Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 525 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Stzake's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

Gotei 13 founded by Yamaji.

That makes Yamaji first CC.

Shino Academy founded by Yamaji 2000 years ago.

Shinsui and Ukitake was first graduates at Shino Academy and they are the first captains after the orginal g13 members.

That makes Shinsui and Ukitake older than 2000 years old.

Just read the manga, some guys here are wrong, and gives wrong information.
    '

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stzake View Post
    Gotei 13 founded by Yamaji.

That makes Yamaji first CC.

Shino Academy founded by Yamaji 2000 years ago.

Shinsui and Ukitake was first graduates at Shino Academy and they are the first captains after the orginal g13 members.

That makes Shinsui and Ukitake older than 2000 years old.

Just read the manga, some guys here are wrong, and gives wrong information.
    It is never stated that Shunsui and Uki were the first graduates, it said that they were the first graduates to become captain http://www.mangareader.net/94-609-9/...apter-155.html. I'd love to see your reference on where it said that he and Uki were the first graduates.

When Yama became CC 1000 years ago, he is described by Bach as a ruthless killer http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/11. After the quincy war, he got softer. In the flashback before his death, we see his softer side talking to Shunsui, who was still a young boy http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/2. So it is logical to say that Shunsui haven't even graduated from the academy at that time. He does not graduate until he is older than this http://www.mangareader.net/94-609-8/...apter-155.html
    Last edited by River_Capulet; February 04, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui and ukitake were never said to be the first graduates of the academy. They were the first graduates of the academy to become captains. In this particular context this is specially relevant because captains as we know them today can be dated back to the times of the original quincy war or so. Shunsui was seen as a kid seemingly after the original war against juhabach, its unlikely he is older than 1000 years(that or he was a baby during the original quincy war).

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    It is never stated that Shunsui and Uki were the first graduates, it said that they were the first graduates to become captain http://www.mangareader.net/94-609-9/...apter-155.html. I'd love to see your reference on where it said that he and Uki were the first graduates.

When Yama became CC 1000 years ago, he is described by Bach as a ruthless killer http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/11. After the quincy war, he got softer. In the flashback before his death, we see his softer side talking to Shunsui, who was still a young boy http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/2. So it is logical to say that Shunsui haven't even graduated from the academy at that time. He does not graduate until he is older than this http://www.mangareader.net/94-609-8/...apter-155.html
    actually,juha bach said he was a ruthless killer,but 1000 years before the war (2000 years ago) ,he was soft towards sasakibe.
    btw guys,yama founded gotei 13, but some royal guards seem older than him,not to mention that I remember someone said he was something like the 30th CC.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    actually,juha bach said he was a ruthless killer,but 1000 years before the war (2000 years ago) ,he was soft towards sasakibe.
    btw guys,yama founded gotei 13, but some royal guards seem older than him,not to mention that I remember someone said he was something like the 30th CC.
    Royal Guards age is a question mark up in the air. Hikifune is definitely younger, but can't say much about the others.
    The 30th CC thing was a mistranslated line.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the sasakibe part was not seen in a battle context. We saw yamamoto meeting a shinigami he saw on regulr basis, that is not quite the same as saying that in the middle of battle genryusai from back then wouldn't have gone to inhuman, even cruel, extremes to win.

The 30th commander thing was a mistranslation. Perhaps yamamoto was not the first leader the military force of SS ever had however he did found the squads as we know them today.

As far as the royal guards, we have to consider there are many possibilities in regards to their age. Maybe yamamoto was actually one of the first to get a zampakuto or maybe being royal keys or within a separate dimension from sereitei has something to do with their implied long lives even in comparison to other captains. The king is supposed to be godlike and the royal guards are the history of SS in itself in some ways, it wouldn't be weird if there was something keeping them alive (although it does seem like tenjirou (having taught unohana healing techniques, kirio (being promoted 100 years ago) and shutara (being familiar with mayuri) are relatively not that old to begin with).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And again with the exxagerated writing... Why make him stronger than Unohana even as a kid? There was absolutely no reason to do that. Kubo should've just said that he injured Unohana and showed the potential to become stronger than her, but with time adjusted his powers to his enemies because he would've never experienced the same fun as he had whith her otherwise. This is just a stupid mistakes that pisses off the readers (and they're rightfully pissed), which could've been easilly avoided.

Also the excuse of this "just being shounen" is as weak an excuse as it gets. There are plenty other shounen out there with good writing.
    And sure it won't have any meaning in the long run, but sometimes the journey is more important that the destination. If the end of the manga would be everything that counts in Bleach, then excuse me for spoiling it for everyone: The good guys win.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Necron View Post
    And again with the exxagerated writing... Why make him stronger than Unohana even as a kid? There was absolutely no reason to do that. Kubo should've just said that he injured Unohana and showed the potential to become stronger than her, but with time adjusted his powers to his enemies because he would've never experienced the same fun as he had whith her otherwise. This is just a stupid mistakes that pisses off the readers (and they're rightfully pissed), which could've been easilly avoided.
    Just like you don't like this development, there are some of us who don't see anything wrong with it... I mean, I find this to be pretty much like Luffy showing Haoshoku haki alluvasudden just because (just another example of another good shonen manga).

I mean, I don't see why Kenpachi being stronger makes no sense, but Unohana being godly does.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Royal Guards age is a question mark up in the air. Hikifune is definitely younger, but can't say much about the others.
    The 30th CC thing was a mistranslated line.
    oh so it was a mistranslation? Fine,that's a reassuring thing,so yama is maybe the first leader of the shinigami.
    I agree: imo,yama was the first one who received a sword back in the days..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back over this whole training session, it actually was a very entertaining (if brief) fight, with some nice moves made by both parties. It goes to show that when he's being pushed, Zaraki can actually be fairly interesting to see doing battle. His earlier fights have consisted of him swinging his sword with a bit more or a bit less strength. Or that one time with two hands. But Unohana actually forced him to be a bit more resourceful, which was cool to see. I guess now it's been a few days to think over this development, my problem isn't with him being strong, just that if he's strong enough, all he'll ever have to do is go back to his normal fighting style, tanking attacks and hacking at people, which has become kind of boring.

Since Yama's death, Kubo's introduced the Royal Guard, unleashed Unohana, confirmed the continued existence of the Fullbringers, and Ichigo and co. are now receiving a tune up in the Royal Palace, not to mention the host of other characters we've yet to see go all out. He must be gathering all these powers on Team Shinigami for some reason. Someone's got to come along who's strong enough that this will be an actual war and hopefully not a repeat of the Great Espada Massacre. Whether it will all be the Vandenreich or some new antagonists are going to come along, I'm excited to see. So yeah, now that the initial WTFness has subsided, I suppose I'm more interested in seeing where this development goes than being annoyed that it happened. Although I do still see valid problems with it. I'll just say I hope Zaraki doesn't wind up being a boring version of Yama power-wise.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Necron View Post
    Also the excuse of this "just being shounen" is as weak an excuse as it gets. There are plenty other shounen out there with good writing.
    And sure it won't have any meaning in the long run, but sometimes the journey is more important that the destination. If the end of the manga would be everything that counts in Bleach, then excuse me for spoiling it for everyone: The good guys win.
    Not every shounen is flawless, the author always writes something questionable time from time. Say One Piece is an exception and I will slap you in the face with a salmon. Anyway it's almost time for the next chapter, enough already, I don't like this revelation but it honestly doesn't change much in terms of the manga anyway. Kenpachi was already hax, Unohana is still really strong, but now we know that Kenpachi should be stronger than her. It's not a big revelation for the story that changes everything and whether anyone likes it or not it makes sense. There's still plenty to look forward to, including Unohana's Bankai. Only thing that would make me continue to complain about this revelation is if Unohana just died.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually,there's indeed a problem with him being stronger than her: he was supposed to be weaker ,and now out or the blue it comes out he had defeated her when he was still a child. That's an awful jawdrop,like making sasuke (after 20volumes of supposed known truth) developing the sharingan when he was 7 and even chasing Itachi,of course it was shown later,in a flashback which not even sasuke remembered about... Now it's the same.so why did yama train him? Why has kenpachi been training,if he is still weaker than he was,too much power without a reason,though we should wait for kubo's excuses...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I should wait for your post to make any sense. :'(

Yama trained him because he lacked kenjutsu/kendo, but after they have seen his potential, Central 46 ordered him to stop. He's beeing trained right now to open himself up, to get his old power back, after slowly moving towards that point with past clashes. Unohana is just there to fast forward that process because it takes hundreds if not thousands of near dead experiences to reach that poinr.

What execuses do you mean? He has supressed himself unconsciously and consciously at the same time.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

But if we take the conversation with the young shunshui into context. We clearly see that Yama referred to his other self as a monster, and it probably will never appear again. It is a strong indication that he was referring to himself during the quincy war.

About the Kenpachi thing. It's a matter of preference here. I like people who trains hard to achieve extraordinary results. Some people prefer natural geniuses that don't require as much training. IN the end, we'll have to just accept the facts and continue with it, like Ichigo's quincy power.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions *NO CHAPTER THIS WEEK*

I'm very said to announce it, but there is no Bleach chapter this week :|

ex oriente lux

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast