Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

The difference in power was clear: when law mentioned kaido,Doflamingo's changed colour,not to mention the sweat on his face.even buffalo and baby5 were surprised looking at his face when he thought of the possibility of kaido facing them...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    WB = Strongest man
    Kaidou = Strongest creature

In OP, men do not belong to the category "creature"
    Hmm i'm wondering about the meaning of that word as well but still either way i'm still not phased by Kaidou Maybe 'cause he uses and controls smiles which are fake DFs

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Hmm i'm wondering about the meaning of that word as well but still either way i'm still not phased by Kaidou Maybe 'cause he uses and controls smiles which are fake DFs
    Of course we do not know in which way Kaidou is a "creature". He could be some kind of animal who ate a Hito Hito No Mi or he could belong to the animal race Bepo and Pekomz seem to belong to (don´t know whether they are seen as human or not) but Nami saying "he´s not even human?" definitely confirms that his title does not contradict with WB´s title.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Well to be honest i didn't think things will turn out the way there are now.To think that a big shot like Doflamingo would end up being Law's pet .I don't know what plan Law has for him in the future but if he manage to destroy what Doflamingo has been building for the last decade,i'm pretty sure he will hold a grudge against him.So i think the Joker probably won't fight Luffy but i'm sure he come for Law as soon as he get the chance.
    It's still to soon to say he is Law's pet . That snapping sound from the end of the chap tells me DoFlamingo is far from becoming a chess piece in Law's hands . Even more i think he's gonna come up with a really frightening plan in the end , after all he's not a puppeteer for nothing

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I hope it won't go so,as kaido is still too strong. damn oda,why changing things out of the blue? in the previous chapters,it was clear that doflamingo would have been the main villain of this arc,even before their target amongst the emperors.but now...we have got him who stops and the others gonna attack kaido...
    It's because New World is a conquered place, One Piece is not a RPG game where you going saving any city where evil realm, you have to go directly to the head

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Credtis: Redon from Pirateking

ONE PIECE 697 RAW HQ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v5cq2n

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Then we agree. Because what I'm saying is that Doflamingo and Kaido doesn't seem allies, in the sense that Kaido's power is improved with Doflamingo´s power or that Doflamingo is going to help Kaido if Kaido is in the proces to lose a war. I agree, Dofla seems to be a useful provider for Kaido, no more than that. But in the end, that is just what it seems to be. We will have to wait a bit to know it.
    I don't think Doflamingo is an ally to Kaido any more then he is an ally to the WG. Sure he may work with both sides, but i doubt anyone would argue that Doflamingo doesn't do things that mainly further his own cause. His goal is to become PK, so the title of Shichibukai and Joker and who knows what else is just a means to and end for him. But that doesn't mean that he wants to just throw all of that away, especially since he doesn't seem to be all that close to finding Raftel. What Law spoke of when he said that if you want to survive in the NW you either ally with a Yonko or go against them apples to Doflamingo as well. It's just that he seems to have figured out a way to not directly ally with anyone but at the same time be connected to virtually everyone by being the ultimate middle man. However the reason that Doflamingo was so shaken was because Law wants to force him to sever all of those ties and have to choose to either go under the umbrella of a Yonko or to take up arms against them.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    It's because New World is a conquered place, One Piece is not a RPG game where you going saving any city where evil realm, you have to go directly to the head
    but they aren't ready for that yet! That's the point . Jinbe explained rufy (in the link I posted in the previous page) how his thoughts of being the strongest and the one who could overcome anything had fallen down because of the obstacle he met facing the strongest of the world. A lot of time will pass before the end,it can't be that they don't improve anymore,that's why it'd be a mistake making them go against stronger opponents again! Facing an emperor is still to soon,imo,I'd like this to be avoided because of what jinbe said,I hoped that oda would have made the manga more adult and the characters more intelligent,I hope I'm not wrong,that's why I hope oda keeps his "promise".

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Of course we do not know in which way Kaidou is a "creature". He could be some kind of animal who ate a Hito Hito No Mi or he could belong to the animal race Bepo and Pekomz seem to belong to (don´t know whether they are seen as human or not) but Nami saying "he´s not even human?" definitely confirms that his title does not contradict with WB´s title.
    If Kaido is a creature, I bet he is the monster from the Florian Triangle that we saw at the end of the Thriller Bark arc, which would make sense, since there was a lot of foreshadowing about Kaido in that arc.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I don't think Doflamingo is an ally to Kaido any more then he is an ally to the WG. Sure he may work with both sides, but i doubt anyone would argue that Doflamingo doesn't do things that mainly further his own cause. His goal is to become PK, so the title of Shichibukai and Joker and who knows what else is just a means to and end for him. But that doesn't mean that he wants to just throw all of that away, especially since he doesn't seem to be all that close to finding Raftel. What Law spoke of when he said that if you want to survive in the NW you either ally with a Yonko or go against them apples to Doflamingo as well. It's just that he seems to have figured out a way to not directly ally with anyone but at the same time be connected to virtually everyone by being the ultimate middle man. However the reason that Doflamingo was so shaken was because Law wants to force him to sever all of those ties and have to choose to either go under the umbrella of a Yonko or to take up arms against them.
    Rather than ally, business partner may be the right word. But the principle remains the same. After this chapter it should be clear Kaido is in charge, that even Doflamingo fears crossing him.

My feeling was that Dofla understood Law left him with no viable options. If he resigns from the Shichibukai it might not be as simple as running to Kaido for protection. Would Kaido really risk war with the Marine over Dofla? After Marineford, the consequences of fighting the Marine, even for a Yonkou, should be well known.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Rather than ally, business partner may be the right word. But the principle remains the same. After this chapter it should be clear Kaido is in charge, that even Doflamingo fears crossing him.

My feeling was that Dofla understood Law left him with no viable options. If he resigns from the Shichibukai it might not be as simple as running to Kaido for protection. Would Kaido really risk war with the Marine over Dofla? After Marineford, the consequences of fighting the Marine, even for a Yonkou, should be well known.
    Being a business partner implies that they work together and some sort of equality. That doesn't seem to be the case at all, but rather Doflamingo provides a service for Kaido. So why would Kaido protect Doflamingo? Law said that Doflamingo is a dead man if Kaido finds out that he cannot supply him with more SMILE. CC would be far more valuable to Kaido then Doflamingo. Doflmaingo is essentially a middle man between the buyer and producer. He just sets things up to happen rather then actually creating/producing things himself. Which means that he is very much so replaceable and expendable if things don't go according to what he promises his buyers.

This is what both Law and Doflamingo know, hence the reason that Doflamingo is so worried. If they were business partners or allies then he could just go and explain the situation to Kaido and get his help to get back CC. But we all saw that he practically shit his pants when Law mentioned the name Kaido and what he would do to him. The point of all of this that Law is doing is to leave Doflamingo on an island and force him to choose what all NW pirates have to choose. Join a Yonko or fight against them. And by the looks of it he knows that Doflamingo is going to decide to set out on his own and inevitably have to deal with the Marines and the Admirals targeting him.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't understand Law's plan. How is the stopping of SAD going to turn the world into a chaos? ... Now we know the plan includes the renuntiation of Dofla. But still I wonder how? There must be more in that plan. I don't see why Kaido is come to begin a war for the smileis thing and even less for Dofla, neither I see why WG is going to do such a thing. Why SAD and Caesar are a key capable to turn the world into a chaos? How is that going to happen? ... Very intrigued!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I still don't understand Law's plan. How is the stopping of SAD going to turn the world into a chaos? ... Now we know the plan includes the renuntiation of Dofla. But still I wonder how? There must be more in that plan. I don't see why Kaido is come to begin a war for the smileis thing and even less for Dofla, neither I see why WG is going to do such a thing. Why SAD and Caesar are a key capable to turn the world into a chaos? How is that going to happen? ... Very intrigued!!
    Law hopes to throw the New World into chaos by defeating a Yonkou. Smiles and CC are not the keys to throwing the New World into chaos, they are key to Law's plan to defeat a Yonkou, which would throw the New World into chaos. Stopping production of SAD, and kidnapping CC, was step one in Law's plan only. Threatening Dofla is beginning of the next step. Kaido presumably is the Yonkou using smiles to build an army of fruit users. Kaido has been identified as Dofla's "most important business partner". If Kaido learns Dofla can no longer produce smiles, Dofla will be killed. We can surmise smiles are very important to Kaido, and that removing his supply could be the key to defeating him, and throwing the New World into chaos. How that will work is a matter of speculation.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a business partner implies that they work together and some sort of equality. That doesn't seem to be the case at all, but rather Doflamingo provides a service for Kaido. So why would Kaido protect Doflamingo? Law said that Doflamingo is a dead man if Kaido finds out that he cannot supply him with more SMILE. CC would be far more valuable to Kaido then Doflamingo. Doflmaingo is essentially a middle man between the buyer and producer. He just sets things up to happen rather then actually creating/producing things himself. Which means that he is very much so replaceable and expendable if things don't go according to what he promises his buyers.

This is what both Law and Doflamingo know, hence the reason that Doflamingo is so worried. If they were business partners or allies then he could just go and explain the situation to Kaido and get his help to get back CC. But we all saw that he practically shit his pants when Law mentioned the name Kaido and what he would do to him. The point of all of this that Law is doing is to leave Doflamingo on an island and force him to choose what all NW pirates have to choose. Join a Yonko or fight against them. And by the looks of it he knows that Doflamingo is going to decide to set out on his own and inevitably have to deal with the Marines and the Admirals targeting him.
    Being business partners does not imply equality at all, it just implies that both get something out of the deal, namely Smiles and money. You seem to be hung up on the word "partners" but that´s just an expression for 2 parties in a business transaction. Furthermore, DD is not just a middleman. CC is the only one in the world who can produce SAD but DD is the one who turns those SAD (seems to be some kind of liquid) into Smiles since he has a factory for that purpose.

Concerning Law´s plan, we still do not know who the other customers of DD are, we also do not know how they and of course Kaidou are gonna respond but CC already foreshadowed what´s gonna happen:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; February 03, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't like the term "partner", take it up with the translators. Mangarule and Mangapanda called them "business partners", Mangastream "trade partners".

CC actually only provides SAD. Doflamingo has a factory that turns SAD into smiles. He is more than a mere middleman in the process.

Quote Quote:
    Dofla has already chosen to join a Yonkou. He has an established relationship with Kaido. if he doesn't meet the terms of that relationship (sell smiles to Kaido) then he will be killed. Allies does not mean equals. Think about real, historic political and military alliances. They rarely are between equals. Alliances often are dominated by one or two strong states. An alliance can be between two equals, historically this is rarely the case.

New Reply
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast