Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

things in this manga started to get better and better. Kaidou is not human, that was a shock and law's conditions is as reasonable as cancer. Law also doesnt bluff i like it. It sure is good as a chapter. Marine's and kids was funny thou still not much of a hard battle yet. I couldnt help but laugh when i saw kinemon and momo's face when marine's said they will come to love them. Also what happened to kinemon or momo?

Now the only thing left to see is the most famous Kaidou.....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaido not even a human eh... Sounds interesting ! Not sure about the translation of MangaPanda, but Law was a bit weird, especially when he said " Let's see if the SH will meet their end by my hands ", definitely weird here. I still don't trust Law that much honestly

Lole'd at " Joker saveeee me ", poor CC... But damn, I loved when Doflamingo nearly shat in his pants when Law said that he wouldn't be able to handle Kaido, and when Dofla became really pissed off after Law's terms

That was superb honestly, great chapter for me

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Username 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GomuGomuNoBigBoner's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter.
    Really wonder what Law wants to achieve with this.
    If DD chooses to quit the shichibukai there's no guarantee that law keeps his end of the bargain (exchanging caesar) once DD's shichibukai status is publicly renounced.
    As crazy as it sounds, perhaps Moriah will indeed make a comeback, seeing that his former title wud be free once more and he's got a axe to grind with both DD and kaidou.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Law's plan wouldn't have sense at all if staying as a shishibukai would be a better chance for Dofla. While it is clear that Law's request means to lose his position as a broker and in the end his business in general, to be an enemy of Kaido must be such a dangerous position for Dofla, that it would lead to his renuntiation.

On the other hand, we ignore who has more influence in the New World, while we know that WG has a bigger influence in the first half of te grandline.
    We don't know what Law's plan is. For all we know he could just be fucking with Dofla in order to give him time to put enough distance between them. I think all this is just to allow the alliance to proceed with plan without worrying Dofla might attack them from behind. And I'd think having WG and Kaidou as enemies is equally bad. But as I said, Dofla has no guarantee that Law will keep his word.
    Besides, if he's a Shichibukai, he can escape to Paradise and even seek protection from WG.

As for NW influence, that may have been true for the time before the time skip but Marines under Akainu have started operating more actively there. Their headquarter is there as well. We don't know enough to conclude how strong the NW marine force is, but I think they wouldn't be putting their headquarters there if they weren't confident.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Law is counting on Dofla vs Kaido to finish off Kaido ? You know, counting on Doflamingo to weaken Kaido enough for Law and Luffy to take care of him

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I
    It was just a signal flare to make sure someone notices Buffalo and Baby 5.

Could be possible, but why is there a clock then?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Law has Caesar? Does this open a pathway for them to somehow find Vegapunk? The chapter had a weird narrative, it was confusing but fun, the flashback, and then the pirates vs marines talk, and of course Doflamingo and the twist at the end. I do hope we do not jump into the Kaido business soon, I want another slow arc in the form of Wano country, I do expect next chapter ro MAYBE have the newspaper headline and then Luffy and crew heading for Wano.

It is a great place to rest and for Law and Luffy to plan their yonko takeover, I do hope for a nice slow arc start in the next one or two chapters. Anymore twists and I can not take it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man Law's den den mushi is the most distinguishable yet.

A few things I liked about this chapter:

1. Law's Den Den Mushi
    2. "Joker" getting all mad even though he tried so hard to act goofy and bossy he got told and got mad as hell. I just love seeing Don Flamingo get pissed off.

3. Smoker did a mini facepalm here: http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/697/12 and tashigi bursted into tears here: http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/697/11. Smoker and especially Tashigi and the G5 marines are in awe. Not just awe but they all have a new sense of justice. These guys were practically camped outside of mermaid island waiting for the Strawhats. What kind of revelations do they have now? The Strawhats made more allies today. Smoker is practically letting them and Law go. He is not using absolute justice to take the Strawhats in at all. If Smoker get promoted and head the whole G5 then the hunt for the Strawhat can be less strict and he may even adopt the same things of what Aokigi said to Robin way back when.

Questions I have...

1. Is Law with Luffy?
    2. Will Don Flamingo's decision have effects on the next destination of the Strawhats (because Law is with them)?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumOxide View Post

1. Is Law with Luffy?
    2. Will Don Flamingo's decision have effects on the next destination of the Strawhats (because Law is with them)?

Seems he's with him, and I think Law wants to go to " Green Bitt " ot whatever it is
    But I still do think that Law's plan won't work that much, because he doesn't know that Luffy pissed off BM already... If Law knew about what Luffy has done, and about the Tamatebako, I doubt he'd choose to ally himself with Luffy

Also, we don't know if Kinemon is going with the SH's or not, if he goes with them, we can expect a trip to Wano

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Kaido not even a human eh... Sounds interesting ! Not sure about the translation of MangaPanda, but Law was a bit weird, especially when he said " Let's see if the SH will meet their end by my hands ", definitely weird here. I still don't trust Law that much honestly

Lole'd at " Joker saveeee me ", poor CC... But damn, I loved when Doflamingo nearly shat in his pants when Law said that he wouldn't be able to handle Kaido, and when Dofla became really pissed off after Law's terms

That was superb honestly, great chapter for me
    Yes it's a translation issue. In CCC script it is said that he plan to go to green bit but he is not sure he will be able to convince the strawhats

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wha View Post
    Could be possible, but why is there a clock then?
    It was probably timed to ignite the flare. Don't know what else it could be for. My guess is Law sent the boat and timed the flare to activate in 10, 20 or 45 minutes, for example.

It's hardly a bomb since it would serve no purpose and there isn't any sign of explosives there.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Then of course maybe Dofla could call Kaidou directly and tell him that Law and Luffy have kidnapped CC and plan to defeat him. That's also an option. Depends on what kind of guy Kaidou is, but if he wants more smile, only CC and probably Dofla can do it.

I don't know, it seems to me Law just wants to create confusion and buy time to get away safely. Creating unrest among business partners only helps his cause and whatever Doflamingo's choice will be, situation in NW will certainly change.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

@Razh

The way Dofla reacted, seems like Kaido doesn't give a fuck who did this, he'll just blame it on Dofla
    Business is business, Dofla's fault for letting Law do this, the guy seemed pretty much desperate... Just thinking about facing Kaido made him shat in his pants, and Kaido doesn't seem like a nice guy either

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I noticed it too because it's kinda hard to miss. But I'm just numbering the options. Making Marine Headquarters into your enemy is probably not a lot less terrifying. Not to mention he doesn't have a vice-admiral working for him and covering his operation any more. It will take time to rebuild everything, even if he gets CC, which he can't be sure about. Kaidou's going to be pissed either way. If it were me, I would man up and call Kaidou. Better if he finds out from him and better if he gets another target first.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Best chapter in a while

I liked how stubborn marines were with their Black and White sense of Justice.In the end their reflection on it definatly evolved to the contact of the SHs and also thanks to the betrayal of Vergo

DonQuixote Doflamingo- or the bully about to be bullied can't wait for it,hard choice imposed to him,it's like asking to choose between aids or Cancer...sticking with Akainu &Co and turning back to Kaidou ?
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    @Razh

The way Dofla reacted, seems like Kaido doesn't give a fuck who did this, he'll just blame it on Dofla
    Business is business, Dofla's fault for letting Law do this, the guy seemed pretty much desperate... Just thinking about facing Kaido made him shat in his pants, and Kaido doesn't seem like a nice guy either
    That, and it's also possible that the blackmail is not over yet: "Law: Well done, you resigned. Now you will have to... Then I will give Caesar back to you" That anoter possible scenario. That depens on how scarried is Dofla...

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast