Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

I just asked myself: If Kaidou really is a guy who just takes what he wants, why does he need dofla in the first place? Why not allying with Ceasar directly? Ceasar doesn't seem to me like the guy who cares for alliances and so on. He could ally with kaidou directly - for him it would make no difference, rather it would play into his hands (he could do his experiments in Kaidous territory!!!) What does Dofla has that makes him necessary? If he is not necessary, why allying with him? If he is, would Kaidou really just "kill him"?
    I am pretty sure that Dofla will make his move - and i think that Law DOES WANT Dofla to make his move. He is putting him in a corner, with no way forward or backwards. Plus he knows Dofla from the past so i assume he knows Doflas Character at least a little bit.

Though i like the idea of BIG Mom getting involved. If Kaidou happens to find out that Big Mom has got a problem with Luffy or Big Mom finding out that Kaidou is pissed because of the strawhats, they could team up (if a pirate alliance is formed by Law & Luffy to take down a yonkou, it could be the other way around as well).

Plus there is the other "maybe pirate alliance" with kidd - would be likely if there target is a yonkou as well. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. So many possibilities.....i like that

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha the Marines were just awesome xD Their love for Mugiwara is amazing xD

Now, Dofflamingo is fucked xD He either quits as a Shichibukai or he gets targeted by Kaido. Either way, he's fucked xD

So Law will be traveling with Luffy and co for now. Interesting. I wonder if he'll join the crew later on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Something tells me there's going to be a fight with Doflamingo before Kaidou (at least I hope so). And if they're going after Kaidou, that means that Big Mam won't be bothered for awhile. Which means it'll probably be some time before Jinbe comes back.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's what we call 'having to chose between plague and cholera'... but I agree that it would not be wise from Flamingo to resign. He has everything to lose from it. One of his problem is that CC capture was made public, so he can't hide it from Kaidou. In any case Law proved him he was a grownup and that he should not continue to underestimate him. It seems he can't reach Punk Hazard other than by boat from now so the direct confrontation will be avoided (i guess some people are happy it turn out this way :-)

Unfortunatly we only had a cameo of Kinemon, I wonder on which boats he went into.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Unfortunatly we only had a cameo of Kinemon, I wonder on which boats he went into.
    You're not really wondering are you? It wouldn't make sense if Kinemon and Momonosuke just went away without closure.

Besides, they are shown here while tanker with kids is leaving.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    One of his problem is that CC capture was made public, so he can't hide it from Kaidou. .
    CCs defeat was made public and not the capture... if that would have been the case there was no point of Law giving the option to Dofla....

And if Law is just trolling time by doing this… I think Dofla must have got it.. But seeing his reaction Dofla is sure that Law is not trolling here ... and is serious

That thing with timer… it does look like a bomb to me otherwise Dofla might have not even landed on the boat and could have come back to save Buffalo and Baby 5 later… (Considering that law thought the problem in some form is approaching them and needs to be slowed down)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Brownbeard is shown the same and he will go with the marines. And I find it strange you don't see them when the strawhat and law are together.
    Of course it needs to be closed but we don't even know if they need a lift in the first place. What is sure is that Oda didn't gave any hint this chapter (probably on purpose)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mister A's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

What if dofla's understanding with kaidou is deeper than oda is portraying? He is shown to have "snapped" in the last panel. Could mean he's extremely angry at law for trying to screw him. It might be this way,
    Dofla doesn't quit being a shichibukai... Instead, he contacts kaidou and tells him law captured caesar... Essential for smile. And tells him to send his men after law to get caesar back. Laws plan essentially backfires then right??

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHA!!

Law got Dofla by the balls!!

Great chapter btw!
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 10/6/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    Robin: The Rokushiki Demon (first two pages are up!)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the timer thing looks like flares like you use them to be seen on the sea. Makes sense since Law had to get Dolfas attention to the ship.

I loved that chapter, really did. The amazing reaction of those though G-5 marines was priceless. Luffy has no problem with taking a 30% chance as expected. Laws Den-Den-Mushi looks absolutely fantastic. I just can't get any imagination of what will happen next. This chapter was a testimony to Laws cleverness, as he can calculate the chances of taking down a yonkou, he knew that Dofla was on his way there and obviously he has a plan that I completely fail to understand as of now.

To me, a few questions remain: 1. When will the much-talked-about shadow figure show up? Seeing Baby 5 and Buffalo already way out on the ocean lets me think that by now noone remains at Punk Hazard and it would be difficult to find somebody by chance on the vast ocean in the new world.
    2. What kind of island is the "Green Bitt" Law is talking about? And do they indeed go there first, which would go against the theory of the "wano"-arc being next.
    3. Will Dofla resign as Shichibukai, and if he does so, what good would it be for Law and who would take that empty seat?
    4. How the f will this entire story work out?

I am more than fired up for the next chapters!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister A View Post
    What if dofla's understanding with kaidou is deeper than oda is portraying? He is shown to have "snapped" in the last panel. Could mean he's extremely angry at law for trying to screw him. It might be this way,
    Dofla doesn't quit being a shichibukai... Instead, he contacts kaidou and tells him law captured caesar... Essential for smile. And tells him to send his men after law to get caesar back. Laws plan essentially backfires then right??
    I think that might be the 30% success rate he was talking about previously ..... 30% Dofla doesnt resign and talks to kaidou... However what we dont know is ... Does Kaidou knows that Joker is Doflamingo??????

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister A View Post

or it's exactly what Law wanted Dofla to do^^ he is a tricky one, remember what he did so far (especially the "Monet's heart thing")

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tiberiuscg's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the best chapters in One Piece ever. FINALLY I am seeing some strategy and not only YAY ADVENTURE LEMME PUNCH YOU.

I wonder if strawhats will someday act strategically. Remember merman arc? Luffy almost died there for stupid reasons.

Amazing chapter, damn amazing. Thats exactly what I was expecting in New World. For now its easily one of "top 10 chapters ever" for me

btw wth is "will meet heir end by my hand" ??? Was it Law or Smoker saying/thinking that?
    Last edited by tiberiuscg; January 30, 2013 at 08:13 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

AN ALL OUT WAR

Looool. Oda got all of us readers so well.
    I was reading all the posts up bellow and I was thinking these events seems to bring a lot of confusion both in One Piece World as well as our World. And the remembered: That's what Law wanted for a ransom, wasn't it? I remember him saying he wanted confusion.
    As some guys said earlier, if the WG lost 2 of the strongest shichibukais (Doflamingo and Law), and Boa doesn't give a shit, and Buggy (if he is a shichibukai) is worthless, then WG would be weakened. That would be a great change for someone to take on the emperors without the interference of the marines. However, knowing Akainu, he won't stay silent, so he will probably burst in; that's when AoKiji comes into picture. And if we considerer all of this: the powers would be somewhat balanced. Oh and by the way, I'm following that last cover Oda drawed from those 3 in a row colored covers. In that only Shanks and BB have shadows covering their eyes, so I guess they won't intervene in this saga. Now, as I was saying, the only part of the plan that can go wrong is that Law doesn't know Luffy spiced up Big Mam. In that case we can end up with a fight beetween 2 emperors, Heart and Mugiwara Alliance, and WG. That would be unbalanced, so I thinks that's when that Kidd, hawkins and Apoo Aliance will come up. Remember back in Fishman Island? Kidd destroyed a couple of Big Mam's vessels. He was trying to trigger a battle.
    The plot is kind of similar to the first part of the Grand Line, if we consider Baroque Works and Skypea Saga together. Only now, the main protagonists are all big shots
    So, in the end of what I'm assuming will be a long saga, I think Kaidou will be defeated as well as Big Mam, and the Marines will end up retreating.
    After that will probably get a Blackbeard/Shanks saga (a long saga too) and the last one, I'm assuming that will be an All out war beetween Pirates, Revolutionaries and Marines (similar to Whitebeard War). Pirates will be lidered by the Pirate King Monkey D Luffy to overthrow a Government who ceased working and became corrupt. It also will be the rightous vegeance for the lost century. An all out war involving the three ancient weapons. Poseidon will be leaded by Luffy (that's what the prophecy said right?)
    After all, I think Luffy is supposed to do what Roger failed to do. That's the whole point of the story. Until here we just saw the similarities beetween the two characters. Roger became the Pirate King, but he had that desease, that's why he couldn't conduct this war; Luffy will command it.
    And in this last war, contrarily of what happen in Whitebeard War, true justice will win

PS: Sorry about the long text, I just post once every other week

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that One Piece is going to get a whole lot more awesome really soon. Not that it isn't already, but the buildup with the 4 Emperors gave me goosebumps.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

New Reply
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast