Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga Chapter 90 Discussion/Chapter 91 Predictions

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland Saga Chapter 90 Discussion/Chapter 91 Predictions

Chapter 90 Raw - OUT

http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=50854343

This thread is for Vinland Saga chapter 90 spoilers. If you have spoilers, please PM a moderator or admin to open this thread. Please include a link to your source in the PM.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 23, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga Chapter 90 Discussion/Chapter 91 Predictions

Post merged here, continue discussion here, thank you!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like they think they are gonna win cuz there is only 100 soldiers ... bad there is no thorkell with canute he woudlt like to kill peasants tho ... unless they atacked him

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 2878's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    Seems like they think they are gonna win cuz there is only 100 soldiers ... bad there is no thorkell with canute he woudlt like to kill peasants tho ... unless they atacked him
    I think Thorkell would rather change sides [passing on the same side as Throfinn] than slaughter peasants. Also I still think that Ketil is the Iron Fist Ketil. [because of that hidden stash of weapons]
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

jeah ketil is possible the same man wich had the same intuition then thorfinns dad to become peaceloving, maybe even thanks to him

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2878 View Post
    I think Thorkell would rather change sides [passing on the same side as Throfinn] than slaughter peasants. Also I still think that Ketil is the Iron Fist Ketil. [because of that hidden stash of weapons]
    There were lots of fakes made for the sword that Ketil has, so it doesn't mean much. If he is indeed the same Ketil, then what is the point of that part of the story?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 2878's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    There were lots of fakes made for the sword that Ketil has, so it doesn't mean much. If he is indeed the same Ketil, then what is the point of that part of the story?
    I think I may have missed the reference but where it is stated that there were lots of fakes made? Of what I learned the inscription on the sword represents a type of swords, of higher quality, and not a specific/singular sword.
    To my assumption I add the fact that he knew how to raise that crowd and what to say to them. Even though he knows what he is going to fight, he still maintained a straight face in front of his people.

On the other hand, Snake totally demolishes my theory by declaring that he and Iron Fist Ketil were as brothers and that Farmer Ketil ain't Iron Fist Ketil.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member redred's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2878 View Post
    Of what I learned the inscription on the sword represents a type of swords, of higher quality, and not a specific/singular sword.
    This seems about right, because askeladds father had the same sword back when he first drew it.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/23119/v...scanlations/13

I wouldn't doubt if Ketil turned out to be "iron fist" after all, the expression on his face is pretty crazy :P

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's unlikely Ketil and Iron Fist are the same person. He was characterized as a man completely unacquainted with the reality of war, and the "crazy" expression on his face seems to me more like a product of his mental collapse than of his supposed experience as a combatant. Moreover, Snake's testimony, as was stated, ruins any remaining foundation for such a theory.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

so snake going to die !? huh !?
    خداحافظ

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ketil and Iron fist could still be the same person. Remember...Snake said Ketil resembled Iron fist in size and build despite not acting anything like him. I think either way we'll know soon enough, when Ketil engages the enemy himself.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame that so very few people here discuss about such a great manga as Vinland Saga

I cant wait for start of fighting after so many months of "calm" chapters, build up is perfect till now so lets hope that we will get suprised by "who will die" thing. Since we have those chapters on the farm Ill get Vagabond-like feel from reading Vinland Saga, I sure do hope for some action heavy year right now, then getting back to that Vagabond- like feel.
    Its hard to think of moment when fighting will be done, Its seems like action will change place from Ketils farm to... who knows where. Anyone have any ideas?
    For me it seems like Snake will die in a fight with Canutes bodyguard/instructor(can anyone remind me his name?).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    …then getting back to that Vagabond- like feel.
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    For me it seems like Snake will die in a fight with Canutes bodyguard/instructor(can anyone remind me his name?).
    You probably mean Úlfr.
    Last edited by You Say; February 25, 2013 at 05:01 AM.
    Huge fan of history and Nordic culture, serious mature stories, Yukimura Makoto, Iwaaki Hitoshi and Tezuka Osamu.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by You Say View Post
    Spoiler show

You probably mean Úlfr.
    Dont You Say?
    Jokes aside thanks for name and when I wrote about Vagabond feel I meant not only last dozen of chapters in both mangas but more about feel that both are giving me when I see human side of "heroes". Its kind of mind training for both of - main character form Vinland Saga and Vagabond- they came out or will come out as people far stronger, not physically but mentally.
    We should get new chapter before end of this month?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Úlfr against Snake is actually a pretty interesting idea. Still, I hope Yukimura will pull off some "war struggle" narration by which I mean many images (or whole pages) of raging battlefield where you can see gradual movement of every warrior. Yukimura has incredible sense of fighting flow even in mass scenes and I absolutely wouldn't mind if he would narrate a whole chapter that way - without a word, just a brutal battle.

Another thing is, will Thorfinn engage in this battle between Knut and Ketil? Because he could just ran away with Leif, Einar and other if Arneis will awake. Or he could remain hidden in that cottage. Or he may take a part in the battle (in this case I'm somewhat afraid Einar would die). This is what I like, there are many possibilities and many things can happen, nothing is completely predictable.

Also, yes. There should be a chapter before end of the month (Even a chapter of Historie, yay!). Magazine was released just today so we can probably expect raws sometime this evening or tomorrow.
    Huge fan of history and Nordic culture, serious mature stories, Yukimura Makoto, Iwaaki Hitoshi and Tezuka Osamu.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast