Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Law hopes to throw the New World into chaos by defeating a Yonkou.
    Yes, that is a chance. But there is another possibility still not ruled out by the manga: Law, first, turns the world into a chaos in order to, in the middle of the chaos, defeat Kaido. What is the first achievement and what the last one? We still don't know it.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Law and Luffy left without meeting Dofla. Didn't someone say that Dofla wouldn't have come out there for nothing, and boht sides would meet? Didn't happen. But now I'm interested in seeing what Dofla will do since he's pretty pissed off.

Wonder why Law doesn't want Dofla as shichibukai though.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yes, that is a chance. But there is another possibility still not ruled out by the manga: Law, first, turns the world into a chaos in order to, in the middle of the chaos, defeat Kaido. What is the first achievement and what the last one? We still don't know it.
    My immediate interpretation was that he first puts the NW into chaos (don´t know yet how) in order to exploit the situation to attack a Yonkou which turned out to be Kaidou but this obviously just my opinion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 696 Discussion / 697 Predictions

I think kaidou is a man who ate a TOTEM TOTEM devil fruit. He is probably a man who transforms into a totem to give his crew some power boost/strength. I think that his totem df also gives him the power to control his crew or at least makes his crewmembers loyal to him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter, one thing i didnt read in these posts (i read randomly).
    1- why are Dofla's pirate , baby five and Buffalo, if i'm no mistaken were tied with chain, since law has the bodies or at least i assume they shoulda been put there but law made it look dramatic.
    2-Why is Dofla concerned about the bodies.
    And finally Law and Luffy's crew left PH for long time since there were http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/17 2 kinda cigar thing have burnt down and the third started to burn

so u guys discussed these point? not they are important but im just wondering.

what i expect from the next chapter
    2 ways if the chapter shows Luffy's crew then
    A- luffy's crew will be listening to Law's plan

if the chapter shows the super nova alliance (kid and the other 2) then we will know who is their target and might be the plan too but if Oda present their plan Law's plan will be presented in that chapter.

Dofla will step down from being WL

why is it so important for Dofla (implied by his crew baby 5) to stay in Drossera.
    we will learn new hings about the new world.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Spoiler Discussion

But why the weakening of the WG would lead to the fall of Kaido? It would lead to the fall of the WG instead...

It's a difficult situation. If the WG is weakened, they might not be able to interfere. They might become a target themselve. To powers fighting each other could help a third one getting more powerful. Like BB did it. He was the one who captured Ace. Ace was the trigger of the war. WB und WG fighting each other, BB got the yonkou status AND was able to infiltrate Impel Down.....

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Of course we do not know in which way Kaidou is a "creature". He could be some kind of animal who ate a Hito Hito No Mi or he could belong to the animal race Bepo and Pekomz seem to belong to (don´t know whether they are seen as human or not) but Nami saying "he´s not even human?" definitely confirms that his title does not contradict with WB´s title.
    But why would his title contradict Whitebeard's? As I understand it, Kaidou's reputation as the strongest thing alive is valid only in the current point of the story, after Newgate's death and two years of time skip. Of course the manga did not make explicit Whitebeard was stronger than every other creature in the world — or so I remember —, but, considering the way he and his crew were presented in the Marineford's arc, I believe it's highly presumable.

As for Law's plan, it would be prudent to take his account of the World Government's careful preparation into consideration. Whatever it may be, it will probably include a direct intervention of the Marines and a radical change in the current social structure of the world. Considering he seems to already have an use for such an interference, I think it's most likely that the chaos will be employed as a way of fighting Kaidou, rather than Kaidou's defeat having the objetive of agravating the chaos — which it will nevertheless.
    Last edited by Der Namenlose; February 03, 2013 at 06:02 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Der Namenlose View Post
    But why would his title contradict Whitebeard's? As I understand it, Kaidou's reputation as the strongest thing alive is valid only in the current point of the story, after Newgate's death and two years of time skip. Of course the manga did not make explicit Whitebeard was stronger than every other creature in the world — or so I remember —, but, considering the way he and his crew were presented in the Marineford's arc, I believe it's highly presumable.
    That´s something i thought about, too but i do not find it likely that after WB´s death people just randomly started to call Kaidou what WB was called before, namely "strongest man in the world". WB´s title probably comes from his countless battles but the fact that he is the only one who tied with Roger also had its part with it and as far as we know, Kaidou does not have such a feat.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Law wants to weaken Kaidou by :
    - having his partner network break down (Dofla comes first but others are to come)
    - having his crew oppose a series of big shots (Pirates & Marines at least)

Of course, with Luffy, there's no way things will go as planned.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    So, Law and Luffy left without meeting Dofla. Didn't someone say that Dofla wouldn't have come out there for nothing, and boht sides would meet? Didn't happen. But now I'm interested in seeing what Dofla will do since he's pretty pissed off.

not to meet him.the first thing Doflamingo told him in this chapter was "you are not easy to meet", being warlords may involve a meeting and law doesn't want to meet him,who is stronger than him. Also,in this way he would corner Doflamingo,as he would have to escape from the admirals,and he wouldn't have time nor chances to take his revenge against law.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no ambiguity in the story. Law has explicitly stated his goals. He wants to defeat defeat a Yonkou, sweep aside the old generation, and prove the strength of the new generation. The New World was thrown into chaos after the death of Whitebeard. It has already been made very clear what to expect after the defeat of a Yonkou. Law obviously expects similar levels of anarchy after Kaido dies.

We know that destroying the SAD facility and capturing CC was the first achievement because Law told us it was, in fact, the first achievement. Two chapters ago he said to Luffy "the first stage is complete".

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If Dofla resigns, his bounty will be reinstated. He would once again be a wanted criminal, hunted by the Admiral's themselves (Law's words, not mine). Law was forced Dofla into the position of either antagonizing the Marine, or antagonizing Kaido.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 03, 2013 at 10:47 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no ambiguity in the story. Law has explicitly stated his goals. He wants to defeat defeat a Yonkou, sweep aside the old generation, and prove the strength of the new generation. The New World was thrown into chaos after the death of Whitebeard. It has already been made very clear what to expect after the defeat of a Yonkou. Law obviously expects similar levels of anarchy after Kaido dies.

We know that destroying the SAD facility and capturing CC was the first achievement because Law told us it was, in fact, the first achievement. Two chapters ago he said to Luffy "the first stage is complete".
    What you say in the firs paragraph makes sense. But still not sure. In a chaotic situation it’s possible to hit stronger. So the other possibility still makes sense.

I was calling achievement to the creation of a chaos in the NW and to the defeat of Kaido, not to the successful finalization of the first stage.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was calling achievement to the creation of a chaos in the NW and to the defeat of Kaido, not to the successful finalization of the first stage.
    We already know he wants to throw the New World into chaos by defeating Kaido, not to create chaos in the New World in order to defeat Kaido. Defeating Kaido will throw the New World into chaos, just like Whitebeard's death at Marineford threw the New World into chaos. Law's actual goal is to sweep aside the old generation, prove the new generations strength, and truly initiate the New Era made possible by Whitebeard's death. This much is well established, Law's goals have been fairly clear and specific.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 03, 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

next Island seems to be green bit,as law told smoker. It's not wano country,what's a pity.yet, they will just go there to gather with law's crew. About that,it's a bad idea letting brownbeard be captured. He should join law,imo,as did jean beart

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

We already know he wants to throw the New World into chaos by defeating Kaido, not to create chaos in the New World in order to defeat Kaido. Defeating Kaido will throw the New World into chaos, just like Whitebeard's death at Marineford threw the New World into chaos. Law's actual goal is to sweep aside the old generation, prove the new generations strength, and truly initiate the New Era made possible by Whitebeard's death. This much is well established, Law's goals have been fairly clear and specific.
    Thanks for the explanation, but I'll keep my chances open. Once I read that the chaos comes after the defeat of Kaido, I will agree with you, not before.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    next Island seems to be green bit,as law told smoker. It's not wano country,what's a pity.yet, they will just go there to gather with law's crew. About that,it's a bad idea letting brownbeard be captured. He should join law,imo,as did jean beart
    that depends on that dilema: is Luffy using Law or is Law using Luffy?

New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast