Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    You seem to assume that DD knows about these things but he clearly does not. I said that in my post at the top of this page (don´t know whether you read it), DD may have a completely different view of being the PK than finding an ominous treasure which may not even exist but even if he does not, he still has done nothing that actually brought him closer to his goal. Knowing DD though, i doubt that he thinks being PK is finding and owning a treasure, for him it is probably much more about standing above the rest and for that, he unavoidably has to target the Yonkou sooner or later. Now, it is possible that he planned to do this far in the future but that would not correlate with his attitude and his epic speeches about the "New Era of strong pirates".
    Dofla does not seem to agree with your statement. We know he wants to be Pirate King. Clearly he enjoys his position as Shichibukai. Given his line of work we know that being allied to both the World Government and a Yonkou is advantageous to him. He seems loathe to give up his position, and equally unenthusiastic about challenging Kaito. If he has ambitions of becoming a Yonkou himself, it obviously is not part of his immediate plans. It would seem, that at least presently, Dofla would most like to use his position as Shichibukai and underworld broker as his path to Pirate King.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 30, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

What if ALL hito-hito no mi give human intelligence like Chopper's & Sengoku's fruits, and Kaidou ate a hito-hito no mi while been an amazing and powerful being, like a Dragon. Is it too crazy imagining a Dragon eating another mythical DF hito-hito model that grants a lot of power and human intelligence?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum.

Winter Islands, not being Human, interest from an Ex-Marine...Curious hints.
    Kaidou will reveal more plot points than I originally thought.

I loved the chapter, btw. Nothing to add since you guys almost said all. Although I'll say it one more time: I think it's definite by the looks on Kinemon and Momo faces that they will join the StrawHats. Also, I'm smelling another detour from the intended destination.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious about Green Bit. Where it is, what's there, and why is that where Law intends to go next?
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 30, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I loved the chapter, btw. Nothing to add since you guys almost said all. Although I'll say it one more time: I think it's definite by the looks on Kinemon and Momo faces that they will join the StrawHats. Also, I'm smelling another detour from the intended destination.
    I smell Alabasta 2.0.
    Temporary crewmen who started off as hostile with some kind of disaster going on in their homeland and SH offering to help. But let's not be mean.

Last time it was a Shichibukai and a drought. This time there's what seems to be a famine and... who? Pirates, WG, some other nation? I'd bet my money on WG since they are trying to expand their influence in NW more actively now.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I'm curious about Green Bit. Where it is, what's there, and why that is where Law intends to go next.
    His ship and crew are waiting there, most likely. I'm thinking that should be his priority at the moment.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c685/17.html

From my point of view, I think Flamingo wants to use Kaidou to fight the a yonkou for him and at the same time he'll stir up a war between WG and another different yonkou, if his plan works then there are 3 yonkou out of the game plus the WG becomes significantly weak, hence he only has to worry about the last one. Besides if the plan works smoothly then he'll gain a lot of troops from different groups of pirates too.

Anyway, I believe Law's plan bases on 2 options:

Option A: Flamingo stays with WG, then Law will reveal his dirty dark secrets about helping the yonkou and pirates in NW, I doubt that hot head "absolute justice" Akainu will forgive and forget the betrayal. Besides, Law also tells Kaidou that his men are compromised (or even having other weakness) and Flamingo tries to overthrow him later in the future, not to mention whatever Kaidou had planned now has to change. In this case, Flamingo is screwed both way.

Option B: Flamingo divorces WG, then Law will stir up a war between WG and yonkou or yonkou & yonkou in such a way that at least 2 groups will be out of the game. Or Law will let the everyone knows about the weakness of those artificial dfs so that Kaidou becomes a "lightning rod" for the other strong pirate groups in NW or even other yonkou or WG. Flamingo will be screwed up either way.

Lastly about Kaidou df, there is a possibility that a normal human being ate a dragon (or some legendary monsters type df, you have to ask Pokemon fans lol) df or a crazy case when a dragon(or any ordinary beast) ate a buhhda df similar to sengoku's df.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Law just want to rush this "cold war". Everyone seems to be gathering an army, so by pulling the strings (no pun intended) He just wants to accelerate things to be able to intervene before it's too late.

About the Alabasta 2.0...It could be. After that panel of the Samurai eating I think there is some crisis currently in Wano that makes the food a bit hard to get. It's why Samurai prefer not to eat to help their country. Probably the isolation has to do with it.

Whatever happens, Green Bit will be the island that will mark the next moves for all our players.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c685/17.html

From my point of view, I think Flamingo wants to use Kaidou to fight the a yonkou for him and at the same time he'll stir up a war between WG and another different yonkou, if his plan works then there are 3 yonkou out of the game plus the WG becomes significantly weak, hence he only has to worry about the last one. Besides if the plan works smoothly then he'll gain a lot of troops from different groups of pirates too.
    If Kaido were able to defeat the other Yonkou he would have already. He tried to attack Whitebeard on his way to Marineford, but failed. Shanks prevented the attack, before dispatching Kaido and arriving at Marineford himself. That aside, Dofla did not exactly act like the man in charge this week. He seemed fully aware that what Law said was true. Were Kaido to learn he can no longer produce Smile, he'd be killed. If Dofla were strong enough to secretly be manipulating Kaido, Law would not have been able to threaten him. If Dofla truly was the man in charge, Law's threats ultimately would have been empty.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, I believe Law's plan bases on 2 options:

Option A: Flamingo stays with WG, then Law will reveal his dirty dark secrets about helping the yonkou and pirates in NW, I doubt that hot head "absolute justice" Akainu will forgive and forget the betrayal. Besides, Law also tells Kaidou that his men are compromised (or even having other weakness) and Flamingo tries to overthrow him later in the future, not to mention whatever Kaidou had planned now has to change. In this case, Flamingo is screwed both way.
    Akainu has no say in the matter. The Shichibukai are not affiliated with the Marine, they report directly to the World Government. There is only a small chance the World Government would kick Doflamingo out for consorting with a Yonkou. They have shone little concern in the past for what the Shichibukai do, as long as they can maintain an aura of invincibility. Crocodile was kicked out for losing to Luffy. Gecko Moria was killed at Marineford for the same reason.

Quote Quote:
    Option B: Flamingo divorces WG, then Law will stir up a war between WG and yonkou or yonkou & yonkou in such a way that at least 2 groups will be out of the game. Or Law will let the everyone knows about the weakness of those artificial dfs so that Kaidou becomes a "lightning rod" for the other strong pirate groups in NW or even other yonkou or WG. Flamingo will be screwed up either way.
    Unlikely. After Marineford we all know the consequences of going to war with a Yonkou. While it is possible that at some point the Marine move to regain control of the New World, it will be over something less trivial than Smile.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    About the Alabasta 2.0...It could be. After that panel of the Samurai eating I think there is some crisis currently in Wano that makes the food a bit hard to get. It's why Samurai prefer not to eat to help their country. Probably the isolation has to do with it.
    He refused to eat because of Bushido, the samurai code of honor. It would be dishonorable for him to accept charity from a stranger. Even if Wano were overflowing with food, it still would have been dishonorable. Hopefully when they do reach Wano, the crisis will in some way allude to Monsters.

I wonder if Momo refusing food was an allusion to Ryuma begging for food at the beginning of Monsters.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 30, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well well... Law has the guts, and Dofla now still has one option left: Become Kaidou's underling so he protects him from the Marines and World Government ... I guess the Marines won't protect him against a Yonkou when they find out about Doflamingo's double play.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually curse on here... But Doflamingo's Fucked!!!!

I don't want to have a man crush on Law, but I can't help it!!

Things have just gotten even more tense and dangerous.

I'm personally betting Green Bit is a garden (Spring) island, and where the Heart Pirates have been hiding.. It might also have some advantage.. like neutral ground, or Shanks' territory...I don't know.. But Law wouldn't have told Smoker for no reason...
    I also don't suspect it's somewhere Smoker can simply stroll towards either...

I still think that Momo and Kinemon will lead the SH to Wa no Kuni, and that there will be as some have said "Arabasta 2.0".....
    The waits for chapters are as bad now as back during the war or other epic arcs.......
    Well done Mr. Oda

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the next chapter might actually be one of the best ones in a while. Reason being is that i get the feeling that we're going to go all around the OP world as we see all of the big names react to Doflamingo's sudden resignation from the Shichibukai.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well well... Law has the guts, and Dofla now still has one option left: Become Kaidou's underling so he protects him from the Marines and World Government ... I guess the Marines won't protect him against a Yonkou when they find out about Doflamingo's double play.
    In a sense, Dofla already is an underling of Kaido. He seems to be allied to Kaido, like Jinbe is allied to Big Mam. If Dofla were to resign as a Shichibukai, I wonder if Kaido would actually help him. Would he really challenge the Marine over Dofla, or find a way to take what he needs without having to go to war himself.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor daflomingo...things r heatin up real quick...i cant wait to c wg faces to his resignation. Shs need to get into some serious fights to become stronger. As for law, hes becoming my fav.....but he seriously seems to have a death wish

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a good chapter and doflamingo being in fear and then mad as hell, it was great while law is playing his cards good and e isn't a rookie...
    it was sentimental to see the kids so attached to strawhat crew and even the marines..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

nice to see for once doflamingo not having a smirk on his face he he he

New Reply
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast