Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 394

Thread: Bleach 525 Discussion

  1. #211
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Perhaps we're looking at this all wrong. Who's to say training has even started. Look at it this way, if you're not giving it 100% is your instructor going to really try to waste time teaching? Maybe she is first trying to push him to attain his full power before she shows him how to harness and focus it. As soon as he starts getting comfortable and confident, she goes to the next level. Who knows, maybe she couldn't bring herself to go hard on him as a kid so she didn't use bankai. I'll admit, this chapter wasn't great, but it made sense at least. People limit themselves mentally all the time. I think it's too early to assume we have the whole story with these two.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #212
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Liked the chapter, good to see the backstory and I didn't see Ken being stronger than Unohana while being a child coming at all. Guess his massive power and reckless abandon (in search for someone on par to his level) was more for her flat out skill to handle.

    I see the one Quincy with the fear factor ability owning Ken with his new found power that is being brought out of him now. He will be brought down to a weaker level that he is possibly at now unless he can truly master the art of controlling his own power and releasing it properly. I assume that is what Unohana is trying to teach him at the end of all this.

  4. #213
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Albania
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    The thing I don't like about this chapter is that it creates a plot hole that could have been avoided.

    Unohana was the one healing Kenpachi all along and that sucks because it means there was innate ability of Zaraki which was healing him. Ten chapters ago Zaraki was described as in the same state as Bykuya: as unconciouss and unlikely to awaken or resume his Captain duties.

    Eight chapters later Zaraki is ready to fight Unohana?

    If Zaraki had some innate healing abiltiy then it can explain how he got recovered. Since there is none then it leaves a massive plot hole because it was unlikely that Unohana could have healed Kenpachi but she somehow did.

    I don't mind Kubo retconning information but seriously has he forgotten about something he wrote just 10 chapters ago?

  5. #214
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    maybe it isn't a plothole if unohana healed him 8 days ago just like she's reviving him now every 5 seconds.

  6. #215
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,019
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    I can't believe that captain commander will sacrifice unohana to bring zaraki to his prime/former self but as we know almost nobody die in bleach so there is still hope that unohana will survive even if she isn't stronger than zaraki, i will love to see her fight the damn quincies..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

  7. #216
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    I can't believe that captain commander will sacrifice unohana to bring zaraki to his prime/former self but as we know almost nobody die in bleach so there is still hope that unohana will survive even if she isn't stronger than zaraki, i will love to see her fight the damn quincies..
    I know, right. Sacrificing another captain with loads of experience and master healing capabilities sound excessive. I would love to see two Kenpachis going berserk on Quincies *shivers*.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; January 31, 2013 at 01:09 AM.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #217
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Great chapter this week. Kudos to Kubo for revealing a little about Zaraki's past and that it's connected to Unohana too.

    Pretty interesting that, Zaraki could've killed Ichigo, back in the SS arc, if not for his encounter with Unohana as a child and I disagree with him winning against Nnoitra by a hair's breath. Nnoitra was garbage and had the worse abilities of all the Espada.

    Next chapter, looking to see how Zaraki's power will change the course of events for the upcoming battle against the Quincy.


    p.s., Now, if only Hitsugaya could reach his full potential, he'd be really bad a** in a fight.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #218
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Albania
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by provkitir View Post
    maybe it isn't a plothole if unohana healed him 8 days ago just like she's reviving him now every 5 seconds.
    It was still stated that he was unlikely to wake up and resume his Captain duties and now he is. That's ridiculous.

    Why is everyone assuming Unohana is going to die? Obviously Zaraki is going ot spare her like how he spares all of his opponents after he weakens them.

  12. #219
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,823
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Just noticed after reading the chapter again in Mangastream.

    Unohana stated that she is stronger than anyone but Zaraki.

    That is quite a statement when Yamamoto is obviously stronger.


    The original Zaraki will return. But that is only the first step. The original Zaraki only has uber raw power. He still needs to learn the name of his soul cutter.

    I predict that Unohana will live to teach him about the shinigami arts.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; January 31, 2013 at 01:51 AM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  13. #220
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    I can't believe that captain commander will sacrifice unohana to bring zaraki to his prime/former self but as we know almost nobody die in bleach so there is still hope that unohana will survive even if she isn't stronger than zaraki, i will love to see her fight the damn quincies..
    Actualy no, Kyoraku is a gambler(even his zan is a game-based), as i see it he want to achieve two things by sending Unohana to train Ken-chan:
    1) First is to make him stronger, case in fact yes, he is their trumph card in upcomming strike-back operation.
    2) He wants to set Zaraki on a path of defender, its like when Urahara trained Ichigo for the first time, he turned his fears in his strengh ( i dont remember exact chapter, but he said something like "when you swing your blade you think: i afraid they will get hurt, but you should think:i wont let them get hurt") so basicly he want to change Zaraki like Zaraki changed Unohana back there (i think it was case of him, she quit killin stuff), so in the end he will not kill Unohana but will find joy in something else, not just in fights to death. Plus i think this kind of thing already tryed to do Yamamoto (i actualy dont remember where it was stated, but he teached Zaraki some "crap" and Ken-chan was respecting old man too)

  14. #221
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post

    I do believe the problem lies in what people were expecting. Maybe the answer lies in what One Piece fans do: relax and enjoy the show. God how I envy those guys.
    I don't quite see the problem in going in-depth. That's part of the fun isn't it? As long as you don't take it too far.
    Of course you can't forget it's a Shonen manga...

    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Could be an explanation. However, I wonder if her will wavered so much. Isn't like she submitted to him too easily? Being the previous Kenpachi, she should have more will or aggression.
    I was thinking maybe it's 'cause of the, you know, kinda sexist ways of Japan or atleast Shonen mangas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    That's a theory. I want and explanation, because there better be a very good reason she didn't intervene during FKT when she could have.

    Possible answers:

    a) She lets herself loose during fights and can endanger others, a la Kyoraku's bankai.
    b) She has a mental block against violence.
    c) What you say.

    I hope Kubo doesn't dodge this one.
    Well I think others answered your question. But if you ask me it could have been because the younger captains needed the experience, I mean it's not like Yama or Unohana would do everything for them because they're better at it. And Unohana couldn't do much towards Kyoka Suigetsu like others said.
    Maybe she would have tried something at the last moment, had Ichigo not stepped in.



    But yea, let's just wait and see what happens with this training. And any character appears to be weak if you compare them to someone stronger.

    ---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

    Also for whatever reason, I find Unohana's expression on the last page (top panel before she gets cut, close-up on her face) to be...strangely hot? lol

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #222
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    the chapter wasnt that great. just waiting to get back to the quincies and grimmjow. and isshins story


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  17. #223
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuMaDD View Post
    Liked the chapter, good to see the backstory and I didn't see Ken being stronger than Unohana while being a child coming at all. Guess his massive power and reckless abandon (in search for someone on par to his level) was more for her flat out skill to handle.

    I see the one Quincy with the fear factor ability owning Ken with his new found power that is being brought out of him now. He will be brought down to a weaker level that he is possibly at now unless he can truly master the art of controlling his own power and releasing it properly. I assume that is what Unohana is trying to teach him at the end of all this.
    That is rather likely the most unprobable thing to happen. Besides the fact that Kenpachi will never fight that one because it's a fight belonging to Renji and possibly Byakuya if he will fight again. Considering how strong Kenpachi Zaraki will probably get by this training and his general personality.. He even enjoys tasting the feeling of fear because he feels it so seldom. He'll just cut her in half.

  18. #224
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    It was still stated that he was unlikely to wake up and resume his Captain duties and now he is. That's ridiculous.

    Why is everyone assuming Unohana is going to die? Obviously Zaraki is going ot spare her like how he spares all of his opponents after he weakens them.
    It wasn't "stated". Some messenger said, immediately after the battle and before Kenpachi could get any real treatment, that his injures were severe and that it was unknown if he could wake up.

    There are thousands of real people who might have never woken up but did anyway. That line of the messenger dude was just to underline the hopelessness of the moment and to give Soifon an excuse to snap and so Kyoraku could deliver awesome sauce. Nothing more. Let's not nitpick, for people have survived being cut in half in our Bleach before. And I'm talking about Ichigo vs. Aizen here -you know, when Bleach was so good and all.

  19. #225
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,906
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

    I'm quite sad knowing the possibility of Unohana dead, as much as I love seeing the background story and history between the two of them.
    It's sort of a waste and stupid to sacrifice her since it'd me a LOT more helpful for SS to have them two alive and striking together than just one.


    *The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

New Reply
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts