Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 525 Discussion

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    So Kenpachi, ages ago when he was a kid, was stronger than Unohana? Interesting. and because he didn't want to lose the competition, he subconsciously held back parts of his power to the point that he actually started to suck against far weaker opponents. That's interesting. So, now, she's killing and reviving him until he's using his full power again or maybe that was him at full power at the end of thechapter. I guess we'll find out.
    Nicely summarized . I praise how Kubo used the mental aspects to make Kenpachi stronger. It isn't going to be a power-up coming at a desperate moment. The mental barriers play huge role in real life. I am sure we all have some demons to overcome. In case of Kenpachi, he had unconsciously limited himself and the only way he is getting back those powers are, again, an unconscious process.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I do, as a matter of fact, last week I said...

And I was happy at the time because I didn't think it would be this freaking quick. It seemed like Unohana barely had time to shine against Kenpachi.

He's just stupidly strong to a outlandish degree and, again, this is why I find him boring. The way he is being hyped up leaves nothing uncertain for his future. We know this guy is going to stomp a hole in whoever is unlucky enough to fight him next. And you know what? I bet it's going to end with Kenpachi slashing them in half or across the chest. Just like all of his fights end. Oh, but not before he fodderizes a ton of Quincy again.

I honestly don't expect anything when if comes to Kenpachi. However, I was expecting Unohana to be treated a little better than to be a stepping stool for Kenpachi. Years and years of hype and this is how she is treated. That isn't really flattering.
    Yes, that's reasonable. But keep in mind that as far as we know the fight isn't over yet. If next chapter Unohana dies, that'd be pretty bland indeed. If she loses but comes back to fight the Vandenreich in an awesome fashion, that'd be great. If she retaliates and gives Kenpachi a true run for his money, that'd be great too.

Let's wait and see, for this isn't over yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Yes, that's reasonable. But keep in mind that as far as we know the fight isn't over yet. If next chapter Unohana dies, that'd be pretty bland indeed. If she loses but comes back to fight the Vandenreich in an awesome fashion, that'd be great. If she retaliates and gives Kenpachi a true run for his money, that'd be great too.

I don't really have a choice. But for now, this is the lowest point in this arc for me personally. Wish I could relax and enjoy the show...but Zaraki just frustrates me to no end.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. She can't be awesome after this flashback and her being the weaker of the two. She's good with sword and that's her specialty, same as Kenpachi. Only the best can shine, you know.
    That's like Rukia can never be awesome because there is Hitsugaya, a much more superior ice element user blocking her way.
    The thing is, we will never say "Oh, look at Unohana! How amazing she is with the sword!" after this point, because, she isn't, compared to Kenpachi.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I seriously the only one who thought this chapter was brilliant art-wise and pretty memorable on its own right?
    Nope...I liked this chapter as well...it is indeed refreshing to see someone actually getting weaker with the advance of time...

And the adult strength vs child strength argument.......that argument is not that valid, since it's the reiatsu and fightings skills that matter, not age...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Nope...I liked this chapter as well...it is indeed refreshing to see someone actually getting weaker with the advance of time...

And the adult strength vs child strength argument.......that argument is not that valid, since it's the reiatsu and fightings skills that matter, not age...
    It's not valid because Kenpachi isn't a child there, he's barely conscious, but an apparent blood sucking monster.
    His looks are just reminding me Gaara

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

What I want right now is an explanation about why Unohana became the pacifist she is today. Because I better get a good reason why she didn't do jack shit against Aizen. That's the only thing that's bugging me right now, and I expect answers in the future.
    Responsibilities of being a healer I guess...let's not forget that she received instruction from a Royal guard, so perhaps the responsibility and perhaps a weight of promise is in there somewhere as well...

And Aizen did have her under Kyouka Suigetsu as well...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

What I'm looking forward too is more training actually...the purpose of this training was to teach Zaraki some Zanjutsu...so if this is the end for Unohana's lessons, then I will be a bit disappointed...although the previous chapters did set the mood for her demise, she should've taugh him some kendo, and then let his instincts loose...or perhaps his instincts include kendo as well...hard to believe...

I think the downside of the chapter is this...it has taken too little screen time for Zaraki to achieve what he did...Unohana should've pounded some two handed swordsmanship into him before making him a monster...so I think it was a bit rushed, and too short for the potential it had...

It was still a pretty good chapter though...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It amazes me how people get upset over Kenpachi and Ichigo being naturally strong, but go gaga over characters like Aizen, and Yamaji with their hax abilities.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

so the reiatsu eating eye patch may be just a...placebo.By wearing it, kenpachi thinks that his powers are limited. but actually while wearing it, he thinks that he is facing a weaker opponent and thus subconciously limit his power. the moment he removes it, mental restraints are also removed, so he can release more power.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Nope. She can't be awesome after this flashback and her being the weaker of the two. She's good with sword and that's her specialty, same as Kenpachi. Only the best can shine, you know.
    That's like Rukia can never be awesome because there is Hitsugaya, a much more superior ice element user blocking her way.
    The thing is, we will never say "Oh, look at Unohana! How amazing she is with the sword!" after this point, because, she isn't, compared to Kenpachi.
    That's like saying that being awesome is directly proportional to being strong. But that is very, very wrong.

Being awesome is being Mizuiro throwing a Molotov coctel at Butterflaizen without even batting an eyelash. Being awesome is facing an enemy you don't have any chance of beating.

It's all about the tension you create in the scene, about the stakes being risen and about a character being brave. Not about power. If that were true, nobody would like Byakuya (since he is weaker than Yamamoto and Kyoraku). If that were true, I wouldn't LOVE Komamura.

Also, Unohana is a healer who also knows her way around swords. Kenpachi is a brute. They are not the same kind of fighter just because both hold the Kenpachi title. Byakuya is also a swordmaster, and weaker than the other two. Doesn't make him useless or less awesome.

Also Don Kanonji.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber34 View Post
    It amazes me how people get upset over Kenpachi and Ichigo being naturally strong, but go gaga over characters like Aizen, and Yamaji with their hax abilities.
    There isn't any sort of correlation. What people (including me) isn't well with is the fact that a master swordsman (Unohana) who knew every single sword technique in the world is inferior to someone who hasn't got any skill to begin with.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post

And Aizen did have her under Kyouka Suigetsu as well...
    Hey, good point. She was busy healing Hiyori + Aizen had her screwed over with his zan = da answer.

I just want it to be clearly explained. Just Aizen showing up and saying/thinking "it's a good thing you were healing ppl back in FKT because I wouldn't have liked facing you" or something like that would be OK with me.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

There isn't any sort of correlation. What people (including me) isn't well with is the fact that a master swordsman (Unohana) who knew every single sword technique in the world is inferior to someone who hasn't got any skill to begin with.
    Kenpachi doesn't lack skill. He knows fencing and shunpo. Look at his moves when he faced Unohana last chapter: he knows how to fight, a least as much as Ichigo does.

In fact, Kenpachi is pretty much like Ichigo. Both are raw potential with experience in real battle who don't really care about kido or underhanded tricks.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

That's like saying that being awesome is directly proportional to being strong. But that is very, very wrong.

Being awesome is being Mizuiro throwing a Molotov coctel at Butterflaizen without even batting an eyelash. Being awesome is facing an enemy you don't have any chance of beating.

It's all about the tension you create in the scene, about the stakes being risen and about a character being brave. Not about power. If that were true, nobody would like Byakuya (since he is weaker than Yamamoto and Kyoraku). If that were true, I wouldn't LOVE Komamura.

Also, Unohana is a healer who also knows her way around swords. Kenpachi is a brute. They are not the same kind of fighter just because both hold the Kenpachi title. Byakuya is also a swordmaster, and weaker than the other two. Doesn't make him useless or less awesome.

Also Don Kanonji.
    If there is another one who uses a million of blades the way Byakuya does and defeats him, yes, he ain't awesome.
    I also love Komamura, but he isn't awesome, either. Like you said, being awesome requires power. Liking a character is totally different or being useless, let's say. Unohana, provided she fights a Quincy after this point, will not be useless.
    But we (or I should say it just for myself, I guess) won't be watching her awestruck, either. It'd be just a level below what is to be demonstrated by Kenpachi.

Ah, and Unohana wasn't originally a healer. She's a swordsman who also knows her way with healing.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Kenpachi doesn't lack skill. He knows fencing and shunpo. Look at his moves when he faced Unohana last chapter: he knows how to fight, a least as much as Ichigo does.

In fact, Kenpachi is pretty much like Ichigo. Both are raw potential with experience in real battle who don't really care about kido or underhanded tricks.
    I doubt he knows shunpo back at that flasback's time.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am guessing it is the same thing as always. Kenpachi has no skill whatsoever with a sword to the point where it might as well be using an old broomstick however he makes up for it with sheer volume of reiatsu. In other words, his reiatsu is simply so much greater than unohana's that whatever swordsmanship he managed to pick up during the fight (he said he was going at it with reflexes alone just now) and the sheer volume of reiatsu he has is enough to defeat the single greatest swordsman in bleachverse. Once kenpachi gets to the two hands thing he is going to be an absolute monster.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is another one who uses a million of blades the way Byakuya does and defeats him, yes, he ain't awesome.
    I also love Komamura, but he isn't awesome, either. Like you said, being awesome requires power. Liking a character is totally different or being useless, let's say. Unohana, provided she fights a Quincy after this point, will not be useless.
    But we (or I should say it just for myself, I guess) won't be watching her awestruck, either. It'd be just a level below what is to be demonstrated by Kenpachi.

Ah, and Unohana wasn't originally a healer. She's a swordsman who also knows her way with healing.
    But Unohana knows kido, has shikai and probably bankai, and fights in a different fashion. She's not very similar to Kenpachi. In fact, she looks more like Byakuya or Kyoraku to me. If Kenpachi being stronger than her means she's useless, so is every other captain. And so is every lieutenant. And all of the nakama. And the Arrancar.

It won't make any difference from what we've been seeing since SS arc. There hace always been characters who are more powerful than others. And this goes for every shonen manga in existence.

Unohana can do things Kenpachi can't. Which is healing, kido, shikai and being reasonable. That could count for something so don't count her out.

21. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast