Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Law's plan sucks! If you think about this, Doflamingo has got a lot of way to bypass it: he is important enough for the WG to obtain the following allowance: he simulates to leave the warlords, just so that the world will know it. However,the admirals and the WG will be aware of the fact he has to do so to counter some strong pirates,therefore they won't hunt him down. at the same time,he may have cc back,or even kaido's help to have cc back

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Law's plan sucks! If you think about this, Doflamingo has got a lot of way to bypass it: he is important enough for the WG to obtain the following allowance: he simulates to leave the warlords, just so that the world will know it. However,the admirals and the WG will be aware of the fact he has to do so to counter some strong pirates,therefore they won't hunt him down. at the same time,he may have cc back,or even kaido's help to have cc back
    A what if comment...

what if Law needs the raction of someone in particular towards the news in the newspaper with the renuntiation of Dofla, someone who will do things Law needs to be done?

So, if you think it sucks at the end of the firs stage (and we ignore how many stages it has), it's because of the combination of (i) Law's plan has more that you can see at the moment, and (ii) you are thinking that you already understood the full plan.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

DD has worked hard at keeping his underworld activity and Joker identity a secret. he even had Vergo infiltrate the the Marines to keep them off his tracks. So, if i were DD i would go to PH, save who i can, pursue the G5 marines and eliminate them. this might be why law told smoker about his next destination, maybe he anticipated that DD would go to PH and see what he could salvage and perhaps run into smoker. although it would really suck if smoker got his ass handed to him by yet another shichibukai.

but i would think "damage control" would be on DD's mind. and eliminating both the marines and the strawhats+law would be a priority.

i don't think DD will easily submit to law's will and i'm assuming that law is well aware of this and has accounted for this in his plan.

DD could ask his crew to move in pursuit of the Law-mugiwa alliance while he goes to PH or vice versa. the only thing that Law's ultimatum achieves is give DD a sense of urgency that forces him to act now rather than weigh out his options and come up with a well thought out plan. i'm assuming this is what law is banking on.

just thought i throw that out there as a theory and possible new point of discussion.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to what ukimix said, you are doing another mistake. You are assuming that the entire WG stays behind DD but we all know that it is not the case. DD seems to have some connections with the upper echelon in the WG but he neither is in a friendly relation with them, nor can we assume that they have the power to convince the Gorosei or the new Fleet Admiral of such an endeavor. I think the opposite could even be the case, considering that DD would have to inform them about his broker business and his transaction with Kaidou, one of the biggest enemies of the WG.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like everyone in here failed a Math class at one point in time or an other....let me explain:

Everyone seems too focused on The Kaido part of the problem, While Ignoring the Marine side of things.
    Law's Plan was to "throw the new world into chaos" yes. So far the Plan seems to be, kidnap CC, Disrupt the Production of Smiles, Force Dofla to quit his Shichibuakai position....and then....Well the Fact Remains that we have enough information to work out some of the Math of the situation Law is trying to create.

Looking at it from the Marines point of view(which I would assume is Heavily Influence bye Akainu)...They've had a Shichibukai in Dofla that has always barely listened to the rules and for the most part has kept what he does a secret(think crocodile in alabasta but even bigger scale). Now, it comes to their attention that Not only was Dofla Playing them like fools, Using his shichibukai status to cover his illegal actions, but he is also doing business with a man that was decidedly so Crazy and focused on Killing people that he triggered the events that forced the Marines off of PH, CC. In addition to this growing lists of issues its also become apparent that Dofla has been helping Kaido of the Yonkou amass a Huge army of ADF users. The Shichibukai were set up to compliment the Marines in times of battle and to balance out the world powers(yonkou vs marines/shichibukai).....

Which brings me to my second point, Once Dofla Steps Down, Not only will Kaido be after his head, but I would assume that the marines would see his resignation as a clear sign of betrayal-meaning that the marines will assume Dofla is leaving the Shichibukai in order to join Kaido and the huge army he has been building. Thus the Marines and their huge army of Pacifista will move against Kaido and His Forces. Law Stated in a previous chapter that both sides(yonkou vs marines/shichibukai) have been buying their time and building up their forces...it makes makes clear sense to me that this will be the triggering point for all the events that will follow in the New World.
    Marines move against Kaido. Kaido falls at the hands of Luffy/Law. Big Mum Moves on Luffy/Law alliance. Kid's alliance shows up just in time to help battle her. BB hearing how Luffy/ect have brough down 2 Yonkou decides to move against the alliance in order to obtain more DFs and finally attempt to kill Luffy. Shanks shows up just in time...yadda yadda....the point is this moment right now in OP seems to me to be the CATALYST for the remaining story...

Law Please Bring the Chaos!

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Doflamingo would have to explain himself.... "I got this underworld business with a Younko, so to not mess it up watch my back right WG?"

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@StrawHat 13 Lol what you wrote sounds more like a chain reaction than something mathematical but i get the picture .It is interesting that you bring the point about the government and i think Law could be using Smoker to leek the information about Kaido and his Zoan army to the government.Knowing how impulsive Akainu is,he will certain take the bait.To use the government and Doflamingo to bring the "beast" down is quite a genius plan and machiavellian one too.What is sure is that after the defeat of Kaido things won't be the same in the new world.It will be chaos.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he will have to explain his reasons,and he should be smart enough to consider this. That man in the WG was above sengoku,so he is above akainu too. Furthermore,akainu hates pirates but warned jinbe more than once to avoid hurting a shichibukai,he won't do anything to him,and the other admirals will have to obey that. His status in this decade should be quite important for the WG,they should accept that. I see this outcome

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think he is that important to the World Government? From their perspective he might just be a loyal dog, nothing more. They are in charge, remember. He attacked Gecko Moriah on their orders, not his own free will. They may see him as someone replaceable, if he does not play by their rules. I understand he already threated to quit the Shichibukai if their orders are not to his liking. Fair enough, maybe he does hold some sway. For all we know, Dofla could have been acting like a petulant child. He had just been reprimanded for failing to kill Moriah. So far it seems a hollow threat. Two years later he has not quit the Shichibukai. The reaction of the official he was talking to was not really shown. He seemed surprised, but that is about all we can draw from ".....!!" We can not no for sure how the World Government actually would feel if he quit.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    It looks like everyone in here failed a Math class at one point in time or an other....let me explain:

Everyone seems too focused on The Kaido part of the problem, While Ignoring the Marine side of things.
    Law's Plan was to "throw the new world into chaos" yes. So far the Plan seems to be, kidnap CC, Disrupt the Production of Smiles, Force Dofla to quit his Shichibuakai position....and then....Well the Fact Remains that we have enough information to work out some of the Math of the situation Law is trying to create.

Looking at it from the Marines point of view(which I would assume is Heavily Influence bye Akainu)...They've had a Shichibukai in Dofla that has always barely listened to the rules and for the most part has kept what he does a secret(think crocodile in alabasta but even bigger scale). Now, it comes to their attention that Not only was Dofla Playing them like fools, Using his shichibukai status to cover his illegal actions, but he is also doing business with a man that was decidedly so Crazy and focused on Killing people that he triggered the events that forced the Marines off of PH, CC. In addition to this growing lists of issues its also become apparent that Dofla has been helping Kaido of the Yonkou amass a Huge army of ADF users. The Shichibukai were set up to compliment the Marines in times of battle and to balance out the world powers(yonkou vs marines/shichibukai).....

Which brings me to my second point, Once Dofla Steps Down, Not only will Kaido be after his head, but I would assume that the marines would see his resignation as a clear sign of betrayal-meaning that the marines will assume Dofla is leaving the Shichibukai in order to join Kaido and the huge army he has been building. Thus the Marines and their huge army of Pacifista will move against Kaido and His Forces. Law Stated in a previous chapter that both sides(yonkou vs marines/shichibukai) have been buying their time and building up their forces...it makes makes clear sense to me that this will be the triggering point for all the events that will follow in the New World.
    Marines move against Kaido. Kaido falls at the hands of Luffy/Law. Big Mum Moves on Luffy/Law alliance. Kid's alliance shows up just in time to help battle her. BB hearing how Luffy/ect have brough down 2 Yonkou decides to move against the alliance in order to obtain more DFs and finally attempt to kill Luffy. Shanks shows up just in time...yadda yadda....the point is this moment right now in OP seems to me to be the CATALYST for the remaining story...

Law Please Bring the Chaos!
    I am not trying to be condescending, especially since i also barely read all the pages here but if you had done that you would have seen that several people, including me, have already mentioned the possible reaction of the Marines. The problem right now is whether the Marines are in a position to wage war against a Kaidou without making themselves too vulnerable.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I am not trying to be condescending, especially since i also barely read all the pages here but if you had done that you would have seen that several people, including me, have already mentioned the possible reaction of the Marines. The problem right now is whether the Marines are in a position to wage war against a Kaidou without making themselves too vulnerable.
    My question is whether Kaido would be willing to wage war against the Marines for Dofla. It might be more in his interest to kidnap CC himself, and let Dofla hang. While CC was at Punk Hazard he was well hidden, and well protected. He is now exposed, and potentially vulnerable. There's no guarantee Law will return him even if Dofla resigns. That of course also assumes no further plot twists, Dofla simply does what Law says, and everything goes smoothly. If Dofla does resign and Kaido chooses to shelter him against the Marines, I can't imagine Marine HQ will risk another war against the Yonkou so soon. Law claims that the War with Whitebeard was just a prologue, Marine HQ has been laying low, building up their forces, seemingly preparing for something. If he's right, and Akainu is planning something, I doubt they would want to go to war with Kaido over Doflamingo. Dofla is not Ace, he is not related to Roger, his bloodline does not need to be stomped out. They wouldn't risk another Marineford over him.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    My question is whether Kaido would be willing to wage war against the Marines for Dofla. It might be more in his interest to kidnap CC himself, and let Dofla hang. While CC was at Punk Hazard he was well hidden, and well protected. He is now exposed, and potentially vulnerable. There's no guarantee Law will return him even if Dofla resigns. That of course also assumes no further plot twists, Dofla simply does what Law says, and everything goes smoothly. If Dofla does resign and Kaido chooses to shelter him against the Marines, I can't imagine Marine HQ will risk another war against the Yonkou so soon. Law claims that the War with Whitebeard was just a prologue, Marine HQ has been laying low, building up their forces, seemingly preparing for something. If he's right, and Akainu is planning something, I doubt they would want to go to war with Kaido over Doflamingo. Dofla is not Ace, he is not related to Roger, his bloodline does not need to be stomped out. They wouldn't risk another Marineford over him.
    I agree with you but i was thinking more about Kaidou increasing the strength of his crew which should already bring the current situation out of balance. Right now, i assume (maybe a bit baseless) that the WG and the Marines neither know about DD´s broker identity nor his transactions with Kaidou which also includes the latter increasing his strength. If DD suddenly quits now, the WG should become curious about the situation. Whether Smoker will keep his end of the bargain will also be interesting. While i agree with you that DD is not as important as Ace to the WG, i think that DD´s relation and business with Kaidou actually could be a trigger for the WG to move. The question is whether their preparations are done or not.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post

Talking about being quiet,is it me or Robin is being left behind.I mean in this arc she had no fight,no opinion,she is almost absence in every chapter and when she make an appearance,she is just laughing on the background.Does Oda not know what to do with her anymore or what!?Damn even Nami and Chopper had their time on the spotlight.She is one of the strongest on their their team and she is on my Strawhats top 5 least so i hope she will have a better treatment on the next arc.
    She is the brain of the SH's in a way . She's never been too much of a fighter anyway . Just in desperate cases she fought 'cause she didn't have a choice but i never saw her interested in fighting just to show off . I don't think Oda made a mistake here . We all know she is strong , that's why Oda wanted to show the improvement of the weak trio.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Oh come one , the only reason WG permits someone as DoFlaming to do what he pleases and still be on the safe side is 'cause right now they are in desperate need for manpower but still that doesn't mean they will overlook everything . There's no way WG trust DoFlamingo that much to accept such a plan . They just choose to overlook many illegal things but that doesn't mean they don't keep a close watch on him . If they know about his connection with Kaidou he's screwed

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

There's something I don't quite understand and I can't search through chapters to see if I missed it somewhere. Are artificial devil fruits even produced on PH? If yes, then what are SAD tankers for? They can either be used to transport SAD to a location where fruits were produced, or they can be used to transport a substance with which SAD is made on PH. If it's second, then it would mean Dofla supplies CC with materials/substances neccesary to make SAD in the first place and it means Smiley's can't be made without Dofla's supply.

Of course, there's always an option that Dofla isn't dealing only with Kaidou and that SAD also goes to other places. Maybe it's not only used to produce pseudo devil fruits? I don't think Vergo's words of warning to Law were just an idle threat. Stuff about Dofla's past or something like that. There's no such thing as a perfect plan.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    There's something I don't quite understand and I can't search through chapters to see if I missed it somewhere. Are artificial devil fruits even produced on PH? If yes, then what are SAD tankers for? They can either be used to transport SAD to a location where fruits were produced, or they can be used to transport a substance with which SAD is made on PH. If it's second, then it would mean Dofla supplies CC with materials/substances neccesary to make SAD in the first place and it means Smiley's can't be made without Dofla's supply.

Of course, there's always an option that Dofla isn't dealing only with Kaidou and that SAD also goes to other places. Maybe it's not only used to produce pseudo devil fruits? I don't think Vergo's words of warning to Law were just an idle threat. Stuff about Dofla's past or something like that. There's no such thing as a perfect plan.
    It's the second: Caesar produces SAD, and Dofla makes the smile with the SAD in one of his factories. It's explained by Caesar in this page and the next page of chapter 689. Cnet translation is even more explicit:

Quote Quote:
    Caesar: The SAD that I create are sent to the most dangerous man... / ...in the Royal Shichibukai...!!! // In Donquixote Doflamingo's factories... / ...they are transformed into a fruit known as "Smile"...!!! // "Smile"... / A man-made Devil Fruit of the Zoan type...!!! // A fruit that all who seek power are sure to desire...!!! / That man is using these Smile fruit to forge deals with those who hold power in the New World.

Caesar: I hear that already, one of the Yonkou is using Smile... // ...to create an army of many hundreds of Fruit users...!!! / Why, it sends shivers down my spine...!!! // Do you understand what you are dealing with now?! / Can you imagine the kind of powerful individuals you will anger... // ...by interfering with Doflamingo's business...?!! // When such powerful people take action... / ...the very world will begin to heave and surge!!
    ---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Dressrosa should be the most probable location of the smilei factory.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 04, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast