Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: A "What if" Theory [Spoiler Ant Arc]

  1. #1
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Confused A "What if" Theory [Spoiler Ant Arc]

    i've been thinking of other strategies to defeat the king and meany came up to my mind like

    Meleoron's Perfect Plan can in turn be used on any person he is in physical contact with

    Knov with his teleportation ability offensively. "Scream" allows him to open a portal in midair and wrap it around his opponent. When the portal closes, whatever is caught within is removed from the body.


    with those two they can cut off the kings head ...and finish the others easily 100%..true perfect plan




    any other perfect plans
    Last edited by zzigg; January 25, 2013 at 08:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    This plan wont work as the King will sense them with his unbeatable En.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #3
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    While holding his breath, Meleoron can use an advanced form of his invisibility, becoming not only invisible, but also becoming completely indetectable by scent, contact, or En. According to him, this completely hides his presence to the point where others would simply overlook him inproximity without being consciously aware of it

  5. #4
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    I actually thought of this plan a LONG time ago, but I guess that's why Togashi gave Knov that plot device; he was too mindfucked to even get near the Ants.

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    I actually thought of this plan a LONG time ago, but I guess that's why Togashi gave Knov that plot device; he was too mindfucked to even get near the Ants.
    That's pretty much it, you need a minimum of focus and mental stability to use Nen abilities, when you lose that you end up being unable to use your abilities, the same way Goreinu's gorillas vanished after he got scared because of Razor's throw or that Kastro was unable to use his double to stop the cards after he became unstable because of Hisoka.

    Ps: can someone tell me why my posts' format becomes a bit weird every time I edit them, I don't know if it's client sided but it seems like it doesn't use all the line and starts only using half of the space available in the line.
    Last edited by cipher; January 23, 2013 at 03:56 PM.

  8. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Quote:
    when you lose that you end up being unable to use your abilities
    true..you forgot leol too
    ..but not all the time
    we saw him even in his mental condetion he could use his hid and seek ability..but he couldn't counter the ants face to face with the second ability cuz he will screw things up

  9. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    You can't detect Meleoron with En because the whole point is that it is not undetectable, it is that you cannot notice you've detected something while Meleoron's using his ability.

    Meryem's aura would have no effect on either Novu or Meleoron in terms of fear because Meryem does not use his aura. You can infer his aura is almost permanently in the 'off' mode, not even a 'standby' mode like the Royals, for the simple reason that there is nobody who is a threat to him so why would he need to stay alert? Sure if he even thinks about getting serious Novu would immediately lose all his hair but why would the mighty Meryem need to worry about weak humans? He didn't even get angry when Komugi was wounded. If he was just sitting in his throne like expected, you'd expect him to give off practically no aura because he simply doesn't feel threatened by human beings at all.

    If you cannot materialize a weapon that can cut through anything, likewise you cannot have a technique that can arbitarily remove any object from existence. By the series's limitation 'a very sharp object' is the limit you can do and that's not going to have any effect on Meryem.

  10. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Quote:
    'a very sharp object' is the limit you can do and that's not going to have any effect on Meryem.
    why it won't affect him??

  11. #9
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    It's a portal. It warps space. The whole "technological feasibility" thing is a meaningless limitation. It just means impossible things are impossible. However, creating a mini wormhole is apparently scientifically possible in HxH so...yeah. As is materializing biological lifeforms that somehow stops death from obviously fatal injuries (Indoor Fish).

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #10
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    It's a portal. It warps space. The whole "technological feasibility" thing is a meaningless limitation. It just means impossible things are impossible. However, creating a mini wormhole is apparently scientifically possible in HxH so...yeah. As is materializing biological lifeforms that somehow stops death from obviously fatal injuries (Indoor Fish).
    Let's not forget that nen doesn't follow the normal rules of reality, it twists them and bends them with the use of conditions and requirement, so it is perfectly possible to obtain a mini wormhole that has a certain limit to what it can cut or that cannot cut through things of a certain solidity, so we can't really tell unless we have a word from Togashi himself on that point.

  14. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Maybe the condition for Knov's ability - Scream is that to use it on an actual person ( because remember, that's not what that ability was intended to do from the beginning ) they have to be either, as strong as you, or weaker? What do you guys think? Because saying that Knov can use that ability on ANYBODY brings up the same argument - You can't create a sword that cuts through everything.
    Last edited by GingFuriksu; January 26, 2013 at 02:14 AM.

  15. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Maybe the condition for Knov's ability - Scream is that to use it on an actual person ( because remember, that's not what that ability was intended to do from the beginning ) they have to be either, as strong as you, or weaker? What do you guys think? Because saying that Knov can use that ability on ANYBODY brings up the same argument - You can't create a sword that cuts through everything.
    Usually 'works on anything' condition itself has a condition that prevents it from being 'anything'. For example Shalunark can control anyone that he can stick an antennae inside, but antennae is made out of material that wouldn't penetrate the carapace of a grunt Ant, let alone Meryem, so unless Meryem was already wounded by someone else there's no way Shalunark's ability would work, but if Meryem was already wounded somehow then it has to be the case that Shalunark can control him if he somehow can stick the antennae in the wound.

    But in Novu's case his ability would have no side restriction like that. If it can simply cut through anything then it'd be equivalent of creating a sword that can cut through anything which is never allowed. So to be consistent with powers in HXH it'd have to be equiavalent of a 'very sharp object', which is enough to cut off the head of a grunt Ant but would clearly have no effect on Meryem.

    BTW the best strategy to defeat Meryem would be to have Novu teleport Meryem into his pocket dimension with Meleoron's help (this is clearly possible, Pufu in particular was worried about such a possibility), and have a guy waiting inside with a Rose and blow himself up the moment Meryem goes in, and have that room with only one exit that leads to another room in real life that also has a guy waiting with a Rose as backup.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Quote:
    BTW the best strategy to defeat Meryem would be to have Novu teleport Meryem into his pocket dimension with Meleoron's help (this is clearly possible, Pufu in particular was worried about such a possibility), and have a guy waiting inside with a Rose and blow himself up the moment Meryem goes in, and have that room with only one exit that leads to another room in real life that also has a guy waiting with a Rose as backup.
    nice ...but seriously who would sacrifice himself like that...it would be good without sacrificing humans...what about setting the bomb with a timer ..and calculate the time between teleporting the king and the activation of the rose...that would be better.

    but if we followed the story..here netero's selfishness will not allow him to let this strong opponent slip through his fingers..he was waiting too long to face such appointment..so he will use the old strategy of keeping the king for himself.


    ---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

    Quote Quote:
    they have to be either, as strong as you, or weaker? What do you guys think?
    that prety much like it..maybe he has this natural mesureing system...alowing him to know the opponment level In comparison with his own level 'like knukle'

  18. #14
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

    But in Novu's case his ability would have no side restriction like that. If it can simply cut through anything then it'd be equivalent of creating a sword that can cut through anything which is never allowed.
    Exactly why can't that be "allowed"? Are black holes real? Yes. A black hole is a singularity with infinite density. It's gravitational attraction is so strong that within a certain distance, even light cannot escape and therefore, nothing can. Anything that gets sucked into a black hole is mashed to infinite density as well. So even scientifically, it's possible for something to "destroy anything."

    The whole 'blade that cannot cut through anything' restriction was just used to illustrate that Nen cannot do something that is impossible i.e. it isn't magic. Sadly what is or isn't possible or impossible is very open in HxH. I guess it's scientifically impossible to travel back in time so Nen cannot do that but the limitation is utterly meaningless in a sci-fi universe set in HxH - heck in many sci-fi works of fiction, time travel IS possible.

    The only reason why it would be absurd for Novu's ability to work against everything is because it would do infinite damage which seems contrary to the whole risk/reward thing seeing that he could materialize it upon will and the guy would actually be pants-shittingly powerful, even though he was shitting his pants in the presence of Pitou.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #15
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Exactly why can't that be "allowed"? Are black holes real? Yes. A black hole is a singularity with infinite density. It's gravitational attraction is so strong that within a certain distance, even light cannot escape and therefore, nothing can. Anything that gets sucked into a black hole is mashed to infinite density as well. So even scientifically, it's possible for something to "destroy anything."

    The whole 'blade that cannot cut through anything' restriction was just used to illustrate that Nen cannot do something that is impossible i.e. it isn't magic. Sadly what is or isn't possible or impossible is very open in HxH. I guess it's scientifically impossible to travel back in time so Nen cannot do that but the limitation is utterly meaningless in a sci-fi universe set in HxH - heck in many sci-fi works of fiction, time travel IS possible.

    The only reason why it would be absurd for Novu's ability to work against everything is because it would do infinite damage which seems contrary to the whole risk/reward thing seeing that he could materialize it upon will and the guy would actually be pants-shittingly powerful, even though he was shitting his pants in the presence of Pitou.
    I just think that Knov's ability is like a black hole. I mean... you think a normal Human, especially in the Hunter Universe can create an actual black hole !? >.>
    Last edited by GingFuriksu; January 26, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts