Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

    2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

    4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

    13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

    58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

    33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

    5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 337

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

  1. #241
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    Antarctica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    The thing is, since their next target is obviously Kaidou, the reason he does all this is to make sure Doflamingo doesn't jump in to help his boss.

    If Doflamingo knew that, he'd probably just sit back and reap the rewards.

  2. #242
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    The first rule of war is to isolate your enemy and reduce their access to key resources. By destroying the SAD facility, Law eliminated Kaido's supply of Smiles, an important resource in building his army. Kidnapping Caesar ensures that Law has taken control of the means of production. Dofla not only supplied Kaido with Smiles, he is a powerful pirate himself, with well placed friends. Defeating Dofla deprives Kaido of a powerful ally. Kaido may have other powerful allies, now he will have one less. His methodology reduces the chance of having to fight Dofla, instead pitting Dofla against one of his former allies. Either the Marine will turn on him, or Kaido. We can not assume that Law will challenge Kaido as soon as Dofla is defeated. There may be more steps in his plan first. The general principle behind Law's plan seems to be that he wants to gradually weaken Kaido's position. Eliminating Smiles and defeating Dofla alone probably won't be enough, but remember, this is only the second step of the plan, and second arc in the saga.

    Quote Originally Posted by 88maroon View Post
    idk if i missed it but they did comfirm they were going to the wano country?
    No, dude was trolling and you took the bait. It has not been confirmed if they are going, or when. They probably will go eventually, someone needs to take Kinemon and Momo home. Whether Wano is the next island they visit, or five arcs from now, is anyone's guess. Kinemon and Momo could well be temporary companions for a few islands. Fishman Island was the next island the log post pointed to after Water Seven, and look how long it took to get there.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 01, 2013 at 04:43 PM.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #243
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I think Law wants to use Doflamingo's as a diversion while he and Luffy get in position to execute their plan against Kaido. Doflamingo is a big enough name that not only other pirates and Marines but also the WG will be keeping a close eye on him to see just what he is up to now. His sudden resignation for the Shichibukai is sure to send waves across the world given how involved he is in everything that goes on through his persona as Joker. This should let Law and Luffy fly under the radar for a bit and buy them enough time to set up against Kaido. Because they surely aren't just going to walk up to Kaido and say "Hey we're here for your head, lets go!". A plan with a chance of only 30% success seems to imply that Law did a lot of calculating and planning to get it up that high.
    so you think kaido is the next enemy? amongst the main ones like crocodile,eneru,lucci,moria and hodi? uhm,it's still too soon,imo. I hope they get rid of doflamingo first ,before this chapter,it was quite clear...

  5. #244
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    so you think kaido is the next enemy? amongst the main ones like crocodile,eneru,lucci,moria and hodi? uhm,it's still too soon,imo. I hope they get rid of doflamingo first ,before this chapter,it was quite clear...
    Kaido is the next enemy in terms of preparation. That much has been clear ever since Luffy and Law formed an Alliance. Pretty much everything thats done from here on out is somehow going to be tied to taking him down and us getting to see the entirety of Law's plan as it is unveiled piece by piece. Sure we're gonna see a lot of things during all of this, but its all going to be building up to Kaido.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  6. #245
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    I hope it won't go so,as kaido is still too strong. damn oda,why changing things out of the blue? in the previous chapters,it was clear that doflamingo would have been the main villain of this arc,even before their target amongst the emperors.but now...we have got him who stops and the others gonna attack kaido...

  7. #246
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I hope it won't go so,as kaido is still too strong. damn oda,why changing things out of the blue? in the previous chapters,it was clear that doflamingo would have been the main villain of this arc,even before their target amongst the emperors.but now...we have got him who stops and the others gonna attack kaido...
    But none of this should really be surprising. I mean OP isn't like Bleach or Naruto where every single battle is a 1 vs 1 individually isolated event with the loser never being seen again, and thats how every conflict in the entire manga happens. Those are very rare in OP. For the most part Oda has always set it up that you have to worry about multiple sources that could be threatening, even if as you currently are you cannot defeat some of them. There is no set main villain in OP because both enemies and allies literally come from all angles and sides. I hope nobody expects that the confrontation with Kaido will be a "fare and square 1 vs 1" type of a battle therefore you cannot challenge him until you can beat him 1 vs 1.

    If anything that confrontation will be similar to how the war at Marineford happened, in the sense that is will be chaotic and everyone will get a shot at everyone at some point. Along the way to taking down Kaido we're gonna see new allies as well as new enemies that will all impact how this all unfolds. It's not just going to be a "training arc" where Luffy and Law become strong enough to stand alone vs Kaido. Hell for all we know Doflamingo may come out of the shadows and give the finishing blow to Kaido once its all said and done.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  8. #247
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I hope it won't go so,as kaido is still too strong. damn oda,why changing things out of the blue? in the previous chapters,it was clear that doflamingo would have been the main villain of this arc,even before their target amongst the emperors.but now...we have got him who stops and the others gonna attack kaido...
    Well if you think about it there are four Emperors that Luffy have to defeat in order to reach Raftel,plus you have to count that the government wont stand still as well.So if they don't start to confront them soon enough when will they(in ten years!?I hope not.).Sure Doflamingo will probably be the first one to go but the main reason why they are after him is because they want to defeat Kaido.

    NOTE: BTW the is this sexy painting of Boa Hancock and Salome that i just finished,check it out
    Spoiler show
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #248
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I hope it won't go so,as kaido is still too strong. damn oda,why changing things out of the blue? in the previous chapters,it was clear that doflamingo would have been the main villain of this arc,even before their target amongst the emperors.but now...we have got him who stops and the others gonna attack kaido...
    What has Oda changed? When has an enemy ever been too strong? Power levels and databook stats don't mean very much in One Piece. Rising to the occasion is central to the premise. If Luffy needs to fight Kaido one on one, he will find a way to win. That's how One Piece has always worked.

    Shame on you for showing such a lack of imagination. If this were simply going to be a generic shounen fight then Law wouldn't have a plan, they'd would be fighting the Kaido Pirates as we speak, on their way to his main base, and then fight the man himself. If all this were was a matter of power levels, this saga would be no different than Baroque works. But it is different, Law has a plan, there is a methodology, and they have not yet engaged Kaido's own crew. If all that mattered were power levels, Punk Hazard wouldn't have been necessary. Chapter 697 wouldn't have been necessary either. All they'd need to do is fight a series of enemies with escalating power levels, build experience, level up, then fight the big boss. Fortunately Oda chose to give his manga a plot instead.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 01, 2013 at 07:12 PM.

  11. #249
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    For a wild guess, I think Kaido is a SeaKing (or something similar/comparable in strength) that ate a Hito Hito mi fruit. After all seakings really have a mind of their own, imagine a seaking with a Budha fruit or something, that would be 1000x more powerful than Chopper. Or a mythical beast that came to ate a human2x fruit, something similar to Sengoku's fruit.

  12. #250
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What has Oda changed? When has an enemy ever been too strong? Power levels and databook stats don't mean very much in One Piece. Rising to the occasion is central to the premise. If Luffy needs to fight Kaido one on one, he will find a way to win. That's how One Piece has always worked.
    Here :3 : http://www.mangareader.net/103-54923...apter-590.html .jinbe made it clear that rufy lost too much because he didn't think of a too strong opponent.

    ---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Well if you think about it there are four Emperors that Luffy have to defeat in order to reach Raftel,plus you have to count that the government wont stand still as well.So if they don't start to confront them soon enough when will they(in ten years!?I hope not.).Sure Doflamingo will probably be the first one to go but the main reason why they are after him is because they want to defeat Kaido.
    you think so ? As far ae I'd like that,right now I doubt they will deal with Doflamingo...he won't be their opponent anymore...

  13. #251
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The first rule of war is to isolate your enemy and reduce their access to key resources. By destroying the SAD facility, Law eliminated Kaido's supply of Smiles, an important resource in building his army. Kidnapping Caesar ensures that Law has taken control of the means of production. Dofla not only supplied Kaido with Smiles, he is a powerful pirate himself, with well placed friends. Defeating Dofla deprives Kaido of a powerful ally. Kaido may have other powerful allies, now he will have one less. His methodology reduces the chance of having to fight Dofla, instead pitting Dofla against one of his former allies. Either the Marine will turn on him, or Kaido. We can not assume that Law will challenge Kaido as soon as Dofla is defeated. There may be more steps in his plan first. The general principle behind Law's plan seems to be that he wants to gradually weaken Kaido's position. Eliminating Smiles and defeating Dofla alone probably won't be enough, but remember, this is only the second step of the plan, and second arc in the saga.
    I dont understand who is going to defeat Dofla in this scenario. But, why to kill an allie of mine if his death is going to weaken my position as a Yonkou? Then or Kaido would have to be a dumb or Law would have to be on thinking that Kaido would behave in that way. The only chance I see there is Doflamingo being an spy working for Kaido secretly and against the WG, so that the revelation of that spy would means a significative loss for Kaido...

    On the other hand, if that were the plan, why to ask Dofla to quit the shishibukai position? He only would have to keep Caesar for him, without proposing any deal to Doflamiingo, and let a not so rational Kaido eliminate Dofla. In that way Kaido would loss the smileis and his allie, with out losing time on requesting the renuntiation.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 01, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

  14. #252
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    you think so ? As far ae I'd like that,right now I doubt they will deal with Doflamingo...he won't be their opponent anymore...
    Well to be honest i didn't think things will turn out the way there are now.To think that a big shot like Doflamingo would end up being Law's pet .I don't know what plan Law has for him in the future but if he manage to destroy what Doflamingo has been building for the last decade,i'm pretty sure he will hold a grudge against him.So i think the Joker probably won't fight Luffy but i'm sure he come for Law as soon as he get the chance.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  15. #253
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I dont understand who is going to defeat Dofla in this scenario. But, why to kill an allie of mine if his death is going to weaken my position as a Yonkou? Then or Kaido would have to be a dumb or Law would have to be on thinking that Kaido would behave in that way. The only chance I see there is Doflamingo being an spy working for Kaido secretly and against the WG, so that the revelation of that spy would means a significative loss for Kaido...

    On the other hand, if that were the plan, why to ask Dofla to quit the shishibukai position? He only would have to keep Caesar for him, without proposing any deal to Doflamiingo, and let a not so rational Kaido eliminate Dofla. In that way Kaido would loss the smileis and his allie, with out losing time on requesting the renuntiation.
    If Doflamingo isn't useful anymore, how is Kaidou weakening his position by killing him? He's sending all his other connections a message: do not fail me. Apparently, that's the kind of guy he is, because that's what Caesar, Law and Doflamingo expect him to do.

    As for the plan, either Kaidou takes out Doflamingo (if he doesn't comply with Law), or the Admirals will (if he does). Akainu won't let another shichibukai betrayal go unpunished. Kizaru and/or the new Admirals will be sent to hunt him.

    Besides, Law can very well keep Caesar from Doflamingo anyway, and let him be hunted by both Kaidou and the Admirals. That's what I'd do.

  16. #254
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I dont understand who is going to defeat Dofla in this scenario. But, why to kill an allie of mine if his death is going to weaken my position as a Yonkou? Then or Kaido would have to be a dumb or Law would have to be on thinking that Kaido would behave in that way. The only chance I see there is Doflamingo being an spy working for Kaido secretly and against the WG, so that the revelation of that spy would means a significative loss for Kaido...

    On the other hand, if that were the plan, why to ask Dofla to quit the shishibukai position? He only would have to keep Caesar for him, without proposing any deal to Doflamiingo, and let a not so rational Kaido eliminate Dofla. In that way Kaido would loss the smileis and his allie, with out losing time on requesting the renuntiation.
    I disagree,let me explain you kaido's reasons: he is an emperor,therefore one of the 3 strongest pirates in the world,the ones who used to fight against WB himself,who could own even the admirals! Such a strong man,won't surely accept garbage walking on his territory,hence Doflamingo,to have his allowance,had to give him something in exchange, that is the smiles. Kaido developed a growing addiction to these smiles,in the meaning that he wants more and more soldiers of his with those DFs.if Doflamingo can't provide him with them anymore,kaido won't let Doflamingo in his territories anymore,and he will likely be pissed off.
    you wondered why he should dispose of Doflamingo,who is an important partner,but right now he would be meaningless to kaido.

  17. #255
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

    Then we agree. Because what I'm saying is that Doflamingo and Kaido doesn't seem allies, in the sense that Kaido's power is improved with Doflamingo´s power or that Doflamingo is going to help Kaido if Kaido is in the proces to lose a war. I agree, Dofla seems to be a useful provider for Kaido, no more than that. But in the end, that is just what it seems to be. We will have to wait a bit to know it.

New Reply
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts