asspull. In Bleach novel, it was already showed that Zaraki is a damn MONSTER, and I always believed it. What's changed is that now we can all see that easily. That's all, imo. No big deal. Despite that, I found this chapter quite boring.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogueSleipnir View Post
    This was a very disappointing chapter.

What Kubo did in 18 pages, everyone was theorizing in just one forum post last week.

What a waste.
    You do realize that 99,99% of Bleach readers (you know, the ones that actually pay for the content) don't analyze the manga to this extent, right? Everything becomes either predictable or an asspull if analyzed deeply enough.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post

Kenpachi restraining himself has ALWAYS been his character since his very first fight with Ichigo. What's so bad with us finally knowing the reason why he does that? What's so wrong with a character growing weaker over time instead of stronger? I personally have never seen anything like that in shonen and it feels very refreshing. This also explains all those inconsistencies in Kenpachi's power people have been complaining about all this time.

Dude simply lowers himself to his enemy's level, and therefore always has a chance to either win or lose. He does this because he, since his fight with Unohana, has been unable to fight at 100% and having fun at the same time.

Kenpachi being all about having fun in battle is his whole character. Think about it for a sec.

I tend to believe no outcome would have satisfied everybody. Personally I find this to be a nice change of pace from the old "get my resolve and fight for my friends" cliché.
    I actually like the explanation but find it boring dunno why maybe because I personally I expect a lot lot more on the flashback of Kenpachi but rather than an epic flashback and explanation I only got a good flashback and explanation so it is kind of disappointment

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I seriously the only one who thought this chapter was brilliant art-wise and pretty memorable on its own right?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So, may be it is time to consider the possibility that Zaraki Kenpachi would end up stronger than Shigekuni Yamamoto...
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I seriously the only one who thought this chapter was brilliant art-wise and pretty memorable on its own right?
    No, you're not, you can count me in on that.

Honestly, that whole child thing was pretty hard to fathom at first but the more I think about it, the more I realize it is soooo in keeping with Zaraki's character from then on!

The eyepatch, the lack of care for his sword, no care for kido, how he behaved vs Ichigo and Nnoitra.

This explains a heck of a lot. The fact that he almost defeated his nearest competitor affected him so badly that he suppressed himself from then on...

You know what? I can deal with that.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the6millionbeliman View Post
    Wow. The first chapter from this arc I'm actually disappointed by. Zaraki has been holding himself back for 1000 years? This really could have been done better. Oh well, One Piece delivered this week. And hopefully Unohana's Bankai within 2 weeks.
    I don't think Zaraki is 1000 years old, maybe a few hundred.

Eh, you know these forums. People always gotta complain or argue. Not that this is like the greatest chapter in the world.

So basically Kenpachi is like Aizen, his power was so great that he didn't want to feel left out.
    Imagine being so powerful that no one is a match for you. That would be way too boring for Zaraki.

The question is, can his full power rival Yama and Bach?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It was an average chapter for me.
    So, Zaraki isn't strong. He is a demon, who is barely conscious and as a kid, can kill easily the strongest captains out there. Not that it sounds impossible, but I can't say I love it. As long as your genes go, training doesn't matter.

Oh, the good side of the chapter is the revelation. Unohana will die.
    So that Kenpachi isn't restraining himself anymore.

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one am happy to know what kind of face Unohana makes during sex.

I mean, the whole thing reads just like they were bonking. Cue fan fictiongasm

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that he was just born/brought up to have that much potential (to essentially be the second strongest shinigami in existence) is, well, okay acceptable. In the end, Unohana did win their battle and did scar Zaraki in the process. So I reckon she was just referring to his potential strength at the time.

The shackles thing fits in very well with his character overall from that time to now. Not to mention, that combined with his in-born ability would explain how he was able to kill the Kenpachi before him in "one blow" without prior training.

There could have been better explanations definitely but I can think of worse explanations too. It's not like this explanation doesn't fit, it does fit with the rest of the story and it goes a long way to explaining why the hell Zaraki even holds himself back so much.

A very interesting thing that came out of this chapter was probably the fact that Minazuki has that ability as shown here.

This was indeed an average chapter but I don't find that much to go batshit insane with rage about here. Then again, the whole Obito=Tobi disaster has desensitised me to these things.
    Last edited by StarkPoseidon; January 30, 2013 at 04:26 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast