Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 525 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    It's the fact that she is Yachiru, the one Zaraki respected and wanted to become like. The fact that she is actually weaker than him so much so that she made HIM weaker kind of cheapens the respsect he has for her for me personally. Although it does make their relationship more complex. I want to know why Unohana decided to heal people though. I hope it's her punishment for killing so many people given to her by Central 46 or something. At least Kubo isn't in love with Kenpachi like Narita was. Tanking 50 Ittokasos and Kurohitsugis is a bit much......
    Yeah. I have no problems with Zaraki being powerful, he was always powerful. His whole theme of holding himself back in order to satisfy his bloodlust was cool. But now it feels like his power is just at a level where it diminishes almost everyone else, especially Unohana, who we've been waiting to see in action for ages. We've got all these characters with their interesting abilities and techniques and philosophies of battle, and then Zaraki who can evidently just bulldoze mindlessly through anything he feels like in the most uninterestingly straightforward way.

It's funny, because I can enjoy characters like Aizen and Yamamoto being that powerful. Aizen was the antagonist, so whenever he used his power it would make things happen in the story, so it was cool. With Zaraki, eh, it's just not that entertaining. But yeah, I just hope Kubo doesn't take it to the silly levels Narita did, making Zaraki a semi-Transcendent or something. Still, I now wonder how Zaraki's going to react to all this. Now there's no way he's going to be able to draw out his battles the way he did before. I suppose that's one thing to come out of this development that could be interesting.

Interesting thought that becoming a healer was actually imposed on Unohana. That could be the reason Yama had her stand back during the Vandenreich's invasion and why she didn't raise a hand against Rudobon in HM, or Aizen when she found him in C46's underground chambers. Her refusal to harm anyone and even going so far as to heal injured enemies (that Privaron Espada Chad fought) is almost pathological, but maybe it's not even her choice. Kirinji was also kind of threatening when he spoke to her. Maybe he had to force his teachings upon her. I'm definitely interested to get more backstory on her.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite a new entry for what concerns Bleach,as I've been reading it since november 2011,the end of the fullbringers arc that is. Therefore,I didn't know what you meant by saying "senseless power-ups". Yet, after witnessing kenpachi made stronger than all the captains except yamamoto (and aizen) made me realize it: now I understand that.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post

Yeah probably; I just hate it when Kubo creates a false sense of danger. Even Ikkaku was very worried about his Captain and 8 chapters later he's fine?
    Makes me recall some part where Ikkaku was about to have his funeral? I just received my vol copy that includes the arrancar arc. Thing is Kubo loves to put in the extra drama, people are about to die not.
    Also Hyori got cut in half she should be dead, look at the minor damage Gin received and hes dead? (compared to her). Whats most important with Bleach is waiting till the fat lady sings ^^. Everything in between can change with the flip of a coin.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kenpachi actually involunterily suppress his power just to make sure he doesn't win, then I'm guessing he could have pimp-slapped Juhu Bach during their fight. Blut vein? More like SLASHED VEIN!!!!

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering something here... if kenpachi subconsciously limits his own power during fights then whats stopping this from happening again the microsecond he stops fighting unohana? He is good to go if he fights someone stronger than him however the moment he starts fighting those weaker than himself he will immediately switch to power surpressing mode once again. If he suppresses his power unconsciously then he would need actual training in order to be able to be able to control that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am wondering something here... if kenpachi subconsciously limits his own power during fights then whats stopping this from happening again the microsecond he stops fighting unohana? He is good to go if he fights someone stronger than him however the moment he starts fighting those weaker than himself he will immediately switch to power surpressing mode once again. If he suppresses his power unconsciously then he would need actual training in order to be able to be able to control that.
    unohana clarified it- when she said during her internal thought monologue while killing zakari, that each time he gets defeated he takes a step towards his original self that was stronger than her. He got stronger when ichigo beat him, and then again fighting the espada. Now she has killed him repeatedly, and he is nearing his original self.

I think he might end up still wearing the patch, for fun. but that internally he wont be shackled anymore. thats my take on it anyways.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

mi was wondering if this is a foreshadow of kenpachi if he is able to release his truth power, will kenpachi or Ichigo fight Bach
    personally i think if if kenpachi gets his true power then I would like a brutal and violent fight between him and Bach

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

His limit was imposed by a traumatic event, so should he get "healed" from the trauma, then unless he suffers another one he'll remain as strong as he is.

Also, it's quite ironic that Unohona is still following her duties as a healer by healing Kenpaichi, even as a psycopath she is still helping people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lazarus812's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

only unohana inspired that subconscious supression in him, maybe she really needs to die so that he can go on to find stronger opponents
    "...Your wretched stench of humility stains the air, intoxicating the masses into a frenzy of false hope and loyal servitude. I, however, am not swayed by your hollow words. I am an arbiter for action, and as such, theories and promises do little in convincing me..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Interesting thought that becoming a healer was actually imposed on Unohana. That could be the reason Yama had her stand back during the Vandenreich's invasion and why she didn't raise a hand against Rudobon in HM, or Aizen when she found him in C46's underground chambers. Her refusal to harm anyone and even going so far as to heal injured enemies (that Privaron Espada Chad fought) is almost pathological, but maybe it's not even her choice. Kirinji was also kind of threatening when he spoke to her. Maybe he had to force his teachings upon her. I'm definitely interested to get more backstory on her.
    Interesting idea. Your profile pic made me realize another thing I'm worried about now. I hope Kenpachi isn't going to reach a level where he can make scrubs out of the Royal Guard. I predict that Kenpachi and Kirinji will end up fighting each other at some point in the manga, and I would love to see that but I would want it to be a real fight too and not a cop out. Kenpachi admires Yachiru, whereas Kirinji seems to think rather lowly of her now, plus he taught her the techniques that Kenpachi hates, so I could see Kirinji really pissing off Kenpachi, which would be interesting to see. Kenpachi fighting someone just because he pisses him off, although if the two ever did fight I suspect there would be a much bigger reason than that.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

furthermore,he was stronger than her when he was a child,now he should be much stronger,isn't that so? I'd say his current true level might be near aizen's. not to mention that,if he really manages to achieve bankai,he might even overcome aizen's and get close to yamamoto's level!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Makes me recall some part where Ikkaku was about to have his funeral? I just received my vol copy that includes the arrancar arc. Thing is Kubo loves to put in the extra drama, people are about to die not.
    Also Hyori got cut in half she should be dead, look at the minor damage Gin received and hes dead? (compared to her). Whats most important with Bleach is waiting till the fat lady sings ^^. Everything in between can change with the flip of a coin.
    Yeah, I agree with that. Unless a character is supposed to die, he won't die and vice versa.
    To me, Kenpachi never looked like dead in the first place, since he was off-paneled and I'm not too disappointed by him fighting through after recovering only a short while ago. That's his character's nature.

kkck's question, by the way, is quite interesting. Who knows for sure that Kenpachi won't be stepping back once again subconsciously after he's paired with a weakling? He doesn't even know he's suppressing his own power to this degree, so, it's really tough to foresee how he will handle the situation afterwards.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Yeah, I agree with that. Unless a character is supposed to die, he won't die and vice versa.
    To me, Kenpachi never looked like dead in the first place, since he was off-paneled and I'm not too disappointed by him fighting through after recovering only a short while ago. That's his character's nature.

kkck's question, by the way, is quite interesting. Who knows for sure that Kenpachi won't be stepping back once again subconsciously after he's paired with a weakling? He doesn't even know he's suppressing his own power to this degree, so, it's really tough to foresee how he will handle the situation afterwards.
    Will he find a new found cockiness once he becomes his true self? and will he even remember the fight he had with JB(or imposter)i mean Unohana didn't even mention that he lost to him in her subconscious
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Will he find a new found cockiness once he becomes his true self? and will he even remember the fight he had with JB(or imposter)i mean Unohana didn't even mention that he lost to him in her subconscious
    And the healing ends up in an odd way. Why doesn't Unohana tell him that she's healing him so that they could continue the battle? Instead, Kenpachi doesn't have a clue about what's constantly happening to him. A bit odd for me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering something here... if kenpachi subconsciously limits his own power during fights then whats stopping this from happening again the microsecond he stops fighting unohana?
    He knows that he was trashed by Bach and that Yamamoto, his biggest "threat" in SS was killed by that person too, so he would have the knowledge that somebody stronger than her is alive and waiting to be slaughtered. So no reason to go into supression mode again. All he needs to know is that there are stronger people out there that he is allowed to fight.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast