Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Another shot-from-the-hip idea sort of the inverse of the "Kaido has the strongest Zoan in the world" theory -
    Kaido was originally a dragon or sea king or something who ate some model of the Hito Hito no Mi? A Sea King with the Hito Hito no Mi Model: Giant? I imagine that would be a pretty strong dude. Although being a Sea King who can't swim would be pretty silly.

Or we can take the speculation up to warp speed and insist that Kaido is the Florian Triangle monster.

Other topic: why does Law want Doflamingo out of the Shichibukai?
    1. He has some further use for Doflamingo.
    2. He needs a spot to open up in the Shichi.
    3. He needs Doflamingo and co. away from Dressrosa to do something there.
    4. He just wants a screen of chaos and figures mixing up the Shichi will accomplish that.
    5. Others?
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Law all alone with a droopy face, I'm sure he misses his own crew seeing as the mugiwaras have fun, interacting so good with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    1. It will hurt his connections and freedom obviously, maybe some kind of revenge for the past. He will have to chose between a home and crew, but with a big chance of having to fight Kaidou or keep the goodwill of Kaidou and have to be a real pirate again. It could also give Law some benefits towards the WG, severing the Doflamingos connection to the WG/nobility, so he won't have to fear some backstabing from the marines side. They will obviously be glad if he could take down one of the Yonkou.
    2. Another alliance crew. They would never invite Luffy after the war.
    3. -> 1.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how Law smiled when the kids were shouting their thanks, even if he hid it. It shows that he's not an evil bastard as his title "surgeon of death" would imply. He still has morals, but he's more practical and tactical in approach than Luffy and the Strawhats. He might not have helped the kids on his own, but not because it was okay to just abandon them. His strategy would simply have taken priority for him. He knows he now did the right thing, though, and he's satisfied with that. At least that's the way it appeared to me. I would like to learn more about Law, his personality and his past.

I wonder where his crew is, though.

Another thing I did wonder after reading the chapter: what are Kinemon and Momonosuke going to do now? The chapter didn't make it clear if they're going with the marines, with the Straw Hats or if they're off on their own.

Defining moment of the chapter had to be Smoker's facepalm, though.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree Law is going to Green Bit and link up with his crew. The Strawhats are going to Wano and another Arc will start. I still think that the strawhats crew will be complete by the time they take on the first Yonkou. I think that means that Big Mam is 1st. Jenbei will join but he will be leading the Sunny Pirates into battle against Big mam and after that battle officially join I think the Strawhats will get another member on Wano. Kinemon is who i am hoping for but we could get another Robin situation where an enemy joins after the arc. Someone posted it earlier saying Kaidou is the Mythical Zoan Typhon fruit user, The king of all beast. it makes sense

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

So the marine got more Admirals O.O ??

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hachibukai View Post
    So the marine got more Admirals O.O ??
    Akainu became a fleet admiral and Aokiji resigned. That leaves Kizaru as an admiral and at least 2 new ones.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What a badass Law is. Loved the way he was talking to Doflamingo in the end. Cheeky mofo.

I'm interested in this "sky walk" that Dofla was using to get to the other island. I just thought he was using some kind of advanced type of Geppo to travel between islands but meh I guess we'll wait for that to be properly unveiled later. We've never seen Dofla pressurised like this before and I absolutely love it! I think this is a great way to set up the next incoming arc(s) that will deal with Law, Dofla and co.

Good chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder if Kaido's name "king of the beasts" has anything to do with Drake trying to get his attention? perhaps Kaido only recruits monsters and Drake, as a tyrannosaurus rex, is kind of a monster as well.

i still have hope that the mysterious shadow man ends up being Kaido. i mean if he's the most powerful creature in the world, i could definitely see him traveling around the new world will on his own. i really hope that Oda makes him a very likable badass Yonkou, rather than simply a despicable monster. that would be too similar to BB and BM, in my opinion.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    i still have hope that the mysterious shadow man ends up being Kaido. i mean if he's the most powerful creature in the world, i could definitely see him traveling around the new world will on his own. i really hope that Oda makes him a very likable badass Yonkou, rather than simply a despicable monster. that would be too similar to BB and BM, in my opinion.
    Law has stated explicitly that Kaido is the SMILE customer, so he's not solo. The Kaido/Whitebeard/Shanks thing before the war suggests he's not one of the stories heroes, but I find BB and BM perfectly likeable as anti-heroes.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I would appreciate if the new Admirals are not fruit users, but actual regular badasses like Garp or Shank.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Another shot-from-the-hip idea sort of the inverse of the "Kaido has the strongest Zoan in the world" theory -
    Kaido was originally a dragon or sea king or something who ate some model of the Hito Hito no Mi? A Sea King with the Hito Hito no Mi Model: Giant? I imagine that would be a pretty strong dude. Although being a Sea King who can't swim would be pretty silly.

Or we can take the speculation up to warp speed and insist that Kaido is the Florian Triangle monster.

4. He just wants a screen of chaos and figures mixing up the Shichi will accomplish that.
    5. Others?

i think that law wants the spot opened for luffy i think law will try to convince luffy to be a warlord in order to have freedom in the new world so that they can make their plans run smoothly

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

the picture on the second page shows that BB has replaced Whitebread as athe new Emperor

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/697/2

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

is it possible to assume that Green Bit is one of the island on the log post SH could have went to

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anybody consider yet what would happen if Doflamingo resigns from the Shichibukai but Law doesn't release CC? Considering how it was said earlier how pirates can't be trusted with regards to betrayal, I think this is very possible. Besides, if it DID happen this way, he would be setting up the marine admirals to run into Kaidou having all of them chasing after Doflamingo.

In this case, Doflamingo will be taken care of; the world government will be weakened (losing a shichibukai); and Kaidou will be open to attack and maybe weakened by a lack of SMILE and possible encounter with admirals. The New World would indeed be thrown into chaos.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Law has stated explicitly that Kaido is the SMILE customer, so he's not solo. The Kaido/Whitebeard/Shanks thing before the war suggests he's not one of the stories heroes, but I find BB and BM perfectly likeable as anti-heroes.
    he obviously has a crew, no one is debating that, however, i like the idea of a yonkou that likes to travel around on his own from time to time. don't get me wrong i'm a Huge BB fan, but what i meant was i'm not sure i want another "bad guy" yonkou per se.

BB wants to be the pirate king, aims to find one piece, believes in fate and dreams, which made me love him. however, he did seem a bit cowardly in the war against WB and was set by Oda to be THE Bad Guy by capturing Ace and killing WB. (Bad Guy)

BM is shown to be cruel in that she is sending her crew to destroy islands because of candy and it was suggested that she may have eaten her own subordinates. (Bad Guy, Gal?)

Shanks is mister perfect, too perfect and good. (Good Guy)

i'd like to see Kaido a bit different than a clear cut bad or good guy for that matter. just a personal preference. DD seems to be scared shitless of him, so he must be quite ruthless. i have to admit that it's quite unlikely that the myterious shadow man will be Kaido, but it'll be pretty awesome if it turns out to be him!

going back to the chapter:
    if DD has made it to his crew i'm assuming that the shadow man must also be near. did smoker stay back on PH to wait for marine reinforcements?
    if so, i wonder whether the shadow man will encounter DD or smoker first?
    Last edited by molecularpepsi; January 30, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if someone pointed this out, but Monet is definetly alive, as she is talking through the Den Den Mushi (we can see her eyes).

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/18

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    Did anybody consider yet what would happen if Doflamingo resigns from the Shichibukai but Law doesn't release CC? Considering how it was said earlier how pirates can't be trusted with regards to betrayal, I think this is very possible. Besides, if it DID happen this way, he would be setting up the marine admirals to run into Kaidou having all of them chasing after Doflamingo.

In this case, Doflamingo will be taken care of; the world government will be weakened (losing a shichibukai); and Kaidou will be open to attack and maybe weakened by a lack of SMILE and possible encounter with admirals. The New World would indeed be thrown into chaos.
    Yeah, 5 pages ago. In my opinion Doflamingo would be stupid to trust Law to go through with the promise and even more stupid to renounce his status solely on the weak promise. Law should be aware of that too. I think he just wants to make Dofla sweat a little so him and SH can put some distance between them.
    Last edited by Razh; January 30, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast