Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Spoiler Discussion

Oh cool, I didn't read any spoilers so I enjoyed the chapter even more. Well looks like Oda decided not to make Dofla crash the party. Maybe it's even better like this. If it's like this though, I don't think we'll find out what happened to Vergo and Monet soon, unless the next chapter decides to follow Dofla and his affairs.

Speaking of which, his "sky line". Maybe he had his strings tied from Dressrosa to PH permanently and Law's slash accidentaly cut those as well? Don't know what else it could be.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Translation issues - in the chapter release Baby 5 says " You can't come to dressrosa again" after hearing Law's terms ...

In the spoilers and the translations posted its says "We cant live in Dressrosa anymore" ..... which one is correct??? the first one is not much of a concern but if the second on eis correct than leaving the shichibukai position means Dofla has to get out of dressrosa

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Translation issues - in the chapter release Baby 5 says " You can't come to dressrosa again" after hearing Law's terms ...

In the spoilers and the translations posted its says "We cant live in Dressrosa anymore" ..... which one is correct??? the first one is not much of a concern but if the second on eis correct than leaving the shichibukai position means Dofla has to get out of dressrosa
    It's probably his known location so it wouldn't be smart to just sit there and wait for marines to come and get him.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I go with CCC's translation and Aohige spoiler. Cnet is the other good translator. According to that, Dressrosa would be connected with the warlord title.

Razsh is right, they would have to become fugitives.
    Last edited by ukimix; January 30, 2013 at 06:38 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's probably his known location so it wouldn't be smart to just sit there and wait for marines to come and get him.
    Probably that's what we get from chapter translation but from Aohige ... it says "We" cant live in Dressrosa anymore... Everyone has to go from there... Or it could be like how Hancocks island/Kuja pirates are not targeted by Marines because of her shichibukai title

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

It was really good to see that even the over-hyped Doflamingo is no match for the Emperors. Also shows how strong WB is, considering the now strongest creature in the world feared him.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Spoiler Discussion

@ukimix i think it was a time bomb (or something like that)

ok, what do i know about this situation?

1) Law is on PH, realizing his "plan"
    2) He reveals to Luffy that he want's to take down a yonkou, now it was stated that he wants to take down kaidou
    3) Dofla has got connections to Kaidou AND to mysterious guys in the world gouverment
    4) He captures Ceasar and now he is negotiating with Dofla.

So, the main objective of this alliance is beating kaidou (so it seems to me right now)
    What does he get from Dofla quitting his position? How does it help to achieve his goal?

I don't think Dofla is the kind of guy to "just agree" to the terms (because of his past actions or the meeting with the unknown goverment guy), but he is driven into a corner there.

First theory that came up in my mind was Law EXPECTING Dofla to not agree, Dofla contacts Kaidou to finish the enemey off. So Kaidou gets lured out.
    Second theory would be that Law really thinks that Dofla will agree. So Kaidou would know about an incident in PH (because of the stream, he is the "top client", so the chances are quite high that he or a subordiante watched), on the next day he would read about Dofla resigning. To me it would look like a betrayal - why is he quitting? What are his intentions? I think it could lead to a confrontation between Kaidou and Dofla, one of them would be down, the other one weakened.

But i doubt that Dofla will simply agree. He is a thinker, like Law.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one think that Doflamingo would do better to stay as a Shichibukai. If I'd have to pick between WG and Kaidou as my enemy, I'd pick Kaidou. WG has a lot more influence globally, and it even increased it's influence in NW post timeskip.

And of course, if he resigns from his position, what guarantee does he have that he will get CC back? None. He could lose everything in less than a day and have 2 major enemies plus all the pirates who hate him and don't have to worry about WG protection.

Then again, if he does stay as Shichibukai, what if WG finds out about his dealings on PH? Same thing would happen.

Law really put Dofla in a bad position here. But, since you can't trust a pirate, I'd go with cutting my losses and at least preserving current position.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wha View Post
    @ukimix i think it was a time bomb (or something like that)
    It was just a signal flare to make sure someone notices Buffalo and Baby 5.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Caesar is probably really important to Donflamingo that such demand will be ask by Law, not to mention that it can be considered.
    "Marine Admirals"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: One Piece 697 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Why "beast" to be linked with animals here... It could actually be beasts ... A Mythical Zoan - Demon Demon fruit.... If Brook's fruit can connect with the coldness from hell then there could be a deomn from hell as well.. ...

I love how oda creates the hype for a character (like Enel & like strongest Man..strongest swordsman etc) ... And now I am excited for "The strongest CREATURE"..because.. Oda always lives upto the hype created ...
    10. Giant [Wikipdia]

“Giant” is the English word to describe monsters of great strength and size but human form. They appear in the Bible (in the story of King David and Goliath). In mythology they are frequently seen to be in conflict with the gods and are generally considered to be associated with chaos and wild nature. They were seen as early as the Ancient Greek culture where they were known as gigantes – creatures born from Gaia who was fertilised by the blood of Uranus when he was castrated

if u google strongest mythical creature.. giant is one of them.. maybe kaido is from giant races.. thats why law said kaido is strongest creature.. can u imagine a giant eat a mythical zoan devil fruit.. how strong it will be..

1 more thing if u read what i patch up there from google.. uranus name appear in the sentence.. if i not mistaken the 3 ancient weapon name is pluton, poseidon n uranus.. maybe the ancient weapon uranus is link with giant island.. dont u agree with me??

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

the chapter was good. DD is PISSED
    i think it is too soon for a yonkou war

from law and DD convos DD CAnt find law thus hearts are alive
    but i wonder if they are in kaidou's army inm order to work asspies.

DD is pissed i think if dd's dad is in the world government he will try and make a deal with the WG in order to save his status

JOKER should be defeated by moriah in my view moriah because moriah will act on revenge to punish him

the front cover is strange

WHO IS THE OLD LADY??? is she a pirate or is she a WG agent hmmmm

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Law's plan wouldn't have sense at all if staying as a shishibukai would be a better chance for Dofla. While it is clear that Law's request means to lose his position as a broker and in the end his business in general, to be an enemy of Kaido must be such a dangerous position for Dofla, that it would lead to his renuntiation.

On the other hand, we ignore who has more influence in the New World, while we know that WG has a bigger influence in the first half of te grandline.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/697

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/697/2

kadidou top

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't go that far. It could be very well the same reason BB had back on Marineford when he refused to fight Shanks or the Admirals refused to fight Shanks and his Crew. I think they are all on a very close level. If they "just fight" it would be a disaster, because it's likely that the "winner" would be quite vulnerable to attacks from other strong forces (the other yonkous, the admirals,...........)

We never saw Dofla going all out and we haven't even seen Kaidou yet (or he wasn't introduced as kaidou), so i am not sure how big the gap between them is.

Kaidou is a yonkou and Dofla not, so i get the impression that Kaidou shoud be stronger. But i am careful with predictions like that, because of BB. He was a part of Whitebeards crew but nobody really knew his strength (he wasn't even a commander, yet he was able to scar Shanks in a fight). Dofla hided the fact that he is a shiki, yet doing business with a yonkou, a goverment related unknown guy, doing the slave business,........how knows what else he is hiding so far

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Supaaah chapter.
    It started off brillantly for me with Luffy being Luffy completly ignoring any warning and in this case creating an outlook that seems perfect for the manga: 30% success rate going against Kaidou? That means lots of trouble for the crew and entertainment for us to read, in tragedy and comedy alike.
    One rather minor point worth to note is how Oda emphasised the Kaidou not being a human part. The only other option should be an animal - or thing - that ate a DF? Or could it be there is even more species in the OP-world that are seperated from humans though (can't interbread)?

Either way, after that short flashback it dropped a little with the marines being jerks... until they admitted their true feelings, that was a fun little twist. Nothing major though.
    What was important in that mid-section though, we now know the new destinations name. Nothing more, sadly, because detours are a speciality of our dear protagonists.

And lastly, after the rather weak middle part, Law blackmailing Doflamingo was just great - without knowing why he'd want him to resign from the Shichibukai other than being hunted by the admirals. That means, Law wants Doflamingo destroyed, no matter what. Sending him the heads of two of his crewmates is a nice little provocation there, didn't seem to bother Doflamingo too much though. Their bodies are probably on board the marine tanker, I'd imagine, as opposed to Cesar, whom the Alliance needs as pawn. He's a vital part of the possible deal between them and Doflamingo after all. Now, I can't imagine how this deal will end, but I think a third way shouldn't be excluded since we still don't know enough about "the young masters" background.

Eventually, for the next chapter, I believe it will show the shadow from before arriving, meeting the remaining marines and Brownbeard's group, not Doflamingo though, sadly, since I had hoped for him to get frozen. The center of attention should be on the Alliance + Samurai though either setting sail or possibly already on their way to Green Bitt. Them meeting the shadow as well would be kinda boring, though sailing will be as well without any more background info about whatever is going on in the world or planned by the Alliance.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast