Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Good

5 25.00%
  • Damn amazing!

15 75.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 220 Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 220 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Mansam is such a badass.
    Toriko has gotten much stronger but I still don't think he has a chance against Star. After all those attacks, Star isn't even worried a bit.

And what does Zaus' disappearance mean? Was he taken by the Bishokukai? Or the traitor? Or the IGO men? Or he recovered?
    Kousairou is still being stalked by Kuribou. I wonder what those two would do.
    Think we read something different but isn't even worried a bit? Didn't you see how injured he was at the end? He was coughing up blood for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure he'll have an advantage next chapter but Toriko most certainly does stand a chance.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that in this battle some underestimated chars will show us a bit of their imrpovement , like Tommy-Rod (that people bable about being the weakest among sous-chef) or Livebearer (which was just knocked by Coco but was assumed to be a weakling).

Epic chapter anyway ! (:

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

So interesting that an arch nemesis would have so much power gap.The Shiva Mask is something I reckon that what keeps down his body temperature until his skin was pale and blue-ish since in any lore, shiva is usually related to something cold and icy.And since his power is heat related, to hold back, he needs the mask.

I have some theory about Starjun's back story myself as an anti-hero, and I really think it has something to do about food luck that he said he lack, and somehow by joining Bishokukai he could cover that weakness of his.I think this fight, Starjun, being "the good bad guy" that he is, would probably teach Toriko new things about fighting, and we will almost certainly see a new technique from Toriko born from this fight.

Kousairou's/Kuribo's alliance is still ambiguous, but Im still leaning towards Kuribo being the mole.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRyu View Post
    I don't see how autophagy, something that has been established for well over 100+ chapters is an asspull. But alright. If anything Zebra's "anger cells" or w/e he used in the Nitro fight is an asspull, there was no explanation for that at all lol
    Just because it's explained doesn't mean it is not still an asspull, or something with no place of happening. Any time Toriko gets into a bind where he's overpowered and his energy is running low autophagy kicks in. It's like he's traveling around with a portable source of energy trailing along behind him. Yes, Zebra's fury fuel is BS, but oh well. It isn't like I hate these things, it's just too common place in the fights and I feel they really aren't needed to be honest. The fights can be written without.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Think we read something different but isn't even worried a bit? Didn't you see how injured he was at the end? He was coughing up blood for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure he'll have an advantage next chapter but Toriko most certainly does stand a chance.
    He took all those attacks from Toriko without even fighting back. And they're no ordinary attacks. They're Toriko's strongest attacks that we have seen so far. And Star didn't even fought back or dodge. He was just estimating Toriko's power by taking all those blows. A little blood, torn clothes and broken mask doesn't make him mean he's startled. The only time he got surprised was when his mask broke.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, considering that Toriko vs. Star is the main fight of this war, we almost certainly won't be seeing it's conclusion until near the end, when almost all the other fights have finished.

Mansam was a badass in this chapter, but he clearly needs a strong opponent. Considering the strongest of the bishokukai are all busy, I'm guessing it will be someone from the third party. Also, where did Shigematsu go?! Does the author not like that character or something??

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 220 Discussion Thread

Well, Toriko just showed how badass this manga is.

The chapter was great! I liked it from the begining till the very end. Toriko did perform splendid row of attacks and Staar was really surprised of Toriko beeing that powerful now. Still, it seems that he understimated him a bit and now is quite injured. He is even couphing boold. I never expected their fight to go in such a direction. Still, I think the counterattack from Staar is going to be pretty serious and Toriko might be pushed to his limit in order to protect himself. And I agree with thos who think that Toriko might invent one or several new moves in this fight. They might be attacking and defensive moves as he will also need strong defensive moves to defeat Staar.

So Zaus just dissapeared. Even Setsuno is puzzled. I don't really know what to think. Did Zaus ran away or did he joined someone we still don't know or was he captured by someone stronger?

I like the prediction that he might be that mysterious Chef who practically killed Teppei, but I hope it will be someone else, some totally new character.

As for Koisairou... Yes, for now it seems that he is a traitor to IGO, but let's see. Maybe Shimabakuro will surprise us. Still, Kuriboh is just behind him, so we might see a damn epic fight between them.

And well, Mansam really made this chapter.)) He was the badass! Sitting so casually on the mountain of all those GT Robos... And it seems that he is just warming up.) Hope we'll see him fight someone really strong.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think Mansam look like in the bad shape.. he holding his true nature and power with some knocking thing.. until it wear off he can still holding back.. a mountain of GT Robo without using much power.. that badass. Toriko look exhausting after using super combo of Kugi punch, Cannon fork & Leg boomerang. Well it kinda impressive feat that it took so much ren.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Mansam reminded me of Hulk and Broile of DBZ. Maybe he'll be like them when he really goes all out. His knocking is not to make himself strong but to restrain his gourmet cells.
    He only got a few panels in this chapter but he totally stole the whole show! A real badass!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Toriko 220 Discussion Thread

Was there anything that said Mansam used knocking on himself that I missed?

Btw, imho Starjun held back, I mean so far, its not a fight.Its Starjun going easy, gauging Toriko's power by taking hits head on without even trying to evade or block.But knowing the manga, it still could be some sort of "heat armor" like the 'sound armor' of Zebra.I honestly dont expect Toriko to win, because to me, Starjun fighting Toriko looks like a man fighting his younger self.

Regarding Zaus, I have a farfetched idea that he might be Joa.I mean hes no2 only to Setsuno, yet he seemingly got taken down easily, and this whole ordeal could be a ruse to make sure his identity as Joa remained a secret by fooling everyone that Zaus was kidnapped.

Take a look at Zaus' and Joa's posture and boots, they look identical.

http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Zaus
    http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Joa

Just throwing some crazy theories, because it would be better plot wise if Joa is someone thats already been revealed, rather than someone thats completely new.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Official; Shima is the best mangaka if we only consider how he end every chapters of his. And for me the last page of the chapter is the one which determine how good the chapter is. And most of the time, the great ending, even if it's only its last page, would generate huge waves of posts in here.

Anyway my bet on Zaus being the Bishokukai is still on. But I also like the idea from someone here saying that he came from third party group.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

don't know if he did the knocking himself or someone do it.. but it seem look like if Mansam go all out nobody including himself can stop it.. just like wild beast without restraining.. tearing apart all his victim without any mercy. just a matter of time the knocking will wearing off.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know Mansam uses knocking on himself like Jirou to enhance his muscles. And I'm pretty sure the knocking he was refering to in the last page of the last chapter was the knocking he did to himself. Because if it was the Bishokukai's, why would he ask them to stop him? If the enemy successfully used a knocking on him, then it means he's already paralyzed. And being paralyzed means he's already been stopped.

I'm guessing that once Mansam went to serious mode and his gourmet cells awakened, he'd go into rampage mode and destroy everything in his path. That's why he uses the knocking to calm his gourmet cells and keep his control.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow such attack from Toriko and right at the beginning of the fight! There could be several possiblities:

1.Starjun didn't expect such an incredible barrage of attacks from Toriko, got blitzed and couldn't react in time
    2.Starjun wanted to test Toriko's abilities and let himself get hit on purpose, but underestimated Toriko and got himself hurt
    3.Toriko is so fast Starjun just couldn't defend from his rush
    4.Starjun got stunned by Toriko's first attack and couldn't defend the subsequent attacks

I think it's mostly #1 and partly #2, Starjun's speed was hyped to no end, but of course it was exaggerated. Also, it shows how much Toriko's abilities improved with Food Immersion. Problem for Toriko might be that he already used his strongest skills, Starjun knows what to expect. Also he might have spent lot of calories. He is left with Nail Gun Punch only.

Lets not forget that Toriko's already defeated Starjun once before. Granted, he was using a GT Robo but apparently it wasn't that far from his full power.

Fight is far from over, Starjun is preparing his counterattack and showcasing of his abilities. Good to see that his love for battle is equal to Toriko's, guarantees amazing fight.

Such a tease about Kousairou every time we see him - damn just make him do something and show us if he is the traitor or not lol

Not mentioned so far - Juda barely changes expressions but he looks so game, wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

In the end, I must say that the Bishokukai's plan so far looks pretty stupid and, if I may say, is failing. Damn beast called Handsome is manhandling GT Robos, their strongest guys have their hands full with IGO's strongest guys, and chefs look pissed and ready as hell to kick ass. They at best have 50% chance of success and are certain to suffer heavy casualties. Unless they have some trump card (likely) it won't be good for them. Compare it to snatching Ootake using GT Robo with no hassle.
    Last edited by Buggy; January 31, 2013 at 05:39 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Lets not forget that Toriko's already defeated Starjun once before. Granted, he was using a GT Robo but apparently it wasn't that far from his full power.
    Nah, his speed on the GT Robot was nothing like his real speed, and when he met Toriko and Komatsu in Bar Meria, he said that he could've killed 10 times in that mere moment where Toriko got ready to fight, obviously there was a huge difference between them

But it seems thanks to Food Honor, there may be just a minor difference, that's it

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast