Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    finally it has been confirmed: emperors kick the shit out of shichibukai! not to mention he is fearing to have admirals chasing after him too!
    Not necessarily, Law just said that Kaidou is the strongest man (or whatever he is) alive, so technically it's not just Doflamingo he can defeat, but the other Yonkou too.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mister A's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister A View Post
    Smoker. It seems the relationship smoker and Luffy share is similar to the one garp and roger shared back in the day....
    WAIT ONE SECOND HERE.... this is pure crap translation. In the manga panda translation law or Smoker supposedly says that the straw hats might meet their end by my hands. The mangastream translation says nothing of that sort... All it says is, "ill be having my hands full with the straw hat crew. That's it. I'm never reading manga panda again. Getting me all conspiracy ideas and stuff... -_-

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Not necessarily, Law just said that Kaidou is the strongest man (or whatever he is) alive, so technically it's not just Doflamingo he can defeat, but the other Yonkou too.
    nope,he said he is the strongest thing/creature,meaning that he is not a man,as nami hinted. he is probably the strongest zoan user alive (even above dragon,if he does have a drake zoan),otherwise how could shanks stop him if kaido were stronger than him.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Well based on Nami's comment, he is not including humans in that statement. If he simply has a mythical zoan then Law wouldn't refer to him as something which isn't human, so I'm thinking he's a completely new species entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    nope,he said he is the strongest thing/creature,meaning that he is not a man,as nami hinted. he is probably the strongest zoan user alive (even above dragon,if he does have a drake zoan),otherwise how could shanks stop him if kaido were stronger than him.
    That wouldn't make much sense though, I mean all the zoan users would be referred to as human unless if they were a different species to begin with, so I'd say it's more likely that he is a new species, possibly with a zoan too.
    Last edited by abc1233; January 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/19 btw,this page does show how much doflamingo fears kaido,that is a proof that the former pales in lights of the latter. and he has to choose whether being wiped out by an emperor or being chased by admirals,who are stronger than him too (though we don't know who the new ones are)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

i think law and SH will not go directly go together and fight kaido, i think law will go to green bit to prepare his plan whit his crew while SH will take kiemon and his son to wano and begins the wano arc

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister A View Post
    WAIT ONE SECOND HERE.... this is pure crap translation. In the manga panda translation law or Smoker supposedly says that the straw hats might meet their end by my hands. The mangastream translation says nothing of that sort... All it says is, "ill be having my hands full with the straw hat crew. That's it. I'm never reading manga panda again. Getting me all conspiracy ideas and stuff... -_-
    While the translations of the fast scans are often doubtful, it doesn't change the fact that Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger. Who knows though, this new translation sounds more like the translator thought it's Law saying that, while the other is likely thinking of Smoker here. I'd tend more to the latter honestly ^^

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

On another note, I tried to google Green Bit, just for kicks. And lol:

http://www.greenbit.com/

Maybe it's an island in the shape of a finger print?
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    While the translations of the fast scans are often doubtful, it doesn't change the fact that Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger. Who knows though, this new translation sounds more like the translator thought it's Law saying that, while the other is likely thinking of Smoker here. I'd tend more to the latter honestly ^^
    I think it's pretty clear Law was the one talking, since Smoker was silent up to that point and the clouds aren't directed at Smoker. And Smoker's comment would be kinda out of place there.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys let's turn the clocks back a few arcs for a bit.

During Thriller Bark, we were given a hint on how big of a crew Kaido probably has (refer to pic of animals flexing their muscles a few chapters back).

Moria lost his crew and spent 10 years creating a new one from zombies to get revenge on Kaido.

....hmmm...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Chapter!!

it seems clear from this chapter that defeating a Yonkou will take more than merely a mindless head on attack. i think neither Law nor Luffy have any chance in hell in defeating Kaido in a one-on-one match up. rather i'm thinking that Law is setting the stage to weaken Kaido as much as possible and to cause as much confusion as possible. it could very well be a plan that involves dragging Flamingo and his crew, the marines (possibly an admiral) along with the law-luffy alliance in an all-out war with Kaido!

my feeling is Law will put don flamingo in a position where he has no option but to help the alliance in fighting Kaido or risk complete annihilation at the hands of a pissed of Kaido. after all, my enemy's enemy is my friend.

alternatively, Law could simply be trying to make as much chaos as possible by dragging different parties into a confrontation and completely destroying the current balance and "cold war" peace the new world is in. this in turn will open up opportunities to attack distracted and perhaps more vulnerable Yonkous such as Kaido.

this is going to be epic!
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by modoki View Post
    Hey guys let's turn the clocks back a few arcs for a bit.

During Thriller Bark, we were given a hint on how big of a crew Kaido probably has (refer to pic of animals flexing their muscles a few chapters back).

Moria lost his crew and spent 10 years creating a new one from zombies to get revenge on Kaido.

....hmmm...
    To be honest, that was quite a while ago and his crew could have been a lot smaller then. For all we know there were no Emperors then.

Anyway, him being an emperor and that pic of animals are all the hints we need to conclude he has quite a manpower (animalpower?). And who knows how many allied crews.

Just compare someone like him who's obviously hungry for power and buys artifical devil fruits to strengthen his crew with someone like Big Mom who's too busy with candies and tea parties to even care about financial problems and her allied ships being destroyed. I know who sounds scarier to me.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think it's pretty clear Law was the one talking, since Smoker was silent up to that point and the clouds aren't directed at Smoker. And Smoker's comment would be kinda out of place there.
    You're right, they don't point to him. Too bad ^^
    Well, either way it would only have reenforced what we already know. Maybe that's the reason why it was translated like that in some sort of biased way? Law on the other hand has indeed got his hands full with the Strawhats. He should find a way to guide Luffy rather quickly or else they'll end up in Kaidous lair faster than he'd like it. Hopefully they won't have to decide between Green Bit and Wano then

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So if the upcoming battle against Kaido arc is coming, we should get information about awakened zoans and what they really are.
    Perhaps Law will ask Doflamingo to assist him in defeating Kaido. Kinda seems unlikely though but whatever

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Law revealed his next destination to Smoker on purpose ?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I wonder if Law revealed his next destination to Smoker on purpose ?
    I have a feeling Law is counting on Smoker's sense of honor. If he knows where they are heading he can protect them from marine pursuit. I know Smoker says how pirates are scum and how he won't be indebted to one, but he's an honorable guy in the end.

Don't know what other reason Law would have to uncovering their next destination. Unless he's lying.

18. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast