Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

come to think of it, it was mentioned by Monet that DD wants to be pirate king, yet, to our knowledge, he hasn't made a move on any of the yonkous yet. Law might be trying to force DD out of his current comfort zone and force him to expedite his plans of being pirate king.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poisok2 View Post
    I don't know if someone pointed this out, but Monet is definetly alive, as she is talking through the Den Den Mushi (we can see her eyes).

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/18
    Thats Ceasar, not Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yeah, 5 pages ago. In my opinion Doflamingo would be stupid to trust Law to go through with the promise and even more stupid to renounce his status solely on the weak promise. Law shouls be aware of that too. I think he just wants to make Dofla sweat a little so him and SH can put some distance between them.
    Doflamingo doesnt have a choice does he? Either he cares about his crewmates and protects them, or kills them himself. In any case, escaping Kaido seems to be difficult for him.

I think Doflamingo will double cross Law, have a contract with the marines to seem like he quit, only till he gets CC back.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    Doflamingo doesnt have a choice does he? Either he cares about his crewmates and protects them, or kills them himself. In any case, escaping Kaido seems to be difficult for him.

I think Doflamingo will double cross Law, have a contract with the marines to seem like he quit, only till he gets CC back.
    Well yeah, Law put him into a corner. As I said before, if I was Dofla, I would contact Kaidou as soon as possible and explain the situation. Kaidou is going to find out sooner or later since the events on PH were transmistted to several different parties. Point is, Kaidou will get angry either way. But I think he'll get angrier if he thinks Dofla is hiding things from him.
    Renouncing Shichibukai position means declaring his intentions before he's ready and having to run away from his base to escape getting captured by marines. Not to mention his bounty comes back into play, perhaps bigger than it was before. In that situation, Dofla has to worry about WG, marines, Kaidou and all the other pirates who hate him but were intimidated by his position and all the bounty hunters who want his head.

And he's not even sure he will get CC, but even if he gets him, his cover is blown now and it will take a lot of time for him to start producing Smiles again. Smoker and marines saw too much and Dofla is really fucked if he doesn't have friends in high places of WG to protect him.

But at this point it's impossible to predict what will happen.

For the next chapter, I would like for the story to shift focus on Doflamingo and his crew a little. And maybe to some other pirate crews.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter! The Younkou Kaidou and the Fleet Admiral Akainu are unreasonable men, and one of them will make Dofla his target! If Law doesn't give Ceasar back after Dofla resign his Shichibukai title, he will be even more screwed!
    The thing is that we don't know Doflamingo very well, he seems to have connections even with the WG, as seen in Moria case, Dessrosa seemed special by the speech of baby 5... More than Kaidou, what I am most curious right now is that Oda will explain such an intriguing character such as Doflamingo.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if someone pointed this out, but Monet is definetly alive, as she is talking through the Den Den Mushi (we can see her eyes).

Of course she is! This is One Piece... bad guys never dies.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Over time the longer Law is in possession of Caesar no Smile will be produced and that will directly weaken or at least halt Kaidou's power. "The king of beasts" epithet is about Kaidou's possession over a vast army of fake Zoan-users and Law obviously has no intention of seeing it grow. It would also probably make sense that he wants Doflamingo to resign so that he himself doesn't have to worry for a direct confrontation when they are at a meeting at the HQ as well as the fact that a Kaidou running after both Dofla and X-Drake will weaken Kaidou and thus make him easier to target. By that, Dofla is screwed no matter what he chooses to do, Law has no intention of letting Caesar go since he has no intention of seeing Kaido getting stronger. The interesting bit is Doflamingo, either way he will be severely weakened even if Law chose to hand Caesar over, his position as Shichi is what has made his businesses "legit", I'm really interested in seeing how he will deal with this.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Kaidou got his nickname so recent. I mean artificial devil fruits couldn't have been produced for more than a year or so. CC established his base only 2 years ago. And CC even said that he "heard" one of emperors has an army of artificial devil fruit users. Doesn't seem like a well known thing to outsiders.

Well it's a stretch but I think Kaidou got his nickname way before he started buying those fruits.
    Last edited by Razh; January 30, 2013 at 02:27 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I don't think Kaidou got his nickname so recent. I mean artificial devil fruits couldn't have been produced for more than a year or so. CC established his base only 2 years ago. And CC even said that he "heard" on of emperors has an army of artificial devil fruit users. Doesn't seem like a well known thing to outsiders.

Well it's a stretch but I think Kaidou got his nickname way before he started buying those fruits.
    i agree. this chapter confirmed that Kaido is the main and possibly exclusive customer of Smile DFs. however, we're still not sure if he uses them for himself or sells them to others as a dealer. could be an arrangement similar to the Mafia partnering with a drug cartel for mutual business benefits.

Oda just might be trolling us with the whole 100 Beast army and Kaido's name.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Law so far has made deals with DD, CC and the world government and has pretty much betrayed them all. it seems like it's only a matter of time before he betrays the mugiwaras. especially since, i doubt that making an alliance with them was ever part of his original plan, there's simply no way he could have anticipated meeting them on PH and he was visibly shocked the first time he saw them there.

this chapter seems to suggest to me that Law might have some kind of grudge against DD and wants to punish him and not merely betray him. that might be Law's real motive...

Law seems to be putting DD in a situation where he must act and cannot afford to remain idle. DD so far has been a double agent of sorts, benefiting from both the world government and Pirates like Kaido. he will have to lose one or the other or risk losing both.

Law seems to be unhappy with the current cold war-like peace of the new world. forcing DD to make a move will have a domino effect on both the marines and pirates potentially throwing the entire new world into disarray and chaos. which will probably weaken the current powers of the world and open gaps and opportunities to the new generation of pirates.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter bring up an interesting thing about the youko. White beard is known as the strongest man in the world, kaidou is the strongest creature in the world, so what about big mam, shank, and black beard? My guess is shank is the strongest haki user in the world as for the other I'm draw a blank right now. Also this chapter make shank more of a beast then ever, he faces kaido, manage to leave that battle somehow with no injury then show up at the war and stop the whole war, how strong is shank?
    Last edited by huynhlan; January 30, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyahaha amazing chap , i really enjoyed it . It started a little slow but in the end it was amazing . Loved the kids and the G5 marines are funny as usual . I rofl when they said they will start admiring them if this goes on . Smoker's epic face palm was priceless

And finally DoFlamingo appeared in this chap . I wonder what he meant by sky path ? Now i guess it's for sure he can't fly , he's just come up with a way to get to PH very fast and easy in case of an emergency but it seems Law knows him very well (i think he was the one who did something to it )

I can't believe i'm starting to like Law more and more with each chap . He's a clever bastard and has a diabolic mind , can't believe he left Buffalo and Baby 5 like that His request isn't that surprising though . I think he asking that in order to even the grounds a bit . And cngrats to the one who said Kaidou is his client and for guessing about the nickname as well

P. s Loved the snapping "sound" of Doflamingo in the last panel

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

GOTTA LOVE LAW

man that guy has thought this out well, now the question is what is the history of these two???

you can tell that Donflamingos power and influence must have affected law in some manner for him to seek out vengeance or desire to take donfla down like this

either way an already epic arc just became more epic i cannot wait to see what decision donflamingo makes regarding laws demand, to me taking on kaidou sounds a litte less difficult than giving up his schibukai status. but then again none of us know what kind of monster kaidou is

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone noticed the pirateship in the backround on the cover page? atleast it looks like one..
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tiberiuscg's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

wait a minute

what if kaidou make people eat animal fruits and dismember them to attach it on him? thats why hes called as "it", also thats why HE IS the hundred beasts

His favorite island is a winter island which would be his lair to not degenerate his body

jesus frankstein

looks like clown
    Last edited by tiberiuscg; January 30, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what about the cover? the old hag has come out flying and throwing rocks somehow (magnetism? gravity?) to reject that army,that makes things more difficult to understand. who are they? and why did they recognize their captain in caribo? probably the granny is gonna kick caribo's ass because of the fact he stole things from her.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    @ Razh - as I said earlier "sky way" might be some New World phenomena or some invention by Vegapunk.
    Here:

You can see Apoo running literally on air- maybe its same thing on some islands in New World?

Doflamingo sounds like Law and Strawhats are lucky that it ended, as we saw him in this chapter he was probably using something like skywalk and panting while talking so sky way has to be more solid, using it is far less tiring and faster than skywalking/ geppoing(lol).
    IMO i think that thing with Apoo is 'cause of the island we all know the islands in the NW are very strange like that one where there is always lightning . I think this sky path DoFlamingo si talking about is entirely different but still have no idea about it :|

New Reply
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast