Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Good

5 25.00%
  • Damn amazing!

15 75.00%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 220 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 220 Discussion Thread

Great chapter! I think the fact that Star is coughing up blood is being over-estimated. How many times in mangas have we seen a character cough up blood in a fight and then the fight goes on for a dozen more chapters. Remember back early in the manga when a GT Robo stabbed Mansam through the stomach and shot him through the throat, just for him to pour a little liquor on it and be fine? I think Star has a ways to go before he's defeated...which makes me uneasy since Toriko used all his top shelf attacks from the start.

But like some others said, I think he might invent some new attacks during this fight. I'd like to see him do a combo or maybe a Kugi Kick. I'm leaning towards Spoon. Remember when Chin used Spoon on that fire? Star uses fire...hmmmm. But we'll see.

I really hope we get to see Mansam in action. All this off screen stuff is too much of a tease. And like I said before I want to see Rin in action too...and I mean real action. I hate seeing the main female character wasted like this.

As far as Zaus goes, I really like the idea of him being sorta like a double agent. But I'd rather him be apart of that 3rd faction than the Bishokukai. I don't think he's been kidnapped. Because if I've kidnapped arguably the best chef in the world already, I wouldn't see a reason to stay around much longer.

I can't wait for these next chapters. Besides the fights, I'm expecting a whole lot of info and surprises.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That was an awesome combo from Toriko (with all those Kugi Punches), but I think that he won't win this fight; in my opinion Starjun is still too strong.
    Anyway Hansam with just one panel, has shown all his badassessness.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Good combo from Toriko. We'll see how far Toriko has come up against the top tier of fighters. Seeing Mansam in action should be pretty exciting. Still curious about Zaus. Lots of action going on, can't wait to see what happens.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Wow such attack from Toriko and right at the beginning of the fight! There could be several possiblities:

1.Starjun didn't expect such an incredible barrage of attacks from Toriko, got blitzed and couldn't react in time
    2.Starjun wanted to test Toriko's abilities and let himself get hit on purpose, but underestimated Toriko and got himself hurt
    3.Toriko is so fast Starjun just couldn't defend from his rush
    4.Starjun got stunned by Toriko's first attack and couldn't defend the subsequent attacks

I think it's mostly #1 and partly #2, Starjun's speed was hyped to no end, but of course it was exaggerated. Also, it shows how much Toriko's abilities improved with Food Immersion. Problem for Toriko might be that he already used his strongest skills, Starjun knows what to expect. Also he might have spent lot of calories. He is left with Nail Gun Punch only.

Lets not forget that Toriko's already defeated Starjun once before. Granted, he was using a GT Robo but apparently it wasn't that far from his full power.

Fight is far from over, Starjun is preparing his counterattack and showcasing of his abilities. Good to see that his love for battle is equal to Toriko's, guarantees amazing fight.

Such a tease about Kousairou every time we see him - damn just make him do something and show us if he is the traitor or not lol

Not mentioned so far - Juda barely changes expressions but he looks so game, wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

In the end, I must say that the Bishokukai's plan so far looks pretty stupid and, if I may say, is failing. Damn beast called Handsome is manhandling GT Robos, their strongest guys have their hands full with IGO's strongest guys, and chefs look pissed and ready as hell to kick ass. They at best have 50% chance of success and are certain to suffer heavy casualties. Unless they have some trump card (likely) it won't be good for them. Compare it to snatching Ootake using GT Robo with no hassle.
    I think that Mitsutoshi hadn't worked out how powerful he wanted Starjun or any of the top tier characters to be, so back then he only said it couldn't convey his true power, but we had no idea he'd be this powerful now (I dont think mitsutoshi did either), which is probably why Mansam didn't one-shot that GT robot back then, weird theory I have I know. Seeing how Starjun is now though I'd say the GT robot wasn't conveying even a fraction of his durability or power, a 15 ren would likely take out that Robot starjun used back then, but now Starjun just tanked multiple mountain buster+ attacks, Huuuuuuuge difference there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If only the GT robot back then was tougher, I'm sure Star would've owned Toriko once more even if he just had a power up. The only reason Star lost in that fight (if you would really call that losing) was the GT robot wasn't able to take that much damage. Its still a machine. It doesn't regenerate and it was still in its testing stage. But if it was the real Starjyun that was there that time, Toriko could have died atleast twice in that fight.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko takes this chapter with his famous Kugi punchs! I must say I was pretty damn impressed by his tenacity and brief beat down on Starjun breaking his mask drawing blood from him actually doing some pretty good damage....

Mansam lives up to his 3rd ranking in the Igo beating down all those giant GT robo's but he wasn't unharmed in doing so, still he's a beast. 0biotope guy seems suspect and is being watch by that other 0biotope pot maker guy, i think that whole scenario is gonna play out pretty crazy.

Also chef Zaus is missing only 3 things can be assumed he escaped from the battle field, which I don't think is likely he should be much stronger than to run away and leave his associates in such a battle....He was captured, very possible somebody strong apprehended him. Like I said I'm sure he's a fierce offensive style chef if forced to fight....and last assumption he was faking being struck down and actually working with the bishoukai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Say doesn't toriko still have his piece of meteor garlic?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRyu View Post
    Say doesn't toriko still have his piece of meteor garlic?
    i was wondering the same thing. he didnt eat, at least we didnt see him eating it. so, this could be his + in this fight, probably another evolve

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought we saw them eat it already. It's just that Komatsu says Meteor Garlic will taste better with poison potato. Maybe I remember it wrong.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Star has not even hit Toriko once this is a one sided fight so far. Then again have we ever seen him attack? (GT excluded)
    I just cant stop thinking about Zaus. Setsuna has been staring at his burnt corpse for the last 2 chapters going HMM.
    Devour this Manga

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 220 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    He took all those attacks from Toriko without even fighting back. And they're no ordinary attacks. They're Toriko's strongest attacks that we have seen so far. And Star didn't even fought back or dodge. He was just estimating Toriko's power by taking all those blows. A little blood, torn clothes and broken mask doesn't make him mean he's startled. The only time he got surprised was when his mask broke.
    Nevertheless, that obviously showed that he can't really tank Toriko's attacks, he wasn't just a little bloodied, come on, he was pretty messed up. If Toriko stood no chance at all then even his strongest attacks so far (he's obviously got more up his sleeve) would have done nothing, the fact that they did shows that he does stand a chance. Star himself disagrees with you, why would he be so serious against someone who he thinks stands no chance at all against him?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Nevertheless, that obviously showed that he can't really tank Toriko's attacks, he wasn't just a little bloodied, come on, he was pretty messed up. If Toriko stood no chance at all then even his strongest attacks so far (he's obviously got more up his sleeve) would have done nothing, the fact that they did shows that he does stand a chance. Star himself disagrees with you, why would he be so serious against someone who he thinks stands no chance at all against him?
    He stands a chance, but we've seen this before in the Tommyrod fight, Tommy took his best attacks, he was bloodied sure but then he took off the his limiters and proceeded to maul Toriko. Would have killed him too if Teppei wasn't there, I think the fact that Starjun can take all those attacks shows that he's still a bit above Toriko, I could be wrong, but we'll see soon enough how powerful he is ^_^, can't wait man

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    He just tanked all of Toriko's strongest attacks. He even received the full impact of same attack that beat the 4 beast. And he's still standing up.
    We all know manga/anime characters could bleed gallons of blood and still fight as if it was nothing. So the blood we see from Star is nothing.

And I don't know why some are saying Star couldn't even defend himself or dodge Toriko's attacks. He could if it wanted to. Let's not forget that Star is one of the fastest characters in this manga. Even the 1millisecond delay of the GT robot that he piloted was too slow for him.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

DarkRyu
    I doubt that Toriko still has his piece of Meteor Garlic. It seems that he ate it in the actual Arc, though it wasn't stressed.
    He can't just carry it around for such a long time, especially since it's a damn delicious ingridient.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that for the entire fight, Toriko and Starjun will be in equal terms and it will be prolonged for some chapters. It might appear that Toriko can't win but I think that it is just about time that the Heavenly Kings can settle something against the Bishokukai, not another draw or cancelled fight between the two groups.
    "Marine Admirals"

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast