Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

I have a feeling that Kaido is going to end up being an Awakened Zoan or something along those lines. Everything points to this guy being 1. A monster literally and figuratively, and 2. Someone that you don't back out of a deal/agreement with no matter the circumstances. What Law is doing to Doflamingo is that he is making him sever his ties with the WG. We all know that Doflamingo works with some very high ranking WG officials, but we also know that the new Fleet Admiral Akainu despises pirates which includes those of the Shichibukai. Doflamingo leaving the Shichibukai, especially for no apparent reason, would catch the attention of the WG but especially the Marines, including the Admirals as Law noted.

Any way you look at it Law is really quite a cruel individual, he likes to play around with people as much as anyone we've seen. But i will say this much, Oda is working very hard once again in showings us how much Doflamingo's crew cares for him, but more importantly how much he cares for them. He told Baby 5 and Buffolo not to worry about apologizing since they were following his orders, and the first thing he asked Law was for their bodies. This may be subtle as this point and not mean a whole lot, but i think its going to be very important when Doflamingo finally begins to move against Law and Luffy.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    come to think of it, it was mentioned by Monet that DD wants to be pirate king, yet, to our knowledge, he hasn't made a move on any of the yonkous yet. Law might be trying to force DD out of his current comfort zone and force him to expedite his plans of being pirate king.
    Defeating one of the Yonkou would not put him any closer to becoming Pirate King than he already is. Navigating the entire Grand Line (Paradise and New World) and finding Roger's treasure is the only way to become Pirate King. Defeating a Yonkou won't be Luffy and Law any closer either. It will give them the opportunity to navigate the New World freely, without becoming subordinate to a Yonkou, but that is all. Dofla achieved the same freedom by becoming an ally of Kaido, Jinbe by allying with Whitebeard, and later, Mam. From Dofla's perspective, his status as a Shichibukai probably is the most advantageous position he could have. As an ally of the government he could build his underworld empire without fear of arrest. That's why Law is insisting he step down. He's not just a pirate, but an underworld broker. That is why Law said the Admiral won't sit idly by if he is no longer an ally. We saw how they reacted to Jinbe refusing his duties. Jinbe was not also an underworld kingpin, yet they still tossed him in Impel Down.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

We don´t know the exact definition on how to become PK (well, most think that finding OP makes you automatically PK), nor do we know whether DD believed in that or had another image of what a Pirate King is since he rather seems like a realist who would not believe in any ominous treasure. Either way, everything he did so far certainly increased his power (becoming a Shichibukai, becoming a broker) but it did not really help him get closer to being the PK. If he thinks that PK is the one who stands above all other pirates, then beating the Yonkou would be the goal which pretty much is the opposite he was doing the last 2 years, namely helping one to get stronger (unless there is something wrong with the Smiles). If he thinks finding OP makes him PK, he still did not really do something to achieve that, thus i am a bit disappointed in the characterization of DD after the TS.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I have a feeling that Kaido is going to end up being an Awakened Zoan or something along those lines. Everything points to this guy being 1. A monster literally and figuratively, and 2. Someone that you don't back out of a deal/agreement with no matter the circumstances. What Law is doing to Doflamingo is that he is making him sever his ties with the WG. We all know that Doflamingo works with some very high ranking WG officials, but we also know that the new Fleet Admiral Akainu despises pirates which includes those of the Shichibukai. Doflamingo leaving the Shichibukai, especially for no apparent reason, would catch the attention of the WG but especially the Marines, including the Admirals as Law noted.

Any way you look at it Law is really quite a cruel individual, he likes to play around with people as much as anyone we've seen. But i will say this much, Oda is working very hard once again in showings us how much Doflamingo's crew cares for him, but more importantly how much he cares for them. He told Baby 5 and Buffolo not to worry about apologizing since they were following his orders, and the first thing he asked Law was for their bodies. This may be subtle as this point and not mean a whole lot, but i think its going to be very important when Doflamingo finally begins to move against Law and Luffy.
    I thought awakened Zoans become mindless beasts, something which Kaidou doesn't appear to be.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I thought awakened Zoans become mindless beasts, something which Kaidou doesn't appear to be.
    They were intelligent enough to be able to follow orders as well as differentiate between friend and foe. Thats hardly something a mindless creature could do. Kaido is suppose to be the "top beast/monster" thing according to how he is being introduced and described. So i don't see a reason as to why he couldn't be an Awakened Zoan or something along those lines. If he was just a regular run of the mill DF user i don't see why he would be described as something other then human.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't neglect a possibility of zoan but it's also possible he's just ferocious and violent. Perhaps his fighting style is what makes him a beast/thing. Maybe it's because he doesn't leave anyone alive, like he did with Moria's crew. He could also have a paramecia ability which gives him some kind of bestial power.

If it's an awakened zoan like those in ID, I don't see it happening. Unless he's an awakened awakened zoan, one who looks like an animal but has more inteligence than those and can actually talk maybe.

But, as far as I'm concerned, Oda showed Kaidou here (in the top left, don't know who else it should be):
    Spoiler show

and he looks like a human. An angry human with epic mustashe. God I hope he's not a giant, would make a boring battle.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Defeating one of the Yonkou would not put him any closer to becoming Pirate King than he already is. Navigating the entire Grand Line (Paradise and New World) and finding Roger's treasure is the only way to become Pirate King. Defeating a Yonkou won't be Luffy and Law any closer either. It will give them the opportunity to navigate the New World freely, without becoming subordinate to a Yonkou, but that is all. Dofla achieved the same freedom by becoming an ally of Kaido, Jinbe by allying with Whitebeard, and later, Mam. From Dofla's perspective, his status as a Shichibukai probably is the most advantageous position he could have. As an ally of the government he could build his underworld empire without fear of arrest. That's why Law is insisting he step down. He's not just a pirate, but an underworld broker. That is why Law said the Admiral won't sit idly by if he is no longer an ally. We saw how they reacted to Jinbe refusing his duties. Jinbe was not also an underworld kingpin, yet they still tossed him in Impel Down.
    i disagree in your assessment, i believe that it is necessary to defeat one or all yonkous in order to be a contender for the title of pirate king. although technically you would have to reach raftel and claim one piece to be the new pirate king. i feel it's impossible to do so without going through the yonkous first. moreover, if you're not strong enough to defeat a yonkou, if you, hypothetically speaking, find one piece, all the yonkous will attack you at once and take it from you. (unless one piece is some kind of ancient weapon).

the idea i had was:

imagine that Law knew DD from a young age and idolized him the way Luffy idolized Ace or even Shanks. Law grows up, becomes a pirate and decides to follow DD's command. Law then becomes deeply disenfranchised by DD's tactics and becomes increasingly disappointed by his refusal to confront any big shots and his insistence on making deals with them.

Law gets fed up with his one time idol or hero, if you will, and decides to take matters into his own hands and plans this elaborate scheme to force DD out of hiding and force him to be a pirate once again.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    They were intelligent enough to be able to follow orders as well as differentiate between friend and foe. Thats hardly something a mindless creature could do. Kaido is suppose to be the "top beast/monster" thing according to how he is being introduced and described. So i don't see a reason as to why he couldn't be an Awakened Zoan or something along those lines. If he was just a regular run of the mill DF user i don't see why he would be described as something other then human.
    It's a huge step up to go from being able to follow orders and tell friend from foe to being able to conquer a significant portion of the NW (which doesn't just require brute strength) and being cunning enough to try to take out an opponent when the perfect opportunity presents. Unless if he found some way to be an awakened zoan whilst maintaining his intelligence, I just don't see it happening.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Not even a human makes me think he is probably a result of an Artificial DF like that of chopper, maybe a dragon or some norse creature that gives it human like abilities.

Else, Kaidou could be an alien, or a creature that fits that description. And the ship we saw that pulled up Capone Bege's ship, the one that looked like a UFO could be Kaidou's ship.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    It's a huge step up to go from being able to follow orders and tell friend from foe to being able to conquer a significant portion of the NW (which doesn't just require brute strength) and being cunning enough to try to take out an opponent when the perfect opportunity presents. Unless if he found some way to be an awakened zoan whilst maintaining his intelligence, I just don't see it happening.
    Who says Awakened Zoans cannot achieve higher intelligence? That was never stated. We just saw a few that were acting as prison guards, hell even for humans thats not exactly a job that requires a high level of intelligence and cunningness. All you do is follow orders. So just because that group of Awakened Zoans showed no signs of skills beyond of those required for their job doesn't mean that all Awakened Zoans from this point forwards fall into the same category. Thats like saying all bears in OP are as intelligent and skilled as Bepo.

There is really no point in calling and describing Kaido as a monster/beast/creature/thing if he literally wasn't something like that. WB was called a monster at one point, but that was a reflection of his power and not a reflection of what he was. They referred to him as a man/human when speaking about him. So Kaido is either some type of a "normal" beast with a high level of intelligence like Bepo or he is something like an Awakened Zoan. Otherwise i don't see the purpose in calling him everything but a human, talking about him wanting to create a beast like army, and giving him the nickname of a Hundred Beasts.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    i disagree in your assessment, i believe that it is necessary to defeat one or all yonkous in order to be a contender for the title of pirate king. although technically you would have to reach raftel and claim one piece to be the new pirate king. i feel it's impossible to do so without going through the yonkous first. moreover, if you're not strong enough to defeat a yonkou, if you, hypothetically speaking, find one piece, all the yonkous will attack you at once and take it from you. (unless one piece is some kind of ancient weapon).
    I don't think power level will have anything to do with becoming Pirate King. The poneglyphs, understanding of all things, and true history will be key. Yonkou is just a political title, one of the three powers in the One Piece world. Given his role as an underworld broker, being a Yonkou would have hindered Dofla, not helped him. As a Shichibukai he did not have to worry about the Marine potentially disrupting his underworld activity. He was free to operate without fear of arrest. Dofla obviously wants no part in this, and he clearly does not want to fight Kaido either.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't think power level will have anything to do with becoming Pirate King. The poneglyphs, understanding of all things, and true history will be key. Yonkou is just a political title, one of the three powers in the One Piece world. Given his role as an underworld broker, being a Yonkou would have hindered Dofla, not helped him. As a Shichibukai he did not have to worry about the Marine potentially disrupting his underworld activity. He was free to operate without fear of arrest. Dofla obviously wants no part in this, and he clearly does not want to fight Kaido either.
    You seem to assume that DD knows about these things but he clearly does not. I said that in my post at the top of this page (don´t know whether you read it), DD may have a completely different view of being the PK than finding an ominous treasure which may not even exist but even if he does not, he still has done nothing that actually brought him closer to his goal. Knowing DD though, i doubt that he thinks being PK is finding and owning a treasure, for him it is probably much more about standing above the rest and for that, he unavoidably has to target the Yonkou sooner or later. Now, it is possible that he planned to do this far in the future but that would not correlate with his attitude and his epic speeches about the "New Era of strong pirates".

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible that Law is blackmailing Joker just out of spite, as opposed to as part of his plan, and that he has no intention of giving him Caesar back? It might be that he needs Caesar for making a deal with Kaido or something, and he doesn't really need Joker to step down from Shichibukai, just dislikes him and wants to make his life a misery. Although, either way it's in Law's best interests to weaken Joker as much as he can so he doesn't try to intervene with his plans or get revenge.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 31TeV View Post
    Is it possible that Law is blackmailing Joker just out of spite, as opposed to as part of his plan, and that he has no intention of giving him Caesar back? It might be that he needs Caesar for making a deal with Kaido or something, and he doesn't really need Joker to step down from Shichibukai, just dislikes him and wants to make his life a misery. Although, either way it's in Law's best interests to weaken Joker as much as he can so he doesn't try to intervene with his plans or get revenge.
    Law does not strike me as the emotional type but we still do not know what actually happened between those two, i guess it´s not impossible.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Law does not strike me as the emotional type but we still do not know what actually happened between those two, i guess it´s not impossible.
    I agree, actually. He seems very calm and collected and probably wouldn't do something so big if it wasn't part of his plan. So yeah, it's just an unlikely possibility.

New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast