Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 190 Discussion/191 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 190 Discussion/191 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    Ok is it just me or does Akahoshi look too damn much like oga?
    I think he look more like the love child of Oga and Miki.XD
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm having a lot of mix feeling regarding this arc.
    While I want Oga and co to defeat the six up-start with ease,on the other hand,I also want a serious fights because the past few arcs have been lacking serious fight.But if Oga loses to normal human,it would look really bad.
    The way the six up-start were introduced just remind me so much of how the tohushinki, six knights,Pillars were introduced.They were hype up to be strong and after a while they became fodders.It makes it really hard for me to believe they are actually strong.(Except for nasu,I can't remember the other six up-start's name)
    I was a tad bit disappointed for not being able to see more of Aoi's confrontation with the new world red tails and Toujou's confrontation with an unknown gang.
    This arc could go either direction and I hope that the author handle it well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maravish View Post
    Finally.....Aoi will have a serious fight! I don't think she's been in a really crazy fight scene at all? If I'm wrong blame my memory not me. Nasu seemed kind of surprise Oga was not knocked out from the punch. I can't wait to see how Toujou deals with this.
    Bad it will be a short Post again, but i get an Idea while reading your post. Here we are back on Jokes, i dont believe aoi really must fight. I would more they the New Red Tails get a mystrtious Feeling on her legs breasts nd other places Kuma like. I mean Aoi against so many different Girls, Kuma must already crazy of feelings. Cut all this clothes and Uniforms.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

tojou will probably lose to fuji or taka and oga will have to step in and save the day

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

As I feared Beelzebub is no fun for me when in serious mode. And since I don't know how all these guys could be any threat to Oga, I wonder how this will end. Since introducing so many new characters just for being trashed next chapter would be quite a lost of time, maybe I will be surprised.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I have a feeling its always going to be like this: people who read Beelzebub for comedy are going to be disappointed in the attempts at drama & action, while people who read Beelzebub for fighting are going to be disappointed by the gag arcs.

At the same time, I just think these chapters are setting up to something else. I know usually Tamura is punchier than this when it comes to info dumping, but I think he's enjoying writing the tension as well. The artwork has been unsual but great, and the amount of planning Tamura has done is impressive.

Changing subject slightly, do you know why Nene calls the Three Kings by "Ougi, Tabako, & Zatou" despite two of their names actually being something different? It's because they too, are auspicious Japanese symbols one should dream about to have a good new year. From the website:

Quote Quote:
    For 1, 2, and 3-
    一富士、二鷹、三茄子 (いちふじ、にたか、さんなすび; ichi-fuji, ni-taka, san-nasubi) : No. 1 is Mt. Fuji, no. 2 is eagles, no. 3 is eggplant (aubergine).

And for 4, 5 and 6 -
    四扇、五たばこ、六座頭 (よんおうぎ、ごたばこ、ろくざとう; yon-ougi, go-tabako, roku-zatou): No. 4 is fans, used for dancing at festive events. No. 5 is tobacco, also considered festive because apparently geisha liked to smoke. And finally, no. 6 is a zatou or a blind Buddhist priest or monk and musician (or minstrel).
    Pretty cool, right? The fact that they have to be ordered this way is also probably the hierarchy of the 6 Upstarts as well.
    Last edited by Teeba; February 01, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

6. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the manga for both the comedy and the action, thats what it made me glue on to it so much. And yeah I do appreciate when a author plans his work, and you can actually see it in his work, i hate manga where some stuff just looks like it's just been thrown in there in the last minute, but good thing is that it doesn't really happen in this manga.

from what I understood is that:
    there are 3 kings and above them are the 3 beasts. So Oga is fighting one of the beasts at the moment, and we're told that Fuji is the strongest of them.
    I'm going to predict that the panel where Tojou is facing unknown enemies and the fact that they haven't shown taka or fuji yet, is because Tojou will end up fighting one of them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Personally, I have a feeling its always going to be like this: people who read Beelzebub for comedy are going to be disappointed in the attempts at drama & action, while people who read Beelzebub for fighting are going to be disappointed by the gag arcs.

At the same time, I just think these chapters are setting up to something else. I know usually Tamura is punchier than this when it comes to info dumping, but I think he's enjoying writing the tension as well. The artwork has been unsual but great, and the amount of planning Tamura has done is impressive.
    Yeah, I agree. I read this series for the story and the charisma of the characters, so I enjoy both fighting and comedy. I consider myself lucky: so long as the mangaka continues to entertain and doesn't cheat me, I'll remain a devoted fan. That's why these chapters leave me a little tense: Tamura-sensei has painted himself into a corner. As I said, I'll consider it cheating if the newcomers don't have access to demon power.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post

I read different series for sometimes vastly different reasons but its all similar in that I find them entertaining, and in Beelzebub's case I like both aspects, while when looked at critically I can easily name other shows better than it in action, I still hold it in rather high regard for keeping a stable balance in its humor, action, and world building, which I see alot of series either lacking or tripping up with me, so for that I find these sqabbles about which side of it is better either unimportant or amusing in the sense of seeing a bunch of headless chickens squable over a piece of bread (Izaya smirk *heh heh*) All I really care about is it improving and keeping up that consistantsy which it mostly has (except the chirstmas tournament arc) and this arc sofar seems like Tamura is getting back up to speed with himself.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys. Well, curiosity has struck me again. And this time, it's in the title of this chapter, which also happens to be the name of this new gang of delinquents.

The original Japanese title of the chapter is 殺六縁起, which seems like it should translate to Killer Six Omens. Neither Ishiyama nor upstarts are referred to in the title.

After playing around Google and Wikipedia, I soon discovered that it's actually a derivative of the expression 六大縁起. It's just like how the title of chapter 12 is a play on the name of a comedy act. At first, I thought Six Great Omens would be an ideal translation. But after playing around some more, I found it to be a little deeper than that. Now, I'm not very knowledgeable on how religion works, but I'll do my best to explain where the expression comes from.

六大縁起, pronounced Rokudai engi, according to Japanese Wikipedia and a few more websites, refers to the "Six Great Elements" from Shingon Buddhism. Typically in Japanese Buddhism, there are five elements: Earth, water, fire, air and void. The sixth element is mind, and these elements combined are taught under the deity (Mahā)Vairocana.

With all of that said, I feel it's most appropriate to translate the title and the gang name as the Killer Six Elements on the Wiki.

At the moment I discovered the origin of the chapter's title, I recall that time many months ago when I first discovered a pattern in the names of the 24 Pillar (Generals). It's subtle references like these in which I really want to emphasize the importance of looking for deeper meanings in the manga, especially with a mangaka who seems to know more about the obscure aspects of religion than the average reader.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

P.S.
    I was struggling to find the furigana for the title of the chapter and have just found them outside the title page. Having confirmed the pronunciation of the kanji, I now know why the first two are arranged the way they are.

殺六縁起 is pronounced Satsuriku engi. Guess what's also pronounced "satsuriki"? The word massacre, 殺戮.

So there you have it. Another hidden religious reference and another pun lost in translation. Such is the magic of curiosity.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; February 01, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

13. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but i have a Question. At Page 16 the introducing of Fuji the strongest of all rookies. The man right from Fuji looks like, he have the same Haircut then Himekawa.
    When i remember right is this Haircut the trademark from the Himekawa Familiy and only allowed by them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Sorry but i have a Question. At Page 16 the introducing of Fuji the strongest of all rookies. The man right from Fuji looks like, he have the same Haircut then Himekawa.
    When i remember right is this Haircut the trademark from the Himekawa Familiy and only allowed by them.
    No, no, it may be the trademark of the Himekawa family, but it is not exclusive to them. Do you remember Himeji, the fake Touhoushinki of Aiba's school (Okinawa arc)? He also had a pompadour in imitation of Himekawa.

That aside, pompadours are quite common in Japanese manga delinquents: those sporting them are called "Yankees". You can find them in other series. Out of the top of my head, I can recall Takamagahara as an example.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that the winners of the upcoming fights would win convincingly, regardless of who they are.
    And I'm also hoping for an another opponent for Fuji, not that I like Oga vs Fuji
    I want Tamura-sensei to not use the stereotype "Protagonist vs. Main Arc Antagonist"
    ex: Luffy vs Crocodile, Naruto vs Tobi, Ichigo vs Aizen etc.

--

Let's try to power rank the United Ishiyama
    (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    1. Oga
    2. Tojo
    3. Aoi
    4. Natsume?
    5. Shoji , Kaoru , Nene
    6. Himekawa, Chiaki, Shiroyama
    7. Kanzaki

Furuichi's power depends on the tissues so its hard to rank his power

So most likely the power rankings can also be a factor of which one of the six paths will they face, leaving out personal vendettas.
    Last edited by FaustXIII; February 02, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    I hope that the winners of the upcoming fights would win convincingly, regardless of who they are.
    And I'm also hoping for an another opponent for Fuji, not that I like Oga vs Fuji
    I want Tamura-sensei to not use the stereotype "Protagonist vs. Main Arc Antagonist"
    ex: Luffy vs Crocodile, Naruto vs Tobi, Ichigo vs Aizen etc.

--

Let's try to power rank the United Ishiyama
    (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    1. Oga
    2. Tojo
    3. Aoi
    4. Natsume?
    5. Shoji , Kaoru , Nene
    6. Himekawa, Chiaki, Shiroyama
    7. Kanzaki

Furuichi's power depends on the tissues so its hard to rank his power

So most likely the power rankings can also be a factor of which one of the six paths will they face, leaving out personal vendettas.
    wether or not he does that this arc is up in the air, but he already played that card with En's Gaurds AND Jabberwock. The only thing Keeping Tojo and Aiba out from counting is that they weren't technically the arc villians...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2