Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mister A's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    I think that might be the 30% success rate he was talking about previously ..... 30% Dofla doesnt resign and talks to kaidou... However what we dont know is ... Does Kaidou knows that Joker is Doflamingo??????
    If he doesn't, it makes things easier for dofla right?? Cunning as he is, he'll simply fake 'jokers' death so that kaidou doesn't come after him. But I think everybody in the new world knows that dofla is joker.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay guys. Here's something I quickly made xD

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mister A's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiuscg View Post
    btw wth is "will meet heir end by my hand" ??? Was it Law or Smoker saying/thinking that?
    Smoker. It seems the relationship smoker and Luffy share is similar to the one garp and roger shared back in the day....

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Just a small observation which suddenly striked me.... And since I'm on this thread, I thought what the hell... I'll go ahead and post it anyway.
    You guys remember that ace was the captain of the spade pirates right? Ace of spades? And law commands the heart pirates. Is oda going to introduce the clubs and diamond pirates later too? Is diamond jozu in anyway related to the diamond pirates or is his name only because of his ability?
    Last edited by Mister A; January 30, 2013 at 08:48 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Man this is so epic it's like a roller-coaster. And it can only go better and better. So Kaidou is the man to beat right now. Doflamingo for the first time in life seems concerned about someone. Epic stuff.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Razh - as I said earlier "sky way" might be some New World phenomena or some invention by Vegapunk.
    Here:

You can see Apoo running literally on air- maybe its same thing on some islands in New World?

Doflamingo sounds like Law and Strawhats are lucky that it ended, as we saw him in this chapter he was probably using something like skywalk and panting while talking so sky way has to be more solid, using it is far less tiring and faster than skywalking/ geppoing(lol).
    Last edited by vagabond87; January 30, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well yeah, both options are interesting for me. I'd frankly prefer the Vegapunk sky way one, because if Dofla can leave his invisible wires anywhere for long durations of time, it's just OP.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

If sky way is somehow solid it would explain why Doflamingo was seen here making finger movements suggesting usage of his Devil Fruit ability

Maybe he was just using his wires to pull himself towards Punk Hazard, attaching his strings to sky way and doing this over and over again in short jump-like moves.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought on the recent chapter, I think Dofla will decide on his own to resign from Shichibukai, not because of the blackmail, but because of the challenge Law/Strawhats made. He is no smalltime character afterall, and was just waiting for the right moment to make a move.

The results would indeed be chaos in the new world, I think not only Kaidou knows the incident in PH, also other clients of the black market, i.e Big Mama, Jack. Also I think what's happening right now that's maintaining balance in the New World is Kaidou preoccupied with Big Mama, while Red Hair preoccupied with Blackbeard, at the same time Marines preoccupied with Revolutionary Army.. All these party are building forces and are just waiting for the trigger. This incident will indeed lead to chain of disruptions. And SuperNova movements are all the causes to unexpected disruptions in the current power balance. So indeed SN party are stirring things up right now, the new world is now a ticking time bomb.

To point out who wouldn't take advantage of an opening/weakening of an opponent in a War. This is evident in the War of the Greatest. WB pirates wars WG, after both sides weakened, BB steals the glory of defeating a very weakened WB. Shanks all fresh ariving at the scene, was the strongest at that point, anyone who fought them would lose, this is why Shanks was able to command a stop to the war.

Smiles production being stopped would mean Kaido's build up halted, his power weakening, and his territories open for attack, not to mention he himself will become open for attacks, this maybe is what Law is aiming for. So this would lead for Kaido to make a big move as well.

Oda is a real genius when it comes to the art of war. Unlike a certain manga where ass pulls are normal, One Piece is awesome.

Kaido building an army of smile ssers, Big Mama storing up fat (lol), BB hunting DF/users, Shanks hunting ale.
    Last edited by astute_azure; January 30, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well technically Kaidou woudln't get any weaker if he can not get anymore smileys. He will not get any stronger though. Concidering that Kaidou seems to be someone you don't want to mess with there must be more to the plan I guess, even more than a possible conflict between him and Doflamingo.

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister A View Post
    If he doesn't, it makes things easier for dofla right?? Cunning as he is, he'll simply fake 'jokers' death so that kaidou doesn't come after him. But I think everybody in the new world knows that dofla is joker.
    Then what is the use of an alias ... I believe not everyone knows that joker is Doflamingo

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    If sky way is somehow solid it would explain why Doflamingo was seen here making finger movements suggesting usage of his Devil Fruit ability
    Maybe he was just using his wires to pull himself towards Punk Hazard, attaching his strings to sky way and doing this over and over again in short jump-like moves.
    However we can see him running here..clear motion of his legs..and he use to run while bending forward... So in the pic u posted .. he could just be running making that finger gesture (could be a habit) ... or he got tired using and started running all of a sudden

And the picture u posted... zoomed in version looks like this

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Well technically Kaidou woudln't get any weaker if he can not get anymore smileys. He will not get any stronger though. Concidering that Kaidou seems to be someone you don't want to mess with there must be more to the plan I guess, even more than a possible conflict between him and Doflamingo.
    Hope he doesnt keep consuming that smileys all by himself...now that would be scary (we never know what an artificial DF is capable of)
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; January 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    However we can see him running here..clear motion of his legs..and he use to run while bending forward... So in the pic u posted .. he could just be running making that finger gesture (could be a habit) ... or he got tired using and started running all of a sudden
    He was running since the beginning. He probably started using geppou after that "sky way" was cut off or whatever, and that's why he's losing breath. Geppou is a lost more taxing than normal running.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome chapter; full of epicness.
    The Marines really made me laugh as well as Smoker's reaction.
    I wouldn't mind Law's words too much; in fact I think that he was just wondering if his strategy will be succesfull.
    Anyway seeing Dofla pissed off really made my day and Law is just too awesome for what he's about to do.
    If Kaido really is the strongest "creature", I can understand why Dofla is in deep shit.
    Damn, I want already the next chapter.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

finally it has been confirmed: emperors kick the shit out of shichibukai! not to mention he is fearing to have admirals chasing after him too!

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/1

Anyway, some of the sentences make more sense now. And it appears Dofla is using geppou, by the sound effects.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/1

Anyway, some of the sentences make more sense now. And it appears Dofla is using geppou, by the sound effects.
    And some make less sense - Kaidou is the "strongest thing alive"? Really? Because "thing" would imply human as well

New Reply
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast