Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A "What if" Theory [Spoiler Ant Arc]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: a what if theory.....'' ''spoiler ''ant arc'''''

Did you guys consider that the King could live on without his head? I mean he is an ant.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Did you guys consider that the King could live on without his head? I mean he is an ant.
    Wasn't that the only way you could kill an ant though?

Excluding poisons and shit like that, obviously.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by souhail View Post
    [COLOR="#ff8c00"][SIZE="4"]nice ...but seriously who would sacrifice himself like that...it would be good without sacrificing humans...what about setting the bomb with a timer ..and calculate the time between teleporting the king and the activation of the rose...that would be better.
    The whole assault was pretty much a suicide mission anyway so it's not going to be hard to find someone willing sacrifice himself. Your only concern would be what if Meryem could knock whoever you have unconscious before he can set the bomb off (KO someone would prevent even bombs set to trigger on someone's death and Meryem is more than capable of KOing almost anyone). You can't really do a timer because you'd have no idea how long it'd take, if ever, to bring Meryem in. That said you could just throw a canister of the Rose poison in the room a few minutes before fighting, and assuming the poison stays in the air for a reasonable amount of time that ought to be good enough.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Exactly why can't that be "allowed"? Are black holes real? Yes. A black hole is a singularity with infinite density. It's gravitational attraction is so strong that within a certain distance, even light cannot escape and therefore, nothing can. Anything that gets sucked into a black hole is mashed to infinite density as well. So even scientifically, it's possible for something to "destroy anything."

The whole 'blade that cannot cut through anything' restriction was just used to illustrate that Nen cannot do something that is impossible i.e. it isn't magic. Sadly what is or isn't possible or impossible is very open in HxH. I guess it's scientifically impossible to travel back in time so Nen cannot do that but the limitation is utterly meaningless in a sci-fi universe set in HxH - heck in many sci-fi works of fiction, time travel IS possible.

The only reason why it would be absurd for Novu's ability to work against everything is because it would do infinite damage which seems contrary to the whole risk/reward thing seeing that he could materialize it upon will and the guy would actually be pants-shittingly powerful, even though he was shitting his pants in the presence of Pitou.
    Um he point is that something that does infinite damage cannot be possible AT ALL no matter what the risk is, because if it was possible you'd also be able to have an equally high risk that defends against 'infinite damage' and you'd run into a logical paradox. If you want to go that way Meryem can defend against a black hole by creating an anti black hole given he is more talented than any human alive.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    The Ants have the 'continue fighting while fatally wounded' innate attribute. It doesn't mean they can survive indefinitely without their head. If you cut their head off they will die eventually (in a day or two, like Kite says). They might still be able to bite you with their severed head which is why you still have to be careful even if you decapitated one of them, but they will definitely die eventually. Pitou almost lost conscious from the impact of Gon's fist, showing that Ants still have normal reactions to taking damage, even though their tolerance for damage is extremely high.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member IamJacky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a fun theory. Let's suppose that Novu and Meleron are not scared shitless and manage to execute this plan flawlessly, Meryem would still have enough time to react. Of course, he will not sense the two approaching at all, that is up until the moment his head enters a different dimension, by then even with little time there is left before the portal closes, I believe Meryem will be faster to react with just fractions of moment.

Of course that is just my assumption.

I have to agree with the "Sword that cuts through anything" agreement. I mean, a black hole is scientifically possible yes, but it is humanly impossible. There're other Nen abilities that seem humanly impossible, but to create an offensive portal that cuts through anything is just too far fetched IMO.

I think the portal only works on weaker perceived opponents, whom Novu "feels" he's capable of moving.

The dimension he created by the way, are all made of his Nen, within the maximum capabilities of his Nen, I don't think he will be able to "move" Meryem's head into his Nen-created space, and cut off from the rest of Meryem's body. That would have been an impossible task for Novu.

Yeah I know, there aren't anything from the manga to back up my argument, just a thought.

If the portal really cuts off his head then so be it. Hey, maybe he'd still survive because in Meryem 2.0 he can transform his cells; or maybe he just dies and Nen transforms himself into something entirely differently.

Oh and the rose bomb idea. Also I feel that Novu's mind cannot take a rose bomb within his nen-created space. I don't know why, just doesn't feel right for me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamJacky View Post
    I think this is a fun theory. Let's suppose that Novu and Meleron are not scared shitless and manage to execute this plan flawlessly, Meryem would still have enough time to react. Of course, he will not sense the two approaching at all, that is up until the moment his head enters a different dimension, by then even with little time there is left before the portal closes, I believe Meryem will be faster to react with just fractions of moment.

Of course that is just my assumption.

I have to agree with the "Sword that cuts through anything" agreement. I mean, a black hole is scientifically possible yes, but it is humanly impossible. There're other Nen abilities that seem humanly impossible, but to create an offensive portal that cuts through anything is just too far fetched IMO.

I think the portal only works on weaker perceived opponents, whom Novu "feels" he's capable of moving.

The dimension he created by the way, are all made of his Nen, within the maximum capabilities of his Nen, I don't think he will be able to "move" Meryem's head into his Nen-created space, and cut off from the rest of Meryem's body. That would have been an impossible task for Novu.

Yeah I know, there aren't anything from the manga to back up my argument, just a thought.

If the portal really cuts off his head then so be it. Hey, maybe he'd still survive because in Meryem 2.0 he can transform his cells; or maybe he just dies and Nen transforms himself into something entirely differently.

Oh and the rose bomb idea. Also I feel that Novu's mind cannot take a rose bomb within his nen-created space. I don't know why, just doesn't feel right for me.
    Well if Novu can create a portal that cuts through anything then it is equally possible for Meryem to create a force field that blocks the portal that can cut through anything. In fact it'd be far easier since his base stat is way higher than anybody so it'd take him less effort to create the equivalent of 'anti infinite damage' compared to a human doing 'infinite damage'.

That said Novu can probably create a hole in the ground that teleports Meryem to his pocket dimension, and in there you can have a lot of interesting strategy (indeed this is what Pufu is most worried about). Assuming Novu's ability combos the same way as Knuckles did with Meleoron's, then we can say that the portal itself would be undetectable the same way Potclean is undetectable while Meleoron's ability is active, so Meryem wouldn't be able to avoid what's basically a hole in the ground because he wouldn't be able to sense anything wrong with the ground due to Meleoron's ability.

It's shown that Novu stores all kinds of supplies in his pocket dimension (drinks, books, etc), so I don't see why storing a Rose in there would be a problem. Even if blowing up the pocket dimension somehow harms Novu, we know that they're all on a suicide mission anyway and if you're just trying to get the job done, it's obviously better to blow Meryem up while he's in Novu's pocket dimension, killing whoever set off the bomb + possibly Novu (if the destruction of the dimension affects him), as opposed to blowing up Netero. As long as the pocket dimension is truly isolated space it's perfectly safe to blow whatever you want up in there. As an additional countermeasure, make sure you take Meryem to a room that only has one exit (these rooms exist) and the exit is a spot where you can ambush Meryem again if he somehow gets out of the room (easiest way would be just knock whoever has the bomb unconscious).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    so technically if netero had sneezed ..he would blow himself up and end up killing
    zeno and silva
    or the whole assault team
    or the place where he did the surgery

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by souhail View Post
    Spoiler show
    so technically if netero had sneezed ..he would blow himself up and end up killing
    zeno and silva
    or the whole assault team
    or the place where he did the surgery
    Eh, your heart should only stop beating if you died. That said it's still an extremely flawed plan because Meryem could've killed Netero when he was distracted by Pitou. If Meryem was at all hostile to humans or that he felt even slightly threatened by humans then there's no reason he'd ever leave his palace and without Novu, there certainly wasn't a way for the assault team to move Meryem to a spot where the Rose blast wouldn't wipe out the entire country's population, and in that case you might as well just shoot a missile instead because everyone's already dead anyway. Of course without Komugi effectively taking down Pitou's En, Netero is literally jumping to his death because there's absolutely no way he can possibly coordinate an assault with the rest of the team that starts out several kilometers away, so he's just going to land and immediately die and blow himself up, and again they'd be better off using a missile in this case.

In fact as long as Pitou's En doesn't go down, there's literally no way any assault prior to the 'selection' on the palace would've worked because Meleoron cannot possibly hold his breath that long. The best plan would be as Pufu surmised, which is having the assault team just blend in the crowd until the 'selection' begins.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

because the only time that the human heart stop beating ''and that a true fact''... is when you sneeze
    that's why i said so

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2