Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Whom are you most eager to see in battle?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hashirama

66 26.61%
  • Tobirama

37 14.92%
  • Hiruzen

30 12.10%
  • Minato

115 46.37%
New Reply
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 618 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 618 Discussion / 619 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I can't understand why Naruto would need to be both the fastest ninja in the manga AND be able to teleport, AND be able to have 1000 of himself on the battlefield at once. What the hell kind of fight would that be? You'd never see the opponent. All you'd see is a giant blob of orange.

I hope Hiraishin disappears from continuity. No Edo Minato using it. No Sasuke using it. No Naruto using it. It's the only one of the upper echelon of hax jutsu that doesn't have a distinct drawback.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Forgot about Kamui. That one has no detrimental side effects... or it does, but not if you've got Hashirama DNA to allow spamming.
    Pretty goddamn much. FTG's explanation as a kuchiyose exploit was awesome, but it was never explained why only Minato could use it so gracefully. It clearly doesn't take a huge amount of chakra unless you're teleporting a bijuudama or something like that, so why did it need three people? Also, fuck Kamui. I've decided that, much like Tobi's whole existence post-Madarafication, the manga would be much better off if it just disappeared.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg, that's freaking minato.......

Now, kishi let the haterz knows how powerful minato is.

So, the amatsutatara scroll is nothing but the previous hokage. No wonder suigetsu knows that they can control the war if they use the previous hokage. Damn, this chapter is boring like hell if I've never seen minato at the last.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... I always figured, since Hiraishin follows the same rule as Kuchiyose, then the chakra cost probably equals what Kuchiyose costs. And according to the databook, a summoning's chakra cost is directly proportional to the size of the object being transported. That said... Minato teleporting 1000 times would cost little more than 1 summoning of Gamabunta.

So when some Jounin is thinking there hot shit summoning a boss level summon that kills maybe a dozen or so ninja before dying off... Minato's killing whole armies. Fuck that.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    So, the amatsutatara scroll is nothing but the previous hokage. No wonder suigetsu knows that they can control the war if they use the previous hokage. Damn, this chapter is boring like hell if I've never seen minato at the last.
    It wasn't a scroll that summons the previous Hokage. It was a scroll that tells how to reverse Shiki Fuujin.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... I always figured, since Hiraishin follows the same rule as Kuchiyose, then the chakra cost probably equals what Kuchiyose costs. And according to the databook, a summoning's chakra cost is directly proportional to the size of the object being transported. That said... Minato teleporting 1000 times would cost little more than 1 summoning of Gamabunta.

So when some Jounin is thinking there hot shit summoning a boss level summon that kills maybe a dozen or so ninja before dying off... Minato's killing whole armies. Fuck that.
    ---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

It wasn't a scroll that summons the previous Hokage. It was a scroll that tells how to reverse Shiki Fuujin.
    Yea, I know. But my point is, the scroll isnt a powerups for sasuke. It's for ET's purpose.

Does orochimaru knows the other mystery ot shiki fuujin? Damn. This war is a hell. Madara vs hashirama and tobi vs minato.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is why it was a good thing story-wise for Minato to both die young, and die very quickly after becoming Hokage. Any longer, and he would have to have been re-classified as the 'destined child that gave peace to the whole world'.

Quote Quote:
    Among other things, probably. If that was all that was in the scroll, why did they have to go to the Nakano shrine basement? The contents of that stone probably have something to do with the scroll. I doubt we're going to have much more story with a Rinnegan-less Sasuke. A prospect I used to hate, before Naruto's ridiculous powerups.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, maybe it's time for kishi to let us know if minato is somehow a senju.

And why I had a feeling that minato has a fail-safe method that anyone can't use his soul for free. And maybe oro will fail to use this hokages because of minato's shiki fuujin itself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why it should matters if minato is a senju or not at this point , that won't give him more or less power that what he already got, i mean senjus are overrated, besides hashirama and tobirama, they aren't nothing to be freaking amaze to say holy shit the senjus, i mean even hashirama is the only senju with mokuton..
    Last edited by EMS; February 01, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    I feel the total opposite. Everything Sasuke has done since being taken in by Tobi has been completely irrational. For ONCE he wants to learn the other side of the story, after hearing Tobi/Madara's side. He wouldn't learn anything from Madara that Tobi didn't already tell him, anyways.

ET will force the truth, if it can force people to fight against their former comrades. There's no reason it shouldn't.
    Still, if the Hokage did something in the past, it is something they thought was the best for the village. So, in the end, it comes down to Sasuke's own judgement of what he wants to accept. My point is that Sasuke will have to either side with the village, or side with his clan. If Hashimara, Tobirama, and whoever else had coerce the Uchiha before, they thought it was for the interest of the village. Thus, Sasuke will only learn their own justice, which might be different from Sasuke's justice. In any case, Sasuke need to hear his parents as well.
    They do have a jutsu that can force people to speak the truth. It's called "plain old non-descript Sharingan Genjutsu".

Sasuke used hypnosis to force a Kumo-nin to tell him where Bee was. Did the same to learn Zetsu's orders. Itachi used it to force Kabuto to reveal the seals to cancel Edo Tensei. Sasuke can force each Hokage to give up the goods.
    Well, I guess you cannot ignore my posts after all. Here is the way I see it. When you cast a genjutsu on someone, he will tell you only what he knows in the context he learned it. Thus, if Tobirama forced the Uchiha to something based on an intel, he will only tell this to Sasuke. By spitting the truth, I mean the absolute truth, not the truth as seen by each person.

For example, assume someone place genjutsu on you, and feed you with lies. Then, based on this genjutsu which you are not aware of, you kill someone else. If Sasuke cast a genjutsu on you to learn the truth, you can only tell him what you thought was true. Thus he will never get to the fact that you were actually under a genjutsu.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's possible we'll actually get some surprising knowledge like why and when the Uzumaki Village was destroyed and who exactly destroyed it. I think it's time we know. Seems as if it happened while Hiruzen was hokage, so maybe he'll be the one to bring it up. I wonder if it happened to be Danzou or Hanzou that had anything to do with it. It's odd because it seems like the Senju were non-existent in this manga, all of the Uchiha except 4 (then 3) were dead near the beginning, and all but, seemingly, 3 or so Uzumaki (Naruto, Karin, Nagato) was left in the beginning. Is it not weird the three main and arguably strongest clans of this story seem to be almost extinct?
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    I don't know why it should matters if minato is a senju or not at this point , that won't give him more or less power that what he already got, i mean senjus are overrated, besides hashirama and tobirama, they aren't nothing to be freaking amaze to say holy shit the senjus, i mean even hashirama is the only senju with mokuton..
    I personally think Minato is a loosed point in the story. There is no intel on him apart from being a genius from the blues. I will definitely love to know his backgrounds. Besides, his origin matters as he is Naruto's father. Kishi might use him to justify Naruto's next asspuls.

======= A $1 question ====

Do you guys know what I call the greatest asspul of the manga?

A true asspul
    Spoiler show

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    Well, he's the father of the true main character in this manga. So minato's background should matter. And being a senju doesn't mean you're a mokuton user. Mokuton is hashirama's unique ability. And I think you're right. The senju are overrated. That's why I want to see the true capabilities of tobirama and hashirama. And if minato is somehow related to senju, then I want to know his full capability/skills as a ninja and as a senju. After all, the senju/uzumaki and uchiha are the only ninja who has the power to become the legend of all legends.

And somehow I want to know minato's power. Not as a fanboy but as why he was hailed by jiraiya as a destined child and the savior of the ninja world.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post

And why I had a feeling that minato has a fail-safe method that anyone can't use his soul for free. And maybe oro will fail to use this hokages because of minato's shiki fuujin itself.
    If Minato was a senju it would be known by now.
    The only fail safe Minato has is that he failed to keep his soul safe lol. Best case secnario for Minato is that he needs to tell his story and fade away. If not, i see his reputation taking a hit.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post

I hope a revalation like minato being a senju or related to them doesn't happen.
    gaara
    rock lee
    might guy
    jariaya
    orochimaru
    kakashi
    tenten (lol)
    these are some of the most powerful peole in the manga with no legendary clan to fall back on and minato is one of them why ruin that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    Yea, I know. But my point is, the scroll isnt a powerups for sasuke. It's for ET's purpose.
    You don't consider Edo Tensei a power up? If Orochimaru were to join Sasuke in his quest for destruction, then the Edo Tensei would be directly allied with him, just like how Naruto's toads are allied to him, and Kurama is allied to him. Meaning they would count as a direct extension of his lethality. Powerup doesn't have to mean sheer muscle. It could be aquiring a weapon (Edo Tensei allies), or mastering a previously aquired weapon (perfect Susanoo).

Quote Quote:
    Does orochimaru knows the other mystery ot shiki fuujin? Damn. This war is a hell. Madara vs hashirama and tobi vs minato.
    I highly doubt that Minato is about to fight anyone, and neither is Hashirama. If they were, Naruto'd disappear from the battle since both of these ninja are immortals and can pose a threat longer than 8 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by so6pww
    Well, I guess you cannot ignore my posts after all.
    Reread my last post to you: I said I'm only ignoring you when your first reply to me compells you to be abrasive and self righteous. You can make a claim without trying to belittle others around you. Or maybe you can't, I dunno. Other than those instances I feel obligated to reply to you for the sake of debunking fallacies.

Quote Quote:
    Here is the way I see it. When you cast a genjutsu on someone, he will tell you only what he knows in the context he learned it. Thus, if Tobirama forced the Uchiha to something based on an intel, he will only tell this to Sasuke. By spitting the truth, I mean the absolute truth, not the truth as seen by each person.
    This was the point of considering each Kage as "the one's who know everything". Because they are at the head of each major decision that effected the Uchiha. Sasuke could ask them very specific questions like "Why did YOU choose to create the Uchiha Police Force?" Or he could simply ask their opinions. What Sasuke is looking for is their insight onto the questions he wanted answered, and these are phylosophical questions. I SINCERELY doubt that a spy fed each Hokage fake answers to questions Sasuke would ask some day decades in the future.

In other words, he's not asking what they learned in the context they learned it. He's asking, potentially, what they believe, and what they chose to do aswell as why. These aren't questions that could be "lost in translation" because of the limitations of the Genjutsu. If anything they should be as clear as day, as they aren't emotionally conflicted or personally motivated while answering.

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist
    Among other things, probably. If that was all that was in the scroll, why did they have to go to the Nakano shrine basement? The contents of that stone probably have something to do with the scroll. I doubt we're going to have much more story with a Rinnegan-less Sasuke. A prospect I used to hate, before Naruto's ridiculous powerups.

I honestly think the only reason to go to the shrine is because they didn't want to sit out in the open while practicing necromancy. The shrine can only be opened with the Sharingan, thus, no one can get in and stop the ritual, even if a sensor-type found them.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    If Minato was a senju it would be known by now.
    The only fail safe Minato has is that he failed to keep his soul safe lol. Best case secnario for Minato is that he needs to tell his story and fade away. If not, i see his reputation taking a hit.
    Nah. Minato can't do anything if kishi decided to used his soul for sasuke/oro's sake.

And do you really think minato doesn't know anything on the mask for summoning the shiki?

And Noh. His reputation would even becomes more legendary if kishi let edo minato fight at this war. Just imagine he'll use some of his amazing jutsu and not just hiraishin and rasengan. Some of his sealing jutsu that can wet anyone's pants. He was said to be a destined child/savior of the world, and for raikage, he's unsurpassed. Then maybe it's time for that hype to surface in this manga. It's time for kishi to let the hype of minato to be seen in his manga.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Black God View Post
    I hope a revalation like minato being a senju or related to them doesn't happen.
    gaara
    rock lee
    might guy
    jariaya
    orochimaru
    kakashi
    tenten (lol)
    these are some of the most powerful peole in the manga with no legendary clan to fall back on and minato is one of them why ruin that.
    What the hell is that?

They're nowhere in the same level of minato in terms on his hype. Yea, they're strong, but for Pete's sake, they're far from legendary like minato.

New Reply
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast