Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Doflamingo needs CC because of a deal already made between him and Kaidou. So, if the deal is off because of Law and Luffy than, Kaidou, another of the four emperors will target Luffy and crew as well.

Don't think that would happen... You need to pay attention to Doflamingo's face when Law tells him that Kaido ain't a reasonable guy... He'll just blame it on him, if the guy was that reasonable, I don't think Doflamingo would literally shit in his pants because of the thought of facing Kaido, in fact, he didn't seem much bothered by Law asking him to leave the Shichibukai

Heck, the guy literally asked Law to state his terms after thinking about Kaido... And stopped trying to intimidate Law

Well we can be sure Kaido is a selfish guy that doesn't give a fuck about what happened there, he only wants his Smile, in the same fashion BM only wants her candies

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For Dofla it has really become a pick your poison kind of situation and that's mainly because of "the standing he worked on for the last 10 years". He's going to have to face either Kaidou or the Marines. And I am pretty sure that the Marines will send more than one Admiral to get him because of Doflas implications with and knowledge of the world government. Remember the end of the Marineford arc, when he wanted to take out Moria, those weren't Sengokus orders but Moria should "Try higher!" in guessing whos orders it were. So that would make Dofla automatically a most wanted once he'd be no longer affilliated with the WG.
    Most logical thing for Dofla to do would be to hunt down Law, of course not knowing that he is with the Mugiwaras. So I kind of still expect us to see Dofla vs. Mugiwaras + Law to be the next big thing to happen.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Well we can be sure Kaido is a selfish guy that doesn't give a fuck about what happened there, he only wants his Smile, in the same fashion BM only wants her candies
    When Law conceived his plan he couldn't predict the broadcasting transmition of Luffy knocking out Caesar... Have you consider that if what you said is true a possible consequence is Kaido hunting Law and Luffy? ... and smashing Dofla in his race for them...

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

And also... how much does Kaido know about the smile production?

The true and the reason why we are in all this mess is that ... Luffy thought 30% was a huge amont of chances to achieve success...
    Last edited by Uriel; January 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    Nope! He wasn't bothered. He was just sweating because of the heat of the flare lit by Law
    He began sweating mainly because of Kaido, Oda dedicated one panel to that, just to show the impact of such thing had on Doflamingo

@ukimix

But it's still Dofla's fault you know, should've protected CC better

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think that would happen... You need to pay attention to Doflamingo's face when Law tells him that Kaido ain't a reasonable guy... He'll just blame it on him, if the guy was that reasonable, I don't think Doflamingo would literally shit in his pants because of the thought of facing Kaido, in fact, he didn't seem much bothered by Law asking him to leave the Shichibukai
    He seems worried about Kaido here. He seems angry about Law's conditions here and here. Doflamingo is a notoriously nonchalant character. And yet he did not reacting with his typical arrogance. He didn't even act angry until the end, after Law hung up. His reaction showed genuine fear. Could you point to the page, and specific panels, that contradict these pages?
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 31, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He began sweating mainly because of Kaido, Oda dedicated one panel to that, just to show the impact of such thing had on Doflamingo

@ukimix

Well he protected him quite well, he sent Law there after all. Betrayal was unforeseeable

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchen View Post
    Well he protected him quite well, he sent Law there after all. Betrayal was unforeseeable
    Who sent Law? Not Dofla. Dofla sent Vergo. Dofla hasn't seen Law in a "long time".
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchen View Post
    Law came to PH without Dofla knowing, as Law said to CC to not tell Dofla that he's in PH, although judging from Vergo's reaction when he first appeared, it seems that he knew that Law was there

@Kaiten

He stopped acting arrogant the moment Kaido was mentioned, not after Shichibukai thing, again, that single panel of him sweating and obviously scared... To me, he's more scared of Kaido rather than the marines, not saying that having the Marines chasing your ass is a nice option

Look at this, even Baby 5 commented about his face when he heard about Kaido, it's obvious he's more scared of him rather than the Marines anyway

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad, but on the other hand, there was supposedly nobody on PH other than CC and it's location widely unknown. Should be safe enough.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ukimix

As you said it, if his main concern is his smileis, he wont lost time hunting guilty people...

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    As you said it, if his main concern is his smileis, he wont lost time hunting guilty people...
    It's just I think that Kaido is a selfish bastard, so he doesn't give a flying fuck who did this, he'll just beat the shit out of Dofla, and then perhaps think about hunting Law/Luffy

It's like what happened in FI, basically, that little shitty Daruma destroyed the factory, so it's not FI's citizens fault (in a sense it is their fault too, should've dealt with the Fishman District long ago but anyway), BM doesn't care who did what, she just wants her candy, you don't give her candy, she'll rape you, simple as it is

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yes, but the moment they tell Luffy, the chances could decrease again. So they have to keept it secret from Luffy and the chances would increase. How so, is Luffy your hero? ...

As I see it, Doflamingo's decision is not about business, but about how to survive and how to preserve his freedom. You can restart your business, but you can restart nothing if you are dead. So the question for him is: "what way means to me better chances to keep alive and in the end keep working on my wishes?" Now, on my imaginary ranking of powers, Kaido was much more dangerous than any admiral. But, of course, if Akainu is sitted in from of me, and Kaido is 100 milles away, Akainu could be the most dangerous rival I could hve in a situation like that. So, it's not a thing that depens solely on the level of power of his potential rivals, but aslo on many other factors, like position, possibility of reason, etc... So, now I think it's completely imposible to know what will he do.

Now, does the 30% datum refers to the existing chances that Dofla resign his title. We coulnd't know. It is also possible that Law's plan has more stages than 2. And that percentage could refer to this and the other stages, Maybe, if Law would talk now about it, once the first stage succed, that chances has increase. Anyhow, if Law's plan is a good plan, he would have to calculate what to do, even if Doflamingo doesn't quit.

Another thing to consider. Vergo said Law ignores important thinkgs of Doflamingo's past, and also that those things will make Law to fail. I have thrown a long shot theory about a hypothetical old master which could be one member of te Gorosei. Be that right or not, this seems to be a good moment to contact all the allies Doflamingo has. So if there is an old master, his father in terms of the maffia business, he could call him now.

Is Doflamingo alone? or is he part of a bigger organization in which he is not the big boss (no matter if the organization has the plan to make of Doflamingo the king of pirates)? (Remember that he was instructed to murder Moria.) If that is the case, how much did Law know about it when he conceived his plan for the fist time?

At this point the story has become an authentic and really intense thriller. Many pieces of this fascinating puzzle have to match here. And Luffy will have to solve all the problems derived from the whole situation.

i think law is smart enough to research into DD's past before going after him
    i think this is why he became a warlord.
    he took the title in order to have access into the marines and WG.
    Most likely many within the marines do not like DD after what he did to Z thus many marines he trained are likely to give info to LAW in order to bring DD down.

this is just a theory but i do understand what you are saying

how one thing puzzle me is who are the frozen people in chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/660/6

i thought oda will explain who they are.

Also , i have been thinking and after watching the anime episode the voice of the indivdual who sent the distress signal to come to PH was someone different to law's voice in the anime - law is only accused of telling the SH to come to PH but he didnt say that he did it. so Who was the individual that called the SH??

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/655/5

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

With some luck, if that mystery guy is Aokiji, and that he arrives at PH after Luffy/Law would leave the island, we can get some explanations about PH in general
    But it is a bit obvious why these prisoners are there, I recall that during the war, it was said that Vegapunk was receiving dead bodies/prisoners for his Pacifista experimentation, considering that he was conducting an experimentation about giants in PH and that also CC during his flashback said that Vegapunk should kidnapp children instead and experiment on them, I guess those were Vegapunk " failures " concerning his experimentation about giants

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just I think that Kaido is a selfish bastard, so he doesn't give a flying fuck who did this, he'll just beat the shit out of Dofla, and then perhaps think about hunting Law/Luffy
    Agree. he kills the fly in the middle of the way and then hunt for his smileis.

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    i think law is smart enough to research into DD's past before going after him
    i think this is why he became a warlord.
    he took the title in order to have access into the marines and WG.
    Most likely many within the marines do not like DD after what he did to Z thus many marines he trained are likely to give info to LAW in order to bring DD down.

this is just a theory but i do understand what you are saying

how one thing puzzle me is who are the frozen people in chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/660/6

i thought oda will explain who they are.

Also , i have been thinking and after watching the anime episode the voice of the indivdual who sent the distress signal to come to PH was someone different to law's voice in the anime - law is only accused of telling the SH to come to PH but he didnt say that he did it. so Who was the individual that called the SH??

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/655/5
    Z is not a cannon character, to my understanding. Now, I dont think Law called anybody, even less if he wanted to be completelly out of the spot in PH. Tha call was made by a subordinate of Caesar.

I also would like to know more a bout the frozen people but most likely we will never know ever again about them. Just people for experiments...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law came to PH without Dofla knowing, as Law said to CC to not tell Dofla that he's in PH, although judging from Vergo's reaction when he first appeared, it seems that he knew that Law was there

@Kaiten

He stopped acting arrogant the moment Kaido was mentioned, not after Shichibukai thing, again, that single panel of him sweating and obviously scared... To me, he's more scared of Kaido rather than the marines, not saying that having the Marines chasing your ass is a nice option

Look at this, even Baby 5 commented about his face when he heard about Kaido, it's obvious he's more scared of him rather than the Marines anyway
    Check this link again. It should clear things up for you. In the first panel Law says "resign from the Shichibukai". Dofla expresses clear, unequivocal displeasure. The presence of text should make it very clear that he is reacting to Law's demand, not Kaido's potential anger. I also recommend rereading the next page. Law tells Dofla that he expects to read about his resignation in the next days paper, otherwise he will close negotiations. In the next panel Dofla again, reacts shocked and angry, yelling "wait a minute Law!!", before Law hung up. Clearly he was again reacting to Law's demand he leave the Shichukai. In the last panel, after Law has hung up, Dofla's rage should be clear. Dofla obviously dislikes the idea of resigning from the Shichibukai as distasteful as fighting Kaido. Law has him in a bad spot, his only options to fight Kaido or the Admirals. Oda left no ambiguity in this matter.

New Reply
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast