Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.74%
  • 2] Average

4 3.48%
  • 3] Good

13 11.30%
  • 4] Great

58 50.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 28.70%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

5 4.35%
New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 697 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 697 Discussion / 698 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    that depends on that dilema: is Luffy using Law or is Law using Luffy?
    Luffy doesn't use anyone. Luffy does his thing. The question is "Is Law trying to use Luffy or genuinely trying to get Luffy's help?"

Because either way, Luffy will do his thing, and Law will get dragged by the current. Any hope he had of following a plan ended the moment he enlisted Luffy.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, It was just a way to speak. The point is this: what will Luffy want to do next? Because if he doesn't want to go to the Green point, Law is not going to force him. Safe bet there.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 03, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    We already know he wants to throw the New World into chaos by defeating Kaido, not to create chaos in the New World in order to defeat Kaido. Defeating Kaido will throw the New World into chaos, just like Whitebeard's death at Marineford threw the New World into chaos. Law's actual goal is to sweep aside the old generation, prove the new generations strength, and truly initiate the New Era made possible by Whitebeard's death. This much is well established, Law's goals have been fairly clear and specific.
    Is that really established? We only know that he wants to defeat Kaidou and that kidnapping CC was the first step in his plan, that´s all. Everything relating to the chaos in the NW was only mentioned by Vergo who in turn only knew about Law trying to get into the SAD room but not about his plan. You are obviously right that Law´s ultimate goal is to defeat Kaidou and that the chaos his defeat would cause in the NW would only be a by- effect(i reckon btw that the chaos would be much bigger compared to the time after WB´s death since BB apparently usurped WB´s territories rather quickly and thus put the balance back) but nothing right now proves that he is not trying to cause chaos in order to get a chance to defeat Kaido and i think that was ukimix question (correct me if i´m wrong).

To the post above me: I think Law will try his best to control Luffy and the SHs (if that includes making them go with him or not is unknown) but he already recognized and understood that he may end up being the used one.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I already thought about this after the speech with Vergo and Monet, and even after than some chapters ago Bufalo and/or Baby 5 speak of “DonFlaming family” I believe that he really cares for his suboridinate, even if he is ready to sacrifice them.
    I even believe that the reason that his subordinate are ready to die for him is because he saved them, in a similar way to what did Whitebeard with his man.
    I think that he seem only apparently carefree (just like he seem in the war when he said to leave Luffy go, after Ace’s death, in the truth I think that just like for Luffy).

Anyways since the moment that we knew that he was make an alliance with Kaido, I begin to think that he was not so strong, infact if He would be really strong he would not make a partnership with a younkou (just like Luffy, infact he went against Big Mama even without help, and as we knew since the last chapter I already decide that he would face the others younkou anyways), he would be alone, just like Hancock or Mihawk (even if Hancock never go to the New World).
    Beside I always thought that until we would saw how much strong would be his armament haki and if he had even the king’s haki he was weaker than Mihawk, Hancock, Kuma when he had his mind, and obviously even of the admirals.
    Obviously after this last chapter I think this even more this even more.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Is that really established? We only know that he wants to defeat Kaidou and that kidnapping CC was the first step in his plan, that´s all. Everything relating to the chaos in the NW was only mentioned by Vergo who in turn only knew about Law trying to get into the SAD room but not about his plan. You are obviously right that Law´s ultimate goal is to defeat Kaidou and that the chaos his defeat would cause in the NW would only be a by- effect(i reckon btw that the chaos would be much bigger compared to the time after WB´s death since BB apparently usurped WB´s territories rather quickly and thus put the balance back) but nothing right now proves that he is not trying to cause chaos in order to get a chance to defeat Kaido and i think that was ukimix question (correct me if i´m wrong).
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3282137

His original question was how will destroying the SAD facility throw the New World into chaos. He seems to have misinterpreted Law's initial speech to Luffy, confusing cause and effect, believing Law meant to throw the New World into chaos first, before beginning his plan to defeat a Yonkou. He also does not seem to think that destroying the SAD facility will draw Kaido's attention. His rationale seems to be that destroying the SAD facility can not possibly be related to defeating a Yonkou, but he does not understand how it can be related to throwing the New World into chaos.

It has been stated explicitly that if he loses his supply of smiles, Kaido would kill Dofla. That is not a question. Law also has said that this is only the first step in his plan. Obviously destroying SAD production alone is not enough to take down Kaido. Worldwide chaos will of course be the result of taking down Kaido, there is no reason to believe it will also be the cause.

Quote Quote:
    To the post above me: I think Law will try his best to control Luffy and the SHs (if that includes making them go with him or not is unknown) but he already recognized and understood that he may end up being the used one.
    I think he implied that neither are using the other, that both men will benefit from the arrangement. Ultimately Luffy and Law will probably become nakama. Law has already saved Luffy's life, and now they are teaming up.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 03, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

His original question was how will destroying the SAD facility throw the New World into chaos. He seems to have misinterpreted Law's initial speech to Luffy, confusing cause and effect, believing Law meant to throw the New World into chaos first, before beginning his plan to defeat a Yonkou. He also does not seem to think that destroying the SAD facility will draw Kaido's attention. His rationale seems to be that destroying the SAD facility can not possibly be related to defeating a Yonkou, but he does not understand how it can be related to throwing the New World into chaos.

It has been stated explicitly that if he loses his supply of smiles, Kaido would kill Dofla. That is not a question. Law also has said that this is only the first step in his plan. Obviously destroying SAD production alone is not enough to take down Kaido. Worldwide chaos will of course be the result of taking down Kaido, there is no reason to believe it will also be the cause.

I think he implied that neither are using the other, that both men will benefit from the arrangement. Ultimately Luffy and Law will probably become nakama. Law has already saved Luffy's life, and now they are teaming up.
    I see, then maybe i misunderstood him. To the second part, i am pretty sure Law is gonna try to take charge of their alliance. Obviously because he is the one who has the plan but of course also because of Luffy´s lack of seriousness. I have no suspicion at this point that Law has some kind of ulterior motive but i think he still sees Luffy as one important pawn, at least he tries to (i think the last chapter gave us a hint of him warming up a little).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder wat kaidos jolly roger looks like?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Wonder why Law doesn't want Dofla as shichibukai though.
    He just wants to cut some of his strength . If DoFlamigo quits the Shichibukai he will be once more on the wanted list , meaning he will be haunted like a dog by the WG and his freedom will be cut short . Of course i would do the same in Law's place , hit him where it hurts the most *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by SHeeDeD View Post
    Good chapter, one thing i didnt read in these posts (i read randomly).
    1- why are Dofla's pirate , baby five and Buffalo, if i'm no mistaken were tied with chain, since law has the bodies or at least i assume they shoulda been put there but law made it look dramatic.
    2-Why is Dofla concerned about the bodies.
    Well of course to rely on them in this fight against Law . How can 2 heads help up after all ? Though i don't think they will be of any use anyway .

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are not understanding neither my post nor Law's initial speech. There is nothing in that speech that forces the interpretation that the chaos will follow the defeat of the Yonkou, neither that the chaos will be used to take down the Yonkou. So both interpretations are completely possibles. So, I'm not confusing anything between cause and effect, I'm just saying that we have to wait a bit to know what is the right order. We have no conclusive argument for none of those interpretation, and if the fact that after the fall of a Yonkou comes a period of chaos, can be quoted as a good argument in favor of the first interpretation, it doesn't probe nothing for sure.

The question about how the stoping of SAD production will cause a chaos is just the same question about the chronological order of the two objectives refered in Law's initial discurse.

I still ignore what comes first, and I see no conclusive arguments for any of those chances. But better than read a rational argument by some of us, it is better to read Oda's story, dont you agree?
    Last edited by ukimix; February 03, 2013 at 02:16 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Y do ppl think doflamingo n crew r weak? To me even the defeated baby 5 n buffalo were atleast decent fighters...they did get hit by sunny canon n survived after all.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed like MiyamotoMusashi pointed the "world into chaos" expression comes from chapter 681 and was stated by Vergo. I don't see how someone who thought he could easily beat Law would mean that Law plan to defeat a yonkou by these words. Obviously it refers to the beginning stage of Law's plan. To provoke confusion/chaos so that, for some reasons yet to be told, Kaidou becomes more vulnerable.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think all this is just a way to provoke Kaidou into movement. He's obviously a much easier target sailing through NW and hunting someone than sitting in a base on some island somewhere (or an equivalent to the base). Assuming anyone knows where he is.

Remember how Drake attacked that cyborg on Kaidou's favorite island in order to provoke him into action? I think the similar thing is happening here as well.

Of course, maybe that's not all there is to Law's plan, but I think it's a significant part of it.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be awesome if Kaidou ate Mythical Zoan: Typhoeus

Quote Quote:
    Typhoeus (or Typhon) was an immortal storm-giant who was considered the most deadly monster of Greek Mythology. He was known as the “Father of All Monsters” and feared by all, including the mighty gods. Poets described him as being so gigantic that his head(s) could “brush the stars”.
    They are similar, don't you think?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

We also saw kaido in garp's thought when he explained the 4emperors' status to luffy. Btw, I doubt we are gonna see him in these volumes,unless he starts being mentioned in the miniadventure too,as caribo is in his favourite island.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Indeed like MiyamotoMusashi pointed the "world into chaos" expression comes from chapter 681 and was stated by Vergo. I don't see how someone who thought he could easily beat Law would mean that Law plan to defeat a yonkou by these words. Obviously it refers to the beginning stage of Law's plan. To provoke confusion/chaos so that, for some reasons yet to be told, Kaidou becomes more vulnerable.
    I am sorry, but that is not true. In chapter 667 Law says it himself, on the same page he says for the first time that he intends to take down a Yonkou. All three tranlsations agree on this (here, here, and here). In chapter 681, Vergo merely repeats what Law had already said. Law's goal has already been well established: throw the New World into chaos and take down a yonkou in order to sweep away the old generation, and demonstrate the power of the new generation.

This week Kaido was definitively linked to smiles. He is Dofla's most important business partner. If Dofla can no longer supply Kaido with smiles, Kaido will kill him. If the goal is to first throw the New World into chaos, then take down a Yonkou, why was the first stage of Law's plan to unambiguously strike at one of the Yonkou's interests? Doesn't the order seem to be take down Yonkou, resulting in global chaos, proving that the new generation will shake up the old order.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 03, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast